Edifice Rex vs. Franklin Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
-Edifice Rex-
https://s30.postimg.org/ourctqmo1/image.jpg

VS.

-Kid Franklin-
https://s30.postimg.org/4onuuur0h/image.jpg

*Fight takes place on earth 616.

Who wins?

operator616
ER pretty handily, imo.

TethAdamTheRock
Franklin is Much Much Cooler

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
ER pretty handily, imo. Handily, you think? Why so?

operator616
Originally posted by Galan007
Handily, you think? Why so?

because the abstracts confirmed that a battle between them and rex would result in a fate worse than the destruction of the universe.

Galan007
because the abstracts confirmed that a battle between them and rex would result in a fate worse than the destruction of the universe. They(or rather, the In-Betweener) stated that a battle with Rex might upset the balance of the universe more than Rex's plan would have:
http://i.imgur.com/ODIhV5N.jpg

...Which is doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering Rex's plan was to revert/regress the entire universe back into the cosmic egg from whence it came(effectively erasing it.) ermm

Khazra Reborn
Kid Frank is pretty reluctant to fight anyone, or use his powers at all for that matter. So I think Rex would get him in a moment of hesitation.

Adult Frank on the other hand...

Galan007
Nah, this is a battle. Didn't think I'd have to specify that Franklin and Edifice are willing to fight one another here, but they are. thumb up

operator616
They(or rather, the In-Betweener) stated that a battle with Rex might upset the balance of the universe more than Rex's plan would have:
http://i.imgur.com/ODIhV5N.jpg

...Which is pretty f*cking odd, considering Rex's plan was to revert/regress the entire universe back into the cosmic egg from whence it came(effectively erasing it.) ermm

Well yeah, and the implication was that it was all the abstracts that Rex will battle with. Also the major abstracts seemed horrified when Rex told them of his plans. That pretty much confirms that he's above Franklin who's only Celestial/Galactus tier.

Also, as you probably know, the story was written in a cartoonish manner. So that's why it probably doesn't make much sense.

Galan007
Well yeah, and the implication was that it was all the abstracts that Rex will battle with. Also the major abstracts seemed horrified when Rex told them of his plans. That pretty much confirms that he's above Franklin who's only Celestial/Galactus tier. 'Only' Celestial/Galactus tier still enables Franklin to create universes whimsically, and it was even implied that he was acting in a multiversal capacity at the end of Secret Wars.

Indeed Rex could very well be more powerful than Franklin, but I don't know if I agree that it would be 'easy' or whathaveyou. srug

Also, as you probably know, the story was written in a cartoonish manner. So that's why it probably doesn't make much sense. Lol, yeah. Damage Control was extremely stupid in hindsight, but it'd still be awesome to see Edifice Rex pop-up again at some point... Hell, Ewing's 'Ultimates' series would be the perfect platfrom to introduce him to the general readers, imo. thumb up

operator616
'Only' Celestial/Galactus tier still enables Franklin to create universes whimsically, and it was even implied that he was acting in a multiversal capacity at the end of Secret Wars.

Indeed Rex could very well be more powerful than Franklin, but I don't know if I agree that it would be 'easy' or whathaveyou. srug

Perhaps, but in this case we have a direct comparison. Franklin is established to be Celestial/Galactus tier, while Rex is abstract tier.

Lol, yeah. Damage Control was extremely stupid in hindsight, but it'd still be awesome to see Edifice Rex pop-up again at some point... Hell, Ewing's 'Ultimates' series would be the perfect platfrom to introduce him to the general readers, imo. thumb up

Ultimates does have a more serious tone to it, though. so im no so sure

Prof. T.C McAbe
Perhaps, but in this case we have a direct comparison. Franklin is established to be Celestial/Galactus tier, while Rex is abstract tier.

Ultimates does have a more serious tone to it, though. so im no so sure

I always though that Galactus is the Equal of the Abstracts. Not a concept like them but from a power point of view.

TethAdamTheRock
^ He would of beat the cancerverse

Galan007
Franklin is established to be Celestial/Galactus tier, while Rex is abstract tier. Regardless of his *tier*, Franklin can still preform abstract-level *feats*.

That's what matters here. thumb up

TethAdamTheRock
Is there a Franklin respect thread?

operator616
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I always though that Galactus is the Equal of the Abstracts. Not a concept like them but from a power point of view.

He isn't. His standing in the hierarchy is a bit fluctuating throughout the years. He was first established to be the third force between Eternity/Death just like Inbetweener is for Chaos/Order, later on his role got retconned into keeping Abraxas in check. Regarding his power level, it's been established several times that he's below abstracts. When Maelstrom usurped the role of the anomaly of the universe, he was stated to be above Galactus power-wise in the cosmic hierarchy. More-so, when the m-bodies were introduced, the fractal beings explicitly stated that they first "trained" on "finite beings" such as Galactus before supplying their m-bodies to the trans-finite abstract beings. Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity were established to be the four most powerful. We also have cube beings (which is the tier were Galactus mostly resides, most of the times he's actually below cube level) were stated to be directly below Eternity, and in the cancerverse instance, we have Death casually handing MAO as well as the galactus engine who was holding his own against several celestial + Galactus. When Thanos had the IG, Galactus was among Eternity's "foot soldiers" before Thanos confronted Eternity himself and established himself as the supreme being of the universe. A recent cosmic hierachy account also had Eternity above Galactus. At most, you'll see certain instances where Galactus is "treated" on par with the abstracts, but his power level isn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.