Baron Quinn vs Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
The two cancer victims square off.

- Quinn has his sword and twin sais. No tumour headaches.
- Wade has his swords.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.
- Fight takes place in an empty bar.
- Win via KO/incapacitation.

Will Deadpool's healing factor win the day, or will Quinn's superior skill allow him to put Wade down for the count?

Arachnid1
I want to say Quinn.

We've seen Sunny take on dozens of opponents at the same time and come out on top. Quinn beat him, not to mention the fact that he had insane damage soak. Quinn is more skilled than Deadpool by a mile and should be able to get a quick decapitation.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I want to say Quinn.

We've seen Sunny take on dozens of opponents at the same time and come out on top. Quinn beat him, not to mention the fact that he had insane damage soak. Quinn is more skilled than Deadpool by a mile and should be able to get a quick decapitation.

To be fair to Sunny, he'd already seen some action and taken a bit of damage before their fight started. So, while he didn't visibly seem to be affected by it (he still fought with his normal speed, agility and skill), I still think it's safe to say that he wasn't quite at 100% when he fought Quinn. Still says a lot that Quinn can get the better of Sunny if Sunny isn't at full 100%. IMO, Quinn is only slightly below Sunny.

But yeah, in terms of pure skill, I agree that Quinn outclasses Wade by a pretty large margin, but Wade's healing factor might be able to catch him by surprise.

Dreampanther
I'd give it to Deadpool, myself. His chatter would distract Quinn who likes to take himself very seriously and while Q is tough and durable, eventually he'd start slowing down while Wade can come back from even the most severe wound within seconds. There would be no reason for Quinn to go for a decapitation from the beginning so he'd be overconfident and caught by surprise if he sticks a sword in DP - only for Pool to pull it out and stick it into Quinn. DP might not be as skilled (although we haven't really seen him go against a top-class swordsman yet, iirc), but he seemed more agile and completely tireless.

KingD19
Deadpool Is also easily as strong as the top people in Badlands.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I'd give it to Deadpool, myself. His chatter would distract Quinn who likes to take himself very seriously and while Q is tough and durable, eventually he'd start slowing down while Wade can come back from even the most severe wound within seconds. There would be no reason for Quinn to go for a decapitation from the beginning so he'd be overconfident and caught by surprise if he sticks a sword in DP - only for Pool to pull it out and stick it into Quinn. DP might not be as skilled (although we haven't really seen him go against a top-class swordsman yet, iirc), but he seemed more agile and completely tireless.

Don't see why Quinn wouldn't go for dismemberment of some kind if he got the chance. Badlands fighters just tend to do whatever move would be most effective at any given point, whether it is stabbing, cutting off limbs etc. I also doubt he became the most powerful Baron in the Badlands by underestimating opponents and acting overconfident in fights. Plus, he has shown that he can keep fighting even after impalement, so Wade stabbing him back doesn't mean he would go down either, and once Quinn realises Deadpool can heal, then he would most definitely go for something like a decap. Also, he doesn't actually need to decap him, to be honest. A knife in the head incapacitated Wade for a notable amount of time, and Quinn has his sais for this match as well.

I also don't really see Wade as more agile, especially after Quinn's last fight with Sunny, and all the flips and shit he was doing in combat. In fact, overall, their physical stats seemed to be pretty close IMO (both showed immense speed, agility, strength and durability). Difference being Quinn has displayed greater skill against more notable opponents, and Wade has his healing factor.

I think this could go either way. If Quinn realises early on that Wade can heal, then he could likely adjust accordingly, but if he leaves himself open and Wade recovers quick enough, he could potentially do critical damage to Quinn.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Don't see why Quinn wouldn't go for dismemberment of some kind if he got the chance. Badlands fighters just tend to do whatever move would be most effective at any given point, whether it is stabbing, cutting off limbs etc. I also doubt he became the most powerful Baron in the Badlands by underestimating opponents and acting overconfident in fights. Plus, he has shown that he can keep fighting even after impalement, so Wade stabbing him back doesn't mean he would go down either, and once Quinn realises Deadpool can heal, then he would most definitely go for something like a decap. Also, he doesn't actually need to decap him, to be honest. A knife in the head incapacitated Wade for a notable amount of time, and Quinn has his sais for this match as well.

I can't remember Quinn doing any dismembering moves during a fight, though. Can you? I'm a bit too lazy to scan through all the episodes now stick out tongue . And he underestimated Sunny the first time, didn't he, even though he trained him himself? I seem to remember something like Sunny stabbing him in the stomach at the end of Season 1 (I don't have Season 1 anymore, so I can't check).

I see the fight being similar to the fight between Deadpool and Ajax, except that Ajax had enhanced reflexes and superhuman strength, plus the ability to simply ignore all his wounds, while Quinn, though arguably more skilled, is peak human, not superhuman. Quinn's wounds might not have stopped him, but they definitely slowed him down.

I disagree. I can't see Quinn or Sunny doing anything even close to that first drop of Deadpool, where he dropped something like 20 meters to crash through a sunroof of a vehicle moving at highway speed and start killing the baddies. Whether that's skill, luck, physical ability or just DP twisting reality - I've never seen Sunny or Quinn attempting something even close to that. So I would say DP's physical stats are definitely above peak human (I'm taking it for granted here that Sunny and Quinn are peak human).

Wade also did some insane flips and twists during that first fight on the bridge, where he would jump in the air and twist horizontally while shooting two guys in the head.

I agree. If Quinn lets his guard down for even a second he's going to get hurt, which will be the beginning of the end. He can take Wade, maybe, if he goes for chopping off his hands or his head as soon as possible. But why would he?

TheVaultDweller
I can't remember Quinn doing any dismembering moves during a fight, though. Can you? I'm a bit too lazy to scan through all the episodes now stick out tongue . And he underestimated Sunny the first time, didn't he, even though he trained him himself? I seem to remember something like Sunny stabbing him in the stomach at the end of Season 1 (I don't have Season 1 anymore, so I can't check).

How did he underestimate him? In the first season, he had Sunny in chains and locked up, but Sunny got help escaping from Waldo (who Quinn still thought was loyal). And he then stabbed an unarmed and surprised Quinn through the chest (we see a very different situation when Quinn is prepared, as he is for this fight). Also, Sunny was buried under rubble when Quinn and his guys left him during the S2 finale, but Sunny again got help from someone else (Bajie), who Quinn didn't even know about. So, both instances had Sunny getting help from unexpected sources. And there was no underestimating him during their actual fight either. Every time he took his eyes off Sunny it was because of Veil and the baby, which was the whole reason for the fight. And, as you pointed out, he actually trained Sunny, who uses dismembering moves a lot. So, again, why wouldn't Quinn if the opportunity presented itself?

He just normally cuts down opponents without it being necessary. With the exception of Sunny, Jacobee and the Widow, no one has managed to last more than a 2 or 3 hit exchange with him before being cut down (he steamrolled through all of Jacobee and Widow's clippers that tried to fight him). Which in itself should tell you how good he is. Even average clippers have been trained since childhood in multiple forms of unarmed and melee combat, and are hardened killers by the time they reach adulthood, yet Quinn made them look like children.

I see the fight being similar to the fight between Deadpool and Ajax, except that Ajax had enhanced reflexes and superhuman strength, plus the ability to simply ignore all his wounds, while Quinn, though arguably more skilled, is peak human, not superhuman. Quinn's wounds might not have stopped him, but they definitely slowed him down.

I disagree there. Quinn showed comparable speed and reflexes to Sunny and Widow, who can casually swat multiple crossbow bolts out of the air (and in Sunny's case, straight up catch them). For all Ajax's claims of enhanced reflexes, he doesn't actually have any feats that put his reflexes above theirs. Quinn was also not only matching Sunny for strength, but even out-muscled him when he slammed him through the window. He also sent a large wooden table flying several feet at Sunny with a casual kick, dropkicked Sunny a good 20 feet into a bunch of stuff (which was actually stopped his flight, so he would have flown further otherwise), and way back in season 1, actually stabbed his sword through a solid wall when impaling one of the Widow's clippers during the raid on her mansion. Quinn is hella strong and extremely fast. Quinn's feats put him in low superhuman territory IMO. And he schooled Sunny with the sais after taking the initial slash to the stomach.

And, IMO, it's not really arguable about who is more skilled, as things stand. Wade has taken down fodder who, as far as we know, have no notable H2H/melee training, and struggled against Ajax. And Ajax himself is fairly featless. Obviously, those two do have skill with their weapons, but neither currently have feats to suggest they are on par with Badlands elites. And that's not a slight on them. Badlands sets the bar extremely high where fighting skill is concerned. Even fatties and cripples are deadly opponents. laughing

And Wade would likely have lost that fight with Ajax once he got stabbed in the head, if Vanessa hadn't bought him some time to recover. He was out of it for about a full minute when that happened.

I disagree. I can't see Quinn or Sunny doing anything even close to that first drop of Deadpool, where he dropped something like 20 meters to crash through a sunroof of a vehicle moving at highway speed and start killing the baddies. Whether that's skill, luck, physical ability or just DP twisting reality - I've never seen Sunny or Quinn attempting something even close to that. So I would say DP's physical stats are definitely above peak human (I'm taking it for granted here that Sunny and Quinn are peak human).

Wade also did some insane flips and twists during that first fight on the bridge, where he would jump in the air and twist horizontally while shooting two guys in the head.

Regular clippers were jumping off the roof of a multi-storey building, and diving into combat, during Quinn's attack on the conclave. Characters like Sunny and the Widow were sent flying into the side of a building when Quinn's suicide bomber did his thing, yet shrugged it off like nothing. And characters like Sunny, the Widow and other Badlands elites can straight up defy gravity, like when Sunny did a triple aerial back flip from a stationary position (that shit is not even remotely possible in real life). Quinn was also doing different flips and aerial moves during combat in his last fight with Sunny.

I agree. If Quinn lets his guard down for even a second he's going to get hurt, which will be the beginning of the end. He can take Wade, maybe, if he goes for chopping off his hands or his head as soon as possible. But why would he?

I don't think he needs to go for an immediate decap/dismemberment. He only needs to wound Wade and see him heal once to get what's going on. It could easily happen that he scores a cut/slash on Wade and withdraws, sees him heal, and then knows that something else is in order. And Wade heals, but he also still feels pain. So, even if he can take a stab from Quinn, it doesn't mean he could immediately successfully retaliate. Ajax beating him down and impaling him seemed to thoroughly mess him up, during their first fight.

I would probably give it 6-4 in favour of Wade, due to the fact that the longer the fight does go on, the more likely it is to tip in his favour, due to his healing and enhanced stamina. But if Wade clowns around, like he often does, things will go badly for him.

Dreampanther
I would probably give it 6-4 in favour of Wade, due to the fact that the longer the fight does go on, the more likely it is to tip in his favour, due to his healing and enhanced stamina. But if Wade clowns around, like he often does, things will go badly for him.

While disagreeing on a few details, I think we agree overall with the result.

Question: Do you think Sunny would have taken Quinn in a straight-up fight, if he hadn't been injured before and Veil and the baby weren't there to distract him?

TheVaultDweller
While disagreeing on a few details, I think we agree overall with the result.

Question: Do you think Sunny would have taken Quinn in a straight-up fight, if he hadn't been injured before and Veil and the baby weren't there to distract him?

Well, Veil and Henry seemed to affect Quinn worse than they did Sunny. Sunny wanted them to get away, which meant keeping Quinn busy, whereas Quinn wanted to both kill Sunny and stop them from escaping, which meant fighting Sunny while keeping track of them. The slice to Quinn's stomach and the first sword through the chest both happened because he took his attention off Sunny to focus on Veil. First when she grabbed Henry, which drew Quinn's attention, allowing Sunny to disarm and slice him. Second time after he had Sunny floored and disarmed, he turned his back on him to stop her. And he also wasted a bit of time after stabbing Sunny with the sai, to look over his shoulder at them, before bashing him in the side of the head and dropkicking him, though that didn't really affect things much.

All that being said, even though Sunny still seemed to be operating at his usual levels when they fought, I do think the previous damage he took affected him. Not massively, but enough that he wasn't quite at 100%. So, if both were fully fit and no distractions present, I see Sunny taking a very good fight between the two of them. I did love the actual fight we got though. Quinn pushed Sunny harder than anyone other than Cyan did.

TheVaultDweller
^ I should probably specify that when I say "fully fit" where Quinn is concerned, I mean as fit as a guy with late stage brain cancer can be lol.

HulkIsHulk
DP 8/10

HulkIsHulk
To explain, I think Deadpool's strength will give him an edge in this fight. ITB character's may have some good strength feats, but they are pretty inconsistent. Also, I have doubts that a dismemberment would be easy, since Wade himself struggled like hell to cut through his own wrist after it had been freshly broken.

For all Ajax's claims of enhanced reflexes, he doesn't actually have any feats that put his reflexes above theirs.
Well, he was dodging bullets from Wade at close range during the bridge fight, I should say that's better than dodging or catching or deflecting crossbow bolts from fodder.

Quinn was also not only matching Sunny for strength, but even out-muscled him when he slammed him through the window. He also sent a large wooden table flying several feet at Sunny with a casual kick, dropkicked Sunny a good 20 feet into a bunch of stuff (which was actually stopped his flight, so he would have flown further otherwise), and way back in season 1, actually stabbed his sword through a solid wall when impaling one of the Widow's clippers during the raid on her mansion.I don't think Quinn outmuscled Sunny there, he just tackled him through it. As for other strength feats, he also caught Widow's sword stab by the blade, casually resisted her trying to push it forward, pulled it out of her hand and threw it hard enough to impale a painting on the wall. He also sent her flying with a shove after tripping her and had her seeing stars with a kick. Then there was him breaking off the deer antler and then stabbing his Clipper in the eye with it in S2 for ogling Veil.

Even fatties and cripples are deadly opponents. laughing
They are deadlier than Sunny as well. stick out tongue Or atleast, Bajie is when he's really going for it.

Ajax beating him down and impaling him seemed to thoroughly mess him up, during their first fight.
I used to think that too, but some other debaters pointed to me that it was after Wade had been beaten and tortured for days and fresh to his powers. There's also that he was stabbed through the heart. Its no guarantee Quinn will always nail one through the heart, since not all stabs require to be through the heart to be deadly against normal opponents.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
To explain, I think Deadpool's strength will give him an edge in this fight. ITB character's may have some good strength feats, but they are pretty inconsistent. Also, I have doubts that a dismemberment would be easy, since Wade himself struggled like hell to cut through his own wrist after it had been freshly broken.

I don't recall Quinn showing inconsistency other than when he was actively suffering tumour symptoms. And that's not really saying much. Wade was in an awkward position while being dragged along, and couldn't utilise the same level of muscle you can with a proper sword swing. There is more than arm movement behind a proper sword strike. It's like trying to compare axes swings to saws cuts.

Well, he was dodging bullets from Wade at close range during the bridge fight, I should say that's better than dodging or catching or deflecting crossbow bolts from fodder.

Only instance I remember that was close to dodging was when he was on the motorcycle, but that didn't really look very definitive to me. It's not like he Ozymandias'd that shit. Also, what does "fodder" have to do with it? Clippers are highly trained from childhood, and the bolts would have struck if they hadn't done what they did. It's not like the amount of feats the shooters have on the show influence the speed of the bolts or the speed and skill required to deflect/catch them.

I don't think Quinn outmuscled Sunny there, he just tackled him through it. As for other strength feats, he also caught Widow's sword stab by the blade, casually resisted her trying to push it forward, pulled it out of her hand and threw it hard enough to impale a painting on the wall. He also sent her flying with a shove after tripping her and had her seeing stars with a kick. Then there was him breaking off the deer antler and then stabbing his Clipper in the eye with it in S2 for ogling Veil.

Well, he caught Sunny's sword arm, grabbed him by the shoulder with his other arm, and then forced Sunny through the window. He also sent Ryder flying back during their brief "fight", now that I think about it. And that antler bit was brutal AF.

They are deadlier than Sunny as well. stick out tongue Or atleast, Bajie is when he's really going for it.

Bajie is a weird one. He himself said he couldn't take the Widow, but he was able to briefly go toe-to-toe with Cyan, and treated young Dark One mode Widow like a joke.

I used to think that too, but some other debaters pointed to me that it was after Wade had been beaten and tortured for days and fresh to his powers. There's also that he was stabbed through the heart. Its no guarantee Quinn will always nail one through the heart, since not all stabs require to be through the heart to be deadly against normal opponents.

Except being tortured for several days and only getting your powers should be a non-factor with something like healing. It's not like he got Havok's powers, for example, that actively require a level of training to control. His powers work automatically. If anything, the argument that his previous condition affected that fight hurts his case, as it suggests that his healing factor can be somewhat overwhelmed, and unable to rapidly repair all injuries, with enough damage.

HulkIsHulk
Well, his HF is not limitless. So yeah it can be overwhelmed. Which is why I gave Quinn 2/10.

And about Bajie, I think his comments are because he's out of practice, so its lack of confidence. The young Dark Widow fight was when he, to borrow your terminology, still had his groove. The Cyan one's legit, and against Quinn's troops he wrecked the majority of them with nunchucks, that takes more skill than doing it with a sword. And if going solely by the fight in the mines, I think he might be even physically superior to Sunny. Mouse seemed to be around Sunny's level physically, yet Bajie took Mouse's punches better than Sunny did, his punches rocked Mouse more than Sunny's did, and when Mouse was trying to pull Sunny back into the fan Bajie not only pulled Sunny free he also pulled Mouse with him. Bajie's problem is his reflexes are not as good as before.

On a side note, what level would you rate MK now with the dark mode? He's definitely far above from the non-fighter in the first ep, and he looked pretty good against the Abbots with Bajie and Chau's clippers. Also i nthe ep Cyan and Eva died he took hits from the Abbots better than Sunny did imo.

TheVaultDweller
And about Bajie, I think his comments are because he's out of practice, so its lack of confidence. The young Dark Widow fight was when he, to borrow your terminology, still had his groove. The Cyan one's legit, and against Quinn's troops he wrecked the majority of them with nunchucks, that takes more skill than doing it with a sword. And if going solely by the fight in the mines, I think he might be even physically superior to Sunny. Mouse seemed to be around Sunny's level physically, yet Bajie took Mouse's punches better than Sunny did, his punches rocked Mouse more than Sunny's did, and when Mouse was trying to pull Sunny back into the fan Bajie not only pulled Sunny free he also pulled Mouse with him. Bajie's problem is his reflexes are not as good as before.

The fact that we find out that Bajie is actually an expert combatant makes that fight on the bridge, when they met Silver Moon, kind of hilarious, as he had to pretend to struggle with a single merc so as to not blow his cover. Based on his feats where he fights all out, he could have stomped that guy in a few seconds. He's also pretty clever in fights, like when he had the idea to turn the inexperienced Dark Ones against each other when he and MK got caught in the monastery.

On a side note, what level would you rate MK now with the dark mode? He's definitely far above from the non-fighter in the first ep, and he looked pretty good against the Abbots with Bajie and Chau's clippers. Also i nthe ep Cyan and Eva died he took hits from the Abbots better than Sunny did imo.

Well, the Master said that, in terms of raw potential, he was the most powerful Dark One she had encountered in a long time. So, in terms of pure superhuman muscle, he even outclasses the likes of Cyan. And we saw that even with relatively limited training, he stomped a Baron, their Regent, and back up Clippers without breaking a sweet, while in Dark One mode. So, with Dark One mode + training, he should be an absolute monster at this point, though he would still probably go down to more experienced Dark Ones, simply because he hasn't mastered any of the more advanced techniques yet.

HulkIsHulk
The fact that we find out that Bajie is actually an expert combatant makes that fight on the bridge, when they met Silver Moon, kind of hilarious, as he had to pretend to struggle with a single merc so as to not blow his cover. Based on his feats where he fights all out, he could have stomped that guy in a few seconds. He's also pretty clever in fights, like when he had the idea to turn the inexperienced Dark Ones against each other when he and MK got caught in the monastery.

Yep.

Well, the Master said that, in terms of raw potential, he was the most powerful Dark One she had encountered in a long time. So, in terms of pure superhuman muscle, he even outclasses the likes of Cyan. And we saw that even with relatively limited training, he stomped a Baron, their Regent, and back up Clippers without breaking a sweet, while in Dark One mode. So, with Dark One mode + training, he should be an absolute monster at this point, though he would still probably go down to more experienced Dark Ones, simply because he hasn't mastered any of the more advanced techniques yet.
Oops, I meant without Dark Mode.

TheVaultDweller
Without Dark One mode, I would probably put him around Tilda. He has improved a lot, and shows great potential, but I don't think he is quite on the same tier as the likes of the Widow, Sunny or Quinn yet. All of them have decades of training and combat experience over him.

KingD19
Also MK is still pretty timid. His Dark Self really shattered his psyche and because of that he is very reluctant to actually hurt people. Doubts himself a lot in fights, etc... It adds up to making him worse, but knowing he could overcome it makes him potentially insanely powerful.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Also MK is still pretty timid. His Dark Self really shattered his psyche and because of that he is very reluctant to actually hurt people. Doubts himself a lot in fights, etc... It adds up to making him worse, but knowing he could overcome it makes him potentially insanely powerful.

Well, he might step up next season. Judging by his conversation with the Widow at the end of season 2, he was done letting other people push him around.

KingD19
He's basically Gohan. And the end parts of season 2 were leading up to his SS2 moment.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
He's basically Gohan. And the end parts of season 2 were leading up to his SS2 moment.

Well, he did do a semi-kamehameha when he lost control that one time in S1 (when that other Colt locked him in a cage to beat up on Tilda). In fact, he is the only Dark One I can recall using their powers at range so far.

KingD19
I remember that. Makes sense now why they had to jack his powers for a while at least. Once he gains control he'll be unstoppable. Because when the Master has a problem with you as a novice, then yeah you're special.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, especially considering how Bajie and MK left her in S2. Because I doubt they'd let a big character like that get killed off screen, so there is a very good chance she took out a room full of enraged novice Dark Ones.

KingD19
Blood. Everywhere.

TheVaultDweller
After everything, I could seriously see her becoming a S3 big bad. I mean she has enough motivation. They killed her Abbots, stole from her, and messed with several of her students, potentially forcing her to seriously harm some of them. She should be pretty pissed off right about now. And she was already pretty shady to begin with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.