Aquaman (trident) vs Odinson (axe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this? This does not have his hammer.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not a Thor fan, but... putting him against Aquaman? Really? laughing out loud

EcstaticGrace
Aquaman's trident seems to switch over alot but I'd still put it overall above Jarnbjorn just because the trident is typically Mljonir lite. With its own perks like Enhancing his telepathy, Buffing magic and spells, etc.

Beatboks probably honestly knows more on the trident than me.

Dareangel
Is this TATOO aquaman?

beatboks
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Aquaman's trident seems to switch over alot but I'd still put it overall above Jarnbjorn just because the trident is typically Mljonir lite. With its own perks like Enhancing his telepathy, Buffing magic and spells, etc.

I only know the pre FP trident, the one gifted him by Posieden for saving him from Hades.
That trident is Mjilnor lite given it gave him complete control over all water. He could use it to affect weather and even cause earth quakes by affecting the pressure on techtonic plates. The problem is Arthur only used it a hand full of times and instead kept it in Atlantis under guard by his palace guard because he didn't trust himself or any mortal with its power.

Dareangel
IS THAT TATOOOOO AQUAMANNNN????

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think it wo-uld be a good fight, Thor has a slight edge in strength, durability but h2h is a wash. They are very similar in their attributes, in water I would favor AM, else Thor should take 9-10/10.

celeyhyga17
Slight edge in strength & durability with skill a wash, but he takes it 9-10/10? Hmmm...

Faceless808
Honest question. Has it ever been state that AM's strength is increased in water? I can't remember ever reading that, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Damborgson
I feel like the trident is a better weapon than the Axe, but Thor is no stranger to being run through, he'd probably take an Arm off in exchange.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Faceless808
Honest question. Has it ever been state that AM's strength is increased in water? I can't remember ever reading that, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It used to be a defining characteristic of the character that he was weaker outside of water than he was when he was in it. Since the reboot though, when it was revealed that Arthur actually grew up on land, it's sort of been flipped around, and the prevailing theme is sort of that water to him is like solar energy to Superman, just on a smaller scale.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Slight edge in strength & durability with skill a wash, but he takes it 9-10/10? Hmmm...

Yeah, you have someone who is 110/110 vs someone who is 100/100, rest is wa wash, what would happen ^^?

the Darkone
Thor wins the vast majority

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Yeah, you have someone who is 110/110 vs someone who is 100/100, rest is wa wash, what would happen ^^?
Eh?

mighty adam
Originally posted by -Pr-
It used to be a defining characteristic of the character that he was weaker outside of water than he was when he was in it. Since the reboot though, when it was revealed that Arthur actually grew up on land, it's sort of been flipped around, and the prevailing theme is sort of that water to him is like solar energy to Superman, just on a smaller scale. AM and namor should be gods in water. Namor should go back to thrashin hulk in water and AM should be superman prime power lv in water.

-Pr-
no expression

mighty adam
no expression namor is too weak now. I like AM buffs but i want more you getting injustice 2?

-Pr-
If it comes out on PC eventually, probably. When it's the super-deluxe edition for like 20.

zopzop
Originally posted by mighty adam
namor is too weak now. I like AM buffs but i want more you getting injustice 2?
I agree. AM should keep Posidon's Trident as standard equipment and Namor should be Ultimate Namor (beastly physical stats AND hydrokinesis).

As to the thread, Thor after a good fight. AM's come a long way baby.

beatboks

For one feat where he holds up a high rise that is structurally damaged whike its evacuated he has the fire dept douse him with water throughout the feat. I very much doubt he would do that if it wasnt neccesary for him to have the strength to do it

Faceless808
It used to be a defining characteristic of the character that he was weaker outside of water than he was when he was in it. Since the reboot though, when it was revealed that Arthur actually grew up on land, it's sort of been flipped around, and the prevailing theme is sort of that water to him is like solar energy to Superman, just on a smaller scale.

Thanks, PR!

Faceless808
Originally posted by beatboks
For one feat where he holds up a high rise that is structurally damaged whike its evacuated he has the fire dept douse him with water throughout the feat. I very much doubt he would do that if it wasnt neccesary for him to have the strength to do it

Thanks, BB. I only remember him having to breathe water once an hour. I also remember him being able to bust free of Poison Ivy's super vines in an old JLA story. He just said that muscles made to handle the pressures of the deep made him super strong on land. And I knew Namor was stronger in water, but I just didn't remember it being said that AM is stronger in water.

mighty adam
Originally posted by zopzop
I agree. AM should keep Posidon's Trident as standard equipment and Namor should be Ultimate Namor (beastly physical stats AND hydrokinesis).

As to the thread, Thor after a good fight. AM's come a long way baby. agreed

mighty adam
If it comes out on PC eventually, probably. When it's the super-deluxe edition for like 20. ...pc gamers always want deals. Well i used AM and shazam in the last one. Ill use AM and darkseid in this

beatboks
Thanks, BB. I only remember him having to breathe water once an hour. I also remember him being able to bust free of Poison Ivy's super vines in an old JLA story. He just said that muscles made to handle the pressures of the deep made him super strong on land. And I knew Namor was stronger in water, but I just didn't remember it being said that AM is stronger in water.

The. Eeding to be in water thing hasnt been the case for a very long time. Hes even survived days in the desert then faced a solar powered enemy when he reached civilization (defeated him with a mirror that he'd used to signal a plane to save him and kept in his belt.for if he saw help).

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn:ANd9GcSclzRh0FVKyC1qhJdXQSztX3olvQxrIVtNBWLm
ezyV0dpKy9boyt1XzYeOpg

This is the feat in question. The thing he's holding while the firemaan hose him down is the destroyed structural support for a high rise.

beatboks
Didnt seem to work here goes again

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5824915-2998452-aquamanstrengthfeat2.jpg

Faceless808
Nice scan, Beatboks! I appreciate it. The art work seems more recent than the JLA book I was talking about, from the mid 70's. But thanks for the info!

cdtm
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

Didn't Jarnbjorn kill Celestials?

Damborgson
Yeah, but it's enchanted to do that.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137152/4686554-5499840170-39403.jpg

deathslash
Aquaman does us all a favor, trips and falls on his trident, impaling himself and Thor gets the grill fired up and gets the tartar sauce ready.

-Pr-
Originally posted by mighty adam
...pc gamers always want deals. Well i used AM and shazam in the last one. Ill use AM and darkseid in this

Well when we get bad ports that take months to come out after consoles get it, a discount is only fair.

that and the stupid armour system/bad roster is why I won't pay full price.

Nice scan, Beatboks! I appreciate it. The art work seems more recent than the JLA book I was talking about, from the mid 70's. But thanks for the info!

iirc it's based on a story told by someone of something that happened years ago, so it wasn't happening at the current time of the comics.

Originally posted by deathslash
Aquaman does us all a favor, trips and falls on his trident, impaling himself and Thor gets the grill fired up and gets the tartar sauce ready.

you've been talking to stilt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.