Iron Fist vs Crossbones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.
- Both are operating at peak.
- Morals off.
- Fight takes place in Colleen's dojo.

KingD19
Danny fists him. /thread

FrothByte
Crossbones wins. Danny has too little durability and anyone who can go toe to toe with Cap is operating at much higher capacity than any foe IF has faced.

Danny can of course end this with one or two chi punches but he almost never really does that in the show and is very inconsistent with than fist

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Crossbones wins. Danny has too little durability and anyone who can go toe to toe with Cap is operating at much higher capacity than any foe IF has faced.

Danny can of course end this with one or two chi punches but he almost never really does that in the show and is very inconsistent with than fist

OP says morals off. Why would he not use the fist? The only reason he doesn't reall use it on people is because of the massive damage.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
OP says morals off. Why would he not use the fist? The only reason he doesn't reall use it on people is because of the massive damage.

The reason he doesn't use it all the time is because he hasn't mastered the technique yet, not enough to use it at whim at all circumstances and because it drains him too much.

KingD19
He can and has used it multiple times in quick succession, and fought through the energy drain.

He's even done a quick fire version of it to break a weapon before.

No reason he wouldn't send Crossbones flying when he got the chance.

John Murdoch
With how underwhelmingly Danny was presented in the show, I'd side with Crossbones being able to overwhelm him before Danny can summon the Iron Fist and deliver a deathblow explosion to Rumlow. Danny fought off plenty of no-named Hand goons, but also struggled with plenty of them too, as well as not being able to call on the fist on command, though after the finale he was pretty much able to get the glow going whenever he pleased.

I'd still take Bones since he at least made Cap feel the pain before Steve readjusted and took Rumlow down.

SUPER BONUS ROUND: If Crossbones has a gun, Danny occasionally possessed Baleman's power of making an enemy run towards him pointing his weapon at him instead of filling him full of lead, so Rand has that going for him.

BruceSkywalker
someone gets fisted lmao

Surtur
What if Danny does his ground pound?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Surtur
What if Danny does his ground pound?

Good question, Surt. If he lands that strike then follows up with a another charged strike, I'd say he can win. If he can set Rumlow up for a metal door busting strike to chest, that'd be a win for Danny.

However, I find it more likely that between Rumlow's ferociousness, strength, durability, and suit functions, Crossbones will stab or bludgeon Danny to death/incapacitation before Danny can center himself. Danny had trouble with various plain-clothed bad guys, this is a dude with full body armor and gauntlet blades plus the inability to feel pain, at least somewhat.

FrothByte
He can and has used it multiple times in quick succession, and fought through the energy drain.

He's even done a quick fire version of it to break a weapon before.

No reason he wouldn't send CrosJust sbones flying when he got the chance.

He has trouble using it when stressed or highly emotional. He himself has said this, and needs to center his chi before he could use it again. He was also unable to use it because he was stabbed in the side. And then there's the fact that he doesn't use it multiple times in a fight despite him getting beat up. Danny himself said that he has not finished his training. Let's not pretend that he can summon in every single time he wants and keep it on for the duration of the fight. It was clearly shown to be a finnicky thing in the show.

KingD19
And at the very end, after defeating Bakudo and coming to terms with what happened, while weakened he blocked a bullet as well as shattered the building in the same fight.

This is him at his peak with his morals off. There's nothing to stop him from summoning at least two strong fists.

FrothByte
And at the very end, after defeating Bakudo and coming to terms with what happened, while weakened he blocked a bullet as well as shattered the building in the same fight.

This is him at his peak with his morals off. There's nothing to stop him from summoning at least two strong fists.

He didn't shatter a building, he damaged an entire floor. Still impressive but nowhwhere near destroying a building. And while Danny's IF is strong enough to block a bullet and stop an axe, the rest of his isn't so durable, getting almost knocked out by a pair of brass knuckles. Crossbones hits harder than that with his gauntlets. And Danny had trouble with random hand thugs, none of which looked good enough to give Cap any pause.

Danny is a glass canon in this fight. His IF will hurt CB but is not a guaranteed one punch win, whereas ALL of CB's hits will hurt Danny and if used with fist spikes can be a one punch win.

KingD19
He didn't shatter a building, he damaged an entire floor. Still impressive but nowhwhere near destroying a building. And while Danny's IF is strong enough to block a bullet and stop an axe, the rest of his isn't so durable, getting almost knocked out by a pair of brass knuckles. Crossbones hits harder than that with his gauntlets. And Danny had trouble with random hand thugs, none of which looked good enough to give Cap any pause.

Danny is a glass canon in this fight. His IF will hurt CB but is not a guaranteed one punch win, whereas ALL of CB's hits will hurt Danny and if used with fist spikes can be a one punch win.

I wasn't being serious. You knew what I meant as we've all seen the show. Now imagine if he hit Rumlow with the same amount of force as he did the floor, since morals are off, he'll probably do that.

And an IF to Rumlow's gauntlet would shatter the gauntlet and probably his entire torso.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
someone gets fisted lmao

laughing

John Murdoch

Agreed with about all of this. Danny with a door/floor buster punch = Crossbones is done, but outside of that, Crossbones crushes him.

FrothByte
I wasn't being serious. You knew what I meant as we've all seen the show. Now imagine if he hit Rumlow with the same amount of force as he did the floor, since morals are off, he'll probably do that.

And an IF to Rumlow's gauntlet would shatter the gauntlet and probably his entire torso.

Well yeah sure, a direct hit from Danny's IF of that magnitude might kill CB, or at least really mess him up. But a direct hit from CB's gauntlet spike is just as lethal to Danny, plus CB has 2 of them and they're not as finicky as Danny's IF.

Let me put it this way:

* CB can kill Danny with a direct hit from any of his 2 spiked gauntlets whereas Danny can maybe kill CB with a direct hit from his single IF but only if he can generate chi strong enough like he did his ground pound.

* CB can deploy his spikes near instantaneously. Danny has trouble bringing out his IF, in fact has fought majority of his fights without using the IF

* CB can seriously injure Danny even without his spiked gauntlets. Every part of his body is strong enough to really hurt Danny. Danny on the other hand must rely on his IF to really hurt CB.

* Even as a regular human Rumlow was already skilled enough to dodge attacks from Cap and land hits of his own. He may not have won against Cap but that's already a very good feat of his skill. Danny gets hit by random hand thugs and has not taken on any superhuman.

TheVaultDweller
Just to address the IF will have trouble bringing out the chi attacks thing. I specified he is at peak in the OP. Also, in the final episode, once he got himself focused, he pulled it out 3 times in the same fight without any trouble (when crashing through the window, the ground smash, and the bullet deflection). To me, it was pretty clear that the writers were trying to show him getting better control over it as he matured as a character, until he could call it with much greater ease. He even learned new techniques with it, like chi-based healing.

Now, other arguments about Crossbones' own skill and strength are valid, but the ones claiming Danny will have trouble calling the Fist, especially when I specified peak performance and morals off, are not.

Edit: Also, why is no one using Iron Fist dodging a bullet after it was fired to argue Crossbones won't be able to hit him? After all, H1 claimed that everyone on here uses the same tactics he is using with Supergirl. stick out tongue

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Just to address the IF will have trouble bringing out the chi attacks thing. I specified he is at peak in the OP. Also, in the final episode, once he got himself focused, he pulled it out 3 times in the same fight without any trouble (when crashing through the window, the ground smash, and the bullet deflection). To me, it was pretty clear that the writers were trying to show him getting better control over it as he matured as a character, until he could call it with much greater ease. He even learned new techniques with it, like chi-based healing.

Now, other arguments about Crossbones' own skill and strength are valid, but the ones claiming Danny will have trouble calling the Fist, especially when I specified peak performance and morals off, are not.

Edit: Also, why is no one using Iron Fist dodging a bullet after it was fired to argue Crossbones won't be able to hit him? After all, H1 claimed that everyone on here uses the same tactics he is using with Supergirl. stick out tongue

Sorry, I interpreted "operating at peak" to mean they were not injured and and fighting at full health without any distractions, etc.

Now if we are to assume that Danny can engage his IF at will then:

CB still wins majority because Danny is still a glass canon. CB still has 2 gauntlet spikes that can kill Rand just as easily as his IF can take out CB, but CB has 2 of them plus the rest of his hits (kicks, elbows, headbutts, etc.) will all hurt Rand whereas Rand needs to depend on that one hand.

Can Rand win? Sure, he can take some wins with the IF if he lands it, but majority will go to CB.

Add to that that Danny can't maintain the IF for long. You mentioned that he used it 3 times? Well, Danny will need to maintain it for the duration of this fight. Assuming that some of his hits are dodged then he'll need to maintain the IF for more than 3 hits.

Henry_Pym
...People need to rewatch Iron Fist. Danny was written down because of plot, first he was drugged and then he was mind f***** by the Hand.

Neither is relevant here so only his best showings would really be canon to him now.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
...People need to rewatch Iron Fist. Danny was written down because of plot, first he was drugged and then he was mind f***** by the Hand.

Neither is relevant here so only his best showings would really be canon to him now.

What about that thug he fought with brass knuckles. Or the 2 russians (I think) he fought in a tournament. Or that security personnel inside the moving truck. These are guys Luke Cage would have just walked through.

Mindset
The 2 Russian guys were world class assassins or something.

Dunno why he had trouble with the other ppl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.