Heroes lose their arch enemies, who takes over?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Lifting this from a thread i've posted in this morning.
Wondered who ppl here would choose and why:

basilisk
OK, interesting. Though I think some of these losses would have more of an effect than Spidey losing Normy.

Some suggestions:

*Superman loses Lex Luthor - Braniac. Darkseid even.

*Batman loses Joker - Ras. Or if Supes is losing Lex, maybe Lex just to mix things up.

*The Fantastic Four lose Doctor Doom. Well Doom hasn't been much for the FF in later years and the FF are gone. Galactus is too powerful and isn't the same now either. Molecule Man is way above them nowdays. Mole Man probably can't step up and the Skrulls as a race aren't really arch-enemy material. Maybe Super Skrull, or to piss off the X-Men, how about someone brand new like Apocalypse?

*Wonder Woman loses (...erm...I'm actually not sure who counts as her arch-enemy; Cheetah? Ares? Circe?) Cheetah is too lame, while I don't quite see Ares or Circe as arch-enemies. That egg guy maybe?

*Captain America loses Red Skull. Red Skull was his ally and always has been!!!! I'm going with Sally Floyd as his new arch-nemesis.

*Iron Man loses Mandarin. The bottle.

*Thor loses Loki. Malkeith. Or Dracula.

DarkSaint85
Manchester Black
Bane
Frightful Four?
Circe
Zemo
TChalla
Encahnatress.

riv6672
^^^thanks guys.

*Superman-Metallo, maybe.
Have him go the Osborn businessman route. I think Supes' main villain should be human, and not an alien muscle head.

*Batman-Riddler. I saw R'as suggested in the original thread i visited. Always found him boring.

*The Fantastic Four-Not sure. Was wanting to see what KMCers suggested. Apoc's a neat choice.

*Wonder Woman-Psycho Pirate could/should be her Joker. Able to strike through her friends and allies.

*Captain America-Zemo, of course.

*Iron Man-Dr. Doom.

*Thor-Zarrko. Have him established as above even Kang.

wuleecat
Basilisk, I want to learn more about Wonder Woman's enemy, 'egg guy'. He sounds awesome.

Bentley
Superman loses Lex. Batman becomes his arch nemesis.
Batman loses Joker. A pile-of-shit plot device replaces Joker and nobody even notices he was gone.
The Fantastic Four lose Doctor Doom. The Wizard finally gets a chance to shine, though in all honesty, there are many Doom clones in the franchise.
Wonder Woman... Has no archnemesis or whatsoever.
Captain America loses Red Skull. Armin Zola or some other cookie cutter nazi takes over.
Iron Man loses Mandarin. He doesn't depend that much in the mandarin tbh. I guess he could face Doom or some mad scientist villain from FF.
Thor loses Loki. Who cares? Thor loses the title character and puts a blonde in a skirt and the book goes on.

Also, tfw having the Tomorrow Man being Thor's enemy, that came out of the left field big grin

riv6672
Originally posted by wuleecat
Basilisk, I want to learn more about Wonder Woman's enemy, 'egg guy'. He sounds awesome.
^^^Egg Fu.
An old timey WW foe...
http://www.oocities.org/gaww147/01.jpg

...who's made it to the modern age...
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/4/47635/2034432-racerx_outsiders48_p23.jpg
...intact. stick out tongue

riv6672
Originally posted by Bentley

Also, tfw having the Tomorrow Man being Thor's enemy, that came out of the left field big grin
Thanks!
99.100% of yours were really pessimistic, aside from The Wizard. I like the character/hadnt thought of him. thumb up

wuleecat
Hot damn that is the most demented comic-book villain I've ever seen.

With the exception of 'Shithead'.

You don't see many characters with moustache-power. Shame the original was so horribly, horribly racist in so many ways. The modern one just looks psychotic, especially with the bits of drool.
Thanks for the info, Riv.

Bentley
Eggfu is boss thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by wuleecat
Hot damn that is the most demented comic-book villain I've ever seen.

With the exception of 'Shithead'.

You don't see many characters with moustache-power. Shame the original was so horribly, horribly racist in so many ways. The modern one just looks psychotic, especially with the bits of drool.
Thanks for the info, Riv.
You're welcome!
I really scrambled to post those pics. Didnt want anyone to beat me to it.
Omelette you get back to posting now, though. thumb up

basilisk
Originally posted by riv6672
You're welcome!
I really scrambled to post those pics. Didnt want anyone to beat me to it.
Omelette you get back to posting now, though. thumb up

Yeah, eggcellent work again. But enough yolking around...

I was wondering about Martian Manhunter with respect to this thread. He jobs so much he's kind of his own worst enemy so you can't really take that away. But I was thinking maybe Solomon Grundy or Vandal Savage could be his new foe.

Mongul or Zod are other possibilities for Superman. He actually has quite a few well known enemies who could step up.

I was also rethinking on Apocalypse - while he might be an interesting change for the FF's villain, he might also go well as a Thor villain.

riv6672
Apoc could fit with a lot of characters outside the X-verse, really.
He's a well rounded villain in terms of not being pigeonholed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Eggfu is boss thumb up

Eggxactly. thumb up

riv6672
Vincent Price would love these puns! laughing out loud

VanMae
*Superman loses Lex Luthor
The Ultra-Humanite

*Batman loses Joker
Bane

*The Fantastic Four lose Doctor Doom
Mole Man

*Wonder Woman loses (...erm...I'm actually not sure who counts as her arch-enemy; Cheetah? Ares? Circe?)
Doctor Psycho

*Captain America loses Red Skull
Baron Zemo

*Iron Man loses Mandarin
Doctor Doom

*Thor loses Loki
Enchantress

riv6672
Ultra Humanite for Supes. Nice! thumb up

staxamillion
...Norman Osborn was dead from to 1973 to 1996, real time.
Doctor Octopus basically took over as Spider-Man's arch-enemy...for brief periods the Jackal, Hobgoblin, Venom, and arguably Kingpin had the title.

The following heroes have their main villains killed off for about 25 years real time.
In their absence, who rises to the top?

*Superman loses Lex Luthor - brainiac
*Batman loses Joker - pyg
*The Fantastic Four lose Doctor Doom - non jobbing super skrull
*Wonder Woman loses - ?
*Captain America loses Red Skull - omega red cold war style
*Iron Man loses Mandarin - ?
*Thor loses Loki - ?

riv6672
Thanks for the Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.