Guy Gardner: Warrior vs Random

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

staxamillion
Nod To Riv's 90's thread

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/e5/3d/8ae53d3476a19c3eb6432f4c7bb81e4e.jpg

VS

http://www.guygardnercolonwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ggw40-cover.jpg

no prep
morals off

who takes it? who morphs the best? could Random counter Guy's vuldarian power or would it devolve into a slug out shootem up?

staxamillion
No BFR

beatboks
Love fo hear some feats for Ra dom.
I love that version of gardner. He was ertsinly durae and tkugh. Sulerman actually said he hit as hard as doomsday (though I suspect hyperbole)

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
Love fo hear some feats for Ra dom.
I love that version of gardner. He was ertsinly durae and tkugh. Sulerman actually said he hit as hard as doomsday (though I suspect hyperbole)

That She-Hulk clone with a mohawk, Rampage, beat him down, and she was never Doomsday powerful. So I'd say hyperbole. (Not to mention Superman himself KO'd him easy. And then didn't do it again for some reason..)

Don't know who Random is.

staxamillion
Random is an x-factor bad from the 90's

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marshall_Stone_III_(Earth-616)

staxamillion
tanked

deathslash
Randoms ability to make powers on the fly (and much more reliably that Darwin) should give him the win IMO.

leonidas
he has some pretty serious limits iirc. thought he could only counter mutants? pretty gardner is out of his league.

Flyattractor
Oh gawd I remember Marvel trying to push this character down the fans throats. It was Awesomlley bad but fun to watch.

leonidas
i remember thinking he was pretty cool. but seem to recall him getting his a$$ beat by x-factor too.... quite a while ago. my impression is gardner is well past him.

Flyattractor
Marvel tried so hard to come up with their own Lobo there for a while but just never seemed to get there.

But yeah. Guy makes paste out of this guy....HA!

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
That She-Hulk clone with a mohawk, Rampage, beat him down, and she was never Doomsday powerful. So I'd say hyperbole. (Not to mention Superman himself KO'd him easy. And then didn't do it again for some reason..)

Don't know who Random is.

On the other hand he had a bar brawl with Lobo that went for lages with neither really finishing it off. Not to me tion the hammer of Steel striking him after a loop around the planet and not KOing him (the same hammer that gets more powerful / has vreater inertil the further it goes).

He had some very good highs in durability (lot more than lows certainly)

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
On the other hand he had a bar brawl with Lobo that went for lages with neither really finishing it off. Not to me tion the hammer of Steel striking him after a loop around the planet and not KOing him (the same hammer that gets more powerful / has vreater inertil the further it goes).

He had some very good highs in durability (lot more than lows certainly)

If you're thinking of the Warrior/Lobo bar fight, remember how that ended. wink

Think Gardner lost his ENTIRE stock that day.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Marvel tried so hard to come up with their own Lobo there for a while but just never seemed to get there.

But yeah. Guy makes paste out of this guy....HA!

Wasted effort when they have Wade.

Him and Lobo need to team up. Probably break the fourth wall's wall.

krisblaze
Random couldn't make up powers tbh, he just had control over his own body and used it pretty effectively.

Gardner is much more powerful.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
Wasted effort when they have Wade.

Him and Lobo need to team up. Probably break the fourth wall's wall.

Technically "Deadpool" was around then but he wasn't really DEADPOOL at the time. Which is funny seeing as how the comparison between Lobo and DP is rather accurate because neither really set out to be as popular as they became.

And DP and Lobo "KIND OF" did get a Crossover...."Sort Of"

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101568/2319570-dirtywolff.jpg

staxamillion
I do feel it is gardner's fight to lose. he has done so really crazy transformative feats in the warrior series I guessing Random just doesn't have enough feats to see him counteracting Guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.