Black Panther vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
Black Panther in his suit fights Luke Cage in Sokovia, though Panther cannot use his claws and its a strictly melee fight.
Bonus round 1: same rules as above, Cage now only has feats from the JJ series.
Bonus round 2: same rule as Br1, but now Panther doesn't have his suit
Bonus round 3: Same rules as previous rounds, but now suitless Panther's arms get replaced by Bucky's and Spooner's (I, Robot) metal arms.
Bonus round 4: Luke Cage with feats only from his series fights the metal armed T'challa.

FrothByte
In full costume, even without his claws, BP should win. His suit should take away most of the damage that Cage can do with his fists and should be strong enough to hurt Cage about as much as Cage can hurt him. The deciding factor is the fact that BP is so much more skilled than Cage.

Now if BP was without his suit it can go either way. He's still durable enough to take a punch from WS's robotic arm but obviously he can't take too many hits from Cage. Of course, that's assuming Cage can even hit him. I think without costume it's a toss up.

TheVaultDweller
Initial round: I would give it to T'Challa, because of the suit's damage soak. He took a full-on metal arm uppercut from Winter Soldier and it barely fazed him. Hell, other than being knocked around a bit, virtually nothing that hit him while in his suit really gave him issues. It'd be a drawn out fight though, as Diamondback has better striking feats than T'Challa does, and even an extended beating couldn't put Luke down.

Bonus Round 1: T'Challa with more ease, as Luke has limited feats on Jessica Jones, and, other than tanking the bar explosion, they are below the stuff from Luke Cage.

Bonus Round 2: With just Jessica Jones, I would be inclined to give it to T'Challa. Cage still has him in overall durability IMO, but he was nowhere near as impressive as he was on his own show.

Bonus Round 3: Again T'Challa. Like I said, Luke was pretty weak on Jessica Jones. He had a notable power creep in between shows.

Bonus Round 4: Now here Luke has a shot. The robot arms are powerful, but Luke already showed he can take a serious beating from an opponent with comparable strength and keep going, even when holding back and the opponent gaining strength from Luke's hits. Panther has speed and skill, but Luke has more overall power in his body, and greater durability. Would be a tossup.

HulkIsHulk
I don't think Bucky's metal arm is that above(if above at all) Luke's strength. Heck just comparing it with Luke's JJ feats:
* Crack concrete with a punch? Luke's done it with his foot
* Punch through a wall? Luke's topped that by punching through one and pulling Jessica through it.
* Dent elevator door? Cage caused the engine of a bus to cave in with a punch.
* KO Falcon with a toss? Cage tossed one cop into another and KOd them both.
* Swing around a battering ram? Cage tossed those tables at the weedhouse.
There was also the time when he was trying to kill that bus driver and Jessica tried to stop him. She was using her whole body and he casually walked forward, pushing her back

And also, BP's suit didn't give him ultimate protection either. On a beleivable side, he was definitely being hurt by Cap's shield throws and blows. After Cap kicked him away you don't see him till the group shot. Then you have him audibly crying out when Bucky grabs him by the throat and he apparently got KTFOd when Wanda threw him through a gangway/jet bridge.

Also do you really think T'challa can take many hits from Cage without the suit.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I don't think Bucky's metal arm is that above(if above at all) Luke's strength. Heck just comparing it with Luke's JJ feats:
* Crack concrete with a punch? Luke's done it with his foot
* Punch through a wall? Luke's topped that by punching through one and pulling Jessica through it.
* Dent elevator door? Cage caused the engine of a bus to cave in with a punch.
* KO Falcon with a toss? Cage tossed one cop into another and KOd them both.
* Swing around a battering ram? Cage tossed those tables at the weedhouse.
There was also the time when he was trying to kill that bus driver and Jessica tried to stop him. She was using her whole body and he casually walked forward, pushing her back

And also, BP's suit didn't give him ultimate protection either. On a beleivable side, he was definitely being hurt by Cap's shield throws and blows. After Cap kicked him away you don't see him till the group shot. Then you have him audibly crying out when Bucky grabs him by the throat and he apparently got KTFOd when Wanda threw him through a gangway/jet bridge.

Also do you really think T'challa can take many hits from Cage without the suit.

Honestly, I'd forgotten about some of the JJ feats. He has a few more impressive showings than I remember. He just seemed a lot weaker in comparison to his own series in terms of actual fighting. Like in the bar and weedhouse fights, normal guys were still able to push him around a bit and such, whereas he was effortlessly steamrolling through everyone that got in his way on his own show, and had several instances where he KO'd people with nothing but slaps or taps on the head. I can recall at least 5 instances on Luke Cage where he did that, whereas I can't remember him doing that at any point on Jessica Jones.

And most people agree that Bucky's metal arm and Luke's arms are pretty comparable, based on respective feats.

The big factor really is fighting skill. Luke is obviously a trained fighter, based on the info we are given (him being a trained boxer, Marine, cop and prison fight champion), but we have yet to see him really show just how good he is. He shows skill when taking out some of the human fodder he fights, as well as in the Seagate fights, but that is something any high-end MCU martial artist can also do, even without powers. And he was handicapped in his fight against Diamondback, because of the whole kinetic energy absorbing thing with the suit. Whereas we have seen Black Panther tested against the likes of Winter Soldier and Captain America, so we know he is among the very elites in terms of H2H.

HulkIsHulk
Luke didn't seem struggling during the bar fight and threw them off pretty easily. The weed one is legit low, but even then, Luke had a guy wailing on him but Luke wasn't hurt, and then proceded to break his leg with a tap of his feet before Koing him, and then did break free of the hold too.

Vanguard
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Luke didn't seem struggling during the bar fight and threw them off pretty easily. The weed one is legit low, but even then, Luke had a guy wailing on him but Luke wasn't hurt, and then proceded to break his leg with a tap of his feet before Koing him, and then did break free of the hold too.

Oh zip it. Panther wins smokin'

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Vanguard
Oh zip it. Panther wins smokin' roll eyes (sarcastic) Like that isn't your default reply for every BP thread stick out tongue : P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.