Can Gods of Destruction erase anyone/anything below them with Hakai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super, we see Sidra use hakai to casually erase an entire city. We've seen Beerus use it to erase Zamasu and even a ghost, and he threatened to erase Goku at the start of this new arc. My question is: What do you think the limits of the hakai technique are? Could a God of Destruction destroy an entire galaxy with it? A universe? Could SSB KK Goku survive/resist being hakai'd? Discuss.

NewGuy01
This would be an opportunity for DB to showcase it's first galaxy+ busting power...

cdtm
lol, Luffy would obliterate them with Haki.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
This would be an opportunity for DB to showcase it's first galaxy+ busting power...

You're not implying the Gods of Destruction aren't galaxy level, are you?

cdtm
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

You're not implying he's your typical idiot fanboy, are you? stick out tongue

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You don't have to be an idiot fanboy to think Beerus murders Superman, Superboy, Superboy Prime, Superman Prime One Million, etc.

Simultaneously. smile

cdtm
Absolutely, Beerus gets murdered by any Superman. Post Crisis Superman alone KO's Zeno with ease.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You like Superman way too much. There are far mightier and more interesting beings to wank in DC. smile

cdtm
Not at all, I'm a Dragon Ball fan and an Iron Fist fan. Hardly a Supernan fan anymore.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Laem

cdtm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leam ?

NemeBro
You like Superman way too much. There are far mightier and more interesting beings to wank in DC. smile There is no more interesting being in DC tho. Superman is the best hero who only those with the most patrician taste can enjoy. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is no more interesting being in DC tho. Superman is the best hero who only those with the most patrician taste can enjoy. thumb up

This argument has convinced me to become a fan! thumb up

NewGuy01

I'm not implying anything, although the answer to your question is that I believe what I see. In regards to the Gods of Destruction, here's what we know for sure:

It's said that if two Gods of Destruction fight, it could result in the end of a universe. Now, the size of these universes are fairly arbitrary, but I think it's fair to assume we're at least looking massively multi-galaxy scale. However, it's unclear what mechanisms are at work here; being able to destroy the universe because your energy can cause a chain reaction of spatial distortions doesn't equate to being able to produce a universe-spanning explosion. In fact, the awe towards which Zeno's ability to whimsically do so implies that Beerus and the others cannot do such a thing.

The most large scale straight-up destruction feat we have from Beerus was the destruction of the two stars, and his best physical feat is shattering planets. Even if I believe he should be capable of producing larger-scale destruction, I won't assume he can until I see it.

In any case, all I'm saying is that it would be interesting to see if Hakai can be used to destroy galaxies and the like; so far, no ability we've seen short of Zeno's kamikaze have shown that capability. That's not to say that they don't possess the necessary energy, but being able to produce a super-high-density beam doesn't necessarily translate to being able to produce an explosion that spans such a massive area.

cdtm
When did Beerus ever physically destroy a planet.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by cdtm
When did Beerus ever physically destroy a planet.

http://images.mangafreak.net/mangas/dragon_ball_super/dragon_ball_super_6/dragon_ball_super_6_7.jpg?v5

http://images.mangafreak.net/mangas/dragon_ball_super/dragon_ball_super_6/dragon_ball_super_6_8.jpg?v5

http://images.mangafreak.net/mangas/dragon_ball_super/dragon_ball_super_6/dragon_ball_super_6_9.jpg?v5

ares834
Well, technically, that's Champa.

wink

cdtm
And those are tiny looking planets. Not even a moon.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm not implying anything, although the answer to your question is that I believe what I see. In regards to the Gods of Destruction, here's what we know for sure:

It's said that if two Gods of Destruction fight, it could result in the end of a universe. Now, the size of these universes are fairly arbitrary, but I think it's fair to assume we're at least looking massively multi-galaxy scale. However, it's unclear what mechanisms are at work here; being able to destroy the universe because your energy can cause a chain reaction of spatial distortions doesn't equate to being able to produce a universe-spanning explosion. In fact, the awe towards which Zeno's ability to whimsically do so implies that Beerus and the others cannot do such a thing.

The most large scale straight-up destruction feat we have from Beerus was the destruction of the two stars, and his best physical feat is shattering planets. Even if I believe he should be capable of producing larger-scale destruction, I won't assume he can until I see it.

In any case, all I'm saying is that it would be interesting to see if Hakai can be used to destroy galaxies and the like; so far, no ability we've seen short of Zeno's kamikaze have shown that capability. That's not to say that they don't possess the necessary energy, but being able to produce a super-high-density beam doesn't necessarily translate to being able to produce an explosion that spans such a massive area.

Except I wouldn't even necessarily argue from the standpoint of the SSG fight to prove Beerus is universal. We know from Whis and Vados that Beerus and Champa fighting would annihilate both universes 6 and 7. We see when they stop holding back in their fight in the manga, they basically say, "**** the universe" and are about to destroy it until Whis and Vados subdue them. When Champa and Beerus fight prior to the U6 tournament, we see the floor literally start getting erased in a similar glow to hakai, and Goku and Vegeta visibly feared they'd be obliterated. Then during the baseball episode the statement is made again that Champa and Beerus fighting would annihilate the universe. There are numerous other statements from King Kai and Elder Kai IIRC that Beerus is capable of destroying the universe. There is no mention or implication of wonky DB physics in any of these examples.

Furthermore, even during the fight with SSG, the super-dense energy ball is confirmed to be capable of incinerating the universe, and Goku and Beerus push said energy ball back and forth, and Beerus inevitably nullifies the energy with no sign of effort whatsoever. I'd argue there's more evidence that Beerus is capable of destroying the universe than anything else.

Regarding your Zen-Oh tangent, I think that when the Omni-King was introduced it was pretty clear that Beerus feared him more than just because he's capable of erasing a universe. The first implication of power we ever got for Zen-Oh is that he could annihilate all 12 universes in an instant if he wanted, and clearly Beerus would be incapable of stopping it. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that Beerus isn't scared of Zen-Oh because he can specifically destroy a single universe.

gideongarner01

DeadpoolXXX
zero evidence that he can hakai stellar masses.

he can destroy them with other energy blasts obviously, but a hakai has never been used on that scale by anyone except zeno.

NewGuy01
(Is this gideongamer guy talking about me? It'd be pretty ironic if he were talking about me.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.