Etrigan the Demon vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fc/1a/04/fc1a049fa8b268624597ebabbcf64553.jpg

VS

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69951/1384032-black_adam.jpg

Battle betwen 2 of DC's Biggest and Baddest Magical BadAsses?

Who wins?

Prep?
No Prep?
No BFR in any fight.
Pre Nu52 versions of both
Post versions

Stoic
Read that Captain Marvel had power over magical beings, which is why I'd give Black Adam the edge here.

Cogito
Any standard BA should beat any standard Etrigan much more often than not.

cdtm
Did you know Etrigan sent himself and Superman back in time, to battle Morgan Le Fey?

He should be able to do it to Adam only.

Cogito
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No BFR in any fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito

Same battlefield, different time. stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
Did you know Etrigan sent himself and Superman back in time, to battle Morgan Le Fey?

He should be able to do it to Adam only.

That was back in the Kirby Days of the Demon. Good Stuff.

Originally posted by Stoic
Read that Captain Marvel had power over magical beings, which is why I'd give Black Adam the edge here.

When was that? Pre Nu or Post?

Stoic
That was back in the Kirby Days of the Demon. Good Stuff.

When was that? Pre Nu or Post?

I forget the title. I think it was called Superman/Captain Marvel First Thunder or something like that. Superman had an extremely difficult time with magical constructs or demons, while Captain Marvel made quick work of them. It was pre Nu52.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stoic
I forget the title. I think it was called Superman/Captain Marvel First Thunder or something like that. Superman had an extremely difficult time with magical constructs or demons, while Captain Marvel made quick work of them. It was pre Nu52.

Continuity or Elseworld?

Sounds like something that came out during that big push to make Magic almost a Specific Weakness for Supes.

beatboks
In a slug fest Etrigan can make Adam work for it but should loose the majority.
If Etrigan was to use his magic (which in character he hates to do) he would win the solid Majority. Its not something he goes to often and usually ONLY when outclassed so I'd say that gives him the prep battle.

Flyattractor
Yeah, Depending on which Version of Ettie is being used. He can use Hellfire and Magic Energy Blasts but was never really good at casting delicate or intricate spells. Especially during the Grant/Wagner/Morrison era.

Subtlety aint His strong point

Stoic
Continuity or Elseworld?

Sounds like something that came out during that big push to make Magic almost a Specific Weakness for Supes.

Don't think that it was an Elseworld title, not sure about it's canon.

cdtm
Continuity or Elseworld?

That sounds famaliar.

Don't believe it was First Thunder (That's the one where Billy loses a friend, Superman finds him crying, and chews out the wizard for recruiting children)

It might be the story in a Superman comic where Shazam and Superman merge bodies for a bit. There's a giant magic frog that Supes can't do anything against at all..

beatboks
Yeah, Depending on which Version of Ettie is being used. He can use Hellfire and Magic Energy Blasts but was never really good at casting delicate or intricate spells. Especially during the Grant/Wagner/Morrison era.

Subtlety aint His strong point

I wouldnt say he wasnt good just doesnt like.
In some older tales he was shown as mystically powerful and capable as his brother Merlin. Jason Blood is himself a very skilled spell master (I'd actually say hes forgotten more than many fictional wizards know) and Etrigan knows what ever he does (and vice versa).

I think the reason for his hate IS because his "prison" (his bond to Jason Blood) is so bloody good with Magic.so by default he hates using the go to avenue of the shell that binds him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.