Boruto: Naruto Next Generation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dramatic Gecko
The Official KMC Thread for BORT!

https://dw9to29mmj727.cloudfront.net/promo/2016/5793-SeriesHeader_Boruto_2000x800.jpg

vansonbee
I'm caught up w/ the anime (ep5). So far its slow and boring, compared to Naruto. Boruto barely has any personality of his own, he's pretty much a 2.0 of Naruto. The only thing great about this series is there no emo Sasuke taking up screen time.

Shino the teacher... he should of probably joined the black ops with his bug ability. What a waste of potential for an assassin.

Dark-Kenshin
This series tanked right after Naruto beat Pain and continues to do so.

NewGuy01
Nah, tbh.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by vansonbee
The only thing great about this series is there no emo Sasuke taking up screen time.

Its definitely a benefit.

Originally posted by vansonbee

Shino the teacher... he should of probably joined the black ops with his bug ability. What a waste of potential for an assassin.

Well judging by the end of episode 5 we may see this happen lol XD

Henry_Pym
I'm not really enthralled by the new characters, and just waiting to see what the old cast can do now. I want to see an Anbu Kiba that is jaded after Akumaru died.

NewGuy01
ew

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I'm not really enthralled by the new characters, and just waiting to see what the old cast can do now. I want to see an Anbu Kiba that is jaded after Akumaru died.

You could write some dark ****ing fanfics

Zack Fair
Naruto should've ended when it...ended.

vansonbee
When are we getting to the Ninja exam? Are we half way through the Boruto movie by now in the TV series?

NewGuy01
...no, not even close. We'll be at the very least 25 episodes in before we even get to the Boruto the Movie arc, although I suspect it'll be a lot more than that.

NewGuy01
And the oversexualization of Sarada in the manga intensifies... the **** is this, lol?

Zack Fair
For real?

NewGuy01
A third of the new chapter is just half-dressed Sarada in her bedroom, I kid you not lmao. I don't know if the dialogue is any good, since it's in korean, but this trend that's starting in the manga is kinda weird... Which is a bad sign given that content-wise, the manga doesn't seem to be any good.

wakkawakkawakka
That's gross. With that said it's weird seeing Boruto not be giant spoiled brat even though the movie, Gaiden, and chapter 700 where he was first introduced portray him as such: will all of those events taking places after the point where the series is now.

Also I guess we're just not going to get chaper 700 animated are we?

NewGuy01
Why do you say that? Boruto just started his academy days; 700 is on his last day. It's likely to be animated when we get there...

wakkawakkawakka
Well in the latest Bort episode Hinata went full "Good Wife" which doesn't help when Naruto has the power to be at two places at once.

Also on the manga side, the Sarada scenes are skeezy but Boruto is getting on my nerves a lot less so there is that.

Antonio94
Personally I don't think Masashi Kishimoto wants to continue this series. It's probably due to the fame of Naruto and how it can generate viewers (not as much as in the past though) and so publisher wants to continue it. I mean there must be some reason why Kishimoto is just a supervisor this time, not a direct author.

Dramatic Gecko
Hey this episode actually pushed the plot forward. About bloody time.

NewGuy01
Yep. It's totally Sumire, though.

wakkawakkawakka
Well as of this point of Naruto GT, it looks like the show is finally going to animate the Gaiden and Chp 700 was sort of covered

The show also asks the question " Is Housewife Temari or Ramen-eating Champion Hinata the more bizarre occurence?

NewGuy01
Champion Hinata is definitely more bizarre.

wakkawakkawakka
On this rendition of Naruto GT, Uchiha Maury is well underway with Sarada meeting Sasuke and ChoCho beign ChoCho in all of its animated glory.

Also the Boruto manga has its own (not)Akatsuki introduced recently.

NewGuy01
Poster for the upcoming movie rehash arc out, third Otsutsuki from the Kaguya filler is confirmed for an appearance:

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1512713511106.jpg

Raditz looks almost disappointingly generic, but I'm still excited for the new content.

wakkawakkawakka
So Naruto GT is doing their own version of the Land of Waves arc.

Also Considering what happens to him in Boruto, I think it would've been best that Aoi would have just been left alone with having his death remain due to the Juubi attack

If you couldn't tell already I'm bumping this because I'm really bored

NewGuy01
Bro, the Boruto crew's "Land of the Waves" was back in their academy days. They're in their "Akatsuki" arc at this point.

wakkawakkawakka
By "academy days" you mean pre-Boruto movie right? Admittedly I tuned out that stuff as I always figured the start of Boruto's story was the movie.

It also shows how the (not)Akatsuki are completely forgettable right now.

NewGuy01
So I guess this last episode of the anime opens some questions for me...

When Urashiki was talking to Toneri, he said he was from "the main family." I guess this just means he's from the original Otsutsuki clan that Kaguya was from, but it could also be referring to the main family that was wiped out by the branch family in the LAST backstory.

Also, assuming that the former is the case, why does Urashiki consider Toneri as a fellow clansmen, but not Naruto/Sasuke? Toneri should be a descendent of Hamura just like Naruto/Sasuke are descendants of Hagoromo, and yet they're classified differently. Come to think of it, I had thought the Hyuuga and the Otsutuski(moon) were like the Uchiha and the Senju, but I guess we should start seriously considering why the Otsutsuki(moon) are so much more alien-like despite having a mutual ancestor. Is it due to inbreeding, or could there perhaps be more of a relationship between the Otsutsuki clan and the Otsutsuki(moon) clan than we know?

NewGuy01
Upon re-inspection, apparently it says in the Fourth Databook that Kaguya actually brought the Otsutsuki clan to earth, and it was them that Hamura took to the moon, rather than his descendants? That makes literally no sense with regards to the story, but it is consistent with this episode...?

wakkawakkawakka
At this point in the series, Boruto seems more like an extensive "where are they now?" for the Naruto cast especially now that they're recapping the Boruto movie: this additional content just kind of seems to reinforce even with extra exposure to the new generation.

NewGuy01
Easily the best episode so far today. It's a recap, but was a massive improvement from the movie's final fight. Even the animation looked much better in places.

Momoshiki was actually a boss this time around, although it honestly doesn't make much sense with his portrayal up until now. He supposedly has never had to work hard for strength, but can use gentle fist and some crazy mixed martial arts skills in this episode. He also went from being in awe of the the "ridiculously huge" Nine Tails's chakra to being Juubidara level after eating his henchman Kinshiki. Welp, it was cool anyways.

Sasuke was a beast too. Amenotejikara went from being a slightly improved substitution jutsu to being his trump card in this episode. Dude was doing shit like restraining Momoshiki in his own chains and swapping ninjutsu. Also, both Momoshiki and Sasuke using Six Paths Jutsu, which was a nice change of pace. Some of Naruto and Sasuke's Storm 4 combos were there, too.

Also, looks like Boruto's vanishing rasengan is lightning release. i.e literally the jutsu that Kakashi failed to complete.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Also, looks like Boruto's vanishing rasengan is lightning release. i.e literally the jutsu that Kakashi failed to complete.
That made me laugh more than I thought I would when it was revealed.

Naruto and Sasuke actually having to put effort into Momoshiki was funny though "Happy Sasuke" is still weird.

NewGuy01
Momoshiki VS Madara is now a legitimate question. He'd still be out of his depth against Kaguya though.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Naruto and Sasuke never actually beat Juubidara...and they could actually use ninjustu against him.

As far as the threat Kaguya feared, could it had possibly been the Otsutski clan in general. Momoshiki, as impressive as this new fight was, didn't really do anything that Kaguya couldn't match in raw power.

NewGuy01
The fact that ninjutsu can't be used against Momoshiki is part of his strength, though. The same rules would apply to Madara. Also, while I agree that Kaguya's fear was more "the Otsutsuki clan" coming for her than it was Momoshiki specifically, the Kaguya filler arc does suggest that Momoshiki, Kinshiki, and Urashiki were the ones she suspected would come. And while I also agree that Momoshiki is no Kaguya, I don't think her fear would be unreasonable in that case either.

When you think about it, those three are an incredibly dangerous foe for her, even though they're individually pretty pathetic by comparison. Taking Momoshiki for example, while he was only really on par with Gaara and Darui in terms of physical combat, he possesses the extremely dangerous ability to steal any and all ninjutsu used against him. Of course, on his own Kaguya could defeat him easily by simply not using ninjutsu and crushing him in close quarters, but then there's Kinshiki, who is basically the opposite. Kinshiki has no answer whatsoever to ninjutsu, and was essentially defeated by a combination attack by Kurotsuchi and Chojuro, but I think it's really underestimated how overwhelming of a force he is in physical combat. In the novel it's made clear that Kinshiki has this OP strength-enhancing jutsu that makes him almost impossible to approach, to the point where Sasuke basically ruled taijutsu out as an effective way of fighting him. And there's the crux of it--Kaguya could also defeat him easily by avoiding close quarters combat and attacking with ninjutsu, but then there's Momoshiki to worry about. Fighting the two of them at once creates this situation where both ninjutsu and taijutsu are out of the question. They're like Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls, individually very weak (see the "Old Dragonslayer" boss in DS2), but as a team they're devastatingly effective. The reason that Momoshiki and Kinshiki lost against Boruto and the gang is because they came in numbers (Naruto, Sasuke, Five Kage, and Boruto), and managed to divide and conquer. I think this is why Kaguya created the White Zetsu army, since while they're fodder, they could be used as diversions to isolate her individual opponents and deal with them accordingly. But back to the topic at hand, even if Kaguya could deal with Momoshiki and Kinshiki by way of her sheer overwhelming power (which may be a stretch, considering that those two can temporarily amplify their power with pills as needed), she could still get tripped up the wildcard in the room, Urashiki. In a sense, he's the most dangerous facet of this for Kaguya, even though (as far as we know) he's by far the weakest of the gang. He can use Yomotsu Hirasaka, which would serve to prevent Kaguya from BFR'ing either of the other two combatants like she did Sasuke. He can directly steal her chakra regardless of the battle strategy she chooses. He can counter her genjutsu options with his own Rinne Sharingan. And, most importantly, he possesses a time-space based sealing jutsu that is powerful enough to put her down for good, despite her immortality. If you still think it's infeasible that three much weaker characters could manage to defeat Kaguya, I'd just like to remind you that it's happened to her twice already. Oh, and I suppose if Momoshiki were to devour both Kinshiki and Urashiki, he might have gained powers comparable to Kaguya's.

DarthSkywalker0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8B2_SWg_cs&t=0s

NewGuy01
That was actually a pretty cool breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That was actually a pretty cool breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

Thx

wakkawakkawakka
Iirc Naruto and Sasuke were still able to use some ninjutsu against Madara just thatbit didn't do much due to his upgrade in durability. Though Momoshiki's ability to not only buff himself from the ninjustu he absorbs but to release a stronger version of said ninjutsu makes for a more prominent handicapp.

Admittedly I forgot about the addition of Urashiki in this initial analysis and had figured that Kinshiki and Momoshiki would run into the same problem Naruto and friends ran into as far as not being able to kill her.

NewGuy01
I keant that Madara wouldnt be able to use ninjutsu against Momoshiki either. Also, not confident about Momoshiki's ability to actually amplify a jutsu cast by someone far stronger than himself. Effectively, at least

wakkawakkawakka
That's a fair assessment givem that we've only really seem Momoshiki absorb low level power of ninjutsu in bulk.

Also (genuinely) happy Sasuke is still weird.

NewGuy01
Not incredibly eventful, but I actually enjoyed this last chapter. Looks like Kawaki's gonna be adopted by the Uzumaki's.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Hinata still looks weird in the Naruto GT manga. I enjoyed this chapter too and though its been going on for over 3 years now, Naruto "being adult" is both fulfilling to see and weird.

Speaking of weird:
H4QHiMTr71g

wakkawakkawakka
Well to whomever cares at this point there is a dub Boruto marathon airing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.