bats v cap--same opponent competition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
okay, so a slightly different contest between bats and cap. each of them faces off against each of the following 6 opponents:

doc ock
luke cage
venom
psylocke
thing
reed richards

not a gauntlet. they fight all 6, one at a time. who has the better record at the end? fights are 2/3 each in an abandoned city setting. each fight won is worth a point so they can lose the match but still earn a point. who wins?

DarkSaint85
Cap being from the same universe gives him an edge, imo.

Bats tends to do poorly against people he meets for the same time.

leonidas
huh. k, then assume they both have the same starting knowledge.

spetznaz
In my opinion, this is an unfair fight. Why? Because you have two characters that have different ways of approaching a situation. Both can use amazing physical abilities (with Cap having a higher stat advantage), both have astounding tactical minds.

But Steve is largely limited to his shield, while Bruce has access to other technologies.

Some of the characters listed would be difficult for a peak human (Bruce) or Low-super-human (Steve) character to defeat using only physical abilities.

I'd say Bruce, while having lower physical stats than Steve, actually has a better chance of clearing this gauntlet if both characters have the same basic knowledge of who they are facing.

Just my opinion. I tend not to think in terms of characters only being able to stand and trade blows.

emu
Is this h2h only?

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Cap being from the same universe gives him an edge, imo.

Bats tends to do poorly against people he meets for the same time.

But where are his gadgets who can hurt superman in this match? If it can hurt superman this will probably OHKO most of the list.

DarkSaint85
He still has them,but not knowing what he can use handicaps him.....he holds back, because you obviously don't use weaponry that can take Grundy etc down, against normal thugs, right?

Until he knows what he's up against (even metas), he holds back. See how his fight against Emperor Penguin went.

Although, you're right...he used them against Superman their first meeting.

I understand that your post was a bit salty, and possibly (!) a bit sarcastic lol, but everything I posted, had MULTIPLE scans to back it up.

Have a problem? Well that's DC wank for you

leonidas
Originally posted by spetznaz
In my opinion, this is an unfair fight. Why? Because you have two characters that have different ways of approaching a situation. Both can use amazing physical abilities (with Cap having a higher stat advantage), both have astounding tactical minds.

But Steve is largely limited to his shield, while Bruce has access to other technologies.

Some of the characters listed would be difficult for a peak human (Bruce) or Low-super-human (Steve) character to defeat using only physical abilities.

I'd say Bruce, while having lower physical stats than Steve, actually has a better chance of clearing this gauntlet if both characters have the same basic knowledge of who they are facing.

Just my opinion. I tend not to think in terms of characters only being able to stand and trade blows.

well, cap has always relied on just his shield, while bats has always had his tech, but many (most?) still think cap would beat bats in a 1on1 battle. and certainly cap has done all right for himself with just his shield....

i think all the characters would be tough for either of them to beat, and they would definitely take different approaches. bats could be more offensively potent with some of his weapons, but cap would be more difficult to hit imo. and the shield can be used to for some pretty solid offense if steve is interested in really trying to injure someone.

tbh, i'm not sure who would win this little contest. not even sure how many points either could gather. which of course is the point of the thread.

spetznaz
Originally posted by leonidas
well, cap has always relied on just his shield, while bats has always had his tech, but many (most?) still think cap would beat bats in a 1on1 battle. and certainly cap has done all right for himself with just his shield....

i think all the characters would be tough for either of them to beat, and they would definitely take different approaches. bats could be more offensively potent with some of his weapons, but cap would be more difficult to hit imo. and the shield can be used to for some pretty solid offense if steve is interested in really trying to injure someone.

tbh, i'm not sure who would win this little contest. not even sure how many points either could gather. which of course is the point of the thread.

I hear you.

My point is as follows - first of all I am one of those that think Steve can beat Bruce in a one-on-one hand-to-hand battle. Steve is basically an amped Bruce physically.

Yet I think Bruce has the advantage here, because he has technology that can take down these characters while Steve only has his shield.

For example, since as stated both characters have basic knowledge, Bruce has (to use one example) high level sonics that can be used against Venom.

Steve only has his physicality and his shield.

Another example - we have seen Bruce use explosives on the eyes of an Amazo, which may work against Thing.

Bruce has used mini psi-dampeners against psychics, which may work against Psylocke.

My point is simple - while I believe that in a H2H fight Steve is Bruce's superior, I think that Bruce has a much higher chance of POTENTIALLY clearing this than Steve has ...especially since Steve will be relying on, again, his physicality and shield.

There are several characters there that that will not be enough.

Philosophía
okay, so a slightly different contest between bats and cap. each of them faces off against each of the following 6 opponents:

doc ock
luke cage
venom
psylocke
thing
reed richards

not a gauntlet. they fight all 6, one at a time. who has the better record at the end? fights are 2/3 each in an abandoned city setting. each fight won is worth a point so they can lose the match but still earn a point. who wins?

Batman is easily more equipped to fight them than Cap.

Bruce is basically a walking high-tech military/chemical laboratory.

Bruce wins them all, while I see Cap only winning against Luke Cage and Psylocke, and even that is a maybe.

leonidas
you think bruce takes 2/3 from each? hmm, not sure about that. pretty sure venom is immune to sonics nowadays, btw. anyway, since this seems to come up so often in matches, what would you say is batman's 'typical' gear? me, i'd say a couple batarangs, a couple explosive charges capable of harming a high meta character, rope, some gas for ninja moving, likely some acid and a grappling hook perhaps and lights, maybe a laser that could do some damage. did i miss anything? you think he'd have more of something?

honestly, there should be a definitive list for vs matches purposes he is in so people have a general idea.

given that as his gear, you think he can win these? who's the toughest challenge? funny i figured psylocke would be one of the tougher matches for both given her tk abilities.

i think i'd give points as follows:

cap:

ock 1pt
cage 2pts
venom 0pts
psylocke 1pt
thing 0pt
reed 1pt

that gives cap 5pts total

bats:

ock 2pts
cage 2 pts
venom 0pts
psylocke 1pt
ben 0pt
reed 2 pts

for a total of 7pts. i think the gas and explosives are the difference makers for the most part, but it's still reasonably close in my mind. i don't think either would take more than a couple out of 10 vs ben and venom would be a huge challenge.

DarkSaint85
you think bruce takes 2/3 from each? hmm, not sure about that. pretty sure venom is immune to sonics nowadays, btw. anyway, since this seems to come up so often in matches, what would you say is batman's 'typical' gear? me, i'd say a couple batarangs, a couple explosive charges capable of harming a high meta character, rope, some gas for ninja moving, likely some acid and a grappling hook perhaps and lights, maybe a laser that could do some damage. did i miss anything? you think he'd have more of something?

At the BAREST minimum:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/detectivecomics937-batmanutilitybeltitems.jpg

Plus sleep gas, tranqs, sonics, freeze capsules, tasers.

Philosophía

Gas
Smoke grenades
Flashbangs
Grapnel Gun
Tasers
Lasers
Electrical Batarangs
Acid Batarangs
Liquid nitrogen capsules
Sonics
Heat Batarangs/gadgets
Tranquilizer darts
Magnetic batarangs/gadgets
Explosive batarangs/devices

He's used all of these in the heat of the battle without prior preparation.

DarkSaint85
Plus rocket boots, sonics in his boots,gas in his cowl,am pretty sure his cape is also weaponised,his gauntlets,lockpicks and acid capsules hidden in calluses on his body etc etc....

Philosophía
Plus rocket boots, sonics in his boots,gas in his cowl,am pretty sure his cape is also weaponised,his gauntlets,lockpicks and acid capsules hidden in calluses on his body etc etc.... thumb up

....multi-wavelength vision , central processor in the batcowl with direct access to the batcave computer, echo location, highly-durable and bulletproof costume...

celeyhyga17
gas in his cowl
Gas in his butt.
Gas in his mouth.
Gas in his gas.

spetznaz
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Gas in his butt.
Gas in his mouth.
Gas in his gas.

Actually, he had a false tooth that was a gas capsule

Vanguard
I generally put Cap over Batman even with his gadgets. Physically superior and basically just as skilled. Batman is good, Cap is better.

Flyattractor
Doesn't "Modern Cap" now also have a Healing Factor to some impressive degree? And in KMC threads. HF is one of the Biggest Trump Cards.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by spetznaz
Actually, he had a false tooth that was a gas capsule
Oh shiet! Nice. thumb up

Flyattractor
As often as Batman gets punched in the mouth it is amazing has any of his real teeth left.

emu
So it's not hand to hand. Utility belt stomps, as always

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by emu
So it's not hand to hand. Utility belt stomps, as always

Well....yeah.

That's like saying Eurgh, Tony Stark only wins because he has that suit....GL only wins because of that ring etc etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.