The Battle for the Title: Jane Thor vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins this all out brawl between these two power houses. Odinson have his hammer here. No bfr.

celeyhyga17
Odinson.

Next thread.

DarkSaint85
Jane calls Mjolnir, and they both respond to her like they've never done for Odinson.

celeyhyga17
Not when he's worthy.

Next.

DarkSaint85
When he was worthy,it flew for him like it does for her?

Damborgson
It's not a goddamn title. His name is Thor. Christ this is gonna give me Vietnam flashbacks in a few years.

Philosophía
Jane, at this point, could probably ask the hammer to kill Thor, and it would.

The supernova feat was basically her going 'hey, help me with this shit' and it did.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When he was worthy,it flew for him like it does for her?
Mjolnir flying for her like it never did for Odinson doesn't have anything to do with her easily wresting Mjolnir from his control.

StiltmanFTW
Cancer nurse murders janithor.

abhilegend
Real Thor kills Odinson.

Damborgson

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by abhilegend
Real Thor kills Odinson.

laughing That was mean laughing

I have an idea for a the thread

If both at their "highest" level of worthiness call Mjolnir, who will Mjolnir choose? Thor or Jane?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Damborgson
It's not a goddamn title. His name is Thor. Christ this is gonna give me Vietnam flashbacks in a few years.

thumb up

Flyattractor
As long as Marvel is controlled by SJW Nutcases, It will be Jane all day every day....no matter how much the sales tank because of it.

carver9

Lol...i wasn't talking about the name title, I'm talking about the title of being the best Thor.

Rao Kal El
How are Thor sales anyway? Did they improve with the change or stayed the same, worse?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Who wins this all out brawl between these two power houses. Odinson have his hammer here. No bfr.

Is this a bait thread? Odinson is his last name. Thor is his title he chose not to lift Ult Mjolnir and Fury/Gorr mindphucked him. Jane is a fill in just like Masterson, Norvell, Tarene. Every title character has their title usurped Cap, Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman there are a million Laterns (well lanterns dont count) but at the end of the day it always comes back to the OG.

Are you asking who jas the best average? Odinson. Best highs? Odinson. Better fighter, more durable, better damage soak? Odinson. Who has fought a beaten a higher pedigree of opponents? Odinson. Just because Marvel did a soft retcon and made the hammer sentient, moody and sexist doesnt cast aside decades of feats. Nor does it "flying for her better than him" prove anything. I recently read an article where its stated Cho has the potential to be a stronger Hulk than Banner. Does that make Cho a better Hulk than Banner? No. Hes just the flavor of the month.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is this a bait thread? Odinson is his last name. Thor is his title he chose not to lift Ult Mjolnir and Fury/Gorr mindphucked him. Jane is a fill in just like Masterson, Norvell, Tarene. Every title character has their title usurped Cap, Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Wonder Woman there are a million Laterns (well lanterns dont count) but at the end of the day it always comes back to the OG.

Are you asking who jas the best average? Odinson. Best highs? Odinson. Better fighter, more durable, better damage soak? Odinson. Who has fought a beaten a higher pedigree of opponents? Odinson. Just because Marvel did a soft retcon and made the hammer sentient, moody and sexist doesnt cast aside decades of feats. Nor does it "flying for her better than him" prove anything. I recently read an article where its stated Cho has the potential to be a stronger Hulk than Banner. Does that make Cho a better Hulk than Banner? No. Hes just the flavor of the month.
IDK... I'd def credit Thor with better highs, but from what I've seen she does have the edge in "averages". I mean she's racked up quite a feat catelog within a relatively short period of time.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
How are Thor sales anyway? Did they improve with the change or stayed the same, worse?

Seeing as how even Spider-man titles seem to be barely getting 60 thousand in sales I would bet none of the Thor titles are really doing all that great.

eaebiakuya
Jane has edge in a average...because Aaron Thor is a High end Thor. Jane average is better than Aaron Thor? No.

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/Y70rhBsWUSnaE/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/ml3LqGccLgTtK/giphy.gif

CosmicComet
Thor wins.

Mjolnir favors her more than it ever favored Odinsn.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Initially it was due to the mystery of who she was. Its dropped dramatically

Originally posted by darthgoober
IDK... I'd def credit Thor with better highs, but from what I've seen she does have the edge in "averages". I mean she's racked up quite a feat catelog within a relatively short period of time.

Such as?

celeyhyga17
His highs are so ridiculous it pushes his average pretty up there.

She has no where near the high showings he has.

Damborgson

Well said.

eaebiakuya
Jane best feats are:
- Stoping a Supernova comet with a storm.
- Dent adamantium plates with bare hands.
- Summon a giant Storm in Jupiter (maybe bigger than earth?)
- Send Odin across Saturn moons (and tank punchs like that).
- The Speed feat in Dr.Strange issue.
- Good fights against Gladiator and Odinson.

I think at least She has a better average( and possible the best feat) if we talk about storm sizes (one planetary another bigger than a star). If we talk in pure power output, Godblast is above anything she did.

Btw, imo the Odin her fight dont have Odinforce or only part of it. Also i think we should scale any phisical feat for Odinson.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Jane best feats are:

I think at least She has a better average( and possible the best feat) if we talk about storm sizes (one planetary another bigger than a star). If we talk in pure power output, Godblast is above anything she did.

Btw, imo the Odin her fight dont have Odinforce or only part of it. Also i think we should scale any phisical feat for Odinson.

Thor blasted Glory with storms that could tear apart 10,000 worlds or something like that, Jane manipulating Jupiters red spot is nothing in comparison to that.

celeyhyga17
Jane best feats are:

Punching Odin and sending him moon distances is questionable .. They were engaged in fisticuffs while traveling great distances.

She would lose the high end game with Odinson.... By a country mile.

He was able to hurt a being that had absorbed 98.7% of the multiverse with a lightning shot.

Jane got owned by the Phoenix force. So did he, but he was still able to clip its wings in one encounter and even knocked it out with a hammer throw that sent it flying planetary distances.

He was able to absorb the entirety of the godbomb blast into himself long enough to save the day. Said bomb was in the process of killing all gods in the omniverse.. We're talking past, present, and future.

He went Probe busting with Hyperion, but instead of measly probes he was cracking the physical forms of beyonders.

I could go on, but u get the picture.

darthgoober
Such as?
Ripping apart a large adamantium/vibranium alloy door with her bare hands, preforming multiple surgeries so fast that she was melting the metal instruments, and her fight against Odin are the first to spring to mind.

darthgoober
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
His highs are so ridiculous it pushes his average pretty up there.

She has no where near the high showings he has.
Oh I know he's got a bunch on high end feats and you'll never hear me say she can match them, but he has SOOO many more appearances it just seems to me that her average is higher. Now if I was to read every one of his appearances back to back and see all of his high end stuff in a more rapid fasion it might tip the scales of "averages" back into his favor, but at a casual glance I'm inclined to giving her the nod.

Sin I AM
Im gonna correct some misinformation thats out there...Jane didnt stop that Super Comet. Mjolnir did. She prayed to the god Tempest to produce the super storm and IT took out the comet.

As opposed to Thor whose own INNATE power took out Glory. His godly spark created cosmic fire which resulted in a quantum tsunami which temporarily tore thru reality to wit Odinson was at the center if it. This was an ENTIRE pantheon and their worlds fighting 1 Thor.

hardly comparable feats

h1a8
This isn't a feat war, this is a fight. Who wins and why? Thor is the better fighter. Jane is stronger and faster and has better Mjolnir attacks. She can just send Mjolnir at Thor in a frenzy.

In close combat then Odinson should have the slight edge because of skill (but her strength and speed might make up for that).

Jane wins this.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
This isn't a feat war, this is a fight. Who wins and why? Thor is the better fighter. Jane is stronger and faster and has better Mjolnir attacks. She can just send Mjolnir at Thor in a frenzy.

In close combat then Odinson should have the slight edge because of skill (but her strength and speed might make up for that).

Jane wins this.

We base "fights" here off "feats" boy do try and keep up. Lol at strength..Jane is NOT stronger. She has ONE notable speed feat which IS NOT even combat related. Spamming mjolnir is her only tactic. If youre gonna pull shit out your ass atleast make sure it aint bull.

celeyhyga17

Jane wins this.
All the showings I mentioned were all battle feats.

Flyattractor
So when did Marvel jump the shit shark and start this "Thor is a Title" Bullshit exactly?

carver9
Im gonna correct some misinformation thats out there...Jane didnt stop that Super Comet. Mjolnir did. She prayed to the god Tempest to produce the super storm and IT took out the comet.

As opposed to Thor whose own INNATE power took out Glory. His godly spark created cosmic fire which resulted in a quantum tsunami which temporarily tore thru reality to wit Odinson was at the center if it. This was an ENTIRE pantheon and their worlds fighting 1 Thor.

hardly comparable feats

Did you read the Glory fight? He absorbed Glory attack via Mjlonir and sent it back at him. That's not using hisbinnate power, that's using Glory power.

Sin I AM
Did you read the Glory fight? He absorbed Glory attack via Mjlonir and sent it back at him. That's not using hisbinnate power, that's using Glory power.

Im talking abour the spark carver. That kept him alive when he couldnt go on...when Glory was crushing hin, which Glory also sensed and pissed his pants.

abhilegend
That was spark of TOAA.

h1a8
We base "fights" here off "feats" boy do try and keep up. Lol at strength..Jane is NOT stronger. She has ONE notable speed feat which IS NOT even combat related. Spamming mjolnir is her only tactic. If youre gonna pull shit out your ass atleast make sure it aint bull.

You do, I don't. It's stupid to do that. That's a fact and not an opinion.
Feats are only relevant is if they the correspond to the actual forum fight.

Jane is stronger. Odinson can not bend adamantium/vibranium. He once hit adamantium will all his might and visually did no damage.
Her speed feat can be applied to combat.
It just takes common sense.

And spamming Mjolnir is an automatic win for her.

h1a8
All the showings I mentioned were all battle feats. That has nothing to do with this fight. They are irrelevant.

Sin I AM
You do, I don't. It's stupid to do that. That's a fact and not an opinion.
Feats are only relevant is if they the correspond to the actual forum fight.

Jane is stronger. Odinson can not bend adamantium/vibranium. He once hit adamantium will all his might and visually did no damage.
Her speed feat can be applied to combat.
It just takes common sense.

And spamming Mjolnir is an automatic win for her.

Yet again youre not making zero sense. Janes sole strength feat is akin to me opeining an elevator door. It is not as impressive as youre making out, all she managed to do was overcome the mechanism which kept it closed. And it took all her strength to do that. We dont even know what grade adamantium it was..True, secondary etc?

Her speed feat should not be used as a combat showing. It isnt relevant.

And if she spams mjolnor he can just block it like hes always done with his own mjolnir

celeyhyga17
That has nothing to do with this fight. They are irrelevant.
Didn't know battle feats don't count in battleboard... erm

h1a8
Yet again youre not making zero sense. Janes sole strength feat is akin to me opeining an elevator door. It is not as impressive as youre making out, all she managed to do was overcome the mechanism which kept it closed. And it took all her strength to do that. We dont even know what grade adamantium it was..True, secondary etc?

Her speed feat should not be used as a combat showing. It isnt relevant.

And if she spams mjolnor he can just block it like hes always done with his own mjolnir
She physically ripped and bent the doors. Thor could not even VISUALLY bent adamantium with using Mjolnir (which amps his striking power). This is a vast difference in strength.

In comics adamantium is considered true adamantium by writer's intentions unless otherwise stated or later retconned.

Thor can't continue to block a spamming Mjolnir that's coming from all directions (even behind him).

Khazra Reborn
She physically ripped and bent the doors. Thor could not even VISUALLY bent adamantium with using Mjolnir (which amps his striking power). This is a vast difference in strength.

In comics adamantium is considered true adamantium by writer's intentions unless otherwise stated or later retconned.

Thor can't continue to block a spamming Mjolnir that's coming from all directions (even behind him).

You do know Jane has Thor's strength right? There's no possible way she's stronger than him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You do know Jane has Thor's strength right? There's no possible way she's stronger than him. She's stronger. Mjolnir gives her strength. Odinson has his own strength.

And how would you explain Odinson not being able to do anything to adamantium and Jane can?

Khazra Reborn
She's stronger. Mjolnir gives her strength. Odinson has his own strength.

And how would you explain Odinson not being able to do anything to adamantium and Jane can?

Different writers, obviously. Aaron writes Thor at a pretty high clip compared to others. Mjolnir grants Jane the power of Thor, theres no way she's stronger than him, with the exact same physical stats, that's stupid.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In the words of Doctor Doom:
https://s11.postimg.org/b5zmw6oyb/2gods.jpg

The real Odinson is a lot more experienced but Jane Thor has a lot of help from Mjolnir. Stalemate or edge to Thor.

Aaron's Thor definitely has one of the highest averages in a very long time which is probably what paints this picture in your mind. His run with Thor was a lot more dark and LOTR style but the average was as high (With one of Thor's greatest feats, yet to be matched by Jane) as his Jane Thor.

God of Thunder was pretty savage.

celeyhyga17
She's stronger. Mjolnir gives her strength. Odinson has his own strength.

Not transferring feats, but technically it's his power that she obtained. His strength, his durability, his speed, his damage soak. His physical attributes. Just food for thought.

Now that's out of the way, he doesn't have to rip adamantium/vibranium doors to show he has the strength to compete.

He has plenty of strength feats that she's never performed. He has easily crumbled uru twice. He's easily snapped Adamantium alloy cables. He's pushed against the will of the Yggdrassil. He's pulled the Midgard Serpent off of the earth.

And for comparison, he's knocked out the Phoenix entity and sent it flying planetary distances. He's also literally clipped its wings. She on the other hand hasn't done much against it. In fact the only time she was sort of doing well against it was when he came to the rescue and matched the mother storm with his own inmate storm powers.

Sin I AM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1ee56b288e6240aad730fbf6a1c47ea6/tumblr_or778neAEr1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/4bf21732d8737ca9d124c0ac7e4c8446/tumblr_or7792KYVu1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

She did not rip it she pried it apart. And as u can see it's split down the middle like an elevator. Unless youre telling me Jane broke thru something that mjolnir could not

Flyattractor
So basically that is Mijnoir's Strenght. Not Jane's. What has she got WITH OUT the Hammer backing her up?

h1a8
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Different writers, obviously. Aaron writes Thor at a pretty high clip compared to others. Mjolnir grants Jane the power of Thor, theres no way she's stronger than him, with the exact same physical stats, that's stupid. It's not logical that she has the same strength as Odinson.
Odinson didn't receive his strength from Mjolnir. He was born with it.
Mjolnir is now more powerful than Odin (Odin couldn't lift it). It could easily give Jane more strength than Odinson.

Anyway it's clear cut and Canon if one character can do something strength wise and another can't then they are stronger.

carver9
She did bend the metal that was enhanced by magic. Look at her hands and the dents in the metal.

h1a8
Not transferring feats, but technically it's his power that she obtained. His strength, his durability, his speed, his damage soak. His physical attributes. Just food for thought.

Now that's out of the way, he doesn't have to rip adamantium/vibranium doors to show he has the strength to compete.

He has plenty of strength feats that she's never performed. He has easily crumbled uru twice. He's easily snapped Adamantium alloy cables. He's pushed against the will of the Yggdrassil. He's pulled the Midgard Serpent off of the earth.

And for comparison, he's knocked out the Phoenix entity and sent it flying planetary distances. He's also literally clipped its wings. She on the other hand hasn't done much against it. In fact the only time she was sort of doing well against it was when he came to the rescue and matched the mother storm with his own inmate storm powers.

There is no logical reason why Mjolnir would grant Jane Odinson's exact strength and physical attributes. Mjolnir has nothing to do with Odinson's
physical attributes.

Uru strength depends on the enchantment. Show me scans of this.
Wasn't those secondary adamantium cables? Show me scans of this too.
Yggdrassil is unquantifiable. It could have taken 200 tons for all we know.
Midgard Serpent was mostly in ghostly form (ethereal form) and the boat helped.

Feats with Mjolnir are not strength feats since Mjolnir is sentient and it adds striking power.

Also Jane has no showings that contradict her strength showings. Thus they are her average. Thor has many showings that contradict his top strength feats. Thus his average is far lower.

h1a8
https://68.media.tumblr.com/1ee56b288e6240aad730fbf6a1c47ea6/tumblr_or778neAEr1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/4bf21732d8737ca9d124c0ac7e4c8446/tumblr_or7792KYVu1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

She did not rip it she pried it apart. And as u can see it's split down the middle like an elevator. Unless youre telling me Jane broke thru something that mjolnir could not She bent the hell out of it. Thor couldnt even dent adamantium with Mjolnir (>>>>Thor alone).

Sin I AM
There is no logical reason why Mjolnir would grant Jane Odinson's exact strength and physical attributes. Mjolnir has nothing to do with Odinson's
physical attributes.

Feats with Mjolnir are not strength feats since Mjolnir is sentient and it adds striking power.

Also Jane has no showings that contradict her strength showings. Thus they are her average. Thor has many showings that contradict his top strength feats. Thus his average is far lower.

Its been stated multiple times ad nauseum that she possesses the power of Thor. Nothing contradicts that.

If feats with mjolnir arent strength feats then none of hers are admissable since they all come from mjolnir. She begs for assistance like every encounter.

She did bend the metal that was enhanced by magic. Look at her hands and the dents in the metal.

So? Whos discounting that? We still dont know what grade adamantium it is. True adamantium is extremely rare. Are you suggesting a random ass vibranium door with adamantium plating is the same level as caps shield?

carver9
I think it's more durable than cap Shield. It was adamantium, Vibranium AND it was enhanced with magic.

h1a8
Its been stated multiple times ad nauseum that she possesses the power of Thor. Nothing contradicts that.

If feats with mjolnir arent strength feats then none of hers are admissable since they all come from mjolnir. She begs for assistance like every encounter.

So? Whos discounting that? We still dont know what grade adamantium it is. True adamantium is extremely rare. Are you suggesting a random ass vibranium door with adamantium plating is the same level as caps shield? It hasn't been stated anywhere. Show me. Mjolnir can grant Jane MORE power than Thor. Just look what she did to Odin. Odinson could never do such things.

Also it is contradicted by Jane being shown to do something and Odinson failing to be able to do it (adamantium feat).

Writer's intentions! There is no such notion as we do not know what the door is made out of.

I meant feats evolving using Mjolnir to hit something. Those are not strength feats.

Adam Grimes
Is it me or H1 is actually making sense for a change?

celeyhyga17

celeyhyga17
I think it's more durable than cap Shield. It was adamantium, Vibranium AND it was enhanced with magic.
Ure telling all of us that door has better feats than Cap's shield. Come on now......

It's inconclusive whether magic increased its durability. The magic wards were more for intruders trying to use more esoteric avenues of entry as opposed to conventional means.

h1a8

Horrificus

Are you asking who jas the best average? Odinson. Best highs? Odinson. Better fighter, more durable, better damage soak? Odinson. Who has fought a beaten a higher pedigree of opponents? Odinson. Just because Marvel did a soft retcon and made the hammer sentient, moody and sexist doesnt cast aside decades of feats. Nor does it "flying for her better than him" prove anything. I recently read an article where its stated Cho has the potential to be a stronger Hulk than Banner. Does that make Cho a better Hulk than Banner? No. Hes just the flavor of the month. thank you

celeyhyga17
That does not mean Mjolnir didn't grant Jane strength greater than Odinson. Remember it was beyond Odin himself. And her being stronger is supported by her feat against Odin and the adamantium doors.

UnInchanted Uru is fairly weak in comparison to adamantium. It has been broken and damaged many times by power under Skyfather level.

Uru durability Is dependent upon the magical force in it. For example, Destroyer is typically more durable than Mjolnir. Yet KT made Mjolnir decapitate the destroyer.

So no magical force = fairly weak metal (in comparison to true adamantium).

The mountain contained Uru (it wasn't completely made out of Uru).
Remember Mjolnir was fashioned out of Uru. If it was indestructible then it couldn't be shaped.

An alloy of adamantium is not adamantium itself. Plus you see that the majority of the weave was made of some other material (a small portion was adamantium).
The hammer like all those before her, grants the power of Thor. It is the platform from which she performs her superhuman feats. If u have proof that no longer provides the power of Thor please go ahead and show us.
Mjolnir(Mother Storm) is not beyond Odin. He imprison the damned thing for crying out loud. If u can provide proof that it is > Odin, be my guest. You best believe that stance will only make you look more foolish.

You can make all kinds of claims regarding unenchanted uru, but I already posted a scan of how highly Marvel thinks of plain uru. "Virtually unbreakable" as per Marvel. In fact, Cap's shield has been stated to be even better than before when it received its uru upgrade after Fear Itself.

And no one disputing that fashioned uru is generally more durable. Not sure why u keep repeating it. And those uru manacles that he easily ground to dust was forged by Thor himself. It's no surprise that you completely ignored the uru manacles which was stated to be ultra-powerful.

Like I said it was adamantium alloy, but still strong as hell judging by how the comic emphasized that bit of info. Also it's a little comical how u came up with "small portion of adamantium".
laughing out loud

We simply do not know how much forcd it took to turn the wheels. How is that lowballing? It's the truth. We do not know the mechanics of the whole magical system.

Ethereal means light and airy. It was believed that angels and God and spirits were immaterial beings. So heavenly implies airy and spirit like.

Anyway the serpent was intangible to everyone on earth. No one bumped into it. It was magically crushing the Earth. Also the boat helped.

We simply do not know how much strength Thor supplied in the God butcher feat. We can assume a minimum amount though. My point is that Thor's strength did not achieve 100% of the feat but a fraction of it.
But I stand corrected, it can be used as a strength feat. But an unquantifiable one.

Finally, you are using very old feats. Thor's beginning appearances, Although Canon, hold very little weight to Thor's average strength. Current showings hold more weight than old showings. Thus Thor, currently isn't as strong as his top feats in the distant past.

The nail in the coffin is the fact that Jane did something that Odinson failed to do with significant help. This single fact proves that she is stronger.
The World Tree is the cosmological centerpiece of the Asgardian mythos. It governs the nine(ten) realms and makes them go round. To assign such trivial figures like 200 tons smacks of ignorance. In fact didn't u once say the engine was human made technology? laughing out loud

The Serpent being ethereal is inconsequential in regards to the magnitude of the feat. It has been stated in multiple comics and various bios that Jormugand's true size is such that its coils can encircle the earth.

Here in Thor 272.
http://imgur.com/MCi4wRH.jpg

Here in Thor 380.
http://imgur.com/p82FYCo.jpg
http://imgur.com/pqNxWpP.jpg

Jormugand causes natural disasters.
http://imgur.com/X9e07Oe.jpg
Official Bio corroborates Jormugand's sheer size even in ethereal form, to be substantial enough to cause all kinds of natural disasters. It also shows that he keeps his "full weight and power" no matter what form he takes.
http://imgur.com/zJ0kiCe.jpg
http://imgur.com/bxXqjaN.jpg

I can go on with more proof of his size, but I think you get the picture.

No one is denying that the hammer contributes to his striking power. But it's really simple to explain the scene. He supplied enough strength to indirectly shatter planets to the point that he was cracking a far off world. Planets don't simply start breaking apart when he hammers opponents. The hammer didn't all of a sudden receive a massive upgrade. What was dynamic is the amount of strength he was supplying.
Hell the writer himself(Jason Aaron) made no secret that Thor being incredibly strong was pretty much the main factor in the "world shattering scenes".
laughing out loud
http://imgur.com/3VVTtCQ.jpg

Some feats may be old, but it's still his feats. They are canon to him. You can't just dismiss feats because you don't like them. Plus you just finished accepted him indirectly cracking planets as a strength feat. That's modern day stuff. erm

Odinson will bury Jane in strength feats. It's a simple fact. Hell it was stated that he was in a severely weakened state after he lost Mjolnir to Jane. In their one and only fight, he was not outclassed. Far from it to be honest. They seemed in equal footing.

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
thank you

Wow!!! Long time no see.

carver9
That does not mean Mjolnir didn't grant Jane strength greater than Odinson. Remember it was beyond Odin himself. And her being stronger is supported by her feat against Odin and the adamantium doors.

UnInchanted Uru is fairly weak in comparison to adamantium. It has been broken and damaged many times by power under Skyfather level.

Uru durability Is dependent upon the magical force in it. For example, Destroyer is typically more durable than Mjolnir. Yet KT made Mjolnir decapitate the destroyer.

So no magical force = fairly weak metal (in comparison to true adamantium).

The mountain contained Uru (it wasn't completely made out of Uru).
Remember Mjolnir was fashioned out of Uru. If it was indestructible then it couldn't be shaped.

An alloy of adamantium is not adamantium itself. Plus you see that the majority of the weave was made of some other material (a small portion was adamantium).

We simply do not know how much forcd it took to turn the wheels. How is that lowballing? It's the truth. We do not know the mechanics of the whole magical system.

Ethereal means light and airy. It was believed that angels and God and spirits were immaterial beings. So heavenly implies airy and spirit like.

Anyway the serpent was intangible to everyone on earth. No one bumped into it. It was magically crushing the Earth. Also the boat helped.

We simply do not know how much strength Thor supplied in the God butcher feat. We can assume a minimum amount though. My point is that Thor's strength did not achieve 100% of the feat but a fraction of it.
But I stand corrected, it can be used as a strength feat. But an unquantifiable one.

Finally, you are using very old feats. Thor's beginning appearances, Although Canon, hold very little weight to Thor's average strength. Current showings hold more weight than old showings. Thus Thor, currently isn't as strong as his top feats in the distant past.

The nail in the coffin is the fact that Jane did something that Odinson failed to do with significant help. This single fact proves that she is stronger.

Hulk crushed enchanted Uru that was said to be equal to Mjlonir.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/79470/2866151-hulk_break_nul_hammer.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nul*.

And where did it say that it was equal to Mjolnir.

Damborgson
No one said it was equal to Mjolnir, and given its a serpent enchanted hammer vs an Odin enchanted hammer, there's a difference in quality. Not to mention Hulk was amped to the teeth.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Nul*.

And where did it say that it was equal to Mjolnir.

Hulk was said to be as strong as hulk, not stronger than hulk.

Sin I AM
The hammer like all those before her, grants the power of Thor. It is the platform from which she performs her superhuman feats. If u have proof that no longer provides the power of Thor please go ahead and show us.
Mjolnir(Mother Storm) is not beyond Odin. He imprison the damned thing for crying out loud. If u can provide proof that it is > Odin, be my guest. You best believe that stance will only make you look more foolish.

You can make all kinds of claims regarding unenchanted uru, but I already posted a scan of how highly Marvel thinks of plain uru. "Virtually unbreakable" as per Marvel. In fact, Cap's shield has been stated to be even better than before when it received its uru upgrade after Fear Itself.

And no one disputing that fashioned uru is generally more durable. Not sure why u keep repeating it. And those uru manacles that he easily ground to dust was forged by Thor himself. It's no surprise that you completely ignored the uru manacles which was stated to be ultra-powerful.

Like I said it was adamantium alloy, but still strong as hell judging by how the comic emphasized that bit of info. Also it's a little comical how u came up with "small portion of adamantium".
laughing out loud

The World Tree is the cosmological centerpiece of the Asgardian mythos. It governs the nine(ten) realms and makes them go round. To assign such trivial figures like 200 tons smacks of ignorance. In fact didn't u once say the engine was human made technology? laughing out loud

The Serpent being ethereal is inconsequential in regards to the magnitude of the feat. It has been stated in multiple comics and various bios that Jormugand's true size is such that its coils can encircle the earth.

Here in Thor 272.

Here in Thor 380.

Official Bio corroborates Jormugand's sheer size even in ethereal form, to be substantial enough to cause all kinds of natural disasters. It also shows that he keeps his "full weight and power" no matter what form he takes.

No one is denying that the hammer contributes to his striking power. But it's really simple to explain the scene. He supplied enough strength to indirectly shatter planets to the point that he was cracking a far off world. Planets don't simply start breaking apart when he hammers opponents. The hammer didn't all of a sudden receive a massive upgrade. What was dynamic is the amount of strength he was supplying.
Hell the writer himself(Jason Aaron) made no secret that Thor being incredibly strong was pretty much the main factor in the "world shattering scenes".
laughing out loud

Some feats may be old, but it's still his feats. They are canon to him. You can't just dismiss feats because you don't like them. Plus you just finished accepted him indirectly cracking planets as a strength feat. That's modern day stuff. erm

Odinson will bury Jane in strength feats. It's a simple fact. Hell it was stated that he was in a severely weakened state after he lost Mjolnir to Jane. In their one and only fight, he was not outclassed. Far from it to be honest. They seemed in equal footing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10UZXwY1zvZYxG/giphy.gif

You forgot to mention Serpent had her dead to rights. But good post wink

carver9
Hulk was said to be as strong as hulk, not stronger than hulk.

Meant to say Nul.

leonidas
No one said it was equal to Mjolnir, and given its a serpent enchanted hammer vs an Odin enchanted hammer, there's a difference in quality. Not to mention Hulk was amped to the teeth.

the strength of uru is dependent on the enchantments. the more enchantments, the harder the metal. if you look back at thor's feats with the hammer, the sheer number of enchantments on it are ludicrous, hence why it is so hard. by comparison, the serpent hammers would have no where NEAR the number of enchantments--at least that we saw--so one can only assume the uru wouldn't be nearly as hard. unenchanted uru is pretty soft and easily scratched and molded. /shrug

iow--the 2 hammers shouldn't really have been close in terms of indestructibility. or more to the point--hulk's being able to crush the serpent hammer=/=him being able to crush mjolnir. not even close, tbh.

h1a8

laughing out loud

Here in Thor 272.

Here in Thor 380.

laughing out loud

The hammer does not follow Odin's enchantment anymore. It does what it wants. It has the power to grant strength stronger than Thor.
Being able to physically beat down Odin is proof that she is stronger.

Marvel is made of many writers with different opinions.
Steel is virtually indestructible. So is titanium. So is carbonanium, etc.
Those statements means absolutely nothing. That's why we go by feats to prove durability.

The fact that Uru can be easily shaped and fashioned means it is not nearly indestructible as you believe. Thor himself has broken Mjolnir with strength. Yet Odin was stronger and Jane beat him down.

I never dismissed his older feats. They just don't add much weight as his current feats. The Godbutcher feat is a good feat. No doubt about it.
But it's not as great as you think. Thor hit Gorr many times. The totality of all hits created the feat.

Anyway I say Jane beating down Odin is a greater strength feat.

Of course the Serpent is huge. I'm not debating its size. Just that is was mostly in ghostly form. I read somewhere (I think a bio) that only the head materialized. It's been a long time.

Thor will bury Jane in strength feats? Name one strength feat that's superior to physically beating down Odin or ripping adamantium/vibranium.

eaebiakuya
Jane did not beat Odin, and Odin was not in his peak power of full odinforce. The fight dont mean she is stronger than Thor.

Can you prove that Odin was at skyfather level in that fight?

Khazra Reborn
The hammer does not follow Odin's enchantment anymore. It does what it wants. It has the power to grant strength stronger than Thor.
Being able to physically beat down Odin is proof that she is stronger.

Marvel is made of many writers with different opinions.
Steel is virtually indestructible. So is titanium. So is carbonanium, etc.
Those statements means absolutely nothing. That's why we go by feats to prove durability.

The fact that Uru can be easily shaped and fashioned means it is not nearly indestructible as you believe. Thor himself has broken Mjolnir with strength. Yet Odin was stronger and Jane beat him down.

I never dismissed his older feats. They just don't add much weight as his current feats. The Godbutcher feat is a good feat. No doubt about it.
But it's not as great as you think. Thor hit Gorr many times. The totality of all hits created the feat.

Anyway I say Jane beating down Odin is a greater strength feat.

Of course the Serpent is huge. I'm not debating its size. Just that is was mostly in ghostly form. I read somewhere (I think a bio) that only the head materialized. It's been a long time.

Thor will bury Jane in strength feats? Name one strength feat that's superior to physically beating down Odin or ripping adamantium/vibranium.

I don't blame you for not having read any of the new Thor, but it's been heavily implied that Mjolnir doesn't obey Odin anymore because he no longer has the Odin Force, not because it's superseded him or something. And, the god tempest doesn't give strength, Jane still has Thor's physical stats.

abhilegend
Jane did not beat Odin, and Odin was not in his peak power of full odinforce. The fight dont mean she is stronger than Thor.

Can you prove that Odin was at skyfather level in that fight? Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't blame you for not having read any of the new Thor, but it's been heavily implied that Mjolnir doesn't obey Odin anymore because he no longer has the Odin Force, not because it's superseded him or something. And, the god tempest doesn't give strength, Jane still has Thor's physical stats.
Where is it shown that Odin is not at full power?

Khazra Reborn
Where is it shown that Odin is not at full power?

It hasn't been explicitly stated yet, just implied.

abhilegend
Where?

eaebiakuya
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111161249/5620351-123.png

He also failed to lift Mjolnir and heal his wife (old king thor was able to revive a Death Thor with Odin force, same writer).

Also, in Loki Agent of Asgard(just before Secret Wars), he was without Odinforce:

http://imgur.com/a/bUOgc

After that he never show any sign or feat that require Odin force.

abhilegend

He also failed to lift Mjolnir and heal his wife (old king thor was able to revive a Death Thor with Odin force, same writer).

Also, in Loki Agent of Asgard, he was without Odinforce:

That's not saying he is weakened. Odin was never omnipotent to begin with.

King Thor had better mastery of Odinforce seeing how he had it for longer than Odin.

Agent of Asgard was a specific scenario. Not that Odin was permanently Depowered.

eaebiakuya
It mean he was stronger than he is now. If that is not weakened, it is what?

What specific scenario?

And who said it is permanently? It just dont comeback yet. After this issue was never said the he had it again (or, again, he never did any feat that require full odinforce).

Old King Thor, for example, was without it for 900 years.

h1a8

Also, in Loki Agent of Asgard(just before Secret Wars), he was without Odinforce:

After that he never show any sign or feat that require Odin force. lol that doesn't mean Odin is weaker. It simply means that Odin is not as powerful as he thought.

eaebiakuya
Not as powerful as he once WAS.

Like the time that he beat the Mother of Storm?

abhilegend
Not as powerful as he once WAS.

Like the time that he beat the Mother of Storm?
Odin was omnipotent at that time? Because here he is merely acknowledging his own limitations.

abhilegend
It mean he was stronger than he is now. If that is not weakened, it is what?

Odin realized even he had limitations.

He was powerless against those who sit above in the shadows.

And how did he get depowered BTW?

Due to yet unrevealed circumstances.

Sin I AM
Odin was omnipotent at that time? Because here he is merely acknowledging his own limitations.

Purposefully being obtuse?

abhilegend
Purposefully being obtuse?
Purposefully being idiotic?

Khazra Reborn
There's no point in arguing about a plot point that hasn't been revealed yet. Odin's condition is a major part of the over all story, it will be revealed what's going on with him.

eaebiakuya
Odin dont said that he is not, or never was, omnipotent. He is saying he is not strong as he was before. If he was omnipotent before or not, is not important. In Odin opinion, his omnipotence, was greater before. IE, he was stronger before.

And you should know that the world Omnipotent is often used to "powerfull" in Marvel. Not a true omnipotent. There is even a handbook entry, dont?
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111292965/5401932-3543038-4555851015-30705.jpg

eaebiakuya
Odin realized even he had limitations.

He realized he is not strong as he once was.

He was fighting against a Loki and Hela army in that comic.

He simply was. In this comic the Odinforce worked as something that come and go/
, in Odin words, he need time to it rise again. BTW that is not how this always worked with the Odinsleep?

But i agree the plot is not closed yet. I just dont think current Odin operate with in the level of a Skyfather (and i mean Aaron skyfather), and we have some evidences that he is not at full power.

abhilegend
Odin dont said that he is not, or never was, omnipotent. He is saying he is not strong as he was before. If he was omnipotent before or not, is not important. In Odin opinion, his omnipotence, was greater before. IE, he was stronger before.

And you should know that the world Omnipotent is often used to "powerfull" in Marvel. Not a true omnipotent. There is even a handbook entry, dont?
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111292965/5401932-3543038-4555851015-30705.jpg
You should read what you post carefully then. Because that's what was stated there.

abhilegend
He realized he is not strong as he once was.

Because of what exactly?

Yes, against the scheme of TWSAIS. Also he said that Odin power takes time to rise, not that he didn't have it.

It was simply to make joke about his musculinity as Freyja did.

No, Odinsleep didn't work like that.

That's just bullshit and trying to see things which aren't there.

eaebiakuya
You should read what you post carefully then. Because that's what was stated there.

I think you missed the word "not unlimited" aka not true omnipotent.

eaebiakuya
Because of what exactly?

We dont need to know the reason. We know, for sure, that Odin said that he was stronger before.

The main point here is arguing that Jane fighted against a full power Odin and current Odin dont has any feat that confirm this.

abhilegend
I think you missed the word "not unlimited" aka not true omnipotent.
I think you missed the part where Odin recognized that fact. Originally posted by eaebiakuya
We dont need to know the reason. We know, for sure, that Odin said that he was stronger before.

The main point here is arguing that Jane fighted against a full power Odin and current Odin dont has any feat that confirm this.
You don't know the reason, you don't know the exact scan where it is said but Odin is weaker because of one fight.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Sin I AM
Odin used to be above pis. But since hes being used more he needs to be brought down a bit. He could control mjolnir with a word and now cant lift it. Given that he created the thing as well as his sons lifeforce being bound to it, its by no means a stretch to think sonething is amiss.

He also flat out stated to not be as powerful as he once was.

h1a8
Odin used to be above pis. But since hes being used more he needs to be brought down a bit. He could control mjolnir with a word and now cant lift it. Given that he created the thing as well as his sons lifeforce being bound to it, its by no means a stretch to think sonething is amiss.

He also flat out stated to not be as powerful as he once was.

He said that his omnipotence isn't what it once was. This clearly means that some external things (like Mjolnir) has gotten more powerful and not Odin getting weaker.

Damborgson
Bullshit. No way you believe that. There is no way you're not trolling.

Sin I AM
He said that his omnipotence isn't what it once was. This clearly means that some external things (like Mjolnir) has gotten more powerful and not Odin getting weaker.

Lol youre an idiot. Keep on trolling

emu
He said that his omnipotence isn't what it once was. This clearly means that some external things (like Mjolnir) has gotten more powerful and not Odin getting weaker. H1, always two steps ahead thumb up

celeyhyga17

Galan007
My friend, uru cannot be easily shaped and fashioned.
As I said before... Even regular raw uru is said to be "unbreakable".
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5TWuYvJRaPY/WPjPWuD9csI/AAAAAAADZLA/p9ly6xyqMy0RHDAud35T_HC6NcX4sXDPQCLcB/s1600/066_007.jpg The effort it took to shape that chunk of Uru was also quite astounding:
https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006054_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-013.jpg https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006068_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-014.jpg https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006074_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-015.jpg

The Dwarves had to pull a f*cking star into their furnaces(and burn it out entirely), just to begin forging that one small piece, lol. blink

celeyhyga17
thumb up

It had the essence of the Mother Storm already in it so it most likely would have been more durable than the raw version.
*shrug*

Flyattractor
Let me guess. Odin couldn't pick it up in the next panel?

Galan007
thumb up

It had the essence of the Mother Storm already in it so it most likely would have been more durable than the raw version.
*shrug* I wouldn't say the Uru itself was necessarily more durable, but the mother-storm *did* make it sentient, and as such it resisted the Dwarves' attempts at forging until the bitter end.

celeyhyga17
thumb up
Possibly. The uru wasn't forged into Mjolnir yet so it was still technically raw.

Galan007
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Let me guess. Odin couldn't pick it up in the next panel? As a matter of fact...

https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006493_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-016.jpg https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006499_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-017.jpg https://s5d3.turboimg.net/t1/35006503_The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_012-018.jpg

vin

Damborgson
How times have changed. Absolutely disgusting.

celeyhyga17
How times have changed. Absolutely disgusting.
laughing out loud

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111218054/4613613-6263186917-tumbl.png

Damborgson
Okay fine, thats pretty cool laughing out loud

Delta1938
laughing out loud

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111218054/4613613-6263186917-tumbl.png

I asked this elsewhere, but this is good a place as any. Why is he using a minigun?

deathslash
Originally posted by Delta1938
I asked this elsewhere, but this is good a place as any. Why is he using a minigun? they were clearly trying to copy skurge's badass death.

Delta1938
Originally posted by deathslash
they were clearly trying to copy skurge's badass death.

I assume it's a joke, but I'm not getting it.

Galan007
Originally posted by Delta1938
I assume it's a joke, but I'm not getting it. He was referring to the Skurge's death in Thor #362:
https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009445_13.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009446_14.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009448_15.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009449_16.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009450_17.jpg

leonidas
that skurge scene was epic....

about uru being unbreakable?

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/2126078-uroc_vs_code_blue_liquid_nitrogen_thor_450.jpg

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/urocthor2.jpg

http://legionofleia.com/wp-content/uploads/Thor-Repairs-Mjolnir-in-Pittsburgh.jpg

seems things have changed some... uru was never terribly impressive by the usual "unbreakable" standard in comics. it's been broken quite a few times in its history. maybe marvel is trying to change it up a bit? i always figured that the gods SHOULD have been able to fashion a metal stronger than adamantium, but, uru is certainly no match for it--at least historically. /shrug

Galan007
^ Current Marvel is definitely painting Uru in a different light than in the old days. Not only is it extreeemely rare, but it's also nearly impossible to forge(even by Dwarven standards)... Hence them dragging an entire damn star into their furnaces(and burning it out) just to begin the forging process.

In regards to Uru vs. Adamantium...
http://i.imgur.com/GZemQyL.jpg

Granted Mjolnir is 'enchanted' Uru, but I still love that scene. As you said: God-made alloys *should* be superior to human-made alloys.

leonidas
yeah, that scene was pretty cool. of course, in that fight, his claws could barely cut thor either.... sick

it was explained (and i showed the scans in some other thread) that the more enchantments laid on uru the harder it became. be fine with me if it simply changed to being uber durable from the start. i remember when perrikus cut it in half too. and then there was this classic:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122518/3372272-1415536274-16662.jpg

thor uses his fingers to carve a hammer out of uru. lol

nothing imo beats him finding that forge in PITTSBURGH though, to remake mjolnir..... classic stuff. with everything else in marvel seeming to get a bump, uru is likely something that deserves it. thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, that scene was pretty cool. of course, in that fight, his claws could barely cut thor either.... sick

it was explained (and i showed the scans in some other thread) that the more enchantments laid on uru the harder it became. be fine with me if it simply changed to being uber durable from the start. i remember when perrikus cut it in half too. and then there was this classic:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122518/3372272-1415536274-16662.jpg

thor uses his fingers to carve a hammer out of uru. lol

nothing imo beats him finding that forge in PITTSBURGH though, to remake mjolnir..... classic stuff. with everything else in marvel seeming to get a bump, uru is likely something that deserves it. thumb up thumb up

Uru has definitely gotten a HUGE bump in current continuity... And it's about damn time. excellent

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
In regards to Uru vs. Adamantium...
http://i.imgur.com/GZemQyL.jpg

Granted Mjolnir is 'enchanted' Uru, but I still love that scene. As you said: God-made alloys *should* be superior to human-made alloys.

https://randomnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/OdinNotGods.gif

Tieri has stated in the interview that both weapons are indestructible. That's the way it should be.

Unlike adamantium or Cap's shield, Mjolnir never had the luxury of certain retcons... "great blast furnaces of Pittsburgh" begs to be retconned laughing out loud

thumb up

Uru has definitely gotten a HUGE bump in current continuity... And it's about damn time. excellent

Like when it cracked against grandpa Bor sad

Galan007
You mean this?:
https://s5d2.turboimg.net/t1/35010070_Thor_600-033.jpg https://s5d2.turboimg.net/t1/35010071_Thor_600-034.jpg https://s5d2.turboimg.net/t1/35010072_Thor_600-035.jpg https://s5d2.turboimg.net/t1/35010073_Thor_600-036.jpg

That's the level of power it *should* take to damage/break Mjolnir. Like pretty much everything in comics: Uru is only 'unbreakable' up to a certain point -- and Skyfatherish is about it. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Yes, Thor #600.

Poor Straczynski must've tried to gouge his own eyes out after seeing how Bendis "used" Bor in Avengers Prime laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Pittsburgh is a city of fighters, athletes and general tough guys.

Small wonder that a timid fellow like Thor would wish to imbue a new Mjolnir with the fiery spirit of the likes of Bruno Sammartino, Kurt Angle, and Billy Conn

leonidas
laughing out loud

when you put it that way it doesn't seem so crazy. thumb up

abhilegend
Mjolnir was broken by hitting four fake mjolnirs as well.

celeyhyga17
http://oi65.tinypic.com/30u7kh0.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Mjolnir was broken by hitting four fake mjolnirs as well.

When? You have the scan on hand?

Probably the best moment in Fear Itself...

Uru has its own special properties, so adding it to the adamantium-vibranium mix (writers can't make up their minds on the composition of Steve's shield) could probably protect it from Asgardian shenanigans and stuff. Doesn't prove that uru was superior overall.

celeyhyga17
Could be..

But at face value it does state that it's stronger than ever.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Uru has its own special properties, so adding it to the adamantium-vibranium mix (writers can't make up their minds on the composition of Steve's shield) could probably protect it from Asgardian shenanigans and stuff. Doesn't prove that uru was superior overall.

It happened in Thor 81 when Ragnarok happened. Thor disassembled.

StiltmanFTW
Could be..

But at face value it does state that it's stronger than ever.

That it should be stronger than ever.

Who knows, maybe it would even no-sell Serpent.

Sin I AM
Serpent was amped anyway. Not a bad showing

Delta1938
He was referring to the Skurge's death in Thor #362:
https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009445_13.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009446_14.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009448_15.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009449_16.jpg https://s5d4.turboimg.net/t1/35009450_17.jpg

So.....why are they using guns? They lose their godhood or something?

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

https://s14.postimg.org/lzx8hwl0t/image.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/n3hctv5nx/image.jpg https://s14.postimg.org/htce2klf1/image.jpg

Damborgson
That's the clash that broke it, but an earlier clash cracked it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.