Is a Kick-Ass 3 movie even possible at this point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
When Kick-Ass first came out in 2010, I was utterly blown away by it. Hilarious, satirical, with blood soaked kinetic action and a completely demented father and daughter relationship that was at the same time one of the sweetest examples of familial love that I've ever seen, I just instantly fell in love with it. In fact, looking back on the cinematic landscape, Kick-Ass might be on my top list of films for the 2010s.

That's why I was so disappointed by the tepid response to its sequel, Kick-Ass 2. While that movie is a far cry from the first one, I still found it entertaining and heartfelt enough to where I was perplexed at the film receiving such negative critical and fan reviews.

Now, I think that the main reason the sequel failed to capture a mainstream nod of approval like Kick-Ass 1 did is because it strayed too far from the source material. Too many details were changed from the comic that made it feel almost perfunctory. Sloppy. Cheesy, even. These changes were made I believe because the first movie had also made changes of its own. Kick-Ass 1 did a lot to "Hollywoodize" the original comic, where Dave was a straight up loser instead of a plucky underdog, and Big Daddy wasn't really an ex-cop trying to get revenge on the mafia, but a loser similar to Dave who had kidnapped and lied to his daughter so he could live out his sick superhero fantasies. But I digress.

There were lots of things about Kick-Ass 2 the movie that I felt worked, but if they had just stuck to the comic, with the cliffhanger ending of Hit-Girl getting arrested, we would have a much easier time seeing the possibility of a third movie getting made.

For what it's worth, Kick-Ass 3 the comic is actually pretty good. But now the actors are just a little too old for it to be believable, and even excluding that, the sequel bombing has deflated almost all of the goodwill the original earned. Is anyone else bummed that it will probably never get made?

Zack M
I think it can. Maybe a smaller movie

Kazenji
I liked Kick-Ass 3 as a book more then the 2nd one, Brought back the whole mafia element.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Kazenji
I liked Kick-Ass 3 as a book more then the 2nd one, Brought back the whole mafia element.

I liked them about the same. The first one is amazing. Two and Three are solid.

riv6672
Sure why not.

Darth Thor
Mathew Vaughn had plans for a Big Daddy Prequel and Kick Ass Sequel at one point, but I've not heard anything in a long while, and he's busy with other stuff, so I don't see it happening.

Kazenji
I'd rather them reboot at later on

Alot of the actors/Actress are too old for the roles now.

riv6672
^^^Thats a good point. To follow the comicswould be odd.

steverules_2

riv6672
Whelp, time to recast Hitgirl.

tkitna
Originally posted by riv6672
Whelp, time to recast Hitgirl.

Yep. I don't think Chloe's going to work anymore.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_PnTjHcK8_U/VqgV50ubxyI/AAAAAAAACY8/RL0cec-DZQ0/s640/chloe-moretz-neighbors-2-shortinho-0001.jpg

Adam Grimes
Duh

BruceSkywalker
this piece of crap will be rebooted in the 5 years

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
Yep. I don't think Chloe's going to work anymore.

Not with those big ol' duck feet, no.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2

Working on it?

Mark Miller has already done the work for him.

steverules_2

I'd still bang her

tkitna

Looking at that photo and all you can think about is her duck feet?

riv6672
^^^Well...okay why is there what appears to be a nightstand in the park?

Hard to believe she was like 12-13 when Kick Ass came out, now she's almost old enough to drink.

Kazenji
She already is old enough to drink if she visited Australia.

riv6672
She's not that desperate. smile

TheVaultDweller
She's old enough to drink here too.

As far as Kick-Ass is concerned, I liked the first one, thought the second one was shit, and agree with others that they'd need to recast for a third. So, might as well do a total reboot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.