Hector Hammond Vs Prof. X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/73/40/72/7340729bf4a6c9e60394b3041bd7b5ce.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0d/76/0c/0d760ca92cae02f312e999911fcf3e2f.jpg

Glorificus
Xavier stomps.

Zack M
No, he doesn't. Current Hammon is planetary plus level TP. And according to Lobdell, Onslaught level.

riv6672
Yeah, wheelchairs notwithstanding, i thought they matched up.

Ah well, it can always be a race.

beatboks
Xavier for the majority.

Zack M
Originally posted by beatboks
Xavier for the majority.

How does Xavier take current HH for the majority?

riv6672
Well this is going nowhere. Thanks though!

Faceless808
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, wheelchairs notwithstanding, i thought they matched up.

Ah well, it can always be a race.

LMAO, that was terrible and hilarious at the same time! I'm ashamed at myself for laughing so hard! LOL!

riv6672
big grin

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack M

His ownage of the Phoenix avatars for starters.

Zack M
Originally posted by Sin I AM
His ownage of the Phoenix avatars for starters.

Meh, most of the Phoenix avatars are incompetent. Rachel, for one.

Sin I AM
Not Rachel. Scott/Emma/Namor

Zack M
Rachel used to be one of my favs, but she wasn't all that impressive. She was one-shotted by Thor and controlled by Quasar.

Sin I AM
Rachel used to be one of my favs, but she wasn't all that impressive. She was one-shotted by Thor and controlled by Quasar.

Yea shes like Jean Grey-lite and not a good jean an incompetant one

riv6672
Poor Rachel.
Actually, poor Jean, too.

beatboks

How does current HH take Xavier for a majority?

leonidas
was wondering the same thing....

riv6672
Me too. In both cases.

Zack M
How does current HH take Xavier for a majority?

I see a very long fight on the psychic plane. Hector was boosted by Brainiac, iirc. Lobdell had him to be much more than he was and compared his power to be that of Onslaught himself.

Both have a fight on their hands, and I highly doubt Xavier stomps.

Although, Hammond did lose to HIVE Queen. Hmmm...

leonidas
sure but that's all just lip service. til he proves he's at that level....besides, you do remember whose psy powers onslaught had, right...? confused

Zack M
Yes, but what can Xavier do that an amped Hammond can't? He already has planetary type feats.

leonidas
xavier's strength isn't simply his power, it's his skill. he's the most skilled tp in marvel--likely in all comics (though emma has some crazy skill feats...). he would simply beat hammond by being the better tp. i doubt either would overwhelm the other, so skill would be the deciding factor and there is an entire respect thread of....a lot of pages displaying charles' skill level. hammond's powerful, but charles is more than just power. a lot more, actually. /shrug

Zack M
Hammond is pretty skilled too.

leonidas
so, what are some of his skill feats?

DarkSaint85
Yeah going up against Xavier in a TP feat war???

Zack M
Hammond has tooled some of the biggest characters of will in comics: Superman and Hal. Not to mention taking over his ring, which isn't an easy thing to do. He can also change into pure psionic energy and stalemated Psycho Pirate, for a time, IIRC.

beatboks
If that's all you got Xavier still takes this convincingly. Nothing you've shown even puts Hammond on the same level as pre FP Brainwave Jnr and Xavier would take him 7/10 (lets not forget that Hank TP mind rapped Kyle Raynor while also Dominating Alan Scot (and Scot has higher TP resistance than anyone youve mentioned -like being the only one who could mentally stand up to Brainwave snr)

Come back when HH has feats of TP doing anything to someone on Legion's level and you might have some small shot at an argumeny of substance

Zack M
Hal's will is better than Alan, especially the last few years. He has god tier will power. wink

riv6672
Still seems close.
Those Hammond's feats are impressive.

beatboks
Hal's will is better than Alan, especially the last few years. He has god tier will power. wink

Omg NO

Alan overcame the mental power of Krona without anring AFTER he (Krona) had casually mentally dominated ALL the Guardians. Hal BTW was one shotted in the same story.

Alan resisted and held of Vulkan son of fire AFTER he casually shattered Classic Fate's spells and put him in a coma.

Its been stated on panel that ONLY Alan possesses the will needed to contain the starheart (the reason he wields it). Compare that to how well Hal did with Parallax entity .The same Starheart used by Eclipso to defeat Spectre and sever the connection the presemce has to earth when he stole it with the helo of shade and Jade (by proxy controlled by Shade). THAT is god tier will.

Alan withstood the mental onslaught of Brainwave Snr AFTER henhad vasually mentally toyed with the entire JSA and a good chunk of the All star Squadron AND TP pushed Spectre to go off looking for something else to worry about.

Alan resisted fought ALL of hell during underworld unleashed to free his wife's soul.

I can go on listing if youd like. Hal os good, but his will power feats fall short on comparison. Hell Kyle containing several black holes up shows Hal. Or if you like I can pull up the issuenthat shows just how casually Alan Punks Hammond AFTER Hammond had stomped Hal, should put this to bed once and for ever?

Zack M
Omg NO

Alan overcame the mental power of Krona without anring AFTER he (Krona) had casually mentally dominated ALL the Guardians. Hal BTW was one shotted in the same story.

Alan resisted and held of Vulkan son of fire AFTER he casually shattered Classic Fate's spells and put him in a coma.

Its been stated on panel that ONLY Alan possesses the will needed to contain the starheart (the reason he wields it). Compare that to how well Hal did with Parallax entity .The same Starheart used by Eclipso to defeat Spectre and sever the connection the presemce has to earth when he stole it with the helo of shade and Jade (by proxy controlled by Shade). THAT is god tier will.

Alan withstood the mental onslaught of Brainwave Snr AFTER henhad vasually mentally toyed with the entire JSA and a good chunk of the All star Squadron AND TP pushed Spectre to go off looking for something else to worry about.

Alan resisted fought ALL of hell during underworld unleashed to free his wife's soul.

I can go on listing if youd like. Hal os good, but his will power feats fall short on comparison. Hell Kyle containing several black holes up shows Hal. Or if you like I can pull up the issuenthat shows just how casually Alan Punks Hammond AFTER Hammond had stomped Hal, should put this to bed once and for ever?

Hal surpassed Alan a while ago. Summoning Nekron, FTW.

abhilegend
Omg NO

Uh, Hal is the man when it comes to willpower.

Do you want me to start listing his feats?

BTW Brainwave Jr easily mindraped Alan. Krona cheapshotted Hal in the guise of Carol Ferris in that oneshot.

Parallax actually fought and was defeating Spectre when Eclipso used Starheart AND shadoforce to drain Spectre and then used Spectre's power to cut off Earth.

Neron made Alan his ***** in that crossover. What are talking about?

In Day of Judgement Alan himself said that Hal possessed the greatest willpower of all.

beatboks
Hal surpassed Alan a while ago. Summoning Nekron, FTW.

Nekron doesnt match Alan's best feat so HTF does that surpass him?? Fail fail fail

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend

BTW Brainwave Jr easily mindraped Alan. Krona cheapshotted Hal in the guise of Carol Ferris in that oneshot.

Parallax actually fought and was defeating Spectre when Eclipso used Starheart AND shadoforce to drain Spectre and then used Spectre's power to cut off Earth.

In Day of Judgement Alan himself said that Hal possessed the greatest willpower of all.

Hank King had Alan in his power and Alan realised and fought free. How the F $# is that a mind rape??

Yes Krona possessed Carol when he was mind raping Hal, doesnt change the fact that Hal didnt resist and yet a disbodied spirit of alan Did and overcame him.

Where exactly did I mention Neron?? I spoke of the battle with hell before Neron.

Yeah go ahead and show all these feats of Hals will resisting telepathic assaults which is what we are diacussing.

Zack M
Nekron doesnt match Alan's best feat so HTF does that surpass him?? Fail fail fail

Not really. And Hal is currently a being of pure will. Able to fight off a multiversal being. Try harder/

Zack M

Beatbock's is stuck in the past. thumb up

riv6672
Hal/Alan (overall feats, not just current versions) is a tight race too, looks like.

krisblaze
Beatboks slaying.

This thread isnt Hal vs Alan though.

abhilegend
Hank King had Alan in his power and Alan realised and fought free. How the F $# is that a mind rape??

Yes Krona possessed Carol when he was mind raping Hal, doesnt change the fact that Hal didnt resist and yet a disbodied spirit of alan Did and overcame him.

Where exactly did I mention Neron?? I spoke of the battle with hell before Neron.

Yeah go ahead and show all these feats of Hals will resisting telepathic assaults which is what we are diacussing.

All this shit for a simple thing? Alan has himself said that Hal has better willpower than him.

https://s16.postimg.org/rmb68pwx1/RCO004_1474860813.jpgfree screen capture softwarecertificity.com

I can give a response to the post but why bother?

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Beatboks slaying.

This thread isnt Hal vs Alan though.
Tangents, yeah...stick out tongue

Philosophía
All this shit for a simple thing? Alan has himself said that Hal has better willpower than him.

https://s16.postimg.org/rmb68pwx1/RCO004_1474860813.jpgfree screen capture softwarecertificity.com

I can give a response to the post but why bother? That's also written by Geoff Johns, iirc, who has extensively written both Alan in JSA and Hal in GL.

beatboks

I can give a response to the post but why bother?

I love how you read shit into things that isnt there.

yes Alan says that Hal is the only one with that type of will power. He however looking for a SOUL with that will power. It is after all a deceased soul that takes on the role of Spectre. Just love how you completely ignore the part where he says that they dont have time to retrieve another soul only "slice his or Batman's"

As usual just completely ignore the actual context of anything, to support your blindered view so that it says what you want it to say rather than what it actually shows.

Clearly you cant come up with examples to shkw Hal's great resistance to me tal attacks hey ? I mean considering how quickly you fold on that score.

riv6672
^^^AKA, i agree with you.
Alan didnt say better or stronger or anything like that.
Obviously the scene is open to interpretation, so there's no reason to outright ignore an opposing viewpoint here.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^AKA, i agree with you.
Alan didnt say better or stronger or anything like that.
Obviously the scene is open to interpretation, so there's no reason to outright ignore an opposing viewpoint here.

Thats true enough.
I couldn't interpret it as abhi has but there is room for differing interpretation.

In any case the thread isnt about Hal or Alan so back OT.

Still waiting for anything that ca. Show Hammond as consistently skilled and versatile let alone as powerfum as Xavier in TP

riv6672
I wasnt really referring to you (at the risk of getting called a troll for the umpteenth time for stating the obvious, its not a secret abhi gets heated on scan interpretations) but thanks for agreeing.
I'd like some more Hammond/X comparisons too, as they still seem pretty even.

abhilegend
I love how you read shit into things that isnt there.

yes Alan says that Hal is the only one with that type of will power. He however looking for a SOUL with that will power. It is after all a deceased soul that takes on the role of Spectre. Just love how you completely ignore the part where he says that they dont have time to retrieve another soul only "slice his or Batman's"

So Hal's spirit has more willpower than Hal?

Is that supposed to make sense?

And it wasn't just souls who could take on role of Spectre. Living beings have been hosts of Spectre as well.

I would like to see where Alan has been given mods over Hal in willpower.

I'm curious, what does it show from your point of view?

Are you going to make a simple scene complicated by inserting your own view there? I'm eagerly anticipating your response!!!!

Heh, Hal has actually made Parallax his ***** when Parallax nearly mindraped Spectre himself.

He has made ****ing Nekron his ***** by sheer willpower.

His willpower is more of a nexus than ****ing CPB.

And you think Alan can compete with that?

riv6672
Nice use of asterisks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.