Episode IX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
...release date has just been announced: May 24, 2019.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/25/media/star-wars-episode-ix-release-date/index.html

that means we won't have to wait as long: 1 year and 5 months from Ep8's release. Happy Dance

Sith Master X
Both 7 & 8 were supposed to be released in May as well, and eventually got pushed back to December.

I'll end up betting this same thing happens here. Although not that it really makes a difference to me one way or the other, but I do prefer May over December for Star Wars. That was always the traditional release month.

queeq
Yup. I bet this one gets pushed forward too.

Bashar Teg
you two should go enjoy a half empty glass of water.

queeq
Why? We have episode VIII to look forward to first. Then maybe we look forward to the Han Solo movie and only then it's time to wonder when EpIX wil appear in the theaters.

We can't do nothing about it anyway, a SW movie has been pushed forward before.

Lord Lucien
We are literally going to be seeing new Star Wars movies until we all die. Getting pushed back a few months isn't a big deal. These things will be endless and unavoidable.

"Hey, did you hear about the new Star Wars movie?"
"The one from last year, from this year, or next year?"
"...Yes."

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by queeq
Why? We have episode VIII to look forward to first. Then maybe we look forward to the Han Solo movie and only then it's time to wonder when EpIX wil appear in the theaters.

We can't do nothing about it anyway, a SW movie has been pushed forward before.

IMO circumstances were different, considering how close to the wire all their planning was in the months following the purchase.

queeq
Well, everything will be different. The SW universe is not that clean cut, I'm sure they have to figure out a lot. And like with Rogue One, it's not unlikely new ideas come up in a very late stage. And that means that deadlines may not always be met. And they don't need to... we'll pay to see it anyway. Suckers! wink

JediRobin23
$$$$$

Well. I like to think different being better, but it's been shown that's not always the case....alwalys hope though....

queeq
Me too. But in the end... the Vader ending in R1 wasn't the best idea in hindsight. Hearing that some guys in post-production came up with that, makes me wonder if that was the entire SW crew going on a whim. That kinda troubles me.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by queeq
Well, everything will be different. The SW universe is not that clean cut, I'm sure they have to figure out a lot. And like with Rogue One, it's not unlikely new ideas come up in a very late stage. And that means that deadlines may not always be met. And they don't need to... we'll pay to see it anyway. Suckers! wink

eps 8 and 9 might be good. there's that possibility.

JediRobin23
The last Jedi is Luke btw...

Like said in ROTJ...

Bashar Teg
was never said in RotJ. it was well implied by yoda that luke would train more jedi (well...at least one). this title suggests more of an end to the jedi.

JediRobin23
Yoda: "The last of the Jedi, you will be..."

ROTJ didn't imply anything about training new Jedi....

Bashar Teg
that did not imply finality, because of what he said immediately after:

"the force is strong in your family. pass on what you have learned"

do you even nerd, bro? wink

queeq
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Yoda: "The last of the Jedi, you will be..."

ROTJ didn't imply anything about training new Jedi....

After Yoda's death, Luke WAS the last Jedi. At that moment. Yoda never said that there will never be another Jedi.

JediRobin23
Ok, but it still seems Luke is the last Jedi at the end of ep 7 or beginning of ep 8.
Ben turned to the darkside and Rey is in training (she is not a Jedi yet)

queeq
Neither was Luke when Yoda told him he was the last. He had to confront Vader one more time, remember.

Johnson has confirmed the title is singular and refers to Rey.

JediRobin23
Yes. "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi, you will be, the force is strong in your family, that is all that you have learned'

JediRobin23
That or pass. Still can't hear it

JediRobin23
Sry for the posts...

'Pass on what you have learned..'

Sry to yoda.....

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that did not imply finality, because of what he said immediately after:

"the force is strong in your family. pass on what you have learned"

do you even nerd, bro? wink

you got me on ignore, bruh?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you got me on ignore, bruh?

Are you like black bruh?

Bashar Teg
yikes

queeq
Uh-oh...

Bashar Teg
http://www.hypeorlando.com/the-aspiring-hipster/wp-content/uploads/sites/102/2014/08/img-332150-1-18394-zoinks-shaggy-scooby-doo-400x250.png

JediRobin23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOvAEJ49Jw

here it is...

Bashar Teg
"This video contains content from The Weinstein Co., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

queeq
I can watch it.

Bashar Teg
but the american cant. thanks obama.

queeq
Go to Trump then.

Bashar Teg
still no video. he cant help me either

queeq
Too bad.

Sith Master X
Called it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-9-release-date-change/

Bashar Teg
no biggie

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Called it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-9-release-date-change/

To be fair I think it would have stayed as May if the director wasn't replaced.

queeq
Hmm.. is that good or bad news? I dunno...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.