MCU Luke Cage/Black Panther vs. Sabertooth/Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Pre Logan Wolverine

Who wins

HulkIsHulk
MCU team wins.

KingD19
MCU should take it.

FrothByte
If this is Origins Sabertooth then MCU stomp. If this is X1 Sabertooth then MCU still wins, just works for it slightly harder.

TheVaultDweller
Well, as weird as this might sound, Origins Creed is technically the most canon version we have, as of DoFP. While it did erase the post-'73 events of Origins, Creed existed long before then. And it also rebooted what we see in the original trilogy, including the larger, more feral Sabretooth. So, we don't know if Creed still ends up that way in the rebooted time line, as he has not been shown again. Therefore, the most current canonical version is the Liev Schreiber version.

KingD19
Easy enough for Panther to knock Creed around while Cage bashes Logan into unconsciousness.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by KingD19
Easy enough for Panther to knock Creed around while Cage bashes Logan into unconsciousness.
I'd say the pairing should be reversed. Wolverine might be able to score an upset on Cage with his claws, after which they could team up on BP, but not to Panther, while Creed's claws won't do anything to either except if he goes for Cage's eyes.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, as weird as this might sound, Origins Creed is technically the most canon version we have, as of DoFP. While it did erase the post-'73 events of Origins, Creed existed long before then. And it also rebooted what we see in the original trilogy, including the larger, more feral Sabretooth. So, we don't know if Creed still ends up that way in the rebooted time line, as he has not been shown again. Therefore, the most current canonical version is the Liev Schreiber version.

If this is Origin's Creed then I'm tempted to say BP can solo.

John Murdoch
Only question I have is could Wolverine pierce Luke? Also, if we're going the origins route, Sabertooth and Wolvs post-adamantium are no slouches due to the Barakapool fight feats.

This is all irrelevant, however, due to Black Panther in-suit fighting Team Fox Mutants. I'll agree with Froth^ in saying he could potentially solo the both of them, as adamantium shouldn't be able to pierce vibranium.

Silent Master
What makes their Barakapool fight so impressive?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Silent Master
What makes their Barakapool fight so impressive?

For both: reacting (to an extent) to Barakapool's teleportation on the nuclear plant's tower final fight. Jumping off the plant tower and being fine/suffering walk-it-off type damage.

For Creed in the same fight: not getting incinerated/knocked out by Wade unloading on him with his optic blasts.

For Wolverine: the logs landing on him in the bar fight with Creed and Logan not being crushed to death. I think he was just unconscious, but no lasting damage was suffered.

Also, Logan's recovery before Logan is insanely fast. He also got fried from the A-bomb at Hiroshima (was it Nagasaki? Don't remember) but survived and recovered within seconds.

Sorry went beyond the Barakapool fight there.

I still think the team will win handily due to T'Challa and his suit and claws, but Creed and especially Logan have taken massive amounts of blunt force and heat trauma and recovered very very very quickly.

Silent Master
They didn't really react to his teleportation, they reacted to the attacks pool made after teleporting and even then, they had to fight back to back. Plus considering where they were fighting, they knew exactly where Pool would show up.

On your other examples, those are much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.