How many dofp sentinels can each guy take

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Luke Cage
Spiderman
Lizard
Rhino
Abomination
Sandman
Magneto (Xmen Apoc)
Apocolypse
Jean Grey
Quicksilver (xmen)
Flash
Supergirl
Kurse
Thor
Hulk
Dr. Strange
Wonder Woman

John Murdoch
Movie sentinels with their powersets at the onset of DoFP that can only adapt to mutants right? And of course barring PIS?

Quicksilver and Doctor Strange w/ Eye of Agamotto should be infinite/however many it takes to get to the source of Sentinel production and shut it all down.

DoFP seemed to imply that the Sents couldn't adapt the powers of characters like Magneto and Storm, in which case Apoc and Mags cleanse the earth of them as well. Jean with Phoenix Force yes, without no. If Sentinels can adapt, eventually they get Mags, Apoc, and Jean, but, again, they didn't show the ability to adapt to them, which means Magneto and Apoc have shields and Jean does her disintegration thing.

Should Flash and Supergirl clear as well? Yes. From what I've seen and in accordance with their jobbing, no.

Thor should be able to decimate hundreds including their flying carrier things with lightning storms and tornadoes and such. Don't know how he'll handle being surrounded by 10 foot tall machines with blades for arms, but he handled the Destroyer with no problems. Could clear them all if he uses mjolnir and his powerset to the max, could clear in the hundreds/thousands.

Not sure if the Sentinels can kill Kurse though, he's tanked a whole lot of stuff and is the only on-screen character to completely dominate Thor. He could just slog his way through hundreds of these dudes, or get stabbed and ripped apart by a handful of Sents if they have the strength to do so with their arm blades.

Hulk and Abomination as well could anywhere from around a couple dozen to 50-100 or so, but eventually get overwhelmed as they're all up close and personal. Again, depends on if they just go into a swarm of Sents or if they hop around dismantling a few here-and-there. I see Wonder Woman doing these kinds of numbers, plus she can possibly do the overload bracelet clap after blocking the face lasers to wipe out several at a time with an AoE attack.

They won't be hitting Spider-Man anytime soon, he can pick them apart with webbing and slinging them against each other, but he either gets tagged after tens or hundreds of them pour in against him or he finds a secluded sewer or abandoned building to go live out his life in solitude.

Sandman can probably pound 10-20 into scrap, but as soon as the Sentinels switch tactics to laser-facing him or using ice or fire or whatever they come standard with, Sandman falls.

Lizard can maybe take out 3-5, max like 10. Lizard's healing factor gets overwhelmed by Sentinel power projection (laser-facing, flames, ice, or whatever) to the point of disintegration or where the Sentinels dissect him like a frog in a classroom.

Luke Cage gets overwhelmed quickly. He may take out a couple. The Sentinels at the end took a Colossus teleport dive from like 200+ feet in the air. They got knocked down and possibly destroyed (be awhile since I've seen DoFP), but Luke ain't generating that kind of force on command. Might take them awhile to crush, beat down, laser-face Luke, but it happens sooner or later with only a couple Sentinel casualties.

Rhino shoots a few then gets bumrushed/laser-faced to death.

Note: Very fast and loose synopsis of how the fights would go between each opponent vs the Sents would go. A little conjecture in there as well. Feel free to elaborate or call me a dummy for not saying Kurse soloez.

John Murdoch
Wow. That's by far my longest post ever on KMC. Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed with myself.

K-Dog
Good analysis. Personally I think the lower end muscle like Cage and Spider-Man and even lizard get taken down quickly cuz those things punched Colossus down to his knees even before transforming to metal form.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Wow. That's by far my longest post ever on KMC. Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed with myself.

laughing

Pretty good quick analysis, and kudos for putting in the effort as well. Whenever I see lists that long, I mentally deflate, because I know how long the resulting post will have to be.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by K-Dog
Good analysis. Personally I think the lower end muscle like Cage and Spider-Man and even lizard get taken down quickly cuz those things punched Colossus down to his knees even before transforming to metal form.

Thanks and agreed on the lower end muscle point K-Dog. I was being a little generous with Cage, Lizard, and Spidey.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
laughing

Pretty good quick analysis, and kudos for putting in the effort as well. Whenever I see lists that long, I mentally deflate, because I know how long the resulting post will have to be.

Thanks as well, Vault. I think we can all just call it good right there haha.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by K-Dog

Well it's not gonna be easy landing a punch in Spider-Man.

K-Dog
It would be impossible for them to tag Spider-Man one on one, now if they swarm in like both scenes in xmen DOFP, he would not be able to concentrate on one in a manner to destroy even one.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Movie sentinels with their powersets at the onset of DoFP that can only adapt to mutants right? And of course barring PIS?

Quicksilver and Doctor Strange w/ Eye of Agamotto should be infinite/however many it takes to get to the source of Sentinel production and shut it all down.

DoFP seemed to imply that the Sents couldn't adapt the powers of characters like Magneto and Storm, in which case Apoc and Mags cleanse the earth of them as well. Jean with Phoenix Force yes, without no. If Sentinels can adapt, eventually they get Mags, Apoc, and Jean, but, again, they didn't show the ability to adapt to them, which means Magneto and Apoc have shields and Jean does her disintegration thing.

Should Flash and Supergirl clear as well? Yes. From what I've seen and in accordance with their jobbing, no.

Thor should be able to decimate hundreds including their flying carrier things with lightning storms and tornadoes and such. Don't know how he'll handle being surrounded by 10 foot tall machines with blades for arms, but he handled the Destroyer with no problems. Could clear them all if he uses mjolnir and his powerset to the max, could clear in the hundreds/thousands.

Not sure if the Sentinels can kill Kurse though, he's tanked a whole lot of stuff and is the only on-screen character to completely dominate Thor. He could just slog his way through hundreds of these dudes, or get stabbed and ripped apart by a handful of Sents if they have the strength to do so with their arm blades.

Hulk and Abomination as well could anywhere from around a couple dozen to 50-100 or so, but eventually get overwhelmed as they're all up close and personal. Again, depends on if they just go into a swarm of Sents or if they hop around dismantling a few here-and-there. I see Wonder Woman doing these kinds of numbers, plus she can possibly do the overload bracelet clap after blocking the face lasers to wipe out several at a time with an AoE attack.

They won't be hitting Spider-Man anytime soon, he can pick them apart with webbing and slinging them against each other, but he either gets tagged after tens or hundreds of them pour in against him or he finds a secluded sewer or abandoned building to go live out his life in solitude.

Sandman can probably pound 10-20 into scrap, but as soon as the Sentinels switch tactics to laser-facing him or using ice or fire or whatever they come standard with, Sandman falls.

Lizard can maybe take out 3-5, max like 10. Lizard's healing factor gets overwhelmed by Sentinel power projection (laser-facing, flames, ice, or whatever) to the point of disintegration or where the Sentinels dissect him like a frog in a classroom.

Luke Cage gets overwhelmed quickly. He may take out a couple. The Sentinels at the end took a Colossus teleport dive from like 200+ feet in the air. They got knocked down and possibly destroyed (be awhile since I've seen DoFP), but Luke ain't generating that kind of force on command. Might take them awhile to crush, beat down, laser-face Luke, but it happens sooner or later with only a couple Sentinel casualties.

Rhino shoots a few then gets bumrushed/laser-faced to death.

Note: Very fast and loose synopsis of how the fights would go between each opponent vs the Sents would go. A little conjecture in there as well. Feel free to elaborate or call me a dummy for not saying Kurse soloez.

I'm not going to go though it all, but there is ALOT wrong here with what you are saying, but you do admit that you havent seen the movie in a while, so its to be expected...

1st off, the movie NEVER implied that the Future Sentinels couldnt adapt to Storm or Magneto; infact the movie states the direct opposite when it directly tells us that the FS's can adapt to ANY mutant power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvLrSLilFE

The above completely debunks your idea that Apoc or Jean beating them all as well...

2nd Mags has no prayer of cleansing the Earth of Sentinels; Mags was terrified and completely incapable of beating two Future Sentinels:

Storm, with her normal human durability, gets killed by a Future Sentinel in a single hit btw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFb5KWp9pCk

As for the numbers of Future Sentinels that some of the others you think could take out (like Sandman...lol), I strongly disagree with you.

Future Sentinels arent pathetic Avenger enemies like Ultron Clones or Chitauri...

Future Sentinels can withstand great punishment and respond with lethal force...

Maybe you need to watch the FS's 1st appearance; maybe you'll reconsider your numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2qnGg_SSs

TheLordofMurder
Finally lets consider something that the DoFP story directly gave us...

The Future Sentinels dominated the planet Earth and had driven the entire mutant race (millions of mutants) to the brink of extinction...

With that in mind, do you really think a hero or two could defeat them all!?

Well what you think some of them could do, didnt happen in the movie and if definitely didnt happen in the comic...

In the comics, the FS's killed Thor...

They killed Quicksilver...

They killed the Hulk...

It only took two Future Sentienls to kill Jean...

All in all, I think you vastly underestimate how lethal and deadly the Future Sentinels are John Murdock...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Luke Cage-0
Spiderman-0 (Spiderman has no chance against a FS's Fire Form; it beats him eventually)
Lizard-0
Rhino-0
Abomination-0
Sandman-0
Magneto (Xmen Apoc)-0
Apocolypse-10
Jean Grey-8
Quicksilver (xmen)-10
Flash-10
Supergirl-havent watched her show.
Kurse-5
Thor-8
Hulk-8
Dr. Strange-there is no prep in a forum fight, so-0
Wonder Woman-8

I'm putting my numbers in your post...

0 means a single Future Sentinel solo's...

TethAdamTheRock
I think abomination can at least take 2-3

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I think abomination can at least take 2-3

You sure about that? Look at what 2 of them are capable of...

Note: they did this WITHOUT amping their strength via adaptation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hev2hu0LUcg

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Finally lets consider something that the DoFP story directly gave us...

The Future Sentinels dominated the planet Earth and had driven the entire mutant race (millions of mutants) to the brink of extinction...

With that in mind, do you really think a hero or two could defeat them all!?

Well what you think some of them could do, didnt happen in the movie and if definitely didnt happen in the comic...

In the comics, the FS's killed Thor...

They killed Quicksilver...

They killed the Hulk...

It only took two Future Sentienls to kill Jean...

All in all, I think you vastly underestimate how lethal and deadly the Future Sentinels are John Murdock...

This is why I don't do uber-long posts, man haha. I stand by my analysis; the only thing I don't know about are the numbers. However, I'll counter with a few points:

- The comic sentinels would erase these heroes from the histories, but this ain't the comics. The comics have no bearing here. That means any character without a X-Gene is immune to their mimicry.

- Storm isn't in the fight, but I brought her up - as well as the examples from the film of the other mutants that are a paygrade above mutants like Colossus and Iceman and the like - because the Sentinels killed her by stabbing her, not mimicking her weather manipulation powers. Mags got killed by debris. Bishop was overloaded by a combined flower face-laser attack. That's why I say that if Magneto from X-Men: Apocalypse (the movie version specified in the OP) uses his metal manipulation along with shields to attack the Sentinels, or if Apoc has his shields active along with his matter manipulation and disintegration, or if Jean is using Phoenix force they knock out hundreds to thousands to legions of them. The Sentinels showed by feats in the movie that they had to combat folks like Mags and Storm by other means than directly mimicking their powers. This goes with the last point: only movie feats, and dialogue cannot trump feats in this forum.

- The hardest calls I made (and I tend to agree with you on these heroes coming up) are Kurse, Hulk, Abom, and Wonder Woman. Can they take out a few? Several? A dozen? The question comes down to how their durability holds up when they charge into a group of a dozen or two sentinels, as Kurse, Hulk, and Abom will most likely do this or jump around grabbing and punching some and then jumping here and there. You are right, in that the Chitauri and Ultron clones are garbage compared to the sentinels, though. Also, Diana has the Doomsday ray block and, later, her dismemberment of him with her sword as big pluses, but if she's having trouble with WWI Germans or whatever in her upcoming film, the sentinels will get her pretty quickly. Your eight number for her I'll agree with for now.

- I won't even try to comment on Barry or Kara's chances. WAY too all over the place. If top-end Barry shows up, they should be close to statues like people/mutants were with Evan Peters' Quicksilver in the DoFP and Apoc, and, thus, their world is his oyster. However, we see him job too much against much lower-caliber opponents. I haven't seen enough of Supergirl to comment, truthfully. My wife watched some of it, and from what I gathered, Kara's got a case of the jobbings just like Barry in The Flash.

- They'll have a lot of trouble tagging Spider-Man, but they'll get him eventually. The main question with him is does he pick apart a few here-and-there or does he get overwhelmed and gets a goose egg? I lean towards goose egg.

- Lower end muscle/tech guys like Lizard, Cage, and Rhino get stomped, just a matter of do they take a couple with them or not. They probably get goose eggs.

- Sorry, I can say the Sentinels may get Quicksilver if he stands still for like 10 minute-long periods at a time while he is pretending that they have hair to style it or putting ballcaps on them or something similar, but if he's going all-out trying to take them all down, I don't see how they ever catch him. They'll be statues to him. All the X-Men reacted to them fine until they either A) adapted to their powers, B) overwhelmed them with sheer numbers, C) surprise attacked them, or D) a combo of all the above. It may take him days (no pun intended), but he'll at least eventually come up with enough ways to dismantle legions of them. If he tires out (not seen on screen yet), they can get him. If not, I don't see how he doesn't cartoon-speed his way to their manufacturing centers and takes them out. I see a montage of him taking out Sentinel factories, sipping Tab, and moonwalking whilst growing a ZZ Top beard and listening to "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls. He then walks out victorious with a quip.

John Murdoch
TL;DR:
- Comics don't count. X-Gene only for power mimicry.
- Don't see how Sentinels deal with matter/earth-altering metal manipulation and shields from Apoc and Mags.
- Jean dies without Phoenix, with she destroys a crapton.
- Heavy hitters like Hulk and Kurse are hard to call. Maybe a few, several, or a couple dozen.
- Spider-Man avoids them like the plague but gets hit sooner or later.
- Lizard, Cage, and Rhino die with zeroes to their name.
- Don't see how they beat Fox QS unless he gets tired, bored, or clowns around for hours on end.

- Forgot to mention that Thor does the best by far from the non-X-Men guys. Also, without Eye of Agamotto, Strange dies horribly; with it, he dies horribly many many times before Groundhog-daying his way to victory.

TheLordofMurder
@John Murdoch

Based on what you say, would it be accurate to say that you've never seen the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past?

Because if you saw it, then you'd know that Future Sentinels arent limited to adapting to mutant powers...

Everyone on the OP list falls to them...

All of them and none of them are immune to the Future Sentinels power; watch the Rogue Cut to understand why, or I can just tell you since you apparently dont know why...

The comicbook versions of the Future Sentinels arent needed in the least to clear those in the OP...

psycho gundam
To be fair, the sentinel's power was to modify their own bodies to counter opponents, not to grant themselves with powers like say Magneto or Prof. Xavier have. To counter Magneto I imagine they'd turn into some kind of plastic or something

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by psycho gundam
To be fair, the sentinel's power was to modify their own bodies to counter opponents, not to grant themselves with powers like say Magneto or Prof. Xavier have. To counter Magneto I imagine they'd turn into some kind of plastic or something

You do know that there are metals that are non-magnetic?

Turning into plastic isnt necessary...

K-Dog
So what is the best speculation on how the Sentinel powers work? One of them turns ice cold to counter sunspots hours, and does it in a way that is too powerful and kills him. A different one turns red hot all over and Melts through that steel door that ice man tries to keep frozen solid. And a different one in the other scene with ice man, turns red hot all over and overpowers his ice powers and kills him. So Either these things are actually physically changing biological tissue into real mutant powers, or they just have a extreme mechanical temperature modification system. And then the way they can stretch their arms into swords, if that was a plastic, you would have to melt it and re-form it then melt and reshape it into a hand. If it was the middle, metals are malleable, so you could melt it in reshape it or somehow subject it to high levels of mechanical stress and reshape it or something, but if it was Metal, magneto could control it. Unless it was some type of non-magnetic metal, as someone noted. I tend to believe they are part machine, part living tissue with mutant DNA in a very advanced combination, with the living tissue being the predominant one. When colossus fought them, they appeared to change into metal just like him, in the manner we saw the first colossus from the second X-Men movie. It does not appear that the Sentinel is just somehow mimicking him, because it looks like it's actually turning into metal. Just like he can. I think it is actually biological tissue that is copying their hours, probably incorporating their DNA after touching them. I know the mutant mystique was the one used to base their powers from, but that doesn't mean that the scientist guy could not have taken things a step further. Obviously these things are extremely advanced and complex with Advanced genius level engineering and genetic engineering.

Henry_Pym
Thor and Kurse are probably in the lead, as it is questionable to if the Sentinels can hurt them.

Hulk and Abom can be hurt but Hulk would require an organized plan to go down.

The mutants all get killed, it is literally the Sentinels powerset. Jean and Apoc might be a no limits exception imho

Spidey guys die horribly.

Flash can dodge them for a while but I don't think he can repeatedly phases and kill over and over for long. Strange is in a similar position where he has the ability but has not shown the stamina to keep it up.

I don't watch Supergirl and I'll wait till I see WW to speculate on her. She might be in the Thor or Hulk camps.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@John Murdoch

Based on what you say, would it be accurate to say that you've never seen the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past?

Because if you saw it, then you'd know that Future Sentinels arent limited to adapting to mutant powers...

Everyone on the OP list falls to them...

All of them and none of them are immune to the Future Sentinels power; watch the Rogue Cut to understand why, or I can just tell you since you apparently dont know why...

The comicbook versions of the Future Sentinels arent needed in the least to clear those in the OP...

Dangit man, I haven't. I knew from the trailers that Anna Paquin had filmed scenes beyond the "Hi, Logan!" shot from the current day finale in DoFP, and I read about the Rogue Cut, but never have seen it to this day.

If they truly have the adapt to any opposition technological DNA type of powerset, I concede my above points and would have to rethink my answers. I'd need to watch the Rogue Cut I suppose.

Never challenge TLoM on his home turf with the Sentinels. Add that to Vizzini's list of "nevers" from The Princess Bride.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.