You get super powers profit vs non profit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
You get the superpowers of your favorite hero.

Will you profit out of them or will you help with out expecting anything in exchange?

Also will you try to take over the world? Will you interfere on country politics? What will be the world like under you with superpowers?

h1a8
Good question.
I'll definitely make changes to world politics.
World would be normal, except no more stupid laws.

Digi
The first question isn't an either/or situation. Most of us could and would do both. And taking over the world is a fairly meaningless concept. Outside of abstract level powers, no one even with powers could reasonably control the planet.

I like "what would you do?" scenarios, they can be enlightening. But the questions as presented there are a bit limiting.

I'd be Spider-Man, would make enough money to live comfortably in NYC, and would otherwise be entirely altruistic and hopefully anonymous. Or a GL, and would leave Earth for the foreseeable future, making things like money and politics an afterthought.

Digi
Originally posted by h1a8

World would be normal, except no more stupid laws.

lol. Is this a serious answer?

Rao Kal El
I will be Superman.

And I will get rid of "world governments" per say.

No more countries but a single nation.

As for profit I will only live comfortably based basically on a Donation salary. Won't ask for money. Will use my powers to try to better the living conditions of everybody.

Will not supress freedom of speech even if they dislike my policies.
If humanity decides I am not the best solution I will step aside, but will still try to help to improve the lifes of everybody on earth.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

I'd kill people. All of them.

DarkSaint85
I'm so glad powers aren't a thing.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

I'd kill people. All of them.

Hahahahaha thank God there are no Superpowers

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm so glad powers aren't a thing.

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hahahahaha thank God there are no Superpowers

You two, I can kill without powers biscuits

Philosophía

Will you profit out of them or will you help with out expecting anything in exchange?

Also will you try to take over the world? Will you interfere on country politics? What will be the world like under you with superpowers? I'm Superman.

Make fortress of solitude
Gather anything I can on on governments/agencies/people. Listen for a few years.
Gather world leaders/high ranking officials.
Tell them there's nothing that they can do to even bother me.
Have a demonstration where they let them do anything while I stand there unhurt.
Tell them if I wanted to destroy the world, I already would have.
Have an interview/press conference, tell the world all I have found out, and if they want me to intervene.
Assume they will, given all the shady shit going out behind the scene.
I make panels of the most qualified people in certain topics . They will now run the world.
I let them find the best solutions they can, unaffected by politics.
I help them implement those solutions, but without providing them myself . When I see bias, or bad decision, I intervene.
Sit back as the world slowly becomes a Utopia.

deathslash
Are we just talking about superheroes or are the powers of our favorite villains allowed?

StiltmanFTW
Just favorite.

StiltmanFTW
Ah, villains. Dunno about those.

Rao was probably thinking too much about Supes to ever consider villains uhuh

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by deathslash
Are we just talking about superheroes or are the powers of our favorite villains allowed?

U can also use super villains

psycho gundam
Silver surfer

Fix everything wrong with mankind as well as things we've done to the environment, various species of animals/plants and then go on my own selfish pursuits like witnessing the past first hand

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Silver surfer

Fix everything wrong with mankind as well as things we've done to the environment, various species of animals/plants and then

And then nothing. As the task you assigned to yourself is impossible.

Just break the world as the Hulk and be done with it.

Mindship
Silver Surfer. I'd definitely be putting my stamp upon the world after careful consideration. I'd want it to be a happier, fairer world, with consequences for actions; but mostly, I'd want the world to do this independently, willingly, so that I could then go off and explore the cosmos.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And then nothing. As the task you assigned to yourself is impossible.

Just break the world as the Hulk and be done with it. You want that Abhilegend-esque harddrive purge, huh

Flyattractor
I will take Lobo Powers and ACT Exactly like LOBO!

Lotta Fraggin gonna be going on!!

deathslash
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I will take Lobo Powers and ACT Exactly like LOBO!

Lotta Fraggin gonna be going on!! and then you get punked by Hitman......

Another question, do you just get this character's powers or also their enemies?

Flyattractor
Oh I would love to meet the loser that would choose Hitman's Powers in this scenario. I would make Garth Ennis eat the remains before I did something even WORSE to him.

carver9
Surfer

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by deathslash
and then you get punked by Hitman......

Another question, do you just get this character's powers or also their enemies?

No, no enemies. You will be the only superpowered being on the planet .

The only way there could be more superpowered beings is if you decide and have the knowledge and capabilities to give super powers to others

Khazra Reborn
Thor.

I'd leave Earth and look for other shit. Earth is boring, who cares about what's going on here.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer

Carver chose the guy with no dick!

LOL!

Happy Dance

beatboks
I will be Superman.

And I will get rid of "world governments" per say.

No more countries but a single nation.

As for profit I will only live comfortably based basically on a Donation salary. Won't ask for money. Will use my powers to try to better the living conditions of everybody.

Will not supress freedom of speech even if they dislike my policies.
If humanity decides I am not the best solution I will step aside, but will still try to help to improve the lifes of everybody on earth.

If you were superman why would you live off donatio s?? A little xray vision of a part of earth not owned by anyone that has some minerals of worth like gold and you dig it up. Even easier grap some coal and turn it into diamonds in seconds.

As for the o e nation thi g you'd end up causing a lat of death as those with nationalist tendancies rebelled against your dictatorial ways. As Digi said there is no way anyone can control the masses in a way they would accept.

Id take the powers of a mystic (Dr Fate or Strange) conjure what ever I needed to support myself and then nudge political heads of state to act in the worldsbest interest (making sure they knew what ramifications of their decisions were but ultimately leaving them to make the final decision. Thats what's actually best for all.

cdtm
I wouldn't profit, and I wouldn't take over the world.

I'd be more like insane Genis-Vell then anything. (Which would probably inadvertantly cause quite a few wars thumb up )

beatboks
Just to elaborate on the above. There needs to be another side of the coin for the good to have meaning. Without bad things hiw dk we feel joy or appreciate what is worth appreciation. We dont. Mankind has to have the possibility of doing it wrong to appreciate the results of doing it right. If the decision is made for them then theres no worth in it.

And now I relinquish my soap box

psycho gundam
?

carver9
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Carver chose the guy with no dick!

LOL!

Happy Dance

Matter manipulate.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by beatboks
If you were superman why would you live off donatio s?? A little xray vision of a part of earth not owned by anyone that has some minerals of worth like gold and you dig it up. Even easier grap some coal and turn it into diamonds in seconds.

As for the o e nation thi g you'd end up causing a lat of death as those with nationalist tendancies rebelled against your dictatorial ways. As Digi said there is no way anyone can control the masses in a way they would accept.

Id take the powers of a mystic (Dr Fate or Strange) conjure what ever I needed to support myself and then nudge political heads of state to act in the worldsbest interest (making sure they knew what ramifications of their decisions were but ultimately leaving them to make the final decision. Thats what's actually best for all.

Yes probably

cdtm
Matter manipulate.

A.k.a. a cosmic strap on.

Surfer never whipped fully functional organic beings out of thin air.

Rao Kal El
Scans of surfer creating fully functioning dildos via matter manipulation?

Flyattractor
Matter manipulate.

Ya gotta have the Matter to Man-ipulate It!

psycho gundam
The silver coating can be withdrawn on a whim, unless you want to read a series with the main guy's d!ck swinging around (nttawwt)

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_ry_zpsq8mv8qzr.jpg

Or he can change into resembling anything he wants down to the flesh. you can even argue he can take on the biological aspects of any form he desires, human being alien to his Zenn-lavian biology ( shifty ). He also innocently scans then replicates every item a nearby man has on his person including a working lighter, gift, exact currency (and presumably id cards) and working watch, all things his culture seemingly has done away with long ago so he has no previous experience with them.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin_zpswxulqwfd.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin2_zps7o5ivdpd.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin3_zps2dd6ctpd.jpg

Damborgson
If I had Thor's powers?

I would probably tear down all world religions and become the god of Earth.

staxamillion

Also will you try to take over the world? Will you interfere on country politics? What will be the world like under you with superpowers?

id take Madison Jeffries power

id make a lot of money as an artist and inventor and use the money

after while id probably use most of my profits to better the world by throwing money because that's really the only thing people caring/moving

in the real world without supervillains I wouldn't feel compelled to be a hero outright because military and government reasons and I don't necessarily feel my morality should be imposed and no one should know I have this power so they wont be asking.

Rao Kal El
The silver coating can be withdrawn on a whim, unless you want to read a series with the main guy's d!ck swinging around (nttawwt)

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_ry_zpsq8mv8qzr.jpg

Or he can change into resembling anything he wants down to the flesh. you can even argue he can take on the biological aspects of any form he desires, human being alien to his Zenn-lavian biology ( shifty ). He also innocently scans then replicates every item a nearby man has on his person including a working lighter, gift, exact currency (and presumably id cards) and working watch, all things his culture seemingly has done away with long ago so he has no previous experience with them.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin_zpswxulqwfd.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin2_zps7o5ivdpd.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_skin3_zps2dd6ctpd.jpg

thumb up

I have seen that actually.

There are at least two takes on Surfers powers. One is that he has a silver coat on top of his body and the other one is that he is actually made out of silver with out any human organs but just a mass of silver pretty much like the t1000.

But yeah by the scans you posted he will be able to creates a fully functioning sexual organ or just take out his silver coating and be zenn lanian again.

psycho gundam
Why is it assumed he doesn't have sexual organs, though? He's drawn the same way all males are in comics for obvious reasons. The scans are just to illustrate that even if he didn't he could grant himself whatever he doesn't have including someone's entire identity and bank account

Rao Kal El
Why is it assumed he doesn't have sexual organs, though? He's drawn the same way all males are in comics for obvious reasons. The scans are just to illustrate that even if he didn't he could grant himself whatever he doesn't have including someone's entire identity and bank account

We are just joking with the enuch thing. I think it's obvious.

psycho gundam
But yeah by the scans you posted he will be able to creates a fully functioning sexual organ or just take out his silver coating and be zenn lanian again. Joke delivery needs some refinement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.