Splinter Cell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Arachnid1
All rumors at this point, but there's a lot of talk of a new Splinter Cell being revealed this year at E3. With all the Division/Ghost Recon/RB6 Splinter Cell easter eggs/DLC and the Neogaf rumors of Michael Ironside working with Ubisoft on a new game, it seems like a pretty safe bet. No better time with a Splinter Cell movie staring Tom Hardy on the way. We also already have a list of Ubisofts E3 conference except for one unrevealed game. We've gotten a current gen Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon already. It's time to complete the Holy Clancy Trilogy on current gen. I need Sam back in my life.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Fisher (from Blacklist) was featured in their Ubisoft E3 2017 teaser, so he's definitely not forgotten.

LMORKN0lcB8

Hopefully they also announce Blacklist to go backwards compatible soon too. It's really one of the last 360 games I want (although a remastered collection of the older games would be great too). Phenomenal game. Plus, it left off on a huge cliff hanger that should have been addressed by now. Finish the blacklist.

Inb4 the unrevealed game is The Division 2

-Pr-
Given their treatment of GR and R6, I'm not sure how I'd feel about them bringing out another Splinter Cell.

Still, if it's half as good as Blacklist, sign me up.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Given their treatment of GR and R6, I'm not sure how I'd feel about them bringing out another Splinter Cell.

Still, if it's half as good as Blacklist, sign me up. I have faith in their team when it comes to Splinter Cell. Blacklist was actually Ubisoft Toronto's first game ever released so it made their team IMO. Then again, they do seem to be hit or miss with their games. Rainbow Six, For Honor, and Far Cry 4 were great. Watch Dogs 2 was great too from what I hear (the first was made by a different branch but I had no idea so I skipped the second just because of how bad 1 was). Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry Primal were mehsville though.

No hidden meaning in this but I was actually going through the old Blacklist thread the other day and saw you had a ton of apprehension going into that one too lol. Quite the cynic, though I don't blame you. I remember being worried when they got rid of Ironside too. If the rumors are true though, they're listening to the fans in bringing him back. They should knock it out of the park.

EDIT: Also did you not like Rainbow Six? That and Blacklist were their best games IMO. Near masterpieces. I don't usually see people hate the new RB6. Agreed on Ghost Recon though.

Smasandian
Watch Dogs 2 is a fun game. Nothing too special but a well done open world with some neat characters. They fixed a lot of the issues from the previous game.

I like Ghost Recon Wildlands as a co-op game. It's damn fun with friends. It might not be like the originals but I don't really care about that. In theory, they should of made Wildlands a standalone product but I can't blame them for using the Ghost Recon brand. But the game itself is ****ing fun with friends.

Far Cry Primal is a Far Cry game but I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure why but I was in to it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I have faith in their team when it comes to Splinter Cell. Blacklist was actually Ubisoft Toronto's first game ever released so it made their team IMO. Then again, they do seem to be hit or miss with their games. Rainbow Six, For Honor, and Far Cry 4 were great. Watch Dogs 2 was great too from what I hear (the first was made by a different branch but I had no idea so I skipped the second just because of how bad 1 was). Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry Primal were mehsville though.

No hidden meaning in this but I was actually going through the old Blacklist thread the other day and saw you had a ton of apprehension going into that one too lol. Quite the cynic, though I don't blame you. I remember being worried when they got rid of Ironside too. If the rumors are true though, they're listening to the fans in bringing him back. They should knock it out of the park.

EDIT: Also did you not like Rainbow Six? That and Blacklist were their best games IMO. Near masterpieces. I don't usually see people hate the new RB6. Agreed on Ghost Recon though.

I didn't like Rainbow Six because I wanted a game like Vegas, not the game we got as Siege. Not saying Siege is a bad game, but with that and GR (at least what I saw of it), I honestly felt like they were moving away from what made those games so enjoyable for me (heavy single player stealth). Though GR has been slipping for a while, imo.

I wish For Honor has a better story mode, but it does look good.

Yeah, tbh I was wrong about Blacklist. The story might not have been as good as Conviction's, but the gameplay was much better imo, and in general was a step up.

Smasandian
Yeah, I think Conviction was a good step forward for the franchise. The old games were fantastic but showed their age. Conviction rebooted the franchise for me in a good way. It was a joy to be able to move around and wreck people.

Blacklist continued the trend but added more stealth. However, the end boss was very frustrating because the QTE's was unforgiving. I had to do it at least 15-20 times which ruined any sort of story element that they were trying to accomplish.

I want to play it again but I'm waiting for BC on Xbox One.

Arachnid1
Amazon put up a listing for Splinter Cell 2018. Is this it!?

Smasandian
Maybe.....If you look at Ubisofts game lineup, they don't have anything for the winter. After Far Cry 5, the next game they have announced is Division 2 (probably spring 2019)......and it's not going to be another Watch Dogs.

So yeah...Splinter Cell makes sense...but I don't know if its 2018.....

And will it be like Blacklist? Or something different....will they add Splinter Cell in an open world environment. Which....would be kind of neat.

Smasandian
I guess I missed the news that Conviction has been added to backwards compatibility mode. No Blacklist though.

However, if I'm a betting man, there is a new Splinter Cell in the works and are using the older games as a marketing ploy.

I bet Blacklist comes out in the next few months.

Arachnid1
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/09/walmart-lists-just-cause-4-gears-of-war-5-rage-2-and-more

The new Splinter Cell has once again been listed online only to be taken down. Walmart this time. They also listed Just Cause 4, Gears of War 5, Rage 2, LEGO DC Villains and Borderlands 3.

This explains the recent Just Cause 3 sales. Gears 5 is surprising so quickly, but I'll definitely be all over it. I played the hell out of the multiplayer for 4. Borderlands 3 is a for sure buy, and Rage 2 is something I'll keep my eye on.

All of those are nothing compared to my hype for Splinter Cell though. One more month until E3

Originally posted by Smasandian
I guess I missed the news that Conviction has been added to backwards compatibility mode. No Blacklist though.

However, if I'm a betting man, there is a new Splinter Cell in the works and are using the older games as a marketing ploy.

I bet Blacklist comes out in the next few months. I sure hope so man. I've been itching to replay Blacklist for some time

-Pr-
I really hope it's coming; outside of Hitman, there's been a real dearth of top quality stealth games imo.

Kazenji
Borderlands 3 was a given when they showed off a tech demo back in 2017

didn't expect a Rage 2 was going to happened, I liked the first one despite all the not so fantastic reviews.

Nusa105
Man, ubisoft needs this franchise to Rise up

Arachnid1
This is how the Rage devs responded to the listing:

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994281520981577730
https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/994281299434246145

It doesn't outright confirm it, but it looks very likely. If Rage is legit, I'm assuming that means the rest of those are too.

Smasandian
They don't bring in Michael Ironside to do a cameo for Ghost Recon Wildlands without having a new game in production.

The question is: will it be open world? It's Ubisoft.

I think open world would work if the combine an open map with dedicated mission areas. One of the major joys from a Spinter Cell game is it's locales and scripted events. I will be less thrilled if it's basically Ghost Recond Wildland style

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope it's coming; outside of Hitman, there's been a real dearth of top quality stealth games imo.

Apart from the big budget stealth games, Have you played many of the indie stealth games that are out there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.