Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) vs Asajj Ventress (DR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Anakin as of Attack of the Clones, Ventress as of Dark Rendezvous. All-out fight, to the death, on neutral ground.

Who wins and why?

DarthAnt66
The fight should look like the OCW fight, as far as I'm concerned. Anakin. thumb up

Rockydonovang
Ventress obviously. An inferior version of her already beat knight anakin in the tcw movie

DarthAnt66
Lmfao what. TCW Anakin practically beat Dooku.

Rockydonovang
tcw anakin never beat dooku.

And I'm talking about the tcw movie, where anakin was indeed beaten by ventress and only saved by ahsoka's interference.

DarthAnt66
Oh my bad I must be thinking about a different TCW movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rockydonovang
I hope you are, because otherwise you're wrong.

Anakin never beat dooku, he was overwhelmed in a force contest and then had his bakpack sliced.

And however you'd like to dodge it, ventress did beat anakin:
https://youtu.be/fTgL4-gQRVs?t=1m25s

UCanShootMyNova
Ventress with absolute ease.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Oh my bad I must be thinking about a different TCW movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You must be... That or you're delusional.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I hope you are, because otherwise you're wrong.

Anakin never beat dooku, he was overwhelmed in a force contest and then had his bakpack sliced.

To be fair he disabled her saber staff with physical strikes which left him open to Ventress' Force attack.

Anakin shutting down Ventress that quick is pretty impressive.

Also, the fight ended with Anakin landing a kick on the Count, sending him down a dune.

While Dooku was holding the holoprojector, being a Makashi master fighting with one hand shouldn't be that difficult especially since he'd employ it later against Anakin in the oncoming years.

NTJack0
I don't think Anakin can beat her yet, but he puts up a good fight.

Darth Thor
Lmfao what. TCW Anakin practically beat Dooku.

Well yeah he was portrayed as a neat equal to Dooku already. People seem to ignore this.

Deleted scene ergo not Canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Deleted scenes are canon if they were cut due to time and other similar factors. I don't have the quote but I know somebody here does.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Deleted scenes are canon if they were cut due to time and other similar factors. I don't have the quote but I know somebody here does.

Well aside from the fact that scene can't possibly fit into the final canon product, are you claiming Maul force pinning Sidious is Canon?

In any case it doesn't matter, because Ventress is incapable of fighting as a near equal against Dooku. Ergo Anakin must be holding back when fighting Ventress.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well aside from the fact that scene can't possibly fit into the final canon product, are you claiming Maul force pinning Sidious is Canon?

In any case it doesn't matter, because Ventress is incapable of fighting as a near equal against Dooku. Ergo Anakin must be holding back when fighting Ventress.

Dooku also trained Ventress so he should have a pretty serious advantage when fighting against her.

Rockydonovang

Unless this is canon only(which wouldn't make since given dark rendevous is being used here), this scene appeared in the tcw movie novelization

UCanShootMyNova

Why can't it possible fit into the final canon product?

No, because that doesn't align with previously established power levels in canon ( Sidious choking Dooku from across the Galaxy, Dooku > SoD Maul in power ).

Anakin isn't capable of fighting as a near equal with Dooku but even if he was and Ventress wasn't that comparison can't directly be directly correlated since Dooku is the one training Ventress and would possess a greater understanding of her weaknesses then he would of Anakin's. Hell, I would be surprised if he purposeful implanted weaknesses or made sure she lacked knowledge in some areas so that he could take advantage of such gaps in knowledge if he ever had to put her down.

TenebrousWay
Ventress is vastly inferior in the force and around the same level in sabers. Anakin takes the majority.

Zenwolf
Edit: Oh was thinking of the other one.

Rockydonovang
it's not even necessary to bring up the tcw movie.

How about season 2 Anakin being stalemated if not edged ys season 2 Ventress during the Kamino arc?

Or ventress holding her own vs season 2 anakin+kenobi?

NewGuy01
You say "inferior version," but there isn't a single post-TCW incarnation of Ventress that has outperformed her pre-TCW ones.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You say "inferior version," but there isn't a single post-TCW incarnation of Ventress that has outperformed her pre-TCW ones.
That isn't accurate

Darth Thor
Why can't it possible fit into the final canon product?

Well you tell me where it could possibly fit. She never caught up to Anakin and Ahsoka in the film except when they were on that cliff edge, which was clearly the first time Ahsoka encountered her. They also had to figure out Ventress was there when Rex was mind controlled.

No, because that doesn't align with previously established power levels in canon ( Sidious choking Dooku from across the Galaxy, Dooku > SoD Maul in power ).

Nor does the Ventress vs Anakin and Ahsoka scene. Anakin who in the same film fights as a bear equal to Dooku in Sabers at least, and a clear challenger even in an all out.

Whereas Ventress was never any kind of serious challenge for Dooku on her own.

UCanShootMyNova
Well you tell me where it could possibly fit. She never caught up to Anakin and Ahsoka in the film except when they were on that cliff edge, which was clearly the first time Ahsoka encountered her. They also had to figure out Ventress was there when Rex was mind controlled.

Nor does the Ventress vs Anakin and Ahsoka scene. Anakin who in the same film fights as a bear equal to Dooku in Sabers at least, and a clear challenger even in an all out.

Whereas Ventress was never any kind of serious challenge for Dooku on her own.

I don't know, but since it was a fully animated and edited scene with dialogue written for it and voice actors having done multiple recordings, I assume they fit it in somewhere.

Or maybe your perceived inconsistency is just you overrating Anakin's performance against Dooku and not acknowledging the other factors that would have like effected a duel between Ventress and Dooku.

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure no quote says this.

UCanShootMyNova
Pretty sure it does. Something similar anyways.

DarthAnt66
Never seen it before, and I imagine I would have if it was real.

Rockydonovang
canon, season 2 knight anakin was stalemated by season 2 Ventress in a fight flip which had Ventress flipping him with a kick and blasting right through his barrier.

Canon Ventress held her own vs both Anakin and Kenobi in season 2.

Both were after AOTC and well before dark rendevous

UCanShootMyNova
Never seen it before, and I imagine I would have if it was real.

Are you calling me a liar?

DarthAnt66
Ain't calling you a truther, unless you're referring to: "Yes, unless they conflict with something else seen in the films or if the reasoning behind deleting the scene keeps it from being continuity."

And the scene doesn't fit into the continuity. The scene would have taken place directly after Rex contacts Anakin while under Ventress' mind-trick. Anakin and Ahsoka go to leave the central Hutt room, and Ventress is standing there. Instead, we see Ventress seconds later still around the entrance of the palace, thus meaning Anakin and Ahsoka were gone by the time Ventress ever got there. This scene was likely inserted instead of the rancor fight.

DarthAnt66
canon, season 2 knight anakin was stalemated by season 2 Ventress in a fight flip which had Ventress flipping him with a kick and blasting right through his barrier.

Canon Ventress held her own vs both Anakin and Kenobi in season 2.

Both were after AOTC and well before dark rendevous
99% Ventress never even fought in Season 2, lmfao.

If you're referring to Kamino, Anakin's foremost priority was retrieving the Kamino DNA. When Anakin kicked her, it's apparent he could have potentially killed her, but instead opted to play it safe and just get the DNA. And Anakin blatantly resists Ventress' telekinetic attack later in the fight. She only pushes him originally because Anakin blatantly wasn't prepared and expecting her to jump over him.

She holds her own when Dooku betrays her, but she's bloodlusted and the Jedi, again, don't want to kill her.

UCanShootMyNova
Ain't calling you a truther, unless you're referring to: "Yes, unless they conflict with something else seen in the films or if the reasoning behind deleting the scene keeps it from being continuity."

And the scene doesn't fit into the continuity. The scene would have taken place directly after Rex contacts Anakin while under Ventress' mind-trick. Anakin and Ahsoka go to leave the central Hutt room, and Ventress is standing there. Instead, we see Ventress seconds later still around the entrance of the palace, thus meaning Anakin and Ahsoka were gone by the time Ventress ever got there. This scene was likely inserted instead of the rancor fight.

I take offense to that honestly. All I know is that there's a quote that states deleted scenes are valid if they meet certain requirements and that the TCW scene does.

I don't know where in the movie they planned to insert it, but since they took the time to animate, edit, voice act and write the dialogue for it I'm sure they would have fit it in somewhere.

How do you know where they planned on inserting it in the movie btw? Or is that just a guess which you tried to pass off as something more.

DarthAnt66
Actually, no. If you look through most of the deleted scenes in the prequel trilogy, they are fully edited scenes that have no place in the actual film.

Here's one of a dozen examples: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs14pk_star-wars-episode-ii-deleted-scenes-obi-wan-and-mace-jedi-landing-platform_shortfilms

Instead of using this scene, Lucas made this entire new scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nStx_RD4tx8

Thus, the original deleted scene doesn't fit in anywhere given a new scene was inserted that changed the film.

The same happened here, likely. If you watch the film, you'd recognize it doesn't fit in anywhere, so saying it does is pointless and stupid.

DarthAnt66
How do you know where they planned on inserting it in the movie btw? Or is that just a guess which you tried to pass off as something more.
Because I just went on Netflix and went through it looking for where the scene would have been inserted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAf7jRGmybY

The deleted scene takes place in the room Anakin and Ahsoka are in at 1 minute and 52 seconds.

They are on their way to leave and Ventress pops up, surprising them.

The next scene shows Ventress still in the main entrance hallway, meaning Anakin and Ahsoka have left the room.

The only way for the scene to work would be for multiple other scenes to be inserted too, which we know isn't the case.

UCanShootMyNova
Somebody has a quote from Leeland Chee regarding deleted scenes like the one from the TCW movie. I can't remember the exact requirements needed to be considered an exception or if the scene you posted from RotS would be considered one ( it likely wouldn't since it's actively replaced ) but I remember finding it intriguing because the TCW scene fit the requirements. If anybody who has it could post it that'd be great.

Rockydonovang
A massively pre prime ventress stalemating post aotc anakin(canon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmqleFcF9s
Anyway, this isn't canon only, this features a legends version of ventress so...

A massively pre prime ventress contends and fights relatively evenly with post aotc anakin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=3VB_vjVxcic

Anakin's stated to need his rage to beat her:
Anakin followed Asajj through hyperspace to the ancient Sith temples of Yavin 4. Anakin continued his pursuit on foot, aided by clone troopers. Using the Force, Asajj whittled away the clone trooper guards, and then began a stunning lightsaber duel with Anakin. So skilled was she, Asajj even proved to be a challenge to the fabled Chosen One of Jedi legend. To defeat her, Anakin needed the edge granted by giving into anger. In a furious counter-attack, young Skywalker repulsed Ventress, who nevertheless survived.
-- Star Wars Databank: Ventress, Asajj

Knight Anakin and Way pre dark rendezvous Ventress telekinetically stalemating:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-5501671
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-5501672

And off course there's this which is valid in legends thanks to the tcw junior novelization:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=148&v=fTgL4-gQRVs

TL;DR:
Very pre prime ventress's have contended with and even beat post aotc version's of anakin.

So, logically, a late tcw ventress in dark rendevous who has multiple quotes stating she's been growing throughout the war would beat aotc anakin

Beniboybling
Lmfao what. TCW Anakin practically beat Dooku. laughing

Beniboybling
In any case it doesn't matter, because Ventress is incapable of fighting as a near equal against Dooku. Ergo Anakin must be holding back when fighting Ventress. Or Dooku was holding back against Anakin. facepalm

Though TCW Anakin is irrelevant here anyway.

And FYI: The duel with Anakin, Ventress & Ahsoka isn't canon, they never fell into the rancor pit.

DarthDuelist9
IIRC in the TCW movie novelization it's made clear that Dooku isn't going all out against Anakin while still holding the advantage.

YousufKhan1212
Ventress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.