New Kenobi feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/exar-kun-and-qlic-quel-drama-vs-general-greivous-a-1875312/
post #38

Zenwolf
That's new?

Rockydonovang
New in the sense it doesn't seem to have gotten any attention before Just like his wild space ship feat

star wars kenobi ws published in late 2013 though

Rockydonovang
Regardless this should raise kenobi imo

Zenwolf
Never really had him low anyway in Legends frankly, I mean perhaps inferior physically than his younger ROTS self but even then. I mean people bring up the whole "Shadows of their former selves" quote.

Which I guess made sense back in 2002 when it was written. But then you have sources coming after and then that quote, I feel doesn't really add up anymore given it's standing.

But yeah, it's pretty nice.

Rockydonovang
This isn't ben kenobi, this is kenobi a month post rots. This is virtually rots kenobi

Though now that you bring it up,
Ben kenobi growing much per himself power wise just makes himself more impressive force ise at least. And off course in legends vader gets to scale off this too

Rockydonovang
UP

This is kenobi a month post-rots

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
This isn't ben kenobi, this is kenobi a month post rots. This is virtually rots kenobi

Though now that you bring it up,
Ben kenobi growing much per himself power wise just makes himself more impressive force ise at least. And off course in legends vader gets to scale off this too

Eh even if it isn't point still remains, especially for Vader. But yeah.

Rockydonovang
The main thing here is now rather than just scaling rots kenobi of his tcw feats and saying he grew, we actually have a way to gauge just where kenobi reached aside from scaling him off from other force users

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Never really had him low anyway in Legends frankly, I mean perhaps inferior physically than his younger ROTS self but even then. I mean people bring up the whole "Shadows of their former selves" quote.

Which I guess made sense back in 2002 when it was written. But then you have sources coming after and then that quote, I feel doesn't really add up anymore given it's standing.

thumb up

SunRazer
The shadows quote refers to saber combat, not Force powers. This has nothing to do with that, which was reinforced again in 2007 and 2010.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by SunRazer
The shadows quote refers to saber combat, not Force powers. This has nothing to do with that, which was reinforced again in 2007 and 2010.

Eh even in sabers, don't really think it still adds up for Vader at the least.

SunRazer
Vader doesn't really have anything to contradict it. It's just the "not having dueled anyone" bit is outdated.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader doesn't really have anything to contradict it.

TFU Vader > TFU Sidious smile

SunRazer
TFU Sidious lost to Galen, so that's not much. smile

Rockydonovang
I think now it's fair to say rots kenobi surpassed sod maul force wise

Maul's domination with tcw kenobi doesn't really apply to rots kenobi.

A. Kenobi has "grown much" just over the course of a few months during the clone wars(stealth) and post his last encounter with maul he had all of season 5, season 6, dark desciple, and 6 additional mnths of heightened conflict in the outer rim seiges to grow.

B. More importantly, we know that force users grew from confrontation and Kenobi had numerous confrontations he triumphed over including
A. Adi Galia's death, which kenobi got over by focusing himself
B. Maul killing his love in satine
C. The conflicts he dealt with in obsession
D. And off course the largest confrontation has to be his fight vs anakin where he let go of his biggest attachment to anakin. Given how massive that was, its fair to assume he'd gain massive growth from triumphing there.

The cherry on top is that Maul's showings have all been with circumstances nd that he has only dominated kenobi without some favorable aid at play which is pretty sus when you consider that maul most definitely has an inclination to choke kenobi given he was dreaming about it in death sentence("I need my hands around your neck"wink and yet he's never done it when there's nothing aiding him(and logially he could have done it any time during their 1 v 1 on florrum or in son of dathomir if maul was really capable).

ROTS Kenobi isn't tied to Sod Maul force wise.

And when we compare rots kenobi's showings to maul's, kenobi's are simply better. His megalith feat is well above anything maul has managed. Even 5 months out from rots he was stalemating post tcw anakin who was vastly above being able to manipulate jedi starfighter dwarfing dreadnaughts and being able to blast tanks.

nfactor1995
So Kenobi was breaking pieces off of the rock formations and throwing them at Orrin? Is it literally just him breaking pieces off of the formations and throwing them or is there more to this that I'm missing?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by nfactor1995
So Kenobi was breaking pieces off of the rock formations and throwing them at Orrin? Is it literally just him breaking pieces off of the formations and throwing them or is there more to this that I'm missing?

Kenobi wasn't actually trying to hit Orrin, he was just trying to scare him off, which means he was throwing the objects with enough precision to make sure they didn't hit Orrin. He also wrecked the formation by enough of a degree that a massive cloud of dust emerged which onlookers thought was caused by an avalanche

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.