VERY EARLY version of Mustafar fight found??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs4e1v_star-wars-episode-iii-deleted-scenes-mustafar-duel-animatics_shortfilms

Looks like a completely different fight. Anakin's using TK a shiton. The scene where Anakin hurls everything in the vicinity at Kenobi may have been really neat to see if done properly. Also, Anakin creating a wave with the lava would have been lit.

---

Also, check this fan trailer out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84zsjLvOfk&t=0m50s

I don't recall this scene of Kenobi stumbling backwards as Anakin strides forward.

Looks like it was either cut or we see it in the film from a different angle.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs4e1v_star-wars-episode-iii-deleted-scenes-mustafar-duel-animatics_shortfilms

Looks like a completely different fight. Anakin's using TK a shiton. The scene where Anakin hurls everything in the vicinity at Kenobi may have been really neat to see if done properly. Also, Anakin creating a wave with the lava would have been lit.

Damn, wish they would have done it this way instead.

Neat find.

SunRazer
Yeah, that part and the following part on the collection pipe looked awesome.

And the lava-throwing/deflecting part. But the part where Obi-Wan ends the fight looked bad, IMO.

TheNuisanceBird
This was what the cutscenes for the first lego Star Wars game were based off of.

Kenobi using two sabers was actually filmed but was eventually cut. Gillard mentioned it in the Saberproject interview I think.

SunRazer
Yep. That sequence appears in things like the junior novel. The deflecting lava part made it into the novel, IIRC.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by SunRazer
Yep. That sequence appears in things like the junior novel. The deflecting lava part made it into the novel, IIRC.

Junior or senior?

SunRazer
I believe the lava deflecting was senior, but it was just random lava bursts as opposed to either Jedi throwing it, IIRC. Junior had Obi-Wan getting Anakin's lightsaber after slide-tackling him. In the senior novel, that was replaced by Obi-Wan using EM on Anakin's hand to get his lightsaber. In both versions Anakin wrestles it away from Obi-Wan.

SunRazer
Wonder if there's a similar thing for Dooku vs Yoda in AotC. It originally featured Yoda being on Dooku's shoulder and Tyranus drawing Obi-Wan's blade in addition to his own. Anakin vs Dooku was also altered.

All I've managed to find so far is this: http://www.geocities.ws/mrghoul_01/saberduel.html

TheNuisanceBird
It'd be interesting to see how Dooku would use Jar'Kai.

Always wanted to see Vader use Jar'Kai onscreen even if it sounds a little silly. Would be interested to see how it'd play out.

Yoda "boarding" Dooku's shoulder would've been pretty cool.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by SunRazer
I believe the lava deflecting was senior, but it was just random lava bursts as opposed to either Jedi throwing it, IIRC. Junior had Obi-Wan getting Anakin's lightsaber after slide-tackling him. In the senior novel, that was replaced by Obi-Wan using EM on Anakin's hand to get his lightsaber. In both versions Anakin wrestles it away from Obi-Wan.

I actually have a copy.

The Junior novelization:

Interesting quote: "Lord Vader, your skills are unmatched by any Sith before you" -Sidious.

Anyways:

"Anakin did a back flip onto the table to gain the highground" lol

"But Obi-Wan had been expecting something like that, and did not follow. Instead, he threw himself into a long slide, bowling Anakin over. As he fell, Anakin lost his grip on his lightsaber."

"Anakin wretched his lightsaber away, and attacked once more."

In the Senior novelization I remember Anakin evading attacks from Kenobi. This was shot and was in the animatic so I'm not sure if that's where I remember it from.

Just read the Mustafar sequence. I think the lava may be in the Senior version.

I also think there was something about Vader slashing a pillar when they were on the balcony and hurling shards of metal at Kenobi.

Petrus
The fight looks awesome, but the end flat-out sucks. I'm glad they didn't keep it like this.

Rockydonovang
tvh it seemed way to video gamish to me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.