Why Snoke Should Be Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
When the speculation that Snoke could be Darth Plagueis, I immediately opposed the idea without much thought. The theory grew on me over the months, and by now, I support Snoke being Darth Plagueis 100%. The fact of the matter is that Snoke will either be Darth Plagueis or a completely unrelated and original dark-side entity. The issue with the latter is, obviously, the lack of connection with the core Star Wars storyline. By separating Snoke from the original six films, in my opinion, he instantly becomes a less relevant character that the likes of Darth Vader and the Emperor. With figures like Palpatine, we can see their impact across every Star Wars film, even after their death. If Snoke just begins and ends within the constraints of the sequel trilogy, his impact is significantly decreased. It would be virtually impossible to present Snoke as a villain on par with the Emperor, which they have to do in order to make the plot compelling. If Snoke is less powerful, the audience is going to go, "well, we already beat the #1... how hard can the #2 be?" If he's more powerful, that damages the legacy and achievements of the Emperor, who is the primary antagonist of the first six films. Balancing them as equals is incredibly difficult, but could be accomplished amazingly if Snoke is made Darth Plagueis.

Immediately then, Snoke would be an extremely important character. Secondly, his power and threat would be instantly established. Snoke: the master of the Emperor and the creator of Anakin Skywalker. The fact he taught Palpatine makes the audience know he's obviously an immensely powerful character, but given Palpatine already defeated Snoke, Palpatine's legacy is also solidfed. Assuming Snoke has grown in power since then, the overall verdict on who is more powerful is left ambigious and rightfully so. For the plot, having a villain that essentially created the Skywalker family would be a great way to end the trilogy, and could lead to some epic scenes between him and his descendants: the Skywalkers. Also, Snoke being Darth Plagueis would be a ripe opportunity to make him a tragic character, thus separating him from the absolute evil that is the Emperor.

Hypothetical: Darth Plagueis, on the brisk of death due to the betrayal of Sheev Palpatine, revives himself via midichlorian manipulation, abandons the Sith philosophy due to his defeat and injuries, and then goes out into the Unknown Regions in search of a new understanding of the Force. When Ben Solo becomes active, Snoke finally has his chance to manipulate the Skywalker family, who maybe he even sees as his own family - a chance that was robbed from him due to the Emperor. Whatever the case, Snoke would be tied to the Skywalker family in a way as profoundly as the Emperor was if he is Darth Plagueis, which would be a great thing for the story. Again, making Snoke a generic dark-side villain is not the way to go. All the Star Wars storylines and characters should and must be connected. Darth Plagueis all the way.

Zenwolf
Well given that the ST is suppose to be moving away from the 6 films and bring in new characters, Snoke just being a new character isn't that big of a stretch either.

DarthAnt66
Assuming Rey is the daughter of Luke, most of the "new" characters can all be seen as reflections / linked to older characters.

NewGuy01
Yeah, but like, that would be lame.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Assuming Rey is the daughter of Luke, most of the "new" characters can all be seen as reflections / linked to older characters.

How is Finn linked or a reflection to any of the other previous characters?

We'll see with Rey though.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How is Finn linked or a reflection to any of the other previous characters?

We'll see with Rey though.
That's a lot different. erm Finn is deeply entrenched within the classic Rebel vs Empire storyline.

Snoke being some ancient dark side entity is completely new and has no connection whatsoever.

darthbane77
I still want him to be Vitiate, just to piss all of you people off.

cs_zoltan
As if the uptight Disney c-unts would let anything be tied to the PT.

Zenwolf
That's a lot different. erm Finn is deeply entrenched within the classic Rebel vs Empire storyline.

Snoke being some ancient dark side entity is completely new and has no connection whatsoever.

But it's possible he can be. We shall see however when the time comes.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by darthbane77
I still want him to be Vitiate, just to piss all of you people off.

>when swtorians think their fav is important enough to be in a movie.

Unbowed
I don't give a shit about Palpatine. I want Snoke to be unequivocally more powerful than him, and his achievements overshadowed.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Unbowed
I don't give a shit about Palpatine. I want Snoke to be unequivocally more powerful than him, and his achievements overshadowed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_P6Tmp0CE

Still mad Palpatine destroys Krayt, I see? laughing out loud

SunRazer
lol no You fell for the theory immediately (you even wrote a piece of fanfic about Snoke being Plagueis on a CV PM just a week after the film was released), then deviated slowly.

Snoke could well be Plagueis or an accomplice/alternate apprentice/some other relative of him, I won't deny that.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
lol no You fell for the theory immediately (you even wrote a piece of fanfic about Snoke being Plagueis on a CV PM just a week after the film was released
Pretty sure you got the wrong guy, unless the fanfiction I wrote was intentionally mocking in nature.

relentless1
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
As if the uptight Disney c-unts would let anything be tied to the PT.

the whole balance of the force thing is directly from the PT and will feature heavily in TLJ

NewGuy01
Pretty sure you got the wrong guy, unless the fanfiction I wrote was intentionally mocking in nature.

Nah, my recollection of events is similar lol.

DarthAnt66
*shrugs* Guess I was on spot back then too.

Darth Abonis
He is probably an original character

SunRazer

Nope, I remember clearly. Someone even believed that it was part of the TFA novelization and posted it on the forums and you had to come out to verify that it was your own fan-fiction. smile

DarthAnt66
I genuinely have absolutely no memory of that, lmfao.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah, my recollection of events is similar lol.

TenebrousWay
Disney and the writers don't know who Plagueis is. lmao

DarthAnt66
If they seen ROTS they should, lmfao. Plagueis isn't a Revan or Vitiate.

Plagueis is a central plot device of the fall of the main Star Wars character. thumb up

Trocity
I think he just meant cuz they really haven't touched the PT since the new canon, and it seems have largely tried to pretend it doesn't exist.

NewGuy01
we all know disney doesn't care about the pt ant

DarthAnt66
sad

Darth Thor
I remember Rian Johnson defending the prequels in a tweet to some random attacking then.

So I'm guessing my there will be some prequel connections in this one.

Edit- Here it is:

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1604450/star-wars-rian-johnson-defends-the-prequels-and-he-brings-up-a-good-point

Azronger
On one hand, I fully agree with you. On the other, I just wish they left the character alone

Rockydonovang
That would be awful.

Unbowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_P6Tmp0CE

Still mad Palpatine destroys Krayt, I see? laughing out loud
Exar Kun > Krayt = FOTJ Luke > DE Luke > Sidious. wink

Beniboybling
Snoke won't be Plagueis and Rey won't be Luke's daughter, is my feeling.

The_Tempest

Exar Kun > Krayt = FOTJ Luke > DE Luke > Sidious. wink

You seem upset. We should debate Kun/Sheev.

Selenial
I genuinely have absolutely no memory of that, lmfao.

Ant going full Ben Carson smile

Unbowed
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You seem upset. We should debate Kun/Sheev.
Sure, you go ahead and start getting that list of quotes ready. laughing out loud

The_Tempest
Sure, you go ahead and start getting that list of quotes ready. laughing out loud

In other words: "Not if you're gonna use proof!"

Your fear of me is palpable, but in this case, wise. thumb up

Sinious
It would be virtually impossible to present Snoke as a villain on par with the Emperor, which they have to do in order to make the plot compelling. Stopped reading.

Unbowed
Originally posted by The_Tempest
In other words: "Not if you're gonna use proof!"

Your fear of me is palpable, but in this case, wise. thumb up
What am I saying, you've probably had a word document with them on your desktop for years.

The_Tempest
What am I saying, you've probably had a word document with them on your desktop for years.

Keep it up, bro. You might convince someone you're not afraid.

http://www.speakgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/star-wars-yoda-i-sense-much-fear-in-you-animated-gif.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Unbowed
I am afraid... of someday having 11k posts on a message board worshiping a fictional character.

SunRazer
Really? Thought you were just afraid of the facts.

Unbowed
House of Cards is a shitty show and you're an ******* for liking it.

SunRazer
laughing out loud

You know Carthage had a Bane avatar too, right?

The_Tempest
I am afraid...

I know. You ready to have that debate yet?

DarthAnt66
Tempest, thoughts on thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.