battle of conceit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
who is the most arrogant hero in their respective universes? who's the one hero you'd love to see slapped down the most, not because you simply dislike them as heroes, but because they are simply so full of themselves that you simply can not stand them.

my personal pick: panther. he's #1 with a bullet in either universe for me. i can barely stomach reading the ultimates because he's part of the team. dude makes doom look like gandhi. it annoys me tbh, because i used to enjoy the character before he got this ridiculous push. there are a couple others for me (some obvious, others less so), but i don't want to steal too much thunder. love to hear some of yours.

-Pr-
I could write an essay about it, but for the sake of brevity, I'll keep it short:

Jean Grey.

By no means a perfect character, and she stars in some really, really good arcs, but the insane double standard applied to her characterisation over the years ****ing boggles the mind. She constantly gets away with shit that she will literally call other people out for, and when she's the one doing shit, nobody's calling her out.

I really hope that when Marvel brings her back, they show that she's grown and isn't the awful, awful woman she used to be.

riv6672
Black Panther.

celeyhyga17
Bruce. I think he's even more arrogant than T'Challa. Namor in Marvel. No contest.

emu
Apocalypse.

Or leech.... arrogant piece of shit.

deathslash
Namor. Guy's a complete douche, always thinks he's right, hardly ever takes the advice of others.

SamZED
Originally posted by -Pr-
I could write an essay about it, but for the sake of brevity, I'll keep it short:

Jean Grey.

By no means a perfect character, and she stars in some really, really good arcs, but the insane double standard applied to her characterisation over the years ****ing boggles the mind. She constantly gets away with shit that she will literally call other people out for, and when she's the one doing shit, nobody's calling her out.

I really hope that when Marvel brings her back, they show that she's grown and isn't the awful, awful woman she used to be. Can you elaborate please? It was a dick move when she outted Bobby. Anything else?

Stoic
Reed Richards, and Tony Stark are the douches douche. What they did to Sakaar was inexcusable. I think that the Hulk should have caved both of their chests in. If I were the Hulk I would have never stopped making them pay. The guy had a great life, and suddenly boom... They couldn't take the chance that he'd come back to exact vengeance upon them.

The Black Goliath debacle still pinches me the wrong way, with how nonchalantly Reed excused his error with the Thor clone. He should have been put in jail.

Stark's approach to the first Civil War served to shed light on exactly how much of a prick that he can be.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope that when Marvel brings her back, they show that she's grown and isn't the awful, awful woman she used to be.

You're acting as if she was doing some interracial gangbang scenes behind Scott's back...

Issue? vin

Bentley
Batman is the biggest jerk in comicdom.

StiltmanFTW
Think you mean Superman.

spetznaz
I honestly think that if these 'heroes' were real, that they'd all be absolutely unrelateable to normal humans. Many of them would have godly abilities (imagine a Wonderwoman or a Blue Marvel) type, and by their very nature would come across as cold and aloof. After all, what would we be to them? At best, farm animals that need to be cared for and tended to. At worst, insects ....fragile in every way.

In Justice you could see how even superheroes would look at Superman and Captain Marvel with a mix of awe and fear. Especially when Cap Marvel would have his broad smile ...absolutely frightening.

And then you'd have the 'human' types - who would even be more arrogant than the powers. Imagine how someone like Bruce Wayne would look at you. He's a billionaire, a mental polymath with IQ scores that are stratospheric in multiple disciplines, he has astounding fighting capability, and he has honed his body to the epitome of human perfection. To the point that even when it comes to healing he's rather do it the old fashioned way than use a mother box.

And there you are eating a hotdog.

Now imagine T'Challa ...like Batman, but now king. Or Reed Richards ...or Tony Stark. Or Von Doom?

Or Ozymandias

All of these guys would be absolute monsters. The powers seeing themselves as literal gods, and the human heroes seeing themselves as our betters since they have made themselves perfect while most of humanity is comprised of slouches.

Bentley
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Think you mean Superman.

Superman is pretty dickish on occasion but he doesn't have a frigging buttler on his payroll in 2017.

Nevermind the fact the guy is pretty much his dad and still does his dishes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Superman is pretty dickish on occasion but he doesn't have a frigging buttler on his payroll in 2017.

Superman is a primitive peasant with no education whose favourite activity is raping goats on Pa Kent's farm, how is it any better...?

Bentley
Superman is a primitive peasant with no education whose favourite activity is raping goats on Pa Kent's farm, how is it any better...?

You were supposed to give reasons for Kal to be a dick, not argue as one yourself.

StiltmanFTW
www.superdickery.tumblr.com

wuleecat
Originally posted by spetznaz
I honestly think that if these 'heroes' were real, that they'd all be absolutely unrelateable to normal humans. Many of them would have godly abilities (imagine a Wonderwoman or a Blue Marvel) type, and by their very nature would come across as cold and aloof. After all, what would we be to them? At best, farm animals that need to be cared for and tended to. At worst, insects ....fragile in every way.

In Justice you could see how even superheroes would look at Superman and Captain Marvel with a mix of awe and fear. Especially when Cap Marvel would have his broad smile ...absolutely frightening.

And then you'd have the 'human' types - who would even be more arrogant than the powers. Imagine how someone like Bruce Wayne would look at you. He's a billionaire, a mental polymath with IQ scores that are stratospheric in multiple disciplines, he has astounding fighting capability, and he has honed his body to the epitome of human perfection. To the point that even when it comes to healing he's rather do it the old fashioned way than use a mother box.

And there you are eating a hotdog.

Now imagine T'Challa ...like Batman, but now king. Or Reed Richards ...or Tony Stark. Or Von Doom?

Or Ozymandias

All of these guys would be absolute monsters. The powers seeing themselves as literal gods, and the human heroes seeing themselves as our betters since they have made themselves perfect while most of humanity is comprised of slouches.

Damn, that is a fine piece of exposition there.

I know it's only comics, so why do I suddenly feel a bit depressed? I think I'll go and get a hotdog...

wuleecat
My vote goes to Mr Terrific.

For a start, there's the name. Please. By rights, EVERY issue should have some other character interrupting things mid-fight or whatever, simply to deal with that bit of self-importance:

" Leave it to me, team, with my awesome mega-brains and my spinning metal balls of who-gives-a-shit"

"Yeah, yeah. I just have to ask. Was it your idea, or a marketing thing, or what?"

riv6672

So having money and someone who cares about you makes you a dick.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7i636x9wH1rx84v2o1_400.gif

StiltmanFTW
What's worse, Bentley typed that while one of his subordinates was pouring him some ludicrously expensive wine.

Smh, those French...

Bentley

riv6672
Well, i thought about.

You're wrong.

Bentley
Originally posted by riv6672
Well, i thought about.

You're wrong.

What about being one of the 10% of the people who have as much money as the other 90% of the world population? Would that help Batman become a dick?

riv6672
I thought about that, too.

You're wrong.

tkitna
Namor
Comedian
Hercules
Batman

riv6672
Hercule? Interesting choice; i dont see it.

Bentley
Hercules is a good one.

I used my mad paint skillz to illustrate exactly how Batman can only be an acceptable character with all the sympathy from the comic industry:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/WhoBruceTrulyIS_zpsckj0pwvv.png

For the rest he is just a massive dick.

staxamillion
I'd say Tony Stark has been consistently douchey for a while now. for the last lil bit his whole schtick is 'im the better man, im the one that can save everyone' which segways to, 'everyone is dumber than me so no one should ever question anything I do because I can fix it'.

Doom, Kang, and namor just really think they are hot sh!t and probably ties Stark IMO because their ends usually justify their means.

DC

always thought the guardians because they made so many bad decisions for the universe unilaterally

riv6672
Hercules is a good one.

I used my mad paint skillz to illustrate exactly how Batman can only be an acceptable character with all the sympathy from the comic industry:

For the rest he is just a massive dick.
^^^Cute, but you're still wrong.

Anyhow...

Arbitrarily passing judgement on a group of ppl for the amount of money they have is wrong, whether its the 10% you're judging, or the 90%.

Bentley
Arbitrarily passing judgement on a group of ppl for the amount of money they have is wrong, whether its the 10% you're judging, or the 90%.

Agreed. Arbitrarily passing judgement in general is arbitrary.

But we are not splashing water at random (except in the choice of percentages which I used because it's a pop fact and not because I really think there is a specific problem with an amount of money held by anyone). As I mentioned earlier, money gives you objective reasons for anyone to expect more moral responsability out of you, if anything for the use you give to resources that could be improving lives etc.

It's a pretty shallow moral discussion though, things are acceptable because we accept them, morality is a social construct. I can conceive people brutally murdering every rich people because they can, but I wouldn't necessarily think their morality is better than those who allow themselves to be ruled by such scoundrels.

Bottomline, Batman is a dick because he rather spend years becoming a master ninja instead of using his resources for actual useful stuff.

leonidas
some good choices. reed was another one i had in mind. tony is the obvious one, but i guess i've always seen him as a bit different. seems to me much of his arrogance is....an act, maybe? the alcoholism was always humanizing to me. knowing that under his bluster he has to deal with that all the time. he's also had his share of catastrophic failures that limit how i see his arrogance too.

reed can be a total douche, no doubt. but he has the family thing keeping him somewhat grounded. namor has ALWAYS been a d!ck, but since that is how he was created, i find it acceptable and i've always liked namor. i def get why bats would rub people wrong. to me, panther is something else entirely though. he was such a cool character at one point but he's more robot nowadays, doing whatever the hell he wants and he's seemingly been given this marvel grace to solve any problem or beat whoever is in front of him. it's rather maddening tbh. ms america is a really cool character, but she is likely the most arrogant female character in marvel imo. now i think of it, i really dislike the ultimates in general... touted as this awesome team, when any competent version of the avengers could easily match them. interesting storylines though. /shrug

staxamillion
batman is afflicted with a psychosis which is why he sometimes gets a pass. I feel like its all Alfred can do is just keep him from going off the deep end as his will is too strong to actually receive help for his mental state.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
some good choices. reed was another one i had in mind. tony is the obvious one, but i guess i've always seen him as a bit different. seems to me much of his arrogance is....an act, maybe? the alcoholism was always humanizing to me. knowing that under his bluster he has to deal with that all the time. he's also had his share of catastrophic failures that limit how i see his arrogance too.

reed can be a total douche, no doubt. but he has the family thing keeping him somewhat grounded. namor has ALWAYS been a d!ck, but since that is how he was created, i find it acceptable and i've always liked namor. i def get why bats would rub people wrong. to me, panther is something else entirely though. he was such a cool character at one point but he's more robot nowadays, doing whatever the hell he wants and he's seemingly been given this marvel grace to solve any problem or beat whoever is in front of him. it's rather maddening tbh. ms america is a really cool character, but she is likely the most arrogant female character in marvel imo. now i think of it, i really dislike the ultimates in general... touted as this awesome team, when any competent version of the avengers could easily match them. interesting storylines though. /shrug thumb up

From Marvel, right now, it's clearly Black Panther for me.

I saw somebody mention Mr. Terrific from DC, he's a good shout.

Bentley
Originally posted by staxamillion
batman is afflicted with a psychosis which is why he sometimes gets a pass. I feel like its all Alfred can do is just keep him from going off the deep end as his will is too strong to actually receive help for his mental state.

It's hard to pass up anyone who expects to be called a hero in public as a sane person anyways big grin

deathslash
Originally posted by wuleecat
My vote goes to Mr Terrific.

For a start, there's the name. Please. By rights, EVERY issue should have some other character interrupting things mid-fight or whatever, simply to deal with that bit of self-importance:

" Leave it to me, team, with my awesome mega-brains and my spinning metal balls of who-gives-a-shit"

"Yeah, yeah. I just have to ask. Was it your idea, or a marketing thing, or what?" thought he inherited the name from the original Mr Terrific......

Digi
Now do a comparative study that compares peoples' answers to this question with their favorite superheroes. Maybe you don't like the person you think is most conceited, but I'll bet a ton of favorites are - in numerous ways - arrogant to an extent that it would be alarming if it weren't comics.

Further proof that Spider-Man is the best superhero. What mainstream A-lister stays as consistently humble? Even Cap gets on his high horse from time to time.

Philosophía
It helps that he's a beta-loser.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/2003839490.gif

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
Now do a comparative study that compares peoples' answers to this question with their favorite superheroes. Maybe you don't like the person you think is most conceited, but I'll bet a ton of favorites are - in numerous ways - arrogant to an extent that it would be alarming if it weren't comics.

Further proof that Spider-Man is the best superhero. What mainstream A-lister stays as consistently humble? Even Cap gets on his high horse from time to time.

lol i was wondering if the thread would veer in that direction, but surprisingly it hasn't, yet. and spidey is awesome. thumb up

what i'd love to see are some scans that help back some of this stuff up.

Digi
All I see in that Tobey .gif is a born winner. Don't know wtf you're talking about, Phil.

uhuh

Scans require work, leo. Aim lower. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
and spidey is awesome. thumb up

no expression

Give him a rimjob while you're at it.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/you_me_were_done_breaking_bad.gif

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
...I'll bet a ton of favorites are - in numerous ways - arrogant to an extent that it would be alarming if it weren't comics.

My fave is Ted Kord Blue Beetle. So nyah. stick out tongue

...You're wrong.

Agreed

Thats all that needs to be said.

darthgoober
It's not really the type of thing that made you hate him most of the time because he pulled it off so well, but Pre-boot Doom was in all likelyhood the most conceited character in all of comics.

Galan007
Damian Wayne.

I loathe that little f*cker. srsly

Bentley
Thats all that needs to be said.

Ok, that wouldn't make your opinion right though so if it's all that needs to be said you're implicitly admitting your wrongness.

Happy Dance

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Damian Wayne.

he's a good one...

riv6672
Ok, that wouldn't make your opinion right though so if it's all that needs to be said you're implicitly admitting your wrongness.

Happy Dance
Wrong again.

You have great stamina. You never tire of being wrong.

wuleecat
Originally posted by Galan007
Damian Wayne.

Ooh, good choice. He really is a loathsome little turd, isn't he?

Then again, he was raised to think that the sun shines out of his arse, so it's not really his fault is it?

Still, he needs a good slap.

Bentley
Wrong again.

You have great stamina. You never tire of being wrong.

No amount of wrongs of you will amount into a right. By your own confession (and practice?) that's the only kind of discussion you'll hold here. So... Concession accepted I guess.

riv6672
Even your guesses are wrong.
You seem incapable of just admitting that your argument, 'Bruce is rich, so he's a dick' was wrong.
Then you generalized it into something along the lines of 'the 10% are rich, so theyre dicks', which i pointed out was as wrong as generalizing the 90% as dicks because they arent rich.

Now you're talking in circles and trying to get a 'win' here, because thats what you (make flawed arguments, has them pointed out, cant deal with it, yet cant let it go) do.
I'd say thats what someone like you does, but i dont want to generalize. smile

Aaaaanyhow, i see by the lack of new responses this one's run its course, and since you arent going to change your mind/come up with anything like a decent argument, i'm done with this thread.

Pls remember, in regards to the OP:
Black Panther.

Bentley
Chill mate big grin

You seem incapable of just admitting that your argument, 'Bruce is rich, so he's a dick' was wrong.

I didn't mean to defend that argument, as a matter of fact I've stated several times already that this is wrong thumb up

Being intellectually honest then I went to explain why the argument is wrong. It matters in reference to my original comment (comparing Superman to Batman), because social status constitutes an important difference between the two characters and hence to their moral positioning.

That's somehow talking in circles sad

leonidas
d!ck i nominate bentley no expression

Bentley
d!ck i nominate bentley no expression

I nominate you back <3

TheHulkster
For the three or so who chose T'Challa. Can you give examples of his conceit or arrogance? The scans below seem to contradict this.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c9/b4/cc/c9b4cceac405f6e53345d40a9a0f0302.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/28inx2q.jpg

http://worldofblackheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/new-avengers-20-3.jpg

leonidas
again, pre-sw bp. all you have to do is read the ultimates to get a sense of his arrogance now. it was very apparent before sw, but seems to have gotten even worse since. and of course he'll have some nice-guy showings. every hero does. but in general he's a total douchebag lately. at least imo.

TheHulkster
Well, I would judge him more on his ongoing than a book where he is a team member. His own book is about self reflexion and Coates admits moving away from the emotionless king tha Priest established. He even undoes Priest's established reason for T,Challa joins Avengers.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--__xYurXy--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/r4jeyuh4nduedcquo0bb.png

Even in Ultimates, the only arrogance I see from him is an arrogance for the team as opposed to arrogance for himself. He never puts himself out as above the team.

The irony of this is that the reason Wakanda suffers so much while T'Challa is away is that Suri is so much more of an arrogant ruler than T'Challa.

leonidas
meh, we'll agree to disagree. he's #1 with a bullet for me. in the ultimates even carol would love to see him lose. that says more than enough for me.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SamZED
Can you elaborate please? It was a dick move when she outted Bobby. Anything else?

You're acting as if she was doing some interracial gangbang scenes behind Scott's back...

Issue? vin

lol. Actually I take it back. Arrogance isn't the word.

"Selfish, probably a tad narcissistic ****" isn't really what the OP was asking for.

==

Batman is pretty arrogant though. Might not be the most arrogant, but he's still arrogant to an extent.

basilisk
Black Panther and Jean Grey are pretty good choices.

Some other contenders or runners up would be:

Cyclops in douche mode, though like Panther he didn't used to be like that.
Damien Wayne - but he's still just a kid, so there is room to grow up a bit.
Tony in douche mode - also didn't used to quite be that way, and as has been pointed out, some of it comes across as an act, almost a shield.
Reed in douche mode - another guy who could always be a bit distant but was still a good person at heart, but for some reason the writers turned into a total douche at times.
Namor - well he's another douche really. I liked him more when he was written with arrogance but some nobility and honor to go with it.
Kitty Pryde - another X-person who can be annoying as hell at times. A lot of X-characters can be like that actually.

DarkSaint85
Constantine.

leonidas
eww, he's a good one. can't believe i didn't think of him... thumb up

TheHulkster
meh, we'll agree to disagree. he's #1 with a bullet for me. in the ultimates even carol would love to see him lose. that says more than enough for me.

Of course she is joking and is based on him practically always having the winning solution. Like Batman. And he even jokenly responds.

TheHulkster
To me, it has always been Namor. He's an a hole.

leonidas
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Of course she is joking and is based on him practically always having the winning solution. Like Batman. And he even jokenly responds.

what makes you think she was joking exactly? not like carol likes him at all after the sh!t he pulled in the first ultimates series... i'm convinced she'd love to see him get his a$$ kicked. maybe not right then, but yeah. she'd be happy watching someone tool him up, no doubt.

StiltmanFTW
"I CREATED MY ARMOR BEFORE PUBERTY" - T'Shit to Doom

"I WON'T SHARE CURE FOR CANCER CAUSE IT'S MINEEEE" - T'Shit to Doom

"I SPY ON AVENGERS CAUSE I CAAAAAN" - T'Shit to Tony

"I WAS FINE, LOGAAAAN!" - T'Shit to Logan after the latter saved his life from Creed

Rao Kal El
Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne.

They need to get humbled on their respective habilities.

Specially Reed and Wayne.

Vanguard
Black Panther.

I've figured it out. You don't like him because he kicks Namors ass.

Vanguard

my personal pick: panther. he's #1 with a bullet in either universe for me. i can barely stomach reading the ultimates because he's part of the team. dude makes doom look like gandhi. it annoys me tbh, because i used to enjoy the character before he got this ridiculous push. there are a couple others for me (some obvious, others less so), but i don't want to steal too much thunder. love to hear some of yours.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheHulkster

"I WAS FINE, LOGAAAAN!" - T'Shit to Logan after the latter saved his life from Creed

Regarding the first point. Come on now:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/3782783-9777915602-FIFTE.jpg

If anything, this makes both of them look childish and exemplifies Hudlin's bad writing. But responding in kind to a trash talking villain is far from conceited.

I don't recall a cancer conversation with Doom. You will have to be more specific. Hudlin does bring it up and does give a somewhat contrived reason for not sharing a cure, yet the reason is treated as important within the context. It's not due to Panther being an arse. Reed cures a close friend of cancer. Hasn't done so for anyone else.

It has been revealed that Panther uses the notion of spying as an excuse for his desire join The Avengers. Scan presented earlier.

Panther doesn't criticize Logan for saving him. He criticizes Logan for cutting Creed's hand off. He states that doing so was unnecessary. Panther has morals and ethics Logan doesn't share.

I have yet to read a single concrete point justifying the notion of Panther being such an arse.

psycho gundam

"I WAS FINE, LOGAAAAN!" - T'Shit to Logan after the latter saved his life from Creed Channel your pain; carve the salt into sculptures and sell them smile

leonidas
Originally posted by Vanguard
roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

yeah, cuz THAT's why i say x-23 wins....it has nothing at all to do with your complete lack of support for your stance. hell, ds is the only one in that thread that put together anything like a coherent, gave-me-pause argument. stop looking to use bias as an excuse. eye roll indeed. thumb up

Vanguard
laughing out loud

yeah, cuz THAT's why i say x-23 wins....it has nothing at all to do with your complete lack of support for your stance. hell, ds is the only one in that thread that put together anything like a coherent, gave-me-pause argument \

You keep saying ds did this and that. But I was the one who confirmed that Panther couldn't be stabbed which is really the only circumstance that would give her a convincing win.

leonidas
you didn't confirm anything--your 'proof' is a writer comment which is inadmissible by forum rules and contradicted by the fact that it has been cut in the past. the issue is further made irrelevant by the fact that he never said (nor can you prove he intended to mean) adamantium couldn't stab through it. throw in the fact that he no longer writes bp, AND was talking about a different suit altogether, and, well, i trust you can see my point. /shrug

Vanguard
The properties of the Panther habit are a staple. It's passed down from one Panther to another. It basically stays the same.

And the fact that you think the type of metal used to inflict damage on the suit will change things, is idiotic.

Vanguard
It's science. The suit saps the momentum of anything it comes in contact with

leonidas
speaking of science, what you just said? now THAT's idiotic. we've seen him punched, very effectively, and very hard...a LOT of times. what, does the suit magically differentiate between a fist and a blade? it robs a blade of all kinetic energy, but not a fist? hulk could punch him nad what, he'd just tank it thanks to his momentum sapping suit? wtf?? and why would a blade break on the suit? that should be impossible as it would never STRIKE the suit with enough force TO break! if what you say is true, no blow, from ANYTHING, would ever hurt him. the suit would likewise sap momentum from a swipe as well as anything else, and, well, we've seen how well it does that....

your point is ridiculous and has been proven wrong time and again. probably best to just drop it. and not just because that isn't even the suit we're talking about anymore.

oh, and no, it's not a 'staple' either. older suits obviously never had any of those abilities, (back when bp was actually cool) and the new suit has been depicted ambiguously at best.

Vanguard
speaking of science, what you just said? now THAT's idiotic. we've seen him punched, very effectively, and very hard...a LOT of times. what, does the suit magically differentiate between a fist and a blade? it robs a blade of all kinetic energy, but not a fist? hulk could punch him nad what, he'd just tank it thanks to his momentum sapping suit? wtf?? and why would a blade break on the suit? that should be impossible as it would never STRIKE the suit with enough force TO break! if what you say is true, no blow, from ANYTHING, would ever hurt him. the suit would likewise sap momentum from a swipe as well as anything else, and, well, we've seen how well it does that....

your point is ridiculous and has been proven wrong time and again. probably best to just drop it. and not just because that isn't even the suit we're talking about anymore.

oh, and no, it's not a 'staple' either. older suits obviously never had any of those abilities, (back when bp was actually cool) and the new suit has been depicted ambiguously at best.

Maybe you should drop it.

The fact that you don't like the character has no affect on whether he wins or loses this fight. Panther has taken a shot from Hulk with the vibranium suit btw.

leonidas
me? you're the one who keeps perpetuating a blatant fallacy. like you just did.
so did the punch hurt or was all of hulk's momentum magically sapped? why'd the blade break on his armor if it had no momentum?

Vanguard
me? you're the one who keeps perpetuating a blatant fallacy. like you just did.
so did the punch hurt or was all of hulk's momentum magically sapped? why'd the blade break on his armor if it had no momentum?

After the swipe from Hulk, he flew backwards a bit, but was fine.

The blade did have momentum, I believe the wielder of the knife ran forward as he thrust.

Vanguard
https://s1.postimg.org/cdd4z64f3/Tchalla76.jpguploading images

StiltmanFTW
BLACKMAN laughing laughing laughing

leonidas
https://s1.postimg.org/cdd4z64f3/Tchalla76.jpguploading images

blink

the suit clearly doesn't sap all momentum.... anyway, this is way off-topic, and frankly, nonsensical. you say it robs all momentum and we see him sent flying back. does it absorb some momentum? sure. all? blatantly not. and why wouldn't it absorb a slash but WOULD absorb a thrust? ridiculous. but if you wanna keep believing what your own scans contradict, well, keep on keepin' on. just do so in another thread please.

Vanguard
blink

the suit clearly doesn't sap all momentum.... anyway, this is way off-topic, and frankly, nonsensical. you say it robs all momentum and we see him sent flying back. does it absorb some momentum? sure. all? blatantly not. and why wouldn't it absorb a slash but WOULD absorb a thrust? ridiculous. but if you wanna keep believing what your own scans contradict, well, keep on keepin' on. just do so in another thread please.

Never said it sapped all momentum. You also seem to be implying that I think adamantium would break or something. I never said that either. Only that the blade wouldn't penetrate the suit via impalement.

I like how you're trying to make it seem like you're taking the high road here. I'll leave gladly if we agree to disagree.

StiltmanFTW
blink

It's Vanguard. You're still not used to his posting style?

===========PANTHER CLAN 4EVER===============

leonidas
Never said it sapped all momentum. You also seem to be implying that I think adamantium would break or something. I never said that either. Only that the blade wouldn't penetrate the suit via impalement.

I like how you're trying to make it seem like you're taking the high road here. I'll leave gladly if we agree to disagree.

oh we certainly disagree. you've still never explained here or in the other thread why it could be slashed but not impaled. there are literally holes in your theory everywhere. and i love how you make it seem like i'm the irrational one here. lol anyway, yeah we don't agree, because your stance is impossible to agree with. if you want to continue and explain why it will allow the momentum of a slash but not of a thrust, i'd be all ears.

StiltmanFTW
Keep owning, leo.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2015/11/25/civil-war-gifs/25-civil-war-011.nocrop.w529.h373.gif

staxamillion
I think the suit is akin to the one in john wick 2. its threaded with vibranium so while the bullets hits it dead on without anymore force to propel it as soon as it hits its momentum is canceled.

I think it something like how Kevlar can take bullet but you can still cut it. I'm not a huge BP fan so I wont have don't know about new suits but that's how I always understood it.

Vanguard
oh we certainly disagree. you've still never explained here or in the other thread why it could be slashed but not impaled. there are literally holes in your theory everywhere. and i love how you make it seem like i'm the irrational one here. lol anyway, yeah we don't agree, because your stance is impossible to agree with. if you want to continue and explain why it will allow the momentum of a slash but not of a thrust, i'd be all ears.

I can tell you how it works. Not why it works. It's part fantasy.

Vanguard
Keep owning, leo.

And somehow I'm getting owned? roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Originally posted by staxamillion
I think the suit is akin to the one in john wick 2. its threaded with vibranium so while the bullets hits it dead on without anymore force to propel it as soon as it hits its momentum is canceled.

I think it something like how Kevlar can take bullet but you can still cut it. I'm not a huge BP fan so I wont have don't know about new suits but that's how I always understood it.

the issue has never been that is can absorb some kinetic energy. i've never had a problem with that. the issue is the discrepancies among its showings and whether an adamantium claw could stab through it. we've seen the claws shred it already but somehow we're supposed to think a thrust couldn't impale panther because...it would absorb all the kinetic energy of the thrust. but not of the slash. no expression

and of course this is the old suit and not relevant anyway to what was being discussed. but clearly that old suit only absorbs small amounts of kinetic energy. it was busted up too many times to claim anything more.

Vanguard
and of course this is the old suit and not relevant anyway to what was being discussed. but clearly that old suit only absorbs small amounts of kinetic energy. it was busted up too many times to claim anything more.

How many times has the suit really been busted up though? Not many.......

StiltmanFTW
And somehow I'm getting owned? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://owned.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/sometimes-your-the-seal-shark-seal-attack-depress-sad-owned-demotivational-poster-1244588153.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.