Phoenix Point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
This is a strategy game thats the spiritual successor of Xcom (by the same people) except Lovecraftian horrors from space instead of the stereotypical extraterrestrial. I've been following it for a few months now. It looks great

_uMePkH8oX0

Nemesis X
I love Xcom (even though I suck at it) so it's cool to see more of this kind of game.

Smasandian
Interested. I wonder how it will turn out.

Because I love the new versions of XCOM.

EDIT: See the expected release is end of 2018. Man, that's a long time away and most likely will be competing with XCOM 3.

Arachnid1
iuN9g502cYM

http://www.pcgamer.com/x-com-creators-phoenix-point-successfully-crowdfunded-reveals-two-stretch-goals/

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point

Old articles, but I'm adding the info just to keep anyone interested updated. I'll still be following the hell out of this game. So far they've made 765,948 which is still a long way from the stretch goal. The funding has slowed down considerably by now, though they met the first stretch goal. Too bad we may not make it to the 850k for that floating base and the 1.2 mil towards the underwater assaults is flat out not happening.

Arachnid1
Phoenix Point is now 1 year Epic Store exclusive. A steam key was originally promised to those who funded, and they have now confirmed that won't be happening. They've offered refunds to those who want it, but it still sucks since your early funders support means fuk all.

Just went from Day 1 to get the full edition for 20 dollars on steam in 2021.

Smasandian
I understand your point.

I find the Steam store vs EPIC store a bit silly. They are forgetting Valve required every Half Life 2 owner to use Steam.

Arachnid1
Yeah, I get those who don't mind the multiple launchers and the steam comparison, but I didn't start my steam collection until three years ago. Still, I've amassed a ton of games on it, and I don't want to start splitting my games across multiple launchers. It's not about Steam vs Epic. I don't care for either company any more than they care for me. It's the same reason I've never bought a game on Origin or Uplay. Phoenix Point won't be going anywhere, so it can wait.

cdtm
Ugh, Xcom. The video game equivalent of Valium.

Nemesis X
It's getting a console release. Out October 1st.

syAmMrov24Y

Smasandian
This was released on Game Pass a long time ago (2 years?)

It wasn't that great.....I think they might have fixed it...but its far from XCOM in terms of quality.

Just made me want to play War of the Chosen again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.