Tv punisher vs Nolan Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marcssands14
Batman has 1 hour of prep. Fight is on top a warehouse roof. Punisher is fighting to kill.Who wins?

Kazenji
Strike 2.

carthage
Frank punishes

FrothByte
Fank wins. Nolan Batman didn't really do much prepping. He mostly relied on Fox think of most of his gadgets. But a fight on the rooftop... Punisher shoots his ass off.

TheVaultDweller
"One batch, two batch, penny and dime."

BruceSkywalker
batman stomps.. he always stomps...

hope you guys know im having fun

juggerman
With prep Bats might win here. He is sneaky as all hell and has enough gadgets to turn this in his favor. If he goes toe to toe he loses but if he plays it smart he can win

Silent Master
It's Baleman, playing it smart would be massively out of character.

juggerman
Nah he sneaks up on guys with guns all the time. it's really Batman's fight to lose.

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggerman
Nah he sneaks up on guys with guns all the time. it's really Batman's fight to lose.

He sneaks up on unskilled morons.

juggerman
Does Punisher have feats that make him immune to Baleman's sneakiness?

Silent Master
Seeing as they are fighting on a rooftop and start the fight looking at each other, does it really matter?

juggerman
I guess the OP wasn't specific. Warehouse roofs often have many things to use for cover but maybe the OP meant a flat roof with no obstructions. Also is the fight at night or in the day time? I assumed night since they both operate at night. But day time scuffles do put sneaky Bats at a disadvantage.

Silent Master
We tend to use the same rules as the comic vs board and that states that unless the OP states otherwise, characters start within line of sight.

marcssands14
Ok. Location is changed to bottom empty floor of warehouse,at night.Punisher only had a shotgun.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
We tend to use the same rules as the comic vs board and that states that unless the OP states otherwise, characters start within line of sight.

No I understand they start where they can see but does Batman have the opportunity to duck behind cover here? If so then his stealth can greatly help him. If it's just a flat roof with no cover then he probably get capped in the dome.

Unless during his prep time he decides to bring the Tumbler

Silent Master
Give examples of Baleman sneaking up on highly trained people that already know his general direction. plus examples of him running at the start of a fight in order to sneak up on his opponents.

juggerman
You're forgetting the Tumbler. Oooooohhhhh or the Batwing

Silent Master
You're forgetting the Tumbler. Oooooohhhhh or the Batwing

How exactly is he going to get the Tumbler onto the roof of a warehouse? and using the Batwing would require he leave the battlefield which is an auto loss.

But thanks for admitting Baleman needs his vehicle to stand a chance.

juggerman
How exactly is he going to get the Tumbler onto the roof of a warehouse? and using the Batwing would require he leave the battlefield which is an auto loss.

But thanks for admitting Baleman needs his vehicle to stand a chance.

Have you seen Batman Begins or the Dark Knight? The Tumbler makes no sense at all in it's climbing abilities. And he has an hour of prep so he can place the Batwing right near him or hovering next to the roof for him to jump into. No leaving needed but nice try

And thank you for admitting with an hour of prep Batman can win. I'm not a Batfan. I usually give him the loss. But with prep he has the ability to pull out a win WAY more often then without it

Silent Master
Have you seen Batman Begins or the Dark Knight? The Tumbler makes no sense at all in it's climbing abilities. And he has an hour of prep so he can place the Batwing right near him or hovering next to the roof for him to jump into

And thank you for admitting with an hour of prep Batman can win. I'm not a Batfan. I usually give him the loss. But with prep he has the ability to pull out a win WAY more often then without it

Show the tumbler climbing a building, Jumping onto the Batwing which you stated would be next to the roof would require him to leave the battlefield, which means he loses.

juggerman
Show the tumbler climbing a building, Jumping onto the Batwing which you stated would be next to the roof would require him to leave the battlefield, which means he loses.

The chase scene with the cops in BB had the Tumbler on roofs and in TDK in crashed into the parking garage on an upper level. That thing can move. BAtman could also crane or fly it to the roof if needed.

And leaving the roof for a few seconds wouldn't be a forfeit. BRF only happens when a participant cannot return to the battlefield on their own within a set amount of time. Batman would still be in the fight. He could also (as I stated earlier which you just blew right past) park it right on the roof next to him. Fight starts and he hops in it and bing bang boom. Or hell, he could just start the fray inside the thing. No muss no fuss

Silent Master
The chase scene with the cops in BB had the Tumbler on roofs and in TDK in crashed into the parking garage on an upper level. That thing can move. BAtman could also crane or fly it to the roof if needed.

And leaving the roof for a few seconds wouldn't be a forfeit. BRF only happens when a participant cannot return to the battlefield on their own within a set amount of time. Batman would still be in the fight. He could also (as I stated earlier which you just blew right past) park it right on the roof next to him. Fight starts and he hops in it and bing bang boom. Or hell, he could just start the fray inside the thing. No muss no fuss

If the chase scene shows the Tumbler climbing buildings then post the clip, as for flying it that might work, but can the Batwing even lift it? per the forum rules leaving the battlefield on your own power is an auto loss, you only get the chance to come back if you're forcibly removed from the BF.

juggerman
The Tumbler was shown jumping rooftop to rooftop so getting to this specific rooftop isn't out of the realm. Bruce has access to planes and helicopters too so the Batwing isn't the only option.

Ok I was mistaken about leaving then. But starting in the Batwing or having it parked on the roof already should still be viable options right?

Silent Master
The Tumbler was shown jumping rooftop to rooftop so getting to this specific rooftop isn't out of the realm. Bruce has access to planes and helicopters too so the Batwing isn't the only option.

Ok I was mistaken about leaving then. But starting in the Batwing or having it parked on the roof already should still be viable options right?

Ok, so now that you found a way to get the vehicles on the warehouse roof, how is he going to use them in order to beat the Punisher?

juggerman
More clarification is needed here. How high is this warehouse? Batman could go for knocking Punisher off or collapsing the roof where he's standing and making him fall inside

Silent Master
So Baleman is going to chase the Punisher around the roof in the Tumbler in order to try and knock him off?

As for collapsing the roof, that would make him fall as well, which means he left the BF under his own power. thus he would lose. but I like how Baleman's best chance to win is to destroy the roof.

BTW, to the OP or anyone else. what is considered standard gear for the Punisher?

Edit: Well, I'm out for the night.

juggerman
Not the entire roof. Just where the Punisher is. Also he would fall in the Batwing

juggerman
Also I'd like to contest the idea of Balman blowing up the roof being a loss for him. I don't think leaving the battlefield with your opponent would constitute a loss. Like if Superman and Hulk were fighting on a football field and Supes uppercutted Hulk a mile away and flew after him to continue the brawl I would think that would be a loss for him.

juggerman
Ooooohhhhhh I got another idea!

Baleman uses his hour prep to rig the rooftop with fear toxin. Once the match begins the toxin is released and Castle is doused and starts succumbing to his fears. BatBale then beats him unconscious.

OOOOOORRRRRRR

BruceBale uses his prep time to knock out the lights in the area to create a near pitch black environment. Then he tip toes around unseen and creates mayhem

I'm sleepy

TheVaultDweller
Nah, he just glues nipples to his armour and Frank falls off the roof after laughing too hard.

juggerman
You win

Silent Master
You seem to have forgotten that we argue in-character, so feel free to post clips of Baleman doing any of the things you've listed so far.

riv6672
You seem to have forgotten that we argue in-character, so feel free to post clips of Baleman doing any of the things you've listed so far.
This one's actually sillier than the same thread in the Versus forum. laughing out loud

Silent Master
Originally posted by riv6672
This one's actually sillier than the same thread in the Versus forum. laughing out loud

Give Baleman fans a little rope and they'll hang themselves.

riv6672
Its only fair.
Baleman would too, trying to ise a rope.

juggerman

He has used fear gas in his fight with Bane. He also blacked out the lights in that same fight. Both are in character

Give Baleman fans a little rope and they'll hang themselves.

Not a Baleman fan. He would lose a straight up one on one random encounter. With prep he can win.

Silent Master
You're claiming that he'll rig the entire roof with fear gas, using something in the middle of a fight is a lot different than using prep to rig an entire battlefield.

You might as well say that someone like Deadshot uses his prep to shoot Batman in the head.

juggerman
He used it in the way he did due to the circumstances. He was lured into a trap and had to wing it. With an hour of prep time it's completely reasonable for him to use things that are normally at his disposal.

Deadshot has used prep to kill in SS

Silent Master
If it's in character for him to do so with prep, post clips where he uses prep to rig a battlefield.

You're misunderstanding my point, it would be like someone making a Deadshot vs Batman thread and you saying that Deadshot shoots Batman before the fight starts.

Edit: Double checked the rules

So, rigging the BF is out.

juggerman
If it's in character for him to do so with prep, post clips where he uses prep to rig a battlefield.

You're misunderstanding my point, it would be like someone making a Deadshot vs Batman thread and you saying that Deadshot shoots Batman before the fight starts.

Edit: Double checked the rules

So, rigging the BF is out.

That's not how it works. Sometimes we don't see characters using prep so we have to go with what they have access to and could do. We've never seen Wonder Woman prep for a fight but if she were going against Kal we could assume she could borrow Kryptonite from Bruce.

And I think it would be well within Deadshot's ability to set up those things he used to ricochet bullets beforehand. Not that he attacks the opponent early. I'm not saying Bruce attack early either

I'd like a ruling on that if you don't mind. I don't see him setting things up to use AFTER the fight has begun as any more offensive or defensive than bringing specific weapons and equipment to use. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though but idk

Also Wayne wouldn't need to set anything up to turn the lights out like he did against Bane. He just did that on the fly. So turning the lights out and using fear gas is an option.

Silent Master
It's in the rules on the comic vs forum, which we generally abide by. but if you want to ask Imp if you can override the site's rules, go ahead.

juggerman
It's not overriding anything. He isn't using anything before the fight and he isn't protecting himself either. He's just bringing tools to use after the bell rings

Silent Master
If he is setting up traps, then yes, he is using things before the fight. now if you want Baleman can bring the stuff with him and then try and install them after the fight starts.

juggerman
Question: If this were Deadshot or another shooter with prep, would placing guns around the field in hopes of using them at some point be off limits too? Or is this just because these are "traps"?

Silent Master
If you don't feel that setting traps count as an offensive/defensive action, feel free to ask a mod. but we both know what their answer would be.

juggerman
So no answer to placing guns around? Ok then well we've already established Frank has no counter for Bat's vehicles. Batman can cut the lights off with a neat gadget on his belt. Batman has access to fear gas. He can win

Silent Master
Start a Deadshot thread and I might post in it.

What is the Punisher doing while Baleman is getting in and starting his vehicles?

cdtm
Mods will probably tell you traps are "field prep", and generally not part of standard prep rules.

Silent Master
Does anyone know what is considered standard gear for this version of the Punisher?

TheVaultDweller
Hard to say. Frank is actually a pretty solid prepper himself, and packs whatever is most useful for any given job. In some instances he would have a bunch of explosives, sniper rifle and a few other toys. In another he'd have a sidearm, shotgun etc. And in yet another situation, he would do things like hide a scalpel inside his friggin' forearm (like literally under the skin) to sneak it into a certain location. But he almost always has a few guns on him. The kind of guns just vary depending on the mission parameters.

Silent Master
Okay, so basically the consensus is that the only way Batman has a chance of winning is if he starts the fight already inside of a heavily armed and armoured vehicle, and fights completely out of character?

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I think he could win with one-sided prep and access to everything at his disposal. Random encounter and Punisher would literally just shoot him in the mouth.

h1a8
If Batman has 1 hour of prep then does that mean he has the opportunity to sneak up on Frank? Or he must do his prep in front of Frank (which defeats the purpose)? Or he does the prep away from Frank and then starts the fight in front of Frank?

playa1258
Batman curbstomps.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
If Batman has 1 hour of prep then does that mean he has the opportunity to sneak up on Frank? Or he must do his prep in front of Frank (which defeats the purpose)? Or he does the prep away from Frank and then starts the fight in front of Frank?

You have been on this board long enough to know, so why are you asking such retarded questions?

h1a8
You have been on this board long enough to know, so why are you asking such retarded questions? Because I'm retarded. Now you are asking retarded questions.

juggerman
Start a Deadshot thread and I might post in it.

What is the Punisher doing while Baleman is getting in and starting his vehicles?

Shooting most likely. Dunno what that'll do since it took a rocket to disable the Tumbler. Also you're ignore the darkness and fear gas. Frank has no defense against these

Okay, so basically the consensus is that the only way Batman has a chance of winning is if he starts the fight already inside of a heavily armed and armoured vehicle, and fights completely out of character?

Nope. He doesn't need the vehicles but they would surely up his chances

Silent Master
What good does turning off the lights do when they're outside and if Bats goes for the gas, the Punisher can just shoot him.

Face it, without Baleman starting inside an armored vehicle, this is Frank's fight to lose.

juggerman
What good does turning off the lights do when they're outside and if Bats goes for the gas, the Punisher can just shoot him.

Face it, without Baleman starting inside an armored vehicle, this is Frank's fight to lose.

It gives Batman the opportunity to hide and sneak up on Frank. Frank can't shoot what he can't see. And he can toss the toxin from a distance to avoid getting shot. All of that is in character for him. Will it work 100% of the time? Probably not. Can he win? Hell yes

Silent Master
Where in the op does it say it's nighttime? also, bullets travel far faster than a thrown canister.

juggerman
Where in the op does it say it's nighttime? also, bullets travel far faster than a thrown canister.

It doesn't. I'm making an assumption since that's when Batman usually works. If it's daytime then that plan doesn't work. And does Frank have feats of shooting accurately in near total darkness? Against a guy that has trained to use said darkness like the Bat?

Silent Master
So not only does Baleman need prep and vehicles, he also needs the fight to be set at a time that puts Frank at a disadvantage.

Edit: Just re-read the first page and noticed that the OP changed the stips to inside the warehouse and Frank only gets a shotgun. Looks like Baleman finally gets a win.

juggerman
Good catch. I missed the update too. Batman wins. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
It doesn't. I'm making an assumption since that's when Batman usually works. If it's daytime then that plan doesn't work. And does Frank have feats of shooting accurately in near total darkness? Against a guy that has trained to use said darkness like the Bat?

Well, he did shoot Daredevil in the head with "the perfect warning shot", at night, on a rooftop. But it was very close range.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if they are in the warehouse, Batman gets prep, and all Frank gets is a single shotgun, then Batman wins. But, honestly, that's not much of an achievement for Batman, considering the thread stips are massively skewed to favour him here.

juggerman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, he did shoot Daredevil in the head with "the perfect warning shot", at night, on a rooftop. But it was very close range.

I thought about that but in that scene there wasn't the "lights out" scenario that Batman implemented against Bane in TDKR. But yeah it's kinda moot now since OP changed the fight

relentless1
He sneaks up on unskilled morons.

in the context of the films those goons are very skilled, especially the LOS goons in TDKR; take your bale hate elsewhere and go to counselling or call the cops if he touched you in bad places lmao

riv6672
So not only does Baleman need prep and vehicles, he also needs the fight to be set at a time that puts Frank at a disadvantage.

Edit: Just re-read the first page and noticed that the OP changed the stips to inside the warehouse and Frank only gets a shotgun. Looks like Baleman finally gets a win.
Nah, he'd still lose. thumb up

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
in the context of the films those goons are very skilled, especially the LOS goons in TDKR; take your bale hate elsewhere and go to counselling or call the cops if he touched you in bad places lmao

They might be skilled for the Nolanverse, but that doesn't really say much.

Arachnid1
Frank is a much better fighter so if it was strictly H2H, he beats the shit out of him harder than bane did.

Inside a warehouse with full gear and any kind of prep for Bats and a shotgun for Frank is difficult though, Bats could cut the lights and use night vision to go after Frank and he wouldn't be able to see or fight back really. This scenario is basically tailored in Bats favor. Agreed with Silent. One of the rare occasions Baleman gets a win.

FrothByte
^ yeah but OP had to massively gimp the match to favor bats.

KingD19
Someone should make a thread where Bruce is in his street clothes, Punisher has prep, knows who he is, and has a sniper rifle while Bruce is just walking down the street with not a care in the world.

Silent Master
Does anyone still have the gifs that show how bad the fight choreography is in Nolan movies. Remember, the ones showing people falling down without being hit.

Dr Will Hatch
Batman appears out of nowhere and knocks out Frank.

Seriously, Bale Batman is being underestimated here. The fight choreography in the Nolan movies is for s.hit, but this meme that he's this weakling who can get beaten up by anyone is getting out of hand. His stealth abilities were more than decent, and Netflix Punisher honestly wasn't that impressive to me.

Silent Master
Nolan Batman is in no way underestimated, his fighting skills get exactly the amount of respect they deserve.

Dr Will Hatch
Yea and no. In pure combat, he's just OK, no great shakes, but in a prep scenario, in his BB/TDK prime, I think he'd do fine against Netflix Punisher. We're talking about a guy who can just disappear from a busy crime scene without anyone noticing the second somebody turns their head around. What is Frank going to do? He can't track the Batman like he did with Daredevil.

Silent Master
That is just it. he needs prep, field advantage and for The Punisher to be handicapped in order to be assured a win. I could list over a dozen non comic or superpowered fighters that would beat the ever-loving s*** out of him.

Dr Will Hatch
Of course. I didn't say that he was GREAT, just a tad underestimated. In VS fights, people automatically assume that Nolan Batman sucks and is weaksauce, when in a prep scenario, he is decent.

Silent Master
Almost anyone would be decent in a one-sided prep scenario.

Dr Will Hatch
Well that's how the comic Batman wins most of his fights, isn't it? :P

I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to rationalize away a trilogy of movies that I really like that unfortunately have s.hitty fight choreography.

Silent Master
Comic Batman actually has the skill to fight hand-to-hand against elite street levelers, Nolan Batman doesn't.

Dr Will Hatch
In the context of his own universe, he does. Nolan Batman is implied to be on the level of DCEU Batman or Comic Batman, it just isn't backed up by feats, which is the only thing that counts here, granted, but narratively, Nolanverse Batman is an elite fighter. It's the same logic with Buffy. She's theoretically supposed to be on Captain America's level of fighting skill and strength. She isn't, but storywise she's supposed to be. That being said, he's decent at prep, and I could see him John McClaning his way against more than a few MCU people(Well, a couple).

Silent Master
That's the problem though, not all universes are equal. Based on feets, Elite Street levelers in his Universe are not that impressive.

John Murdoch
In a H2H fight or random encounter where both are equipped with gear (barring Baleman is sitting in his Tumbler or Batwing), Punisher beats the pants off Baleman. He had a couple stalemates with Daredevil and fought - with DD's help - out of that Irish mob's dungeon after being beaten down and a hole drilled through his left foot.

Under these stipulations, which admittedly massively handicap Frank, I agree with Dr. Will Hatch that Baleman has enough prepping (the skyscraper in Hong Kong sequence in TDK) and stealth (docks in BB, skyscraper sequence at the finale of TDK, tunnels in TDKR before the fight with Bane) to take down Frank here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.