dcnu cap atom vs quantum superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i have....no idea.... shrug

Galan007
I would definitely go with QS. After he 'let go', he seemed to transcend the story itself to a degree -- at the very least he gained higher-dimensional status.

leonidas
yeah that's true, but that doesn't always translate to direct 'power' if you know what i mean. be interesting to see if qs could put atom down, and just what atom's energies could do to someone like qs...

Galan007
In QS's case, I think it *does* translate to power, tbh.

If we look at Superman Beyond, QS had evolved beyond the concept of 'conflict' entirely -- it seemed as though he was immune to harm/damage all together. That's why Ultraman's HV just brushed off him, for example(and remember: Ultraman was written EXTREMELY uber in that series, as he lifted the infinite book SOLO.) So yeah...

QS also took the essences/ideas/concepts of Superman and Ultraman(ie. opposing ideologies), combined said dualities into a symmetry, and broadcast this pure, amalgamated essence straight into a 'receiver'(ie. Thought-Robot) in a higher dimension/Nil... Had it not been for QS, the heroes could have never even 'powered-on' Thought-Robot to fight Mandrakk in the first place.

And based on his appearance in Pax Americana, we know time is an open book to QS as well -- a book he can fully perceive/comprehend, AND move through... So even the proverbial 'silver bullet' that wins DCnU CA most forum battles(ie. his temporal abilities) would count for nothing against QS.

Suffice to say: I personally believe QS is one of the most powerful beings in DC across the board. srug

leonidas
call me convinced. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Galan007
In QS's case, I think it *does* translate to power, tbh.

If we look at Superman Beyond, QS had evolved beyond the concept of 'conflict' entirely -- it seemed as though he was immune to harm/damage all together. That's why Ultraman's HV just brushed off him, for example(and remember: Ultraman was written EXTREMELY uber in that series, as he lifted the infinite book SOLO.) So yeah...

QS also took the essences/ideas/concepts of Superman and Ultraman(ie. opposing ideologies), combined said dualities into a symmetry, and broadcast this pure, amalgamated essence straight into a 'receiver'(ie. Thought-Robot) in a higher dimension/Nil... Had it not been for QS, the heroes could have never even 'powered-on' Thought-Robot to fight Mandrakk in the first place.

And based on his appearance in Pax Americana, we know time is an open book to QS as well -- a book he can fully perceive/comprehend, AND move through... So even the proverbial 'silver bullet' that wins DCnU CA most forum battles(ie. his temporal abilities) would count for nothing against QS.

Suffice to say: I personally believe QS is one of the most powerful beings in DC across the board. srug

He should appear in Rebirth with Dr. Manhattan me thinks. Supes the good one, Dr. M the "evil" and he as the neutral one.

"Id"
Is Fall and Rise of the Captain Atom the same Atom from from Post Flash Point?

abhilegend
Yes.

DarkSaint85
I thought it was a different one. Not Nathaniel Adams.

Edit: I see it's still Nate, but with a military created backstory. Also, his powers are altered now.

abhilegend
It's literally the same guy in issue 1. He is Depowered in second issue.

DarkSaint85
Yup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.