TPM Kenobi vs Blind Kanan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dispray
Kenobi from TPM
vs
Blind Kanan from S3 Rebels
Sabers only
Force only
All out

Trocity
Kenobi.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan.

DarthDuelist9
Kanan, more powerful and probably more skilled.

Rockydonovang
Kanan's more powerful, skill is up for debate

Big Gerald
Tie

MythLord
TPM Obi.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi definitely.

DarthDuelist9
Still Kanan though.

Darth Thor
Kenobi.

Blind Kanan's best feat was throwing Old Maul off a cliff after exchanging a few blows with him, then dropping to the floor himself.

TPM Kenobi got thrown off a ledge by Young Darth Maul after lasting through an intense 1 v 1 against him for over 30secinds, and still able to leap back up and win the day.

Rockydonovang
Neither Kenobi's contention with maul when enraged or Kanan's bfr of Rebels Maul should really be used here

deathslash
Kenobi beat maul when he was at his best and this was after maul rather easily demonstrated that he could kill a Jedi Master. Kanan still nearly lost to old man maul.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kenobi.

Blind Kanan's best feat was throwing Old Maul off a cliff after exchanging a few blows with him, then dropping to the floor himself.

TPM Kenobi got thrown off a ledge by Young Darth Maul after lasting through an intense 1 v 1 against him for over 30secinds, and still able to leap back up and win the day.

You can't compare the situations, Kanan was pre-season 3 in which he clearly advanced (and the whole just blinded stuff is shady anyway) and Obi-Wan was taking Maul by suprise (death of Jinn and stuff). You're litterally comparing two fights extremely influenced by circumstances with each other, there's no way that it's going to produce something of use.

On the fight itself I prefer Kanan, solidly more powerful and probably more skilled. He was already edging out Inquisitors by the end of season 2 and advanced throughout season 3. These Inquisitors were strong enough to last far longer against a better opponent (Ahsoka) than TPM Obi ever did against Maul under favoring circumstances nonetheless.

Rockydonovang
I think Kanan's power could definitely be argued to give him the win here. Kanan's hard to place skill wise though.

McP
Kenobi

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by deathslash
Kenobi beat maul when he was at his best and this was after maul rather easily demonstrated that he could kill a Jedi Master. Kanan still nearly lost to old man maul.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that his combative capabilities played pretty much no part in his victory against Maul...

UCanShootMyNova
Kenobi.

Kanan's best feat is beating the Inquisitor while not having to worry about Ezra and manipulating two ship sized asteroids with Ezra.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that he was enraged at the time whilst Maul was injured and had just fought both Qui Gon and Obi Wan for several minutes before that point.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Conveniently ignoring the fact that his combative capabilities played pretty much no part in his victory against Maul...

I get it was a temporary victory. It's not like he ever had an opportunity to finish Maul off. And Kanan would most definitely not want a 1v1 rematch.

Edit: Unless you mean Kenobi. In which case of course Kenobi's combat abilities helped. He went toe to toe with Maul for over 30 seconds, and even chopped his Saber staff in 2.

Point is Kenobi looks better than Kanan regardless.

UCanShootMyNova
I get it was a temporary victory. It's not like he ever had an opportunity to finish Maul off. And Kanan would most definitely not want a 1v1 rematch.

Point is Kenobi looks better regardless.

Not saying he would but TPM Kenobi lasting 30 seconds whilst enraged against TPM Maul isn't as good as beating the GI imo.

The GI is stated to be more powerful then S1 Kanan who, as mentioned manipulated ship sized asteroids and held up a collapsed mining zone. The GI is stated to be more powerful then Kanan and skilled enough in all 7 forms of lightsaber combat to instantly recognize an opponent's style and master.

It's apparent that Kanan's potential is above that of the GI's own given his vast improvement in performance against him with every encounter until their final one where Kanan surpasses him.

Edit: I do mean Kenobi. Yes, he did that. It had nothing to do with his victory.

He's not for the reasons described above.

Darth Thor
Kanan's best feat is beating the Inquisitor while not having to worry about Ezra and manipulating two ship sized asteroids with Ezra.

Got confused between this post and the other...

Maul wasn't injured in Canon.

I think Kenobi's performance was about much more than him simply being angry. He likely improved through that fight, and then was determined to "right the wrong" done to Qui-Gon, much like when Adi Gallia died in TCW.

Unlike Kanan who simply had a "Force" moment against Maul.

UCanShootMyNova
Got confused between this post and the other...

Maul wasn't injured in Canon.

I think Kenobi's performance was about much more than him simply being angry. He likely improved through that fight, and then was determined to "right the wrong" done to Qui-Gon, much like when Adi Gallia died in TCW.

Unlike Kanan who simply had a "Force" moment against Maul.

And are we debating canon only?

He didn't "improve" throughout that fight. If he was fighting better then normally then it was temporary.

I'm not using Kanan's performance against Maul as apart of my argument.

deathslash
Conveniently ignoring the fact that his combative capabilities played pretty much no part in his victory against Maul... conveniently forgetting that maul had the high ground and kenobi still beat him.

UCanShootMyNova
conveniently forgetting that maul had the high ground and kenobi still beat him.

Ah, I overestimated you.

deathslash
Ah, I overestimated you. no. You underestimate my power.

Darth Thor
conveniently forgetting that maul had the high ground and kenobi still beat him.

It's almost as if Obi-Wan surprised Maul with Qui-Gon's weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.