Does Donald Trump Suffer from Mental Illness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/politics/trump-cbs-interview.html?_r=0

in his latest on-air shitshow, the donald walked away from an interview, redfaced and pouty, because a reporter had the temerity to ask him for proof of his renewed claims that he was wiretapped by obama. once again, when challenged, trump nonchalantly conflated his previous criminal accusation against a former president as just an 'opinion' and was angry when the reporter continued pressing the matter.

OvWNA5gKmXU

Silent Master
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Does Donald Trump Suffer from Mental Illness?

Probably.

Robtard
Narcissistic personality disorder

Definition:
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Narcissistic personality disorder

Definition:
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

I agree, but I would have chosen a mental disorder 99% of politicians do not suffer from to some degree.

Robtard
So you're using the "but most of them do it" style of deflection to save Trump here. /noted

Bashar Teg
that didn't take long

Surtur
So you're using the "but most of them do it" style of deflection to save Trump here. /noted

Not trying to save him at all, merely saying this is not something that separates Trump from other politicians.

This only saves Trump if the sole thing you can name is narcissism.

Bashar Teg
i never saw a president act like such a child. i've seen g.w. bush and bill clinton get a bit childish in their anger, but not to such a degree where they took their ball and went home, redfaced and pouting.

i agree with robtard that it's n.p.d.

pretty sure that what we witnessed there was our president reacting to his narcissistic injury, in probably the most graceful fashion that he was capable of.

Surtur
i never saw a president act like such a child. i've seen g.w. bush and bill clinton get a bit childish in their anger, but not to such a degree where they took their ball and went home, redfaced and pouting.

i agree with robtard that it's n.p.d.

pretty sure that what we witnessed there was our president reacting to his narcissistic injury, in probably the most graceful fashion that he was capable of.

Well sure, all politicians have this mental illness, but it's very correct to say not all of them have it to the same degree as Trump.

Bashar Teg
i don't agree with your attempt to normalize his behavior.

Flyattractor
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/politics/trump-cbs-interview.html?_r=0

in his latest on-air shitshow, the donald walked away from an interview, redfaced and pouty, because a reporter had the temerity to ask him for proof of his renewed claims that he was wiretapped by obama. once again, when challenged, trump nonchalantly conflated his previous criminal accusation against a former president as just an 'opinion' and was angry when the reporter continued pressing the matter.

OvWNA5gKmXU

Hey Bashy... AINT THAT A YOUTUBE THREAD You posted to Show the Proof of the Material of what YOUR THREAD is trying to Show?!

So to use your WORDS that should INVALIDATE the ENTIRE POINT of what this THREAD is supposed to be about...RIGHT!?

Bashar Teg
it's a clip of his interview, clownshoes. are you going to suggest hollywood video doctoring magic?

Flyattractor
it's a clip of his interview, clownshoes. are you going to suggest hollywood video doctoring magic?
Yes, but it is a YOUTUBE CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I have to put of a Quote of what you yourself have said about USING YOUTUBE CLIPS as Evidence?

Surtur

If I thought it was fully normal I would say having the mental illness at the level he has it is not rare for politicians. It is rare, what isn't rare is for these people to have this disorder in itself.

Even when someone does normalize a thing it doesn't always make it good. All politicians lie. This doesn't make it okay for a politician to lie, even if their opponent lies more often, none of them should be lying.

Politics especially has all kinds of attempts to normalize shady behavior, I'm sure plenty of times you've seen abhorrent behavior written off with a "that's politics" by people on both sides.

Kurk
His speaking style and physical movements leads me to think that he has aspergers

Robtard

That's a problem we're facing, imo. Normalizing behavior that would damage any other President.

Though that's a problem with Trump supporters and not Trump, they refuse to hold him to a high standard that other contemporary presidents have been held to. In fact, the bar has been lowered for him.

Flyattractor
And it is not Normalizing...its RATIONALIZING.

Big diff....The Left have pretty much MASTERED it at this point.

See Obama and his Church Going Days aka Jeremiah Wright Days.

Bashar Teg
in surter's defense, it could be speculated that any president who can order bombings and airstrikes that kill hundreds/thousands of innocent civilians is a psychopath. however they could also simply be self-deluded. (as with so many 'patriotic' americans who tell themselves that it was all worth it to kill those 4 terrorists) it's difficult/impossible to support as it is to refute such claims, though easy to speculate. anyway, i think that's the road surter was taking.

trump's behavior, however, is impossible to pass off as anything other than narcissistic rage. he was emotionally incapable of confronting a completely valid question "why do you continue accussing someone of a crime with zero evidence". his choices were either to end the interview abruptly or screech autistically and hit someone/something/himself.

Flyattractor
So when Obama ordered Drone Strikes that can be used as an example of his having a MENTAL DISORDER!? Gotchya.

Bashar Teg
i said it could be easily speculated but never proven or disproven because of other possible causes for such actions (self delusion perhaps). put down your crack pipe and learn to read.

Flyattractor
Aka Ok when We Use it but not when You do it.

Typical Bashy Leftist Hypocrisy.

GOTCHYA!

Bashar Teg
i was actually half-agreeing with surt. you're not a smart man.

Flyattractor
If you admit to agreeing with Surt, what does that Say about Your mental state according to Your own View Points?

Maybe we should start a Mental State Thread for Bashy.....

Bashar Teg
"half-agreed". i'm done wasting my time in your troll-trap. spew what you will, illiterate crack smoker.

Flyattractor
Admitting to defeat is a good first step in coming to terms with your mental deficiencies

Bashar Teg
wow you won again. why don't you freebase some more cocaine and celebrate.

Flyattractor
So did you LIE in your last post or are you just RATIONALIZING again?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think examples like this best describe Trump:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331349-trump-why-was-there-the-civil-war

I don't think Donald Trump suffers from a mental illness but I think he represents some of the worst that America has to offer intellectually. He's lazy, dislikes reading, is not very well spoken, does not fact check and basically says whatever he wants whenever he wants without taking responsibility for his words and/or actions. He's also pretty stupid from what I've seen. And I'm not talking about overall knowledge of topics he discusses (Which he does a lot of) but I mean at the most basic level, he lacks some common sense and reasoning which unfortunately cannot be taught, at least for a man of his age who will only get worse as time goes by.

The damage he is doing the seat of POTUS in the eyes of the international community is terrible. He has lowered the bar so terribly, I feel bad for your country.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The damage he is doing the seat of POTUS in the eyes of the international community is terrible. He has lowered the bar so terribly, I feel bad for your country.

Don't worry, when Warren wins in 2018 the bar will be set to record highs like it was with Obama back then, she won't be able to fart without scrutiny.

Imagine if Obama or H. Clinton had five children with three different spouses, were serial adulterers and had bragged about being sexual predators. The Right would have been beyond words on how anti American and family values that is and what examples are we showing our children. Think of the children.

Surtur
That's a problem we're facing, imo. Normalizing behavior that would damage any other President.

Though that's a problem with Trump supporters and not Trump, they refuse to hold him to a high standard that other contemporary presidents have been held to. In fact, the bar has been lowered for him.

The problem is this is something we have always seen present in politics that is now being taken to the extreme. His supporters tend to overlook it because Trumps personality is one of the reasons they wanted him in the first place, he has been portrayed as an "outsider" and thus behavior outside the norm is more tolerated and at times even welcomed.

Trump is just a symptom of a much more serious disease. We normalize shady behavior in a profession where trust is very important, yet we expect all politicians to lie to us on some level. We have now seen where that kind of complacency can lead.

Robtard
Trump's a wealthy and prominent white man... But being an "outsider" isn't anything new in politics, two somewhat recent examples: Ron Paul (and to an extent his son) was an outsider. John McCain was an outsider with his "he's a maverick" status. Yet they didn't get a free pass. Edit: Do we need to mention Dr. Ben Carson?

We could technically say Clinton and Obama were "outsiders", considering their 'outside the norm' as they broke away from the status quo of rich white males being POTUS.

How does one excuse something like rampant bigotry with *lol* "oh, he's an outsider shaking things up". Explain that as a Trump supporter?

Honestly, it seems like you're once again doing your best to excuse Trump and his supporters' lack of accountability with a "it's not their fault, they're victims of the evil system." angle. Shame on you, sir. Not on my watch.

Surtur
Trump's a wealthy and prominent white man... But being an "outsider" isn't anything new in politics, two somewhat recent examples: Ron Paul (and to an extent his son) was an outsider. John McCain was an outsider with his "he's a maverick" status. Yet they didn't get a free pass.

We could technically say Clinton and Obama were "outsiders", considering their 'outside the norm' as they broke away from the status quo of rich white males being POTUS.

How does one excuse something like rampant bigotry with *lol* "oh, he's an outsider shaking things up". Explain that as a Trump supporter?

Honestly, it seems like you're once again doing your best to excuse Trump and his supporters' lack of accountability with a "it's not their fault, they're victims of the evil system." angle. Shame on you, sir. Not on my watch.

I didn't say it was just his outsider status, but his overall personality and it being a reason that drew people to him.

I never said it wasn't their fault, a lot of people ignore major faults in candidates they favor, and it's never anyone elses fault but their own. People on both sides are blinded, it's not just Trump supporters. Hilary supporters don't hold her accountable for losing the election, not really. They hold everyone else accountable. Russia, wikileaks, Jim Comey, Misogyny, white people, racism, etc. Everyone but their candidate. So any notion of the liberal voters being superior is not going to fly, not on my watch.

Surtur
Don't worry, when Warren wins in 2018 the bar will be set to record highs like it was with Obama back then, she won't be able to fart without scrutiny.

Sure, scrutiny from conservatives. Sort of like Trump could never do anything without scrutiny from liberals. The excuse of "he's president!" would fly if this only began after he won.

I have no doubt her "Native American" status will come up again though. As well as her hypocrisy.

Clinton forgave an adulterer and went after any female that tended to accuse her husband of wrong doing. Then she had the audacity to say things like "women have a right to be believed".

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Sure, scrutiny from conservatives. Sort of like Trump could never do anything without scrutiny from liberals. The excuse of "he's president!" would fly if this only began after he won.

I have no doubt her "Native American" status will come up again though. As well as her hypocrisy.

Clinton forgave an adulterer and went after any female that tended to accuse her husband of wrong doing. Then she had the audacity to say things like "women have a right to be believed".

Um, Trump's only been president for about 100days and in case you've already forgotten multiple liberal and/or Democrats and outlets praised him as "presidential" when he sent missiles Syria.

She's as much (1/32nd iirc) or less Native American as many others claim and seems seemingly received no benefits due to her Native heritage. I love how just the mention of another woman running for POTUS has you already on the attack though. Relax, sport, she may not even run.

A woman forgiving her cheating husband isn't anything new or even out of the ordinary. But I see you needed something to avoid the point I made about inequality and floating standards.

Robtard
I didn't say it was just his outsider status, but his overall personality and it being a reason that drew people to him.

I never said it wasn't their fault, a lot of people ignore major faults in candidates they favor, and it's never anyone elses fault but their own. People on both sides are blinded, it's not just Trump supporters. Hilary supporters don't hold her accountable for losing the election, not really. They hold everyone else accountable. Russia, wikileaks, Jim Comey, Misogyny, white people, racism, etc. Everyone but their candidate. So any notion of the liberal voters being superior is not going to fly, not on my watch.

Actually it's literally the point you brought up and focused on. Anyhow. But Presidential hopeful Trump was a comically deplorable shit-show. So think about what you're saying in regards to his voters.

So back to more: 'Trump voters didn't elect Trump, Clinton and Clinton supporters did'. See: Zero Accountability. Which is funny, because if Trump was doing fantastic in regards to his promises. New and better healthcare, Mexico agreed to pay for the wall, banned Muslims, shut down so-called "sanctuary cities", drained the swamp, destroyed ISIS in 30days etc, you as a Trump voter would be smugly patting your own back for electing him. This is a fact.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The dude just compared himself to Jackson, incorrectly I might add.

Jackson was a racist bigot by Southern Standards. He was an all around terrible human being, the symbolic evil white man caricatures you would see in a comic book. He was a crap President too. He had hundred(s?) of slaves. And Trump thinks he would have solved the Civil War? Yea sure, by moving Slavery up North probably.

Liberals do hawk over everything Trump says but it would be irresponsible not to. He just compared himself to the Native American version of Hitler (Albeit hyperbole in terms of numbers but just research something of the things he did....)!

Common bro, this isn't even about politics anymore, it's about having some f*cking decency and respect for the office. I don't care of Clinton liked getting gang banged in Lincoln's room on her down time as POTUS as long as it didn't cost Taxpayer's money, it's better than this.

Surtur
Lol, this is why the BS you guys say goes in one ear and out the other for me. It's about decency and respect for the office? Where are you guys when people are disrespecting Trump and thus the office? *Crickets chirping*

This is why liberals aren't taken seriously, and to be honest rather than respond with an asinine excuse as to why you have to disrespect Trump I'd rather you just not dig that hole, okay?

Since a person can be critical without being obnoxious and disrespectful. I don't give a shit if you disrespect Trump, but do not then whine about him being disrespectful. It's just silly.

Adam_PoE

Surtur

Robtard
TIL: Trump won because feel-feelz were hurt

Presidential hopful Trump was crude, vile and insulting to Republicans, Democrats and people in general. But you can't say "mean things" now that he's won or else. Lolz.

Adam_PoE
Awesome, just awesome. Attitudes like this will make sure he wins again in 2020 thumb up

Why not just label them deplorables?

If the shoe fits. If people are dumb enough to vote against their own self-interests, because the truth hurts their fee-fees, then let them eat cake. It is their funeral, not mine.

Surtur
TIL: Trump won because feel-feelz were hurt

Presidential hopful Trump was crude, vile and insulting to Republicans, Democrats and people in general. But you can't say "mean things" now that he's won or else. Lolz.

Not because feelings were hurt, just because people couldn't keep their mouths closed and it got people to go out and vote.

Say mean things all you want, I just don't want to see imbeciles then whining about disrespect later on. Nor do I want to see these folk whining in the future about generalizations, etc.

Adam_PoE
Not because feelings were hurt, just because people couldn't keep their mouths closed and it got people to go out and vote.

Say mean things all you want, I just don't want to see imbeciles then whining about disrespect later on. Nor do I want to see these folk whining in the future about generalizations, etc.

Um, if it mobilized them to vote, then it is by definition reactionary. They voted against their own interests to stick it to people who hurt their feelings. Wow, they really showed us. Stupid ****s.

Robtard

Literally what you just implied to Adam, sport. Mean things were said, people's feelings were hurt and emotional votes were cast.

Um, you said and still say plenty of "mean things" and you're whining that others are being disrespectful, eg did you already forget your nigh-fanatical fear/hatred of Clinton when you thought she was going to win?

You still can't let it go and she'll never be president. And as for the point you dodged yesterday, if Clinton had five children with three husbands and had cheated on all of them, you would have labeled her an 'immoral whore'. This is a fact.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Um, if it mobilized them to vote, then it is by definition reactionary. They voted against their own interests to stick it to people who hurt their feelings. Wow, they really showed us. Stupid ****s.

And if it mobilized them to vote, it's stupid to continue to behave in a way that would lead to the same thing, no? Seems dumb as f*ck to me. Especially seems like an intelligent person would grasp it, and anyone who fails to do so have given up any claim on being intelligent. But hey you'll have the moral high ground, so props to KMC's very own Kathryn Janeway.

So both sides are being dumb as hell. "If the shoe fits" indeed thumb up

Adam_PoE
And if it mobilized them to vote, it's stupid to continue to behave in a way that would lead to the same thing, no? Seems dumb as f*ck to me. Especially seems like an intelligent person would grasp it, and anyone who fails to do so have given up any claim on being intelligent. But hey you'll have the moral high ground, so props to KMC's very own Kathryn Janeway.

So both sides are being dumb as hell. "If the shoe fits" indeed thumb up

One cannot reason another out of a position he did not reason himself into. Tip-toeing around their precious fee-fees is not going to change how they vote, so why bother? The only thing that fixes stupid is death, so you may as well let them vote themselves into an early grave. There, problem solved.

Robtard
Absolutely correct, Trump's base will largely vote for him in 2020 no matter what. Proof: Trump literally tried to take away their overall affordable health insurance and replace it with something that provided less for more money while making the wealthy wealthier and they're cool with it cos their feelings where hurt in the past by someone they labeled as "liberal". The list goes on.

Greater voter enthusiasm/turnout for D-voters and swaying the more sensible middle-road voters is what will get Trump out in 2020. You can even sway some moderate Republicans to not vote or vote D or 3rd party, but you're not swaying his zealots. There's a reason why candidates tactically campaign in some areas and not others.

eg Can this person be reasoned with?

bTZPOtKlYF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZPOtKlYF8

Flyattractor
bTZPOtKlYF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZPOtKlYF8

It is a youtube clip and thus it is instantly invalidated.

Try again.

Bashar Teg
our toddler in chief is now calling for a government shutdown, because he still can't get enough votes for an ACA repeal.

#TakeBall #GoHome

Robtard
Has he tried holding his breath?

BackFire
But he's a great deal maker. Gonna make the best deals.

Bashar Teg
trump voters with pre-existing conditions be like

http://i.imgur.com/vvP7IxS.gif

Surtur
Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey....you aren't very bright.

Bashar Teg
*the future, as surt sees it*

okay class. please open your history books to page 230: "the great medical insurance scandal of 2017", which led to over 24 million citizens being dropped from their coverage.

though hundreds of thousands of american citizens needlessly suffered and died from treatable illness, the true scandal took place on the house floor. it was there that, tragically, some democrats gloated over the idea that their opponents had wasted their opportunity to retain their seats in the 2018 midterm elections, and sang a song about it.

Robtard
trump voters with pre-existing conditions be like

http://i.imgur.com/vvP7IxS.gif

Ha, nice

Firefly218
Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey....you aren't very bright. You can't defend the Republicans you voted for so this is your sad attempt to deflect. Trump has done nothing but hurt the country and degrade it since being in office.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
You can't defend the Republicans you voted for so this is your sad attempt to deflect. Trump has done nothing but hurt the country and degrade it since being in office.

I don't need to defend them.

Surtur
*the future, as surt sees it*

okay class. please open your history books to page 230: "the great medical insurance scandal of 2017", which led to over 24 million citizens being dropped from their coverage.

though hundreds of thousands of american citizens needlessly suffered and died from treatable illness, the true scandal took place on the house floor. it was there that, tragically, some democrats gloated over the idea that their opponents had wasted their opportunity to retain their seats in the 2018 midterm elections, and sang a song about it.

If you ever want evidence of your childish tactics look no further than right here. Nobody ever said the singing was the true scandal or that the most important thing that happened that day was the singing. What happened was I laughed at how sad their singing was and that triggered you.

Before you say it: No, there will be no "you didn't specifically say it but you totally implied it" here either, because I didn't. This is a near dead internet forum, so we're not going to pretend making a post laughing at the Dems is equivalent to some admission of feeling that is the most important thing going on.

Firefly218
I don't need to defend them. You either defend your choice or you regret it. An honest person doesn't do both.

Surtur
You either defend your choice or you regret it. An honest person doesn't do both.

I think it's up to each individual on whether or not they want to defend their choice to others. My problem comes with the fact that you are acting as if people *owe* you an explanation for why they voted the way they did.

Firefly218
I think it's up to each individual on whether or not they want to defend their choice to others. My problem comes with the fact that you are acting as if people *owe* you an explanation for why they voted the way they did. Your vote doesn't only effect you, it effects everyone. So when you vote for destruction and regression, I think it's fair for all the people getting fuked to demand an explanation.

Surtur
Your vote doesn't only effect you, it effects everyone. So when you vote for destruction and regression, I think it's fair for all the people getting fuked to demand an explanation.

I disagree, a person doesn't owe you anything when it comes to how they voted. Going by your logic, how far would you take it? What if a person doesn't want to even reveal who they voted for, is that information also owed to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.