Jessica Jones runs the Sin City H2H gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
A morals-off Jessica Jones fights these bloodlusted characters in a pure H2H gauntlet. Fight takes place in a featureless arena. Opponents start 100 feet away. She gets to rest and heal back to peak capacity after each round. How much does she progress?
1. Dwight
2. Hartigan
3. Manute
4. Marv
Bonus round:Miho

HulkIsHulk
Also, how are her odds in winning against Danny who can't use the Fist?

TheVaultDweller
I'd say she could possibly beat the first two, but I struggle to see her beating Manute, and no way is she beating Marv or Miho (assuming Miho has her weapons).

As to IF: Danny is a much faster and better fighter than she is. And even without the Iron Fist, he has shown that he can hit hard enough to send people flying on occasion (though nothing like Super Soldiers, obviously). But his damage soak hasn't really impressed me that much so far. If Jessica can land a solid hit on him, she can do damage. But that also depends on how much she holds back.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
A morals-off Jessica Jones fights these bloodlusted characters in a pure H2H gauntlet.

P.s. Miho would kill the majority of Netflix characters 10/10 if she had her weapons

TheVaultDweller
Ah, I wasn't sure the same rules applied as you added it as an afterthought. Well, if she isn't holding back, her hits would likely cripple Danny, who got hurt on multiple occasions by people with only regular human level strength. Still, she'd have a tough time tagging him. Despite the dogshit fight choreography of the show, the implication is that he is one of the best human fighters on the planet. But at the same time, Jessica was capable of tagging Nuke and Luke who, while not trained monks or ninjas, both have military and combat training. IIRC, Nuke was in Spec Ops for 8 years before he became a cop. But then, again, Nuke was not fighting with any real finesse, and was usually either mind-controlled, or off his rocker on combat meds, so fought like a thug. And Luke was also trying to fight Kilgrave's control when they fought.

Basically, IF should win if he can KO her while avoiding any direct hits. But if she can connect him properly, she will hurt him badly, and can wear him down from there.

HulkIsHulk
And IIRC Luke was in the Marines, a cop and a prison fight champion.

P.S. Not related to this topic, but while mentioning Luke's strength feats in another thread, you didn't mention him batting away the bike diamondback threw at him

-And the IF fight scenes were not helped when the actor had only two hours to rehearse them

HulkIsHulk
And I thought she would have a chance against Marv because of his slow movements

John Murdoch

P.S. Not related to this topic, but while mentioning Luke's strength feats in another thread, you didn't mention him batting away the bike diamondback threw at him

-And the IF fight scenes were not helped when the actor had only two hours to rehearse them

Marine Force Recon I believe for Mr. Cage:
http://www.military.com/topics/force-recon

Also, didn't know Finn Jones only had a couple hours to rehearse the choreography. Did he not do some pre-production martial arts training to prep for the role?

TheVaultDweller

Yeah, Luke is a trained fighter, but I feel that it is safe to say he was not fighting at his best when he went against Jessica. He was actively trying to resist Kilgrave's control, and even had a moderate degree of success, being able to pause a few times during the fight.

Luke also slammed DB into a van hard enough to move the entire thing. But he has a lot of strength feats in his series, and listing all of them without writing a short essay is next to impossible.

In some cases, at least according to Jones, it was as little as 15 minutes for some sequences. Because they made a mess of the shooting schedule, so everything was rushed. But I have much higher hopes for The Defenders.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Also, didn't know Finn Jones only had a couple hours to rehearse the choreography. Did he not do some pre-production martial arts training to prep for the role?

He had all of 3 weeks of prep training before shooting started. Which is pretty much nothing if you don't at least already have some background in martial arts.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He had all of 3 weeks of prep training before shooting started. Which is pretty much nothing if you don't at least already have some background in martial arts.

3 weeks...for portraying the best martial artist in Marvel lore...wow.

TheLordofMurder
I'd say she could possibly beat the first two, but I struggle to see her beating Manute, and no way is she beating Marv.

100% agreed...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
And I thought she would have a chance against Marv because of his slow movements

Naw...

Marv has tremendous damage soak as shown in his second fight against Kevin, and exactly as he did against Kevin, he is willing to take punishment if it means getting close to you...

I think Marv completely overwhelms Jessica Jones; too strong, too vicious, too much damage soak...

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Naw...
Marv has tremendous damage soak as shown in his second fight against Kevin, and exactly as he did against Kevin, he is willing to take punishment if it means getting close to you...
I think Marv completely overwhelms Jessica Jones; too strong, too vicious, too much damage soak...
If Marv tries to absorb damage like he did against Kevin he's gonna get ****ed up worse. And its not like he has his handcuffs now, or that Jessica can't block his hits. Yes, Marv has the advantage, but he isn't overhelming her totally.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by John Murdoch
3 weeks...for portraying the best martial artist in Marvel lore...wow.
Its embarassing

TheVaultDweller
If Marv tries to absorb damage like he did against Kevin he's gonna get ****ed up worse. And its not like he has his handcuffs now, or that Jessica can't block his hits. Yes, Marv has the advantage, but he isn't overhelming her totally.

Have to agree here. Kevin is nowhere near as strong as Jessica, especially if she is not holding back. Marv is not tanking her hits like he did Kevin's.

HulkIsHulk
And just noting, (while I do consider it PIS), Kevin bloodied up Marv with his punches and kicks.

TheVaultDweller
Also, even if Marv had handcuffs, they wouldn't matter, as Jessica easily snapped out of a set of police issue cuffs (and then proceeded to fold her padded steel chair up like a piece of origami) during the interrogation scene on episode 7 of Jessica Jones.

I still would give it to Marv though. Both he and Jessica are super strong and tough, but his extra fighting experience should give him a notable edge.

HulkIsHulk
Talking about ep7, Kilgrave examined the guy's head and said it was manually decapitated, aka Jessica tore off his head from the dead body. Do you agree with him?

TheVaultDweller
That is a bit difficult, as I don't have the kind of training needed to be able to identify that kind of thing, and I am not sure how much knowledge Kilgrave has on the topic either. As far as I know, his only experience in the medical field is as a guinea pig to his parents. Maybe that's the case, where the head is concerned, but we don't have enough info to claim it as fact.

TheLordofMurder

I dont know...

Marv was able to withstand being hit full force by a speeding car and was able to just shake it off; I think his strength and durability is far superior to hers...

Add in Marvs willingness to kill and his viciousness, and I dont think she stands a chance...

TheLordofMurder
Have to agree here. Kevin is nowhere near as strong as Jessica, especially if she is not holding back. Marv is not tanking her hits like he did Kevin's.

The movie didnt do a good job of portraying it, but Kevin was absolutely superhumanly strong (as the graphic novel makes very clear; this movie is an adaptation of the graphic novel)...

Now based on the handcuff feat of Jessica's, you can certainly argue that she is stronger than Kevin, but Kevin is a much deadlier opponent than Jessica is...

Kevin actively attempts to cripple his opponents, is superhumanly fast/agile, and has those lethal claws...

Marv basically needed prep to beat Kevin...

Kevin would beat Jessica even faster than Marv would...

TheVaultDweller
The movie didnt do a good job of portraying it, but Kevin was absolutely superhumanly strong (as the graphic novel makes very clear; this movie is an adaptation of the graphic novel)...

Now based on the handcuff feat of Jessica's, you can certainly argue that she is stronger than Kevin, but Kevin is a much deadlier opponent than Jessica is...

This is the movie forum. We go by what is shown onscreen. If you disagree, we can ask a mod, but I highly doubt it will go in your favour.

And Jessica has tons of other scenes that decisively put her above Kevin in strength, like casually snapping padlocks one-handed, slamming Luke Cage's head through a brick wall, tearing doors off cars, casually lifting and holding the back of a car as it tried to drive away, stopping a taxi with one hand etc. And in terms of durability, Jessica got full on rammed by a truck (leaving a massive dent in the front of the truck and messing up the engine) and only sustained minor injuries, and could also take blows from Luke Cage without taking damage.

So no, Marv is not "far superior" to her in either of those categories. Also, the OP says morals off, which means Jessica will also kill here.

Kevin actively attempts to cripple his opponents, is superhumanly fast/agile, and has those lethal claws...

Marv basically needed prep to beat Kevin...

Kevin would beat Jessica even faster than Marv would...

Without morals, Jessica straight up just kills opponents. She doesn't worry about crippling. She either hits then hard enough to kill them or snaps their necks (like she did with Reva and Kilgrave). And besides, we are discussing strength, and the point that Marv cannot simply tank her hits like he could Kevin's.

Again, Marv should win, but he cannot use the same tactics he did against Kevin. He has to use skill and experience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.