Best Democratic President since WW2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton or Obama, and why? Vote for your #1 favorite in the poll but say who your top three are down below.

|King Joker|
I'm tempted to say Obama was the best. Passing the ACA that covered millions of people, turning the economy around after the Great Recession and bringing down the unemployment rate to 4-ish% with a 75-month streak of job growth, promoting LGBT rights and good climate policies, normalizing relations with Cuba, the Iran deal, etc. He accomplished a lot of great things during his presidency, and the fact that he did it all after inheriting the presidency from such a trash administration is impressive. He wasn't perfect obviously, particularly with foreign policy and maybe being a little too passive in fighting for certain policies, and even some of the positive things I mentioned had downsides and aren't completely cut-and-dry in favor of Obama, but I think Obama was largely a pretty good President. I'd say he at least holds his own against Clinton, Johnson and Kennedy.

aalyasecura95
definitely obama no contest. he was the first black president and brought many changes like gay marriage and obamacare. he also signed many laws regarding global warming. not to mention that his policies got us out of the recession which the republicans left him. that dumbass trump is not fit to sit in the same whitehouse that obama did.

Firefly218
And not to mention, Obama accomplished a fair amount facing unprecedented obstruction from a Republican congress.

|King Joker|
thumb up

Kurk
They're all pretty sh1tty tbh. I voted Truman mainly because he continued FDR's new deal policies and launched the Marshall plan.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
They're all pretty sh1tty tbh. lmao

kevdude
Yeah they are all pretty crapy presidents. Best was probably Kennedy. Obama and Clinton was the worst. One created the housing crisis, and one created a healthcare crisis for the nation. Terrible party all around. People keep getting sucked into their bs, with saying they'll give you something for 'free' I guess is how they stay alive. Fast road to Venezuela, smh,.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kurk
They're all pretty sh1tty tbh.

Yes, they were, except Clinton if you overlook his sex-scandal.

I voted Clinton.

Kennedy? Nope. Truman? Nope. Obama? One of the worst presidents in the last 100 years. Johnson? Super bad. Carter? Absurdly ineffective. So we are left with Clinton. Did decently. Better than most GOP presidents in the last 100 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.