The Gardians of the Galaxy vs Future Sentinels...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Gamora...
Rocket Racoon...
Drax the Destroyer...
Starlord...
Groot (Mature)...

These 5 takes on 5 Future Sentinels from Days of Future Past in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Standard forum fight conditions apply; no Prep, 100 yard starting distance, standard equipment only, featureless environment...

The Future Sentinels have access to every power they utilized in the Days of Future Past movie...

Who wins?

juggerman
Soooooooo.....

If the Sentinels get every power and ability shown so far, then shouldn't the GotG? Or are we purposefully trying to balance the scales in favor of one side?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by juggerman
Or are we purposefully trying to balance the scales in favor of one side?

Not at all...

All acquired Future Sentinel powers go into a database that all of them can access on demand, so it makes perfect sense that they have access to all powers seen onscreen...

This does not apply to the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy however...

With that said:

Both sides battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Standard forum conditions apply...

Who wins?

juggerman
So Sentinels at their best and the GotG at less than their best? Got it. thumb up

TheLordofMurder
So Sentinels at their best and the GotG at less than their best? Got it. thumb up

The Sentinels are always at their best (due to their shared database)...

So, under the conditions present in the OP, who wins?

juggerman
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The Sentinels are always at their best

Well that's just untrue

TheLordofMurder
Well that's just untrue

Why wouldn't they be?

Once they get your power (or have developed an adaptation to a given power), they have it available on demand and any of them can access it as needed...

TheLordofMurder
So...Juggerman.

Are you going to answer the question asked in the OP?

juggerman
Why wouldn't they be?

Once they get your power (or have developed an adaptation to a given power), they have it available on demand and any of them can access it as needed...

So IOW they can get better? So how can they be at their best in the beginning before they begin to adapt?

So...Juggerman.

Are you going to answer the question asked in the OP?

I'm thinking.

TheLordofMurder
So IOW they can get better? So how can they be at their best in the beginning before they begin to adapt?

I'm thinking.

At their best as pertains to this thread is them having full access to every power they used in the movie...

Now obviously, based on what their primary powers allow them to do (Power Mimic and Power Drain), they really have no upper limit on how powerful they can be...

juggerman
At their best as pertains to this thread is them having full access to every power they used in the movie...

That wasn't what I was saying. I said you specifically made a thread where the Sentinels were at their best against a team that was stipulated to not be at their best. You then claimed the Sentinels were "always at their best". That is an untrue statement. They are only at their best here since you've created a scenario where they would be.

Now obviously, based on what their primary powers allow them to do (Power Mimic and Power Drain), they really have no upper limit on how powerful they can be...

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that be considered a "no limits fallacy"?

TheLordofMurder
That wasn't what I was saying. I said you specifically made a thread where the Sentinels were at their best against a team that was stipulated to not be at their best. You then claimed the Sentinels were "always at their best". That is an untrue statement. They are only at their best here since you've created a scenario where they would be.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that be considered a "no limits fallacy"?

The Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket in particular) need prep to be at their best and no prep is a standard forum condition...

I'd actually have to go against standard forum fight conditions to have the Guardians at their best here...

So, are you here just to troll or are you going to pick a winner?

The fight is as fair as it can be given that I am using standard forum conditions for them to fight in...

TheLordofMurder
As pertains to the "no limits fallacy," this is a rare situation where its not a fallacy at all...

The story directly tells us that the Future Sentinels had largely rid the world of mutants (millions of them worldwide) due to their ability to Power Mimic and Power Drain...

The only ones who survived where the ones who ran; all of the rest died...

If their primary powers are strong enough to drive an entire race of superhuman beings to the brink of extinction, then those powers are very powerful...

Until proven otherwise, there really isn't any limit to how powerful they can be based on what the story gave us...

I must add that the movie Sentinels and Comicbook Sentinels mirror each other in this regard as the Comicbook Sentinels proved strong enough to destroy a mutant that was beyond Omega Level...

juggerman
The Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket in particular) need prep to be at their best and no prep is a standard forum condition...

I'd actually have to go against standard forum fight conditions to have the Guardians at their best here...

So, are you here just to troll or are you going to pick a winner?

The fight is as fair as it can be given that I am using standard forum conditions for them to fight in...

Under these conditions the Sentinels have had their "prep". They were able to collect multiple powers and abilities before entering this battle. Again you specifically had to say the Sentinels have every power seen so far which means that their default setting is to have no powers; much like the GotG's default is to have no prep.

So again you've given on side a clear biased advantage against another team where you've purposely kept them well away from their full potential.

No trolling just pointing out how you're stacking the deck in favor of the team you want to win. Just like I could say Batman vs Niteowl or I could say Batman vs Niteowl and oh by the way Niteowl just happened to have brought all of his equipment with him that day and is riding in the Owlship.

Standard forum conditions would have the Sentinels starting at base I would think

TheLordofMurder
A Galactus level mutant named Franklin Richards:

juggerman
Is that from the movie? Or are you bringing up this that don't matter here?

TheLordofMurder
Under these conditions the Sentinels have had their "prep". They were able to collect multiple powers and abilities before entering this battle. Again you specifically had to say the Sentinels have every power seen so far which means that their default setting is to have no powers; much like the GotG's default is to have no prep.

So again you've given on side a clear biased advantage against another team where you've purposely kept them well away from their full potential.

No trolling just pointing out how you're stacking the deck in favor of the team you want to win. Just like I could say Batman vs Niteowl or I could say Batman vs Niteowl and oh by the way Niteowl just happened to have brought all of his equipment with him that day is is riding in the Owlship.

Standard forum conditions would have the Sentinels starting at base I would think

The Sentinels are as they were at the end of Days of Future Past...

Just as the Guardians are as they were at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (except that Groot is fully mature in this thread)...

Its balanced and neither side has prep so there is no handicap in place...

TheLordofMurder
Is that from the movie? Or are you bringing up this that don't matter here?

Are you ready to name a winner in this contest?

juggerman
The Sentinels are as they were at the end of Days of Future Past...

Just as the Guardians are as they were at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (except that Groot is fully mature in this thread)...

Its balanced and neither side has prep so there is no handicap in place...

Sentinels were non existent at the end of DoFP.

Oh I see. You did make a alteration to the GotG. You made Goot a grown up to balance it out. You may not be so biased after all

No side has prep but one side is amped while the other is not

Are you ready to name a winner in this contest?

So that picture was pointless?

TheLordofMurder
Sentinels were non existent at the end of DoFP.

Oh I see. You did make a alteration to the GotG. You made Goot a grown up to balance it out. You may not be so biased after all

No side has prep but one side is amped while the other is not

So that picture was pointless?

That picture was just to draw the parallel between the movie and comicbook Sentinels...

Both had driven the mutant race to the brink of extinction with their vast powers of adaptation...

So, as per the conditions present in the OP, who wins?

juggerman
That picture was just to draw the parallel between the movie and comicbook Sentinels...

Both had driven the mutant race to the brink of extinction with their vast powers of adaptation...

So, as per the conditions present in the OP, who wins?

The sentinels from the comics were more powerful than the ones from the films. Comic counterparts mean nothing in this forum. You know this.

You mean the clearly biased OP? I'm still thinking. Such a close fight you know

TheLordofMurder
The sentinels from the comics were more powerful than the ones from the films. Comic counterparts mean nothing in this forum. You know this.

You mean the clearly biased OP? I'm still thinking. Such a close fight you know

Well let me know when you are ready to pick a winner then we can talk further...

juggerman
As pertains to the "no limits fallacy," this is a rare situation where its not a fallacy at all...

The story directly tells us that the Future Sentinels had largely rid the world of mutants (millions of them worldwide) due to their ability to Power Mimic and Power Drain...

The only ones who survived where the ones who ran; all of the rest died...

If their primary powers are strong enough to drive an entire race of superhuman beings to the brink of extinction, then those powers are very powerful...

Until proven otherwise, there really isn't any limit to how powerful they can be based on what the story gave us...

I must add that the movie Sentinels and Comicbook Sentinels mirror each other in this regard as the Comicbook Sentinels proved strong enough to destroy a mutant that was beyond Omega Level...

Sorry I missed this one.

The story tells us that the Sentinels can adapt to mutant powers. However, seeing as mutant powers have clear limits in the movies then so do the Sentinels. Even if they adapted to every power on Earth the would still be beaten by more powerful non mutant beings.

I never said they weren't powerful. But claiming there is no limit is faulty

Yeah that's a fallacy. There is a clear limit. They wiped out the mutant race meaning they got as good as they were going to get.

Comics aren't canon here. If Franklin Richards showed up in the X-Men movie verse he would wipe the Sentinels out in the blink of an eye. No contest

TheLordofMurder
Sorry I missed this one.

The story tells us that the Sentinels can adapt to mutant powers. However, seeing as mutant powers have clear limits in the movies then so do the Sentinels. Even if they adapted to every power on Earth the would still be beaten by more powerful non mutant beings.

I never said they weren't powerful. But claiming there is no limit is faulty

Yeah that's a fallacy. There is a clear limit. They wiped out the mutant race meaning they got as good as they were going to get.

Comics aren't canon here. If Franklin Richards showed up in the X-Men movie verse he would wipe the Sentinels out in the blink of an eye. No contest

The movie places no limit on them...not me.

The movie portrayed them as an unbeatable foe (dude, they conquered the entire planet Earth), thus they could be as powerful as they needed to be...

That is "no limit," but without the fallacy portion...

juggerman
The movie places no limit on them...not me.

The movie portrayed them as an unbeatable foe (dude, they conquered the entire planet Earth), thus they could be as powerful as they needed to be...

That is "no limit," but without the fallacy portion...

The movie never placed no limits on them. If they truly had no limits they wouldn't have gotten damaged or destroyed at all but they did.

We see Sabretooth heal from every single thing he was hit with. does that mean he could heal from being tossed in the sun? Come on man use your noggin

TheLordofMurder
The movie never placed no limits on them. If they truly had no limits they wouldn't have gotten damaged or destroyed at all but they did.

We see Sabretooth heal from every single thing he was hit with. does that mean he could heal from being tossed in the sun? Come on man use your noggin

Of course I'm thinking...

You are just splitting hairs and trying to make points that really have no bearing on which side wins in the OP...

The movie portrayed the Future Sentinels as unbeatable, now does that mean that a single Sentinel is beyond harming? Of course not...

But the Future Sentinels as a whole where unbeatable; they were so unbeatable that the only solution was to go back in time and prevent the events that lead to their creation...

In direct combat, no force could defeat them...

None...

They overwhelmed the planet and nothing was able to stop them...

But once again, you are evading the question the OP...

Plain and simple...

Now, I'll ask you a final time: as per the OP, which side wins...

If you don't want to answer, then fine, but I wont be responding to you anymore unless its as regards the winner of the fight in the OP...

juggerman
Of course I'm thinking...

You are just splitting hairs and trying to make points that really have no bearing on which side wins in the OP...

The movie portrayed the Future Sentinels as unbeatable, now does that mean that a single Sentinel is beyond harming? Of course not...

But the Future Sentinels as a whole where unbeatable; they were so unbeatable that the only solution was to go back in time and prevent the events that lead to their creation...

In direct combat, no force could defeat them...

None...

They overwhelmed the planet and nothing was able to stop them...

But once again, you are evading the question the OP...

Plain and simple...

Now, I'll ask you a final time: as per the OP, which side wins...

If you don't want to answer, then fine, but I wont be responding to you anymore unless its as regards the winner of the fight in the OP...

You're kind of being idiotic now. They weren't unbeatable. They could be damaged and destroyed. The only reason they took over was because they were designed specifically to fight mutants. Humans didn't try to stop them. The government didn't try to shut them down or destroy them. Prove they could survive nuke. A bunch couldn't even survive a plane exploding.

Yes they wrecked a huge part of the population but don't act like they took over the entire planet and overwhelmed Earth's defenses. They were shown as unbeatable only because of the opponent the were geared to face. An anteater seems unbeatable to ants too.

Going by the countless threads you've created that the Sentinels lost in I'd think you would be more aware of the Sentinel's shortcomings.

Juk3n
Two pages and one guy just cant say the words.

Sentinels win. Go away?

juggerman
i'm not convinced. Sell me on the sentinels

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Juk3n
Two pages and one guy just cant say the words.

Sentinels win. Go away?

thumb up

Don't forget to vote...

☺

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.