Dumbest comic book character costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
It's ridiculing time, people. Which live action adaptations of comic book characters have had the worst looking costumes?

For my first nomination, I would like to bring up infamous nipple costumes from Batman and Robin.

riv6672
Nolan Batman.
The mask made him look like he had the mumps, and his cape, a shower curtain held on by 2 refrigerator magnets.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Nolan Batman.
The mask made him look like he had the mumps, and his cape, a shower curtain held on by 2 refrigerator magnets.

What about Keaton, who couldn't even turn his head? laughing

Come to think of it, most live action Batman suits look crap.

Also, seeing as I didn't specify just movies, I would also like to nominate CW Martian Manhunter. IMO, he looks f****** ridiculous.

Inhuman
Rhino - Amzing spiderman 2
Silver Samurai - Wolverine 2
Joker - Suicide Squad

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Come to think of it, most live action Batman suits look crap.

Also, seeing as I didn't specify just movies, I would also like to nominate CW Martian Manhunter. IMO, he looks f****** ridiculous.

In the first Batman, Keaton at least looked imposing imo.

By DKR, I honestly felt like Bale's suit looked more like a high-end Halloween costume.

Yeah though, J'onn looks crap.

KingD19
Steel

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Steel

The 90s version? Because that one was awful.

Steve Zodiac
Danny Rand's tattoo didn't work well live action.

Steve Zodiac
Firestorm is awful.

Steve Zodiac
The Black leather Xmen costumes?

Steve Zodiac
Lundgren Punisher
Berry Catwoman

KingD19
The 90s version? Because that one was awful.

Yeah. Shaq's huge ass in clunky armor and a weird helmet.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-

By DKR, I honestly felt like Bale's suit looked more like a high-end Halloween costume.

Yeah though, J'onn looks crap.
Imposing to a point, but it was mixed with the silliness of having to always turn his body since he couldn't turn his head... Perfect Bat costume for the time, but it's aged imo.

Regarding Bale's, I will admit it didn't stick with me as a top preferred design like I thought it would long run. When rewatching a bit of TDK by a certain point (might've been before Rises even came out, don't remember now), I just further noticed how the front shape of the cowl just looks off and kinda dumb. The rest of the suit I still like what with the details on the chest and stuff, but eh... After Batman Begins, the lack of gadgets he used didn't really complement the suit much, y'know?

What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again? I've seen the complaints about how he's treated in the show like combat-wise, but Martian Manhunter has always been a jobber, even in Justice League. One of the more high-end powerful heroes, but a jobber nonetheless since he's usually never had that main character status.

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
The Black leather Xmen costumes?
This, definitely. Even worse was how the first film took shots at the source material with the "Well what would you prefer? A yellow spandex?" line, implying their generic black leather was better. I should've known even back then as a kid to say **** you Fox. At least they've gotten kinda better with costumes in recent times though, like with Psylocke and such imo.

Flyattractor
That recent cast pic of the new Inhumans TV show has some good CRINGE Costumes....Especially for Medusa.

KingD19
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Firestorm is awful.

Do you mean the special effects for Firestorm? As that can be blamed on CW/DC having to spread it's FX budget around pretty liberally between 3 separate, FX heavy shows in Arrow, Flash, and Legends.

But if you mean the costume itself, then I'm gonna have to disagree. It's a pretty good modern interpretation of the Firestorm look. Thankfully they actually took out more of the classic comic parts because it would just look goofy on tv. Like the flared shoulders and that headpiece.

tkitna
The Atom

Its Iron Man Jr. for cripes sake.

KingD19
Atom suit is god awful yeah. The only similarities to the original is the color scheme and that he can shrink. The rest is just a copy/paste power armor.

riv6672

-Pr- said it for me.

StiltmanFTW
Aquaman

steverules_2
/thread

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/08/doomfantasticfour-146710.png

Ridley_Prime
That was... the thing that turned out to be a deformed Doombot in disguise right?

steverules_2
Well he's credited as Victor Von Doom but that is false advertisement

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Imposing to a point, but it was mixed with the silliness of having to always turn his body since he couldn't turn his head... Perfect Bat costume for the time, but it's aged imo.

Regarding Bale's, I will admit it didn't stick with me as a top preferred design like I thought it would long run. When rewatching a bit of TDK by a certain point (might've been before Rises even came out, don't remember now), I just further noticed how the front shape of the cowl just looks off and kinda dumb. The rest of the suit I still like what with the details on the chest and stuff, but eh... After Batman Begins, the lack of gadgets he used didn't really complement the suit much, y'know?

What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again? I've seen the complaints about how he's treated in the show like combat-wise, but Martian Manhunter has always been a jobber, even in Justice League. One of the more high-end powerful heroes, but a jobber nonetheless since he's usually never had that main character status.

This, definitely. Even worse was how the first film took shots at the source material with the "Well what would you prefer? A yellow spandex?" line, implying their generic black leather was better. I should've known even back then as a kid to say **** you Fox. At least they've gotten kinda better with costumes in recent times though, like with Psylocke and such imo.

The body turning DID allow for some dramatic shots though.

And no, I personally meant how J'onn looks. I don't like it. His character's writing is up and down, but his look... It's not great.

TheVaultDweller
What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again?

His appearance looks like cosplay. And not even particularly good cosplay.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by steverules_2
/thread

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/08/doomfantasticfour-146710.png

The best description I have heard for this version of "Doom" (I added quotes, because I do not consider that POS Doom) is a crash test dummy made out of melted plastic bags.

steverules_2
Yeah that wasn't Doom in the movie, I dunno what that was but a crash test dummy sounds pretty accurate

Is there an episode of super girl where J'onn doesn't get his ass handed to him? He's the worst hero I've ever seen, he loses every one of his fights, I dunno if it's changed since I last saw it though so maybe now he's kicking ass but I highly doubt it

relentless1
Dr Doom
New Goblin
TDK Batsuit (hate the motorcycle look)
X Men
Original Superman
60s Batman
Howard the Duck
The Grandmaster
Two Face (Forever)
Galactus

riv6672
Shaq. Steel. Thats gotta be top 5.

Ridley_Prime
Before I forget, Diamondback.

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/diamondback-green-hammertech-suit-luke-cage-1.jpg

Oh, I'd prolly give an honorable mention to the Stallone Dredd too minus the helmet which was cool looking, but the rest of the costume...

steverules_2
Actually I think Galactus could be the worst, I mean we got a storm cloud so he didn't even get a costume unless you count the silhouette through the cloud

riv6672
The Stallone Dredd was actually not a bad adaptation.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QNcXsCl_m3U/UXcFRK77boI/AAAAAAAAAgg/DHVdh_nKKKE/s1600/1995+Joe+Dredd+vs+Comic.jpg

It was stylized, but fairly accurate.
A lot of the visuals were.

steverules_2
That's one of the least worst ones actually

Ridley_Prime
Didn't mind the shoulder pads either, considering. Guess my main problems was the silly cod piece and lack of some details here and there, but yeah, suppose is not one of the worst now that you mention it.

Darth Thor
Actually I think Galactus could be the worst,

This

Flyattractor
Didn't mind the shoulder pads either, considering. Guess my main problems was the silly cod piece and lack of some details here and there, but yeah, suppose is not one of the worst now that you mention it.

Making the clothes Leather instead of Nylon would probably have helped.

riv6672
That's one of the least worst ones actually
Good deal, guys. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
That was... the thing that turned out to be a deformed Doombot in disguise right?

Anti-social computer programmer turned into a robot...

It's shocking that FOX still doesn't want to give the rights back to Marvel.

Kazenji
Before I forget, Diamondback.

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/diamondback-green-hammertech-suit-luke-cage-1.jpg

If they got rid of the helmet the costume is spot on.

steverules_2
The helmet really brings the costume together

ares834
I actually like Dimandback's suit. It may not look cool, but they absolutely nailed what they were going for there.

Originally posted by relentless1
Original Superman

thumb down

steverules_2
Original supes was one of the most spot on costumes

TheVaultDweller
I am of two minds about the Diamondback costume. In terms of accuracy, minus the helmet, it is a very good take on old-school comic version. But, at the same time, it looks ridiculous in a modern live-action adaptation. I mean earlier in the series, they had Luke briefly wear his classic comic look, and even the character himself remarked in the show that he looked stupid. So, even the writers knew that those older looks did not really work, yet still chose to go that route with Diamondback.

John Murdoch
1. Steel
2. Barakapool from Wolverine: Origins
3. Schumaker Batman & Robin
4. Amazing Spider-Man 2 Green Goblin
5. Diamondback

Honorable Mentions that are mentioned honorably because I don't know if they actually count: Galactus in FF2: Silver Surfer (cloud instead of the big purple planet eater we all know and love) and Peter Sarsgaard's Hector Hammond from Green Lantern 2011 (really just had a labcoat on - not a costume per se - but did have the giant melon makeup head.

jaden101
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bc/93/11/bc93117c0c6948dd048011e08fdde538.jpg

John Murdoch
^Good choice.

Ridley_Prime
I think some of us would've mentioned Juggernaut if we hadn't exorcised the memory of X3 from our minds and memories. If Juggernaut was in a movie now though, I think he would be better looking than that 2006 pos, at least to some degree, but you know, Fox generally has to take their baby steps when it comes to progressing & improving in areas...

KingD19
If Juggernaut is in a movie again, he'll definitely be much closer to his red armored look, and hopefuly with a proper helmet.

Ridley_Prime
They gave young Magneto a better looking red helmet than the one in the first trilogy, so I don't see why they wouldn't do better with Juggernaut similarly...

cdtm
LR3P4Clb6No

riv6672
Original supes was one of the most spot on costumes
I missed someone posting that as a bad costume.
I agree it was pretty spot on.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by jaden101
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bc/93/11/bc93117c0c6948dd048011e08fdde538.jpg

Yeah, this one definitely deserves a mention. That weird rubber muscle suit and helmet did not work.

-Pr-
I doubt you'll find any really good costumes in any of the X-Men movies. MAYBE the First Class ones, but that's it.

They had exceptionally good make-up at times though. And some really cool-looking props (logan's claws, Cyclops's visor).

KingD19
https://comicicons.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/john_wraith_will-i-am.jpg

Well...

Kazenji
Will.i.am did a decent John Wraith.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cdtm
LR3P4Clb6No

Ah wasn't bad for the 80's on a Tv budget.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
https://comicicons.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/john_wraith_will-i-am.jpg

Well...

I said X-Men, not shitverine.

Kazenji
Still.....That was one of the better things from that movie.

riv6672
^^^yeah that was pretty good actually.

StiltmanFTW
MAYBE the First Class ones, but that's it.

Those suits were obnoxious.

Ridley_Prime
They were... Better example, imo at least would be Psylocke in Apocalypse who looked spot on costume and appearance wise, or at least as close as we're probably gonna get unless you prefer the one in X3.

The makeup seems to be the X films' stronger suit as pointed out, even though Nightcrawler in Apoc was kind of a step down from X2 Kurt in that regard sadly. Apoc's makeup was for the most part decent but his costume and shape was what was more off/different. As hated as that Apoc is by some, I don't think he deserves mention here like Juggernaut, the last F4's Dr Doom, and some of them others do. *shudder*

John Murdoch
They were... Better example, imo at least would be Psylocke in Apocalypse who looked spot on costume and appearance wise, or at least as close as we're probably gonna get unless you prefer the one in X3.

The makeup seems to be the X films' stronger suit as pointed out, even though Nightcrawler in Apoc was kind of a step down from X2 Kurt in that regard sadly. Apoc's makeup was for the most part decent but his costume and shape was what was more off/different. As hated as that Apoc is by some, I don't think he deserves mention here like Juggernaut, the last F4's Dr Doom, and some of them others do. *shudder*

Ya no doubt Apoc wasn't the best, especially in productions stills and photos, but Singer filmed some shots with angles and lighting that made him legitimately look intimidating and terrifying on occasion. Jugs and Doom from Fant4stic sucked on another level.

I'll also say the DoFP and Apoc costumes for the X-Men team members were solid IMO especially compared to X1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.