Piccolo in DBS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
To be honest, I would really have liked to be able to use Piccolo as a metric through which to measure Final Form Frost in DBS. However--and I know that this seems impossible--Piccolo's power is sadly even more inconsistent than the rest of Super's cast. I mean, what the hell is even up with him?

Back during the Android Saga, after fusing with Kami, Piccolo was (at least initially) more than a match for the Super Saiyans. By the time the Buu saga came around, he fell behind again, and he became more relative to the base Saiyans than the Super Saiyans.

However, at the start of Super, he hits an all time low. He gets absolutely trounced by Tagoma, who in turn is contended with by base Gohan and easily defeated by SSJ Gohan... Who is almost undeniably the weakest he's ever been since before the Cell saga.

I mean, if you look at Dabura, who was supposed to be in Cell's ballpark... He still clearly had the upper hand over a rusty SSJ Gohan who could go SSJ2... Tagoma would have to be a ways below Cell if he was so easily defeated by a Gohan who could barely sustain SSJ1. Someone like that shouldn't have been able to so easily defeat Piccolo, who should have not only been Android saga SSJ level, but several years of training beyond that. What gives?

That in itself was bad enough, but the recent episodes pose an entirely new problem: Suddenly, Piccolo has the upper hand on a stronger Gohan... in SSJ2. He attributes this to the fact that he's been training since the Buu saga... it's like he forgot his epic fail just a couple months earlier. laughing out loud

Super, pls stop already. topkek.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NewGuy01
By the time the Buu saga came around, he fell behind again, and he became more relative to the base Saiyans than the Super Saiyans.

He's had his best regen feat in the Buu saga.

Anyway, good post, you're right that he fluctuates a lot... I have no words on what is happening with power levels in DBS.

NewGuy01
By "fell behind," I meant in comparison to the Saiyans. The only time he literally seemed to have gotten weaker is RoF.

Inedian
He should just become one with Namekian Dragon and again become relevant for some time smile

carver9
Tagoma was said to be as powerful as mystic Gohan, so him defeating Piccolo during that instance is plausible. Piccolo has been training since then. Everything seems consistent imo.

StiltmanFTW
By "fell behind," I meant in comparison to the Saiyans. The only time he literally seemed to have gotten weaker is RoF.

Ah, okay.

Kento
Originally posted by carver9
Tagoma was said to be as powerful as mystic Gohan, And is then taken out by a weaker Gohan who is not even close to his mystic self in power... so yea Tagoma was far from even Super Buu in power. Gotenks could have beaten him but plot device as it is, made Gotenks somehow not get there for half an hour. Even though they didn't even fuse before leaving, and we know Gotenks can travel the planet at least a half dozen times in half hour at ssj.

cdtm
It's almost like Carver's trying to boost the self esteem of all stopped watch's and clock's.

"So what if we're only wrong twice a day, son. At least we're not Carver!"

cdtm
Anyways, I kind of wish they'd have Vegeta fight Mystic Gohan first, instead of Goku.

Goku fought his son,Trunks, first. And now that Gohan's behind him in the hierarchy, he should get to show off a bit, because with his luck it's not gonna last and he'll be dropped down to "Above everyone not a Saiyan, a Saiyan's rival from another universe, a namek, or an android" status soon.

NewGuy01
Tagoma was said to be as powerful as mystic Gohan, so him defeating Piccolo during that instance is plausible. Piccolo has been training since then. Everything seems consistent imo.

Gohan did say that Tagoma might have been as strong as himself at full power, but then he proceeded to get insta-stomped by a Gohan who wasn't at full power, so that theory hardly stands up.

Kento
That would involve Vegeta interacting with anyone that isn't his son or Goku.

carver9
Originally posted by Kento
And is then taken out by a weaker Gohan who is not even close to his mystic self in power... so yea Tagoma was far from even Super Buu in power. Gotenks could have beaten him but plot device as it is, made Gotenks somehow not get there for half an hour. Even though they didn't even fuse before leaving, and we know Gotenks can travel the planet at least a half dozen times in half hour at ssj.

When was he taken out by Gohan? He was pushed back and before this, he was treating the team like fodder. Also, he didn't beat Tacoma, he defeated Ginyu. Remember, Ginyu doesn't know how to use a new body when he jumps into it. A prime example of this is when he jumped into Goku body. He didn't know how to tap into that power.

Lol, Goku hit him in the nuts. Lol, you might as well say Gotenks can be super Saiyan Blue Goku if nut shots is a defeat. I got hit in the balls by a 2 yr old and fell to my knees. That scene is freaking obvious unless you're not a man.

carver9
Gohan did say that Tagoma might have been as strong as himself at full power, but then he proceeded to get insta-stomped by a Gohan who wasn't at full power, so that theory hardly stands up.

He stomped Ginyu, not T. Two different people. Especially with us knowing he doesn't know how to use a body to its full potential, let alone half of it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, it was stated that Ginyu!Tagoma was even stronger, iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, it was stated that Ginyu!Tagoma was even stronger, iirc.

Yeah.

carver9
Dont remember that

Kento
When was he taken out by Gohan? He was pushed back and before this, he was treating the team like fodder. Also, he didn't beat Tacoma, he defeated Ginyu. Remember, Ginyu doesn't know how to use a new body when he jumps into it. A prime example of this is when he jumped into Goku body. He didn't know how to tap into that power.

Lol, Goku hit him in the nuts. Lol, you might as well say Gotenks can be super Saiyan Blue Goku if nut shots is a defeat. I got hit in the balls by a 2 yr old and fell to my knees. That scene is freaking obvious unless you're not a man. Ginyu was stronger. He only couldn't use Gokus power because of heart and mind mumbo jumbo makes Goku powerful. Even Black couldn't fully draw out Gokus abilities. He just kept getting powerful from zenkai boosts.

He was able to dodge everyone else with ease but not Gotenks. Gag scene or not it wasn't a surprise attack. And what allowed Ginyu to take over his body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.