Macron wins French presidential election

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/07/emmanuel-macron-wins-french-presidency-marine-le-pen

Le Pen got crushed. smile

Surtur
Let us hope those recently hacked emails show nothing bad.

EDIT: For me personally it'd be more entertaining if they did show something bad.

jaden101
A fascist nationalist v a globalist ex banker.

And the winner is.....

Not France

Kurk
Guess it'll take a few more terrorist attacks before the French people wake up for good.

Kurk
Honestly though idgaf either way. A centrist is better than a commie smile

ArtificialGlory
Good.

|King Joker|
All the Pepes on Twitter are exploding, lmfao. smile

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by |King Joker|

kek

Emperordmb
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ArtificialGlory
f_GruNNmbKM

Robtard
France choose the wiser of the two, they'll lord this over the US' head with their French smugness. Good on them though.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
A fascist nationalist v a globalist ex banker.

And the winner is.....

Not France

Lol yeah, and the sad thing is the outcome of this election will be incorrectly praised as some sort of proxy victory over Donald Trump. No doubt it will also give France the very false notion they are superior.

Surtur

Robtard
"Victory for Macron, for France, the EU, & the world.

Defeat to those interfering w/democracy. (But the media says I can't talk about that)" H. Clinton 1:32 PM - 7 May 2017

That's what triggered you? You really need a new hobby, sport.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
"Victory for Macron, for France, the EU, & the world.

Defeat to those interfering w/democracy. (But the media says I can't talk about that)" H. Clinton 1:32 PM - 7 May 2017

That's what triggered you? You really need a new hobby, sport.

Not triggered, just laughing at Hilary and her attempts to shift blame whenever she can.

Robtard
Like painting maybe? Supposed to be relaxing/cathartic.

edit: Never mind, with your Hilary obsession you'd only paint pictures of Clinton thereby #triggering yourself even further.

Emperordmb
Maybe you should get a new hobby aside from being obsessed with the posts of Surtur.

Robtard
Oh man, you totes got me.

Surtur
Like painting maybe? Supposed to be relaxing/cathartic.

edit: Never mind, with your Hilary obsession you'd only paint pictures of Clinton thereby #triggering yourself even further.

I'm not obsessed with her, she seems to just refuse to go away. Oh and your "calm down bro" tactic was a nice touch.

I wonder now if you are sadly going to spend the next few pages of the thread trying to argue with me over if I am obsessed with Hilary or not. That seems like something you would do.

Emperordmb
No I'm serious. If you think he's so pathetic and wasting his time on this shit, why do you waste so much time starting several-post long *****-fests to try and call him out on it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not obsessed with her, she seems to just refuse to go away. Oh and your "calm down bro" tactic was a nice touch.

I wonder now if you are sadly going to spend the next few pages of the thread trying to argue with me over if I am obsessed with Hilary or not. That seems like something you would do.

1) She does refuse to go away, correct

2) Your obsession with her only helps her not going away

see now?

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
No I'm serious. If you think he's so pathetic and wasting his time on this shit, why do you waste so much time starting several-post long *****-fests to try and call him out on it?

You will note that despite the time he spends on this stuff he still manages to feel he is superior to me(and others) for spending time on SJW articles/videos.

Robtard

So was I, I was totes serious

Robtard
You will note that despite the time he spends on this stuff he still manages to feel he is superior to me(and others) for spending time on SJW articles/videos.

LolZ. When did I say I was "superior" to you? Sounds like a personal problem you're having here with your self-image/self-worth, sport.

Surtur
1) She does refuse to go away, correct

2) Your obsession with her only helps her not going away

see now?

So again, not obsessed. On top of that if I thought that if I stopped paying attention to stories about her it would make her go away then I would stop immediately.

But the truth is the media is not going to go "Surtur is no longer paying attention, it's finally time to move on".

Surtur
LolZ. When did I say I was "superior" to you? Sounds like a personal problem you're having here with your self-image/self-worth, sport.

What is it you and Bash always say to me about certain things? "You didn't say it, but you implied it".

Before you ask: No, I am not going to go hunt down every instance that you behaved smugly, because if you think you do not behave this way there is not a single thing I could show you to change your mind.

Robtard
So again, not obsessed. On top of that if I thought that if I stopped paying attention to stories about her it would make her go away then I would stop immediately.

But the truth is the media is not going to go "Surtur is no longer paying attention, it's finally time to move on".

Case in point: You've turned a "Macron Wins French Presidential Election" thread into some nonsense about Hillary Clinton. You do this many a time.

Which is very odd considering you're supposed to be the guy who can't stand Clinton and wants her to just go away.

Robtard
What is it you and Bash always say to me about certain things? "You didn't say it, but you implied it".

Before you ask: No, I am not going to go hunt down every instance that you behaved smugly, because if you think you do not behave this way there is not a single thing I could show you to change your mind.

IOW: Surtur gets to arbitrarily decide when implied meaning counts and when it doesn't

Adam_PoE

Tell us all how you are a liberal again, while you take conservative stances on every issue.

Surtur
Case in point: You've turned a "Macron Wins French Presidential Election" thread into some nonsense about Hillary Clinton. You do this many a time.

Which is very odd considering you're supposed to be the guy who can't stand Clinton and wants her to just go away.

It's not so odd, since I flat out said I would continue to discuss her until she did go away.

Anyways, I didn't turn this thread into anything. Or rather, I certainly didn't do it alone. I posted a story that at least had something to do with the election. It was you who decided to come back with "you're triggered" and "you're obsessed".

Surtur
IOW: Surtur gets to arbitrarily decide when implied meaning counts and when it doesn't

Irony overload.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Tell us all how you are a liberal again, while you take conservative stances on every issue.
What issues do I take conservative stances on aside from abortion?

Robtard
It's not so odd, since I flat out said I would continue to discuss her until she did go away.

Anyways, I didn't turn this thread into anything. Or rather, I certainly didn't do it alone. I posted a story that at least had something to do with the election. It was you who decided to come back with "you're triggered" and "you're obsessed".

Um, who was the person to make this thread about Clinton?

It was you, sport.

Surtur
I don't even know what the response he quoted even has to do with whether you are liberal or not.

Surtur
Um, who was the person to make this thread about Clinton?

It was you, sport.

I made a post that at least had something to do with the French Election. You responded with...nothing that had to do with the French election.

Robtard
My response post had as much to do, which is the point. But you go on playing the victim again, you're good at that thumb up

Silent Master
One can argue that Clinton did when she decided to use the election as an excuse to cry and whine about how she lost to an orangutan.

Emperordmb
Seems Adam doesn't have an answer for me. He sees me being pro-life (one issue) and holding a contempt for SJWs (for the quite frankly illiberal ideology they hold and spread, and the damage they do to the left's reputation and policy) and assumes I must be a conservative.

Robtard
He's logged out, so maybe hold the victory parade for a bit?

Emperordmb
He uses invisible mode, impossible to know whether he is or isn't logged out.

I can't wait to hear about how I'm wrong about what my political identity is though.

Adam_PoE

You know we can see your posts in this thread, right? Take a look at what you are defending here, and then tell us all how liberal you are again.

Adam_PoE
He's logged out, so maybe hold the victory parade for a bit?

https://www.viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/meme/2014/06/GIF-Win-FAIL.gif

Adam_PoE
Seems Adam doesn't have an answer for me. He sees me being pro-life (one issue) and holding a contempt for SJWs (for the quite frankly illiberal ideology they hold and spread, and the damage they do to the left's reputation and policy) and assumes I must be a conservative.

No, I see you using the label "liberal" as a shield to deflect criticism for your regressive views from actual liberals.

"You cannot call me a closed-minded bigot for being against abortion, Feminism, fill-in-the-blank, because I am a liberal!"

Meanwhile, you jump to the defense of every backwards, regressive thing Sutur commits to a post.

Nobody is buying what you are selling.

Emperordmb
You know we can see your posts in this thread, right? Take a look at what you are defending here, and then tell us all how liberal you are again.
My posts on this thread?! What political stance do you see me taking here?

My disdain for constantly seeing Robtard start the same arguments with Surtur over and over again every time he posts has nothing to do with my stances on the French elections or Hillary Clinton. I don't like Clinton for the record, I think she's ****ing awful, but I still would've preferred her to Trump and actually sprinted two miles just to vote before the voting booth closed.

And I never claimed to be far left, I'm moderately left wing.

Let's run through my stances.

Abortion: conservative- I don't think a woman's right to choose extends to terminating the existence of a human life she is responsible for the condition of quite frankly. I do think the man should have to pay child support since they should both take responsibility for their actions, but I find it a weird double standard.

Affirmative action: conservative- I view affirmative action as racist and oppose it, and so should anyone who claims to stand against racism.

Criminal Justice: liberal- I believe the criminal justice system should be more focused around punishment than rehabilitation, and I believe privately owned prisons should be abolished since profiting off of human imprisonment is unethical and creates a lobby for harsher sentences and more laws interfering negatively in people's social lives.

Death Penalty: Liberal- I oppose the death penalty. It's revenge and not justice, robs people of the opportunity for personal growth, atonement, and redemption, etc. My only slight trepidation on this is pondering if the death penalty is truly crueler than a life sentence.

Drugs: liberal- I support the legalization of marijuana (and psychedelics for that matter) and think laws based around drugs should be revised to be less draconian and more focused around rehabilitation than punishment.

Economics/Welfare/Healthcare: Centrist- I'm generally a centrist. I believe in the free market and that capitalism makes the economy run more smoothly, however I believe in progressive income taxes, and don't believe our system should leave behind those that fail to find success, particularly the children of those people. Healthcare in the case of necessary life threatening medical procedures should be available to all, and it should be more affordable and available.

Education: Liberal- I think more funding should go into education, and I believe steps should be taken to ensure higher education is more affordable and available. I believe much more in the principle of equality of opportunity than equality of outcome, and while I generally don't take claims of inequality and privilege that seriously, I recognize that its very serious when referring to the economic class one is born in, and think making education a more available opportunity would be a force for equalizing opportunity and leading to a generally more well-informed and intelligent society and workforce.

Energy: Liberal- I think more money should be put into developing alternative cleaner sources of energy.

Environment: Liberal- I believe global warming is a thing and that environmental regulation to protect our environment and planet is necessary.

Foreign policy/war and peace: Conservative- I believe the US has an obligation to use its strength as a world power for the greater good in global affairs when necessary, and that it is important that the US remain the dominant world power. At the same time I think US interventionism certainly goes too far quite a bit, such as in the Iraq war.

Government reform: Liberal- I believe the electoral college is outdated and should be abolished, the influence of lobbyists in government should be cut, and the influence of money in elections should also be limited. And yes voter registration should be easier.

Gun control: Centrist- I don't believe guns or groups of guns should be banned, but I absolutely support increased and universal background checks.

Homeland security: Liberal- I generally don't have a favorable view of the patriot act and believe that out of fear following 9/11 we sacrificed too many of our freedoms in the name of security.

Immigration: Centrist- I think the immigration process should be made easier. I think Trump's wall is retarded. I don't support illegal immigration or the idea that illegal immigrants should be given amnesty or government aid. And I support our pre-Trump level of scrutiny when dealing with immigrants from countries with risk of terrorism, have found our screening effective, don't think we need to tighten things up with a travel ban which would be cruel to the refugees, but also don't think our immigration policy should take after the one adopted by most of Europe because that clearly isn't doing them any favors.

Religion: Centrist- I think religion should stay out of government and the public sector and shouldn't interfere with the government, but also that the government shouldn't interfere with religious liberty in the private sector, if a religious bakery doesn't want to cater to a gay wedding that's not the government's business.

Same sex marriage: Liberal- I fully support same sex marriage, and LGBT right in general.

Terrorism: Conservative- Islamic terrorism is much more the fault of ideological opposition to western values than as a response to US foreign policy. Case in point: Europe.

Current administration: Liberal- I don't like Trump, I voted Hillary as the lesser of two evils, I hold a serious contempt for the Trump administration and think almost his entire cabinet is shit

The only policy position you've actually discussed with me is abortion, and aside from that you've only seen me talk negatively about SJWs, which is due to my belief that SJWs despite being on the left don't uphold and support liberal values, and rather uphold bigoted, controlling, and ideologically contradictory stances, and refuse to have honest and open discussion about certain issues without censorship or the need for buzzwords, and because I think the regressive left does a serious disservice to the left by infecting our policies and making us less palatable to the public, which is I think a huge reason for the overwhelming surge of conservative victories in the US and UK.

Emperordmb
No, I see you using the label "liberal" as a shield to deflect criticism for your regressive views from actual liberals.
What regressive views do you think I hold (aside from abortion which I disagree with as being regressive)?

"You cannot call me a closed-minded bigot for being against abortion, Feminism, fill-in-the-blank, because I am a liberal!"
Do you have any evidence to back up your claim of me being a bigot or viewing black people, women, or LGBT people as inferior? Or are you just calling me a bigot because I don't align with you that well politically?

Meanwhile, you jump to the defense of every backwards, regressive thing Sutur commits to a post.
What backwards regressive things does Surtur post that I jump to the defense of? I generally agree with him on SJWs because almost every article he posts on the SJWs thread showcases how batshit insane they are, and because I think they detract from the left and don't actually contribute to equality, and tend to be hypocritical about equality.

If you've noticed I could care less about standing alongside him when he defends/deflects from Trump because I, believe it or not, do not support Trump at all, and I'm very dissatisfied with his administration.

Nobody is buying what you are selling.
I don't need validation from strangers on the internet, but I find it utterly absurd that you think you can judge my entire political ideology, and make baseless claims about me being a bigot... out of my stance on abortion and my distaste for SJWs. You've seen me post on a very narrow and limited range of issues, so the fact that you think you can discern my political ideology as a whole is rather laughable.

Beniboybling
What a close-minded conservative bigot. eek!

Emperordmb
As a side note, apologies to you Robtard. Though we find disagreement on SJWs and abortion, on the subject of abortion I found I could actually have a reasonable civil discussion with you, and that you were capable of disagreeing with me in a civil manner without calling me a bigot for holding disagreements with you.

I'll leave you and Surtur to your business, and only pipe up in a civil manner when I see an ideological stance I disagree with, and if I ever post in an uncivil manner towards you again please point it out to me. Ever since October I've made it a moral goal of mine to not be a dick to people, and I feel like I've slipped up somewhat from that goal and would like to recommit myself to it.

Beniboybling
Ever since October I've made it a moral goal of mine to not be a dick to people, and I feel like I've slipped up somewhat from that goal understatement of the year no

Emperordmb
Your provocative smileys make it difficult Beni

carthage
Stop making him break his resolution you ableist scum!

Beniboybling
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. sad

Beniboybling
https://www.politicalcompass.org/images/france2017.png
https://www.politicalcompass.org/france2017

Where Macron, Le Pen and the rest fall on the political compass, interesting stuff.

ArtificialGlory
Damn, it's strange just how far-right Macron supposedly is.

Bashar Teg

similar to "i never voted for trump" while aggressively shilling for trump.

|King Joker|
I love how being anti-SJW now invalidates one from being liberal, lmfao. A true testimony on how retarded some on the left are becoming.

Bashar Teg
i guess it all depends on context, doesn't it?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
similar to "i never voted for trump" while aggressively shilling for trump.
Could you point out when I have ever aggressively shilled for Trump?

Bashar Teg
Could you point out when I have ever aggressively shilled for Trump?

i did not accuse you of using that tactic.

Emperordmb
I love how being anti-SJW now invalidates one from being liberal, lmfao. A true testimony on how retarded some on the left are becoming.
thumb up

Emperordmb
i did not accuse you of using that tactic.
Ah fair enough, my apologies then.

I (incorrectly) assumed you were piling on to what Adam said.

Bashar Teg
Ah fair enough, my apologies then.

I (incorrectly) assumed you were piling on to what Adam said.

no problem.

just giving examples of the tactic as i've seen it used by others. my favorite was when TI tried to argue that he was a liberal because he owned a prius.

Emperordmb
TI... a liberal... I'm speechless lol

ArtificialGlory
no problem.

just giving examples of the tactic as i've seen it used by others. my favorite was when TI tried to argue that he was a liberal because he owned a prius.
I wonder if he got that from South Park.

Surtur

My disdain for constantly seeing Robtard start the same arguments with Surtur over and over again every time he posts has nothing to do with my stances on the French elections or Hillary Clinton. I don't like Clinton for the record, I think she's ****ing awful, but I still would've preferred her to Trump and actually sprinted two miles just to vote before the voting booth closed.

This is the insanity we have come to. This person pretty much said that you're not a liberal because you defended me. Ignoring the fact that you didn't really defend me and more wondered why Rob was engaging me, which isn't a defense. It seems once again some on the left feel it's all or nothing. Agree with them on everything or you aren't a liberal.

Truth is I don't think they care about thread derailments/off topic posts. If you saw someone post off topic and you thought they were trying to derail the thread and this bothered you...the best response would be no response at all. That isn't what happens because they thrive on this kind of stuff IMO. So I wish we'd be spared the false indignation some show over this.

Selenial
Affirmative action: conservative- I view affirmative action as racist and oppose it, and so should anyone who claims to stand against racism.

That's... not a conservative stance. That's actual liberalism.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Selenial
Yeah that's true, it's just that the opposite position is more noteworthy as part of the left whereas this is moreso the stance adopted by the right in American politics. I was giving Adam a generous bone in that even if we assumed that wasn't a liberal stance the majority of my stances are liberal.

But that's basically my problem with the regressive ideology of SJWs. In claiming to promote Anti-Racism, they promote legislation and "solutions" to problems that go against the fundamental ideological stances of liberalism.

Surtur
Originally posted by Selenial

It's what liberalism should be, but it is not the form it currently takes. Sort of like how liberalism should be "I might not agree with what you say, but I'll die for your right to say it" but in this day and age an increasing amount of liberals practice the very opposite of that. They want to shut down speech they deem offensive or "hateful".

Emperordmb
Criminal Justice: liberal- I believe the criminal justice system should be more focused around punishment than rehabilitation
**** I meant more focused around rehabilitation than punishment. That's what I get for typing at 2 in the morning.

Robtard
Trump and co must be those new authoritarian liberals then. Remember when he tossed out that Univision reporter because he dared ask questions at a press conference. Robtard remembers.

Emperordmb
Yeah it's kinda weird to me that Trump is somehow a symbol of free speech when he does shit like that and when a white house person mentioned he was considering trying to revise the first amendment.

Surtur
Yeah it's kinda weird to me that Trump is somehow a symbol of free speech when he does shit like that and when a white house person mentioned he was considering trying to revise the first amendment.

Yeah, Trump is overly sensitive. Though it doesn't change the fact a not so small amount of liberals these days are far more sensitive.

Bashar Teg
Yeah, Trump is overly sensitive. Though it doesn't change the fact a not so small amount of liberals these days are far more sensitive.

more deflection from the trump shill in denial.

do you have an empty scrotum or is there just nothing at all down there?

Bashar Teg
Le Cry

http://i.imgur.com/McnDBY7.gif

mmmm delicious.

Surtur
more deflection from the trump shill in denial.

do you have an empty scrotum or is there just nothing at all down there?

Are you too much of a pussy to admit Robtard deflected to Trump first?

But let me guess, that's different because reasons.

ArtificialGlory
Le Cry

http://i.imgur.com/McnDBY7.gif

mmmm delicious.
Aww, Putin's little cuckquean is sad. :-(

Adam_PoE

Sure it doesn't. That's why you're disdain is not directed at the person spewing right-wing garbage all over the forum, but for the person calling him out for it.

And I never claimed to be far left, I'm moderately left wing.

No, you claimed to be liberal, and when confronted, admitted to being a left-leaning centrist, which is a moderate.

Let's run through my stances.

Let's not, since no one asked, and no one cares.

The only policy position you've actually discussed with me is abortion, and aside from that you've only seen me talk negatively about SJWs, which is due to my belief that SJWs despite being on the left don't uphold and support liberal values, and rather uphold bigoted, controlling, and ideologically contradictory stances, and refuse to have honest and open discussion about certain issues without censorship or the need for buzzwords, and because I think the regressive left does a serious disservice to the left by infecting our policies and making us less palatable to the public, which is I think a huge reason for the overwhelming surge of conservative victories in the US and UK.

"SJWs" and "regressive left" are terms of right-wing ideologues. No one even to the right of center is concerned with SJWs. Those who do stand firmly on the right or the far-right.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Aww, Putin's little cuckquean is sad. :-(

imb4 misogyny accusations from career mysogynists

Surtur
imb4 misogyny accusations from career mysogynists

If this is a reference to me I was clearly joking about the outcome of the election being an example of misogyny.

Adam_PoE
Do you have any evidence to back up your claim of me being a bigot or viewing black people, women, or LGBT people as inferior? Or are you just calling me a bigot because I don't align with you that well politically?

Who claimed you are a bigot? If you think the definition of "bigotry" is limited to viewing a minority group as inferior, then perhaps you do not know what "bigotry" means, the same way you do not know what "fairness" means.

I don't need validation from strangers on the internet, but I find it utterly absurd that you think you can judge my entire political ideology, and make baseless claims about me being a bigot... out of my stance on abortion and my distaste for SJWs. You've seen me post on a very narrow and limited range of issues, so the fact that you think you can discern my political ideology as a whole is rather laughable.

Cool story, bro. Tell me more about how you don't need validation from strangers on the Internet, followed by another long-winded post explaining the various political positions you hold, that no one asked for.

Bashar Teg
If this is a reference to me I was clearly joking about the outcome of the election being an example of misogyny.

while you are an obvious suspect, i wasn't thinking about you in particular.

Surtur
while you are an obvious suspect, i wasn't thinking about you in particular.

So wait, who here is a "career misogynist" that apparently routinely calls out other things misogyny?

Bashar Teg
So wait, who here is a "career misogynist" that apparently routinely calls out other things misogyny?

believe it or not, there are others besides you.

here's a hint

Emperordmb
Sure it doesn't. That's why you're disdain is not directed at the person spewing right-wing garbage all over the forum, but for the person calling him out for it.
Because it's pointless bickering that gets tiring to watch over and over and over again, and you are the ones instigating it. The fact that Surtur responds to this shit is irritating as **** too, but he's not the one going out of his way to start it and rant about "pretend victories" and shit.

No, you claimed to be liberal, and when confronted, admitted to being a left-leaning centrist, which is a moderate.
I am a liberal who supports the ideological foundations of liberalism, however I'm simply not as left as you would like me to be. More of a classical liberal than a modern liberal but a liberal nonetheless.

Let's not, since no one asked, and no one cares.
Well you were the one claiming I held right wing stances on every issue as your evidence that I'm right wing. And now that I've provided you a mountain of evidence to the contrary you're electing to ignore it and continuing to try and make me out to be right wing, despite my stances not aligning well with the right or republican party.

"SJWs" and "regressive left" are terms of right-wing ideologues. No one even to the right of center is concerned with SJWs. Those who do stand firmly on the right or the far-right.
So which is it? Am I moderately left wing or am I firmly or far right?

What a retarded and sweeping generalization. There are numerous prominent left-wing figures such as Sam Harris, Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Dave Rubin, and Maajid Nawaz have used the term as well because they view this as a problem within the left, because they are mature human beings capable of criticizing the side of the political compass they fall upon when other people who identify with the left do retarded shit, and I'd expect anyone with an actual interest in supporting the left to be capable of that same self-reflection, because blindly ignoring the faults of certain ideologies that fall on the same side of the political compass as you is retarded.

Likewise, my friend King Joker is firmly left wing, and even he agrees SJWs are retards who say ideologically regressive shit and detract from the policies and political success of the left.

I may get into disagreements with Robtard and Bashar, but I can respect that they don't incorrectly try and diagnose my political opinion for me to try and make a statement.

Adam_PoE
Because it's pointless bickering that gets tiring to watch over and over and over again, and you are the ones instigating it. The fact that Surtur responds to this shit is irritating as **** too, but he's not the one going out of his way to start it and rant about "pretend victories" and shit.

Interesting. Most people would say the instigator is the person eliciting the responses you find so tiresome, and if he posted more responsibly, said responses would go away. But in your mind, the right-wing agitator is the victim of liberal bullies.

I am a liberal who supports the ideological foundations of liberalism, however I'm simply not as left as you would like me to be. More of a classical liberal than a modern liberal but a liberal nonetheless.

A centrist is a moderate, regardless of which side he leans.

Well you were the one claiming I held right wing stances on every issue as your evidence that I'm right wing. And now that I've provided you a mountain of evidence to the contrary you're electing to ignore it and continuing to try and make me out to be right wing, despite my stances not aligning well with the right or republican party.

No, I question whether you are as liberal as you purport to be, and why you find it necessary to qualify your liberalism before taking a conservative position.

So which is it? Am I moderately left wing or am I firmly or far right?

What a retarded and sweeping generalization. There are numerous prominent left-wing figures such as Sam Harris, Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Dave Rubin, and Maajid Nawaz have used the term as well because they view this as a problem within the left, because they are mature human beings capable of criticizing the side of the political compass they fall upon when other people who identify with the left do retarded shit, and I'd expect anyone with an actual interest in supporting the left to be capable of that same self-reflection, because blindly ignoring the faults of certain ideologies that fall on the same side of the political compass as you is retarded.

Likewise, my friend King Joker is firmly left wing, and even he agrees SJWs are retards who say ideologically regressive shit and detract from the policies and political success of the left.

I may get into disagreements with Robtard and Bashar, but I can respect that they don't incorrectly try and diagnose my political opinion for me to try and make a statement.

I think you broadcast your political affiliation to try and score rhetorical points. No one cares what your actual political leanings are. It is only an issue because you bring it up, because you think it adds some value to your argument. I am merely trying to get to the bottom of why you think that is.

Emperordmb
Interesting. Most people would say the instigator is the person eliciting the responses you find so tiresome, and if he posted more responsibly, said responses would go away. But in your mind, the right-wing agitator is the victim of liberal bullies.
As far as I'm concerned yeah, you are the ones instigating this. He's making posts relevant to the SJW threads, actual relevant content to the discussion the topic was made for, and you are the ones subverting it with ***** fests all the time. If I actually paid much attention to the Trump threads and saw you making posts in there and saw him popping up and going "You guys are so obsessed and pathetic" and starting ***** fests with you every time you guys posted he'd be subject to the same scrutiny from me. Granted he may or may not be doing that, I don't know, I don't really pay as much attention to the Trump threads on here.

Also "if he posted more responsibly"? What are you the ****ing thought police? lmfao. Somebody posting a political opinion you happen to disagree with when they are not attacking you personally does not make them an agitator. And I couldn't give a shit if you or him are right wing or left-wing, that doesn't change the nature or ramifications for your behaviors.

A centrist is a moderate, regardless of which side he leans.
Okay then I'm a moderate, I've admitted as much.

No, I question whether you are as liberal as you purport to be, and why you find it necessary to qualify your liberalism before taking a conservative position.
I've only taken one conservative position on this forum (abortion), and one position you construe for some reason as being inherently conservative (anti-SJWism)

I think you broadcast your political affiliation to try and score rhetorical points. No one cares what your actual political leanings are. It is only an issue because you bring it up, because you think it adds some value to your argument. I am merely trying to get to the bottom of why you think that is.
Yes I'm saying this to counteract the ridiculous notion that criticism of regressive parts of the left is a uniquely right wing thing or that it is by necessity an attack of liberalism or the left as a whole. Criticism of SJWs does not automatically make one right-wing or anti-left, and it would be equally ridiculous to suggest you cannot be a conservative and criticize the alt-right, white identitarian movements, or fascist movements.

You for some reason have this idea stuck in your head that only "firmly or extremely right-wing people" criticize SJWs and that every time I criticism I make of them is me taking a conservative stance, which is quite frankly ridiculous because I've given you a slew of prominent figures on the left who criticize the parts of the left they believe to be regressive, because they believe the people with these regressive stances are a detriment to both the left and political discourse as a whole.

I consider myself a man who stands by his principles, and part of what that means is that I am willing and opening to criticizing regressive attitudes and unethical behaviors wherever I see them, even when they fall on the same side of the political spectrum as me, because if I claim to uphold a principle and apply it with a double standard based on whether or not somebody is right-wing or left-wing, then I'm not really upholding that principle.

So when I see members of the regressive left shutting down free speeches on college campuses by trying their best to get conservative speaker's platforms removed, when I see them wrongly labeling figures such as Ben Shapiro, Sargon of Akkad, and ****ing Justin Trudeau of all people as racist sexist bigots with no evidence to back up their assertions, when I see them calling for and supporting diversity quotas that promote equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity and are by nature discriminatory against certain groups of people based on their physical characteristics (and not just white people, Asians have also been unfairly hurt by college admission diversity quotas), when I see professors teaching that all white people are racist and that it's impossible for black people to be racist, when I see one of the BLM founders citing a cop murderer as one of her great sources of inspiration, when I see the Antifa group BAMN using violence to silence their political opponents (and yes BAMN is an organized group whose leaders have stated that violence and militant action are A GOAL of the organization) and websites such as everydayfeminism defend their political violence as necessary... well then you better ****ing believe I am going to stick by my principles and criticize these people just the same way as I would if they were right-wingers, because them being left or right wing does not change the fact that these attitudes and behaviors are wrong.

When I see stances from people on the left such as an excessive use of censorship which stands in opposition to the liberal value of freedom of speech, or stances supporting treating people in a collectivist and unequal way based on what group they happen to fall under rather than their own individual merits (such as affirmative action and diversity quotas that make what group a person belongs to outweigh their own individual merits, or the notion that all white people are racist and black people can't be racist) that stands in opposition to the liberal values of egalitarianism and individualism, arguments that "hate speech" should be illegal that stand in opposition to the liberal values of freedom of speech and liberty, those that actively enact or justify the use of political violence as standing in opposition to the liberal values of freedom of speech and bodily integrity and democracy, I view these left-wingers as holding ideological stances in direct opposition to liberal values, and so I criticize them.

Quite frankly, the fact that you expect me to judge Surtur as the instigator and you as the victims just because he's right wing and you're left wing, or that one cannot criticize regressive attitudes held by people on the left without being a firm or extreme member of the right spewing right wing agitation, basically that if I'm a true liberal I'm supposed to hold people to different standards of judgement based on whether or not they're left wing or right wing strikes me as a rather unprincipled double standard.

Robtard
Are you too much of a pussy to admit Robtard deflected to Trump first?

But let me guess, that's different because reasons.

The first person to mention Trump in this thread was you; on page one in your second post, you sad little clown.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=642408&pagenumber=1

Bashar Teg
laughing out loud

Surtur
The first person to mention Trump in this thread was you; on page one in your second post, you sad little clown.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=642408&pagenumber=1

Yes, and then the discussion moved away from it. So it's still a deflection.

Any other questions or comments?

Bashar Teg
you said that robtard deflected to trump first, bozo. he didn't. you did. get mad.

Surtur
Okay that was my bad on saying he deflected first.

He didn't deflect first, he deflected second.

Robtard
You're having another bad day, sport. I wasn't the second person to mention Trump in here either.

Surtur
You're having another bad day, sport. I wasn't the second person to mention Trump in here either.

Not really, since you did deflect to him. It's irrelevant if you were the 2nd or the 10th, it still happened lol.

Robtard
So when your claims are factually proven incorrect, you cry "irrelevant". Gotcha. Moving on.

Surtur
So when your claims are factually proven incorrect, you cry "irrelevant". Gotcha. Moving on.

Not at all, my point is: you deflected. I was not wrong about that. So whether you did first, second, or 10th it does not change the overall fact you too deflected.

Robtard
Not at all, my point is: you deflected. I was not wrong about that. So whether you did first, second, or 10th it does not change the overall fact you too deflected.

I think this post above clearly illustrates that you do not understand the meaning of 'deflection tactic', considering the fact that I don't like Le Pen and I didn't want her to win(I've made this clear before), so why would I actively "deflect" attention away from her crushing and hilarious loss in the thread about her loss? I wouldn't, sport.

eg every time you've posted a "but Clinton!" post whenever something shitty about Trump was topic as a means to distract away from Trump; that's a deflection tactic

Adam_PoE

BackFire
You know, I seem to remember a couple years ago Ush making a post about how all threads and discussions about SJW's should essentially be closed because the term doesn't actually have a legit and clear meaning outside of demonizing a person that doesn't agree with a certain, generally right wing, point of view. Perhaps such a rule should be implemented again since it seems like half of the threads on this forum are making fun of SJW's, and the other half that aren't directly about them seem to derail into attacks on SJW's anyways.

ArtificialGlory
The term "regressive left" was coined by Maajid Nawaz who could hardly be called far-right. I also think that calling the Democratic party center-left is really quite generous.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by BackFire
You know, I seem to remember a couple years ago Ush making a post about how all threads and discussions about SJW's should essentially be closed because the term doesn't actually have a legit and clear meaning outside of demonizing a person that doesn't agree with a certain, generally right wing, point of view. Perhaps such a rule should be implemented again since it seems like half of the threads on this forum are making fun of SJW's, and the other half that aren't directly about them seem to derail into attacks on SJW's anyways.

http://i.imgur.com/D4ysFmy.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.