Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JacquelineDeane
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...

Dear person much loved by the Lord,

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Rom 3:23 :
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

Bashar Teg
Hail Satan

Silent Master
I like pie.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by JacquelineDeane
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

hoover

Robtard
Hi guys.

Show me your butthole smile

Surtur
Hi Jacqueline,

Your God isn't real.

Blessings,
Surtur

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
Hi Jacqueline,

Your God isn't real.

Blessings,
Surtur

http://i.imgur.com/cTRdcLE.jpg

Surtur
Good one, it was nice you got it right on the second try Bash.

Adam Grimes
If god is infinite then why is there only one way to reach it???

Bashar Teg
do you own a douche-flute surt? be honest.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
If god is infinite then why is there only one way to reach it???
Originally posted by Robtard
Show me your butthole smile

There is the best way forward.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
do you own a douche-flute surt? be honest.

I had to look up the term, and I guess my answer is I used to? I had this vaporizer, yes it was a shitty Snoop Dogg vaporizer. I barely used it and ended up selling it to a friend.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
There is the best way forward.

You know I thought these guys seemed more tense than usual and I stumbled across a story that explains why:

Man Inserts Drinking Glass Into Own Anus in Bizarre Sex Act, Shatters It On Removal

There is no joke here, I just hope they heal properly.

Adam_PoE
Hi guys.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

http://i42.tinypic.com/cu9ah.jpg

Surtur
Damn Adam the KMC censor system kinda let the air out of that balloon, but you fixed it.

Flyattractor
You know I thought these guys seemed more tense than usual and I stumbled across a story that explains why:

Man Inserts Drinking Glass Into Own Anus in Bizarre Sex Act, Shatters It On Removal

There is no joke here, I just hope they heal properly.

Now that is what I call a Tight Ass.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
http://i42.tinypic.com/cu9ah.jpg

So that is where Adam gets his hairdo suggestions from.

Surtur
Don't feel too bad, his previous attempt was an "I have no f*cks to give" picture, but now he changed it to just "what a ****".

I guess that is a mystery, does he have no f*cks to give or just think she is a ****? Or both?

Flyattractor
I prefer her with NO FUH"s to give. Cause if she does have a Fuh..... I SURE AS HELL DON't WANT IT!!!!!

Adam_PoE
Damn Adam the KMC censor system kinda let the air out of that balloon, but you fixed it.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/495dfac744cd91f9c0fc8136fa59fe31/tumblr_og6u6haGES1ry7pevo2_400.gif

Surtur
I mean if she is a **** she obviously has MANY f*cks to give, and is willing to give them to anyone shows her attention. I'm getting mixed messages.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
http://68.media.tumblr.com/495dfac744cd91f9c0fc8136fa59fe31/tumblr_og6u6haGES1ry7pevo2_400.gif

Ohhh You almost got your own dick in your mouth there Adam. Keep trying.

Darth Thor
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this,

I'm guessing the "Religion" forum would have been more appropriate.

Beniboybling
Hail Satan

Emperordmb
_dJQSIQwl6c

cdtm
I don't believe in conquest between nations.

Total annihilation, though.. Kill them all, and let god sort them out. If I was president, I'd try and wipe as many nations off the map as I could (Including a few states in this country, and all of the capital.)

John Murdoch

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't believe in conquest between nations.

Total annihilation, though.. Kill them all, and let god sort them out. If I was president, I'd try and wipe as many nations off the map as I could (Including a few states in this country, and all of the capital.)

Yeah! Old Testament WRATH of God Type STUFF!!!!!!!

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah! Old Testament WRATH of God Type STUFF!!!!!!!

Funny thing is the Old Testament God pretty much disproves itself as being real. There is no way you and I would be talking right now if the Old Testament God existed. He would have Sodom and Gomorrah'ed this entire country a long time ago if he was real.

Flyattractor
That is why he sent jebus. So you could sodam and gmoorah all the butt you want. Then you get tossed into heck.

IT all works out in the end....except for the Human Charcoal biscuits.

Surtur
We'd at least have been sent massive floods if the OT God existed. Though when it comes to the Ark I vote that honey badgers not be allowed on, f*ck those things.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RAfKvtVI3ts/sddefault.jpg

Flyattractor
I would vote that Leftist Progressives get left off to drown with the fairies and unicorns.

Surtur
Though even if no flood happens it will be funny watching the single payer health care system California wants fail. They have no real way to pay for it lol. It's a textbook case of feelings mattering more than facts.

Flyattractor
If they want to pay for it just take all that Big Movie Money that Marvel/Disney is making. That could pay for lots of MEDS for ILLEGALS!!!! It iswhat JESUS would DO! Cause they think Jesus was a Commie like them....

TheVaultDweller
What about Mexican Jesus that got gunned down at the border?

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
What about Mexican Jesus that got gunned down at the border?

Even Mexican Jesus needs to come here legally or not come at all thumb up

Patient_Leech
Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God

Jesus Christ? Never heard of him.

Flyattractor
Funny. He said the same thing .....

AsbestosFlaygon
I'd rather worship Superman than God. Heck, Superman has a better origin story than God.

JesusLovesYou
Hi guys.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

You did well. Here's a gospel video to go with what you said sister in the Lord. God bless!

TCSUKIhjevo

Surtur
If Jesus loves us why is flesh eating bacteria a thing that exists?

JesusLovesYou

Because God respects human FREE WILL.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
Because God respects human FREE WILL.
What does that have to do with free will?

Stealth Moose

Because gay secks, bruh.

Adam Grimes
Lake shore drive is the only way I know to god.

Patient_Leech

So it can eat away your dirty, filthy sin of the flesh. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What does that have to do with free will? God gave you the FREE WILL to have your body eaten by flesh eating bacteria. Praise Him.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
God gave you the FREE WILL to have your body eaten by flesh eating bacteria. Praise Him.

Peace Be Upon Him.

*draws a picture of Jesus*

Patient_Leech
*draws a picture of Jesus*

You're lucky that's allowed in Christianity. Just don't draw Muhammad.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You're lucky that's allowed in Christianity. Just don't draw Muhammad.

Whaaat? Not the religion of peace that totally isn't horrible.

You hear about this recent thing where they were expecting 10,000 Muslims to show up to a "Peace March" in Europe? I think in Germany. Only a couple hundred actually showed up though apparently.

JesusLovesYou

ArtificialGlory
That did not explain anything. How do you "choose" to be infected with flesh eating bacteria? How does a 3-year-old "choose" to get cancer?

JesusLovesYou

ArtificialGlory
Why would we be subjected to the punishment for a crime committed by someone thousands of years ago? That seems deeply unfair.

Surtur
Why would we be subjected to the punishment for a crime committed by someone thousands of years ago? That seems deeply unfair.

Lol the reason is...cuz reasons. Cuz Jesus and angels and miracles and all those special things. That is the answer to your question.

Cuz otherwise the answer would be "cuz it's all stupid bullshit".

Or just that God hates us all. There is a deep hatred there if we are being punished for shit some d-bag did thousands of years ago.

Bashar Teg
Lol the reason is...cuz reasons. Cuz Jesus and angels and miracles and all those special things. That is the answer to your question.

https://noreligionrequired.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/atheist-neckbeard.jpeg

Surtur
Nice one, I guess?

Bashar Teg
for a second you thought i hacked your webcam, eh? :O

Surtur
for a second you thought i hacked your webcam, eh? :O

Since I do not own a web cam it would indeed be a neat trick for me to think it was hacked.

JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou

Bashar Teg

Or just that God hates us all. There is a deep hatred there if we are being punished for shit some d-bag did thousands of years ago.

Have "you" ever sinned (even once)?

is welfare fraud a sin?

Beniboybling
thumb up

don't forget drug abuse.

ArtificialGlory
Has a 2-year-old with a brain tumor ever sinned? And besides, why would a sin, especially a minor one, carry a death sentence?

JesusLovesYou
Has a 2-year-old with a brain tumor ever sinned? And besides, why would a sin, especially a minor one, carry a death sentence?

A two-year-old with a brain tumor is a descendant of Adam, and hence, born with a "sin nature".

As far as a two-year old "knowing" what sin is, and that he/she has a sin nature, the answer is no, so God does not hold them accountable for their sins--yet.

But you completely side-stepped my question to "you". I'll answer if "for" you. You "have" sinned. In fact, you've sinned "many" times, so you have no right to complain about Adam's sin.

ArtificialGlory
A two-year-old with a brain tumor is a descendant of Adam, and hence, born with a "sin nature".

As far as a two-year old "knowing" what sin is, and that he/she has a sin nature, the answer is no, so God does not hold them accountable for their sins--yet.

But you completely side-stepped my question to "you". I'll answer if "for" you. You "have" sinned. In fact, you've sinned "many" times, so you have no right to complain about Adam's sin.
So a complete innocent is being punished because some guy thousands of years ago had sinned?

If God isn't holding him accountable, then why the brain tumor?

I did not answer that question because whether I have "sinned" or not is irrelevant to this discussion.

Surtur

Bashar Teg
oh good. you two can keep each other busy.

Surtur
So a complete innocent is being punished because some guy thousands of years ago had sinned?

If God isn't holding him accountable, then why the brain tumor?

I did not answer that question because whether I have "sinned" or not is irrelevant to this discussion.

This version of God sounds psychotic. One person messed up, therefore EVERYONE has messed up, for all of time.

Patient_Leech
Jesus was an immortal super powered being. Why should I be grateful that the guy gave up...one weekend of his life?

Excuse me sir... He gave up 33 YEARS of His life! You should be more grateful! Eat more Jesus toast...

https://blog.f1000.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/JesusOnToast2.jpg

jaden101
Excuse me sir... He gave up 33 YEARS of His life! You should be more grateful! Eat more Jesus toast...

https://blog.f1000.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/JesusOnToast2.jpg

That's not Jesus. That's Mark Chopper Reid

ArtificialGlory
Or Frank Zappa.

Bashar Teg
wrong and wrong. obviously cat stevens

Robtard
wrong and wrong. obviously cat stevens

You mean Yusuf Islam, infidel.

Lord Lucien
Hail Satan Stop it Jenny, you know that's my second kryptonite!

Patient_Leech
Okay, sorry. Is this a little more unmistakable?

http://www.northwesternflipside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jesus_toast.jpg

Surtur

http://www.northwesternflipside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jesus_toast.jpg

It is better. Especially since the first toast Jesus seems to be missing an eye. Either that or he is winking at us.

socool8520

Ummm...assuming that story were true, i have quite a bit of reason to complain about Adam and Eve's sin. They would be the reason we live like this since we inherently have a sin nature. That would be directly linked to Adam and Eve's sin. Why would you not resent that you are flawed from the start because of someone else's mistakes? Your points make no sense.

Beniboybling

http://www.northwesternflipside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jesus_toast.jpg I prefer a different God.

Eternal Idol
Q6UfqI5ovQI

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Q6UfqI5ovQI

This is better:

Tom Waits/Cookie Monster mashup - God's Away On Business

U5X4N2exOsU

Eternal Idol
This is better:

Tom Waits/Cookie Monster mashup - God's Away On Business

U5X4N2exOsU

Good God away on business...that shit was horrible.

JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou

Surtur
But they sinned because of the Lightbringer, right?

JesusLovesYou

Surtur

JesusLovesYou
But they sinned because of the Lightbringer, right?

Negative.

Adam and Eve sinned because they "chose" (i.e. with their free "wills"wink to sin (just like you, me, everyone on this forum, and everyone in the world).

JesusLovesYou

Surtur
Negative.

Adam and Eve sinned because they "chose" (i.e. with their free "wills"wink to sin (just like you, me, everyone on this forum, and everyone in the world).

You said the reason we have things like murder, etc. is thanks to Lucifer. Why would we not blame Adama's sins on Lucy too?

JesusLovesYou

Surtur
I have to say you type as if you are a used car salesman who doesn't even believe the spiel he is giving.

ArtificialGlory
I have to say you type as if you are a used car salesman who doesn't even believe the spiel he is giving.
Yeah, pretty much this. He/she is telling me that innocents aren't being punished with death and diseases on Adam's behalf even though that's clearly what is happening. If the Abrahamic God was a just and a fair one, Adam and Adam alone would have suffered the consequences, not the entire world for thousands of years afterwards.

Ursumeles
Hail Satan

Impediment
Christians don't love god or Jesus; they're just trying to earn their way into a blissful, eternal afterlife called Heaven. Why? Because the basis of Christianity isn't love; it's fear. "Worship the magical man in the clouds, or burn in Hell for eternity."

I guarantee that if god really existed and came to Earth to announce that there is no afterlife, good or bad, whatsoever, but he still wanted people to worship him,then the Bible would be as popular as reruns of the Gong Show.

Darkstorm Zero
https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoy3uAMJPwFMl5C/giphy.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
Christians don't love god or Jesus; they're just trying to earn their way into a blissful, eternal afterlife called Heaven. Why? Because the basis of Christianity isn't love; it's fear. "Worship the magical man in the clouds, or burn in Hell for eternity."

I guarantee that if god really existed and came to Earth to announce that there is no afterlife, good or bad, whatsoever, but he still wanted people to worship him,then the Bible would be as popular as reruns of the Gong Show.

The funny thing is if God did come down and say that...some of the truly crazy and devoted religious people would just claim it was God trying to test people to get them to do good for no other reason than to do good.

Or they'd blame it on some kind of trick by Satan.

JesusLovesYou

Impediment
Moved to the appropriate forum.

Surtur
Why are you comparing nuclear bombs to brain tumors? A nuclear bomb getting dropped is a result of choices people make. Nobody chooses to get a brain tumor though.

JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou

Surtur
But again you shouldn't be using them in an analogy either. Do you get why that makes no sense?

JesusLovesYou
But again you shouldn't be using them in an analogy either. Do you get why that makes no sense?

You shouldn't be telling me what I should, or shouldn't be doing.

How would you feel if I told you you shouldn't be sinning?

Now, do you get why that makes no sense?

Are you judging me?

If so, who are you to judge me?

If you are judging me, please stop judging me.

Thanks.

JesusLovesYou
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoy3uAMJPwFMl5C/giphy.gif

No, that is the devil.

You mean you don't know who is behind evil horror movies?

God has "nothing" to do with horror movies of any kind.

Darkstorm Zero
No, that is the devil.

You mean you don't know who is behind evil horror movies?

God has "nothing" to do with horror movies of any kind.

You mean you like to make assumptions about storytelling?

Sorry, but to me, religious texts of all kinds are as much fiction as any other fictional novel. And I am allowed to mock it.

http://img04.deviantart.net/e4a2/i/2016/299/5/4/freddy_kruger_fart_meme_by_hewytoonmore-damb3nj.png

JesusLovesYou
You mean you like to make assumptions about storytelling?

Sorry, but to me, religious texts of all kinds are as much fiction as any other fictional novel. And I am allowed to mock it.

http://img04.deviantart.net/e4a2/i/2016/299/5/4/freddy_kruger_fart_meme_by_hewytoonmore-damb3nj.png

The Bible is "not" a religious text.

It's the Word of the living God.

Darkstorm Zero
The Bible is "not" a religious text.

It's the Word of the living God.

Hence, by definition, a religious text.

You can play word games around that all you like, but the fact is, for that book to be the word of the living God to me automatically requires that I believe that God exists, hence I need faith in his existence.

Unfortunately, faith is worthless. Faith produced some of the worlds most terrible "truths". Faith is the leading cause of the discarding of rational thought in history, through to today.

Also, just as a side note, Adam's original sin seems to have spread it's influence to animals as well, creatures who did not commit original sin anywhere in it's history, and yet they still suffer death through disease. The logic you apply remains faulty.

Greatest I am

Blessings,
Jacqueline

You are right but are missing the real message from Jesus.

This Bishop has a few words for you and your rather sick morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Now if you really want to be saved, follow what Jesus says here.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

You promote a church, but look at what the bible says of them.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Lawyers in that day were the scripture writers but if you do not get that then ------ Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Seek Jesus my friend, but not the way the corrupted church and Christianity tells you to. Follow Jesus instead.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

ArtificialGlory
Yeah, this is nonsense. God allowed Adam's sin to contaminate the whole world and cause untold suffering for billions of innocents for many millennia. A just God would have limited the consequences to Adam and Adam alone.

There's also a huge difference between dropping nuclear bombs and murder, and a 2 year-old getting a brain tumor. The former two are results of free will by human beings, the latter is not.

Greatest I am
Yeah, this is nonsense. God allowed Adam's sin to contaminate the whole world and cause untold suffering for billions of innocents for many millennia. A just God would have limited the consequences to Adam and Adam alone.

There's also a huge difference between dropping nuclear bombs and murder, and a 2 year-old getting a brain tumor. The former two are results of free will by human beings, the latter is not.

I hear you and agree with the thrust of your argument but you have to separate the lies the church propagates with what scriptures say. Scripture try to teach while churches deceive for the cash.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Regards
DL

Surtur
You shouldn't be telling me what I should, or shouldn't be doing.

I was merely suggesting you make sense. You don't have to follow my suggestions.

Is this satire? In the event that it is not: I wouldn't care if you told me I shouldn't sin. I don't even see how telling a person they shouldn't sin would even be construed as wrong. It's a sin to kill people, should you not be told you shouldn't be doing it?

The catholic church also has a lot of experience of telling people what they should or should not be doing. They tell you that you should not sin. I went to catholic schools from grades K-12, and I heard it said often.

Also yeah I was judging you. People judge each other all the time so I'm not sure why some people seem to behave as if this isn't true. In this case, you put your actions on display on a public forum.

Impediment
OP is officially a fanatic.

JesusLovesYou
Hence, by definition, a religious text.

You can play word games around that all you like, but the fact is, for that book to be the word of the living God to me automatically requires that I believe that God exists, hence I need faith in his existence.

Unfortunately, faith is worthless. Faith produced some of the worlds most terrible "truths". Faith is the leading cause of the discarding of rational thought in history, through to today.

Also, just as a side note, Adam's original sin seems to have spread it's influence to animals as well, creatures who did not commit original sin anywhere in it's history, and yet they still suffer death through disease. The logic you apply remains faulty.

Faith is worthless?

You "believed" that if you typed words on this forum and submitted them, that they would show up in a thread.

And in light of that fact, you "acted on" that knowledge and did it.

True or false?

Surtur
I just noticed the custom user title under his poster name. Lol.

JesusLovesYou
I was merely suggesting you make sense. You don't have to follow my suggestions.

Is this satire? In the event that it is not: I wouldn't care if you told me I shouldn't sin. I don't even see how telling a person they shouldn't sin would even be construed as wrong. It's a sin to kill people, should you not be told you shouldn't be doing it?

The catholic church also has a lot of experience of telling people what they should or should not be doing. They tell you that you should not sin. I went to catholic schools from grades K-12, and I heard it said often.

Also yeah I was judging you. People judge each other all the time so I'm not sure why some people seem to behave as if this isn't true. In this case, you put your actions on display on a public forum.

I make sense to a "lot" of people.

Because "you" didn't comprehend I wrote, it doesn't make sense?

Surtur
I'm at a loss as to why the words "lot" and "you" were put in quotes lol.

Impediment
The incredible overuse of quotation marks being used for emphasis reminds me of a hilarious scene from the comic book Preacher.

"IMPROPER USE OF QUOTATION MARKS, HOOVER!!!!"

JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou
I'm at a loss as to why the words "lot" and "you" were put in quotes lol.

I made errors in my last reply to you.

I meant to write,

I make sense to "a lot" of people.

But because "you" didn't understand what I wrote, it doesn't make sense?

Darkstorm Zero
Faith is worthless?

You "believed" that if you typed words on this forum and submitted them, that they would show up in a thread.

And in light of that fact, you "acted on" that knowledge and did it.

True or false?

Scientific reliability is proven to work over blind faith in the unexplainable invisible all powerful yet completely hands off creator God.

You attempt to justify God's inaction and previous action with rhetorical nonsense that no sane person commits to. You say that God is all powerful and does not punish for prior sin, yet the stain of Adam's original sin makes his children suffer needlessly, even though he is fully capable of alleviating the innocent of that sin's unjustifiable effect. He is almighty, he has the power, yet refuses to act, even though the reasoning for his non-interferance is proven false innumerable times throughout the bible, including breaking his own rule when he not only allowed, but encouraged the wholesale slaughter of the Egyptians. A sin for a sin is still wrong, even for God.

This here is a historical fact - Religion was originally developed as an institutionalized control mechanism. It was developed by ancient governing bodies as a means to make the bright eyed superstitious masses of the time behave. "Do as you are expected and told by the faith or go to a horrible afterlife after we cut off your head". Every religion shares this exact formula.

JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou

Darkstorm Zero

Adam_PoE
You attempt to justify God's inaction and previous action with rhetorical nonsense that no sane person commits to. You say that God is all powerful and does not punish for prior sin, yet the stain of Adam's original sin makes his children suffer needlessly, even though he is fully capable of alleviating the innocent of that sin's unjustifiable effect. He is almighty, he has the power, yet refuses to act, even though the reasoning for his non-interferance is proven false innumerable times throughout the bible, including breaking his own rule when he not only allowed, but encouraged the wholesale slaughter of the Egyptians. A sin for a sin is still wrong, even for God.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/13/f2/f013f25153ae550de5103593ca0debfb--god-loves-you-anti-religion.jpg

JesusLovesYou
Yes, you do. Because you are here, replying to a thread entitled "Hi. I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God." You are perfectly aware that you are attempting to speak for him. Again, doublespeak doesn't work.

Dear God, your ardent follower formats his posts like an epilepsy sufferer and does not know how to paragraph. In fact I had to correct it just to make it legible.

eRC7vndBKfc

Now, to answer your ""points" - Your every argument against Artificial Glowy and Surter in the prior five pages is precisely that people suffer because of the stain of Adam's sin. This one aspect, so early in the bible, proves the hypocritical stance of such blind faith. God knew of the ignorance and gullibility of humans - as he intended us to remain that way, he knew of the Devil's manipulation, and he knew, without fail that this supposed stain would make future generations of the children of Adam and Eve suffer during his test. Thus he knowingly allows it to continue - He punishes the innocent for the sins of the guilty, because allowing suffering to continue even though he has the absolute power to alleviate it, he deliberately chooses not to.

I question any supposed benevolent omnipotent being that allows that to continue without so much as a real reason as to why. Adam's choice was not my choice, so that is a bullshit excuse. I should not have to suffer for a choice I had no part in making.

The rest of your diatribe is pure drivel on this point about you harping on and on about needless sufferings which are completely trivial compared to the threat of death for no reason other than "because some ancient ancestor did do a naughty."

Wow, a complete non answer, and then a degeneration into deflection mode with wild ad hominem and false equivelancy for good measure.

So this is how the bible thumpers react when confronted with questions they are ill prepared to answer. They try, and when the rhetoric fails, they start throwing their toys out of the crib.

Also, even though I have no idea what accent you are trying to imitate, I'd say your bigotry and racism is showing for trying to play another race as silly and stupid.

Way to prove the religious hypocritical stance dude. thumb up

I knew that you would not understand if I tried to break everything down for you.

Others get it, but you don't.

Don't fault me for not throwing my hat into "your" ring.

Hey, you didn't answer "any" of my God questions. (Sup with that?)

You've been stripped of your God apologist, Albert Einstein title--for now.

Darkstorm Zero
I knew that you would not understand if I tried to break everything down for you. Others get it, but not you.

And now you act pretentious and of somehow higher understanding, even though you explained absolutely nothing. Quaint, but wrong.

Don't fault me for not throwing my hat into "your" ring.

I never drew battle lines in the sand. YOU did that when you challenged a joke, and then questioned my knowledge about who is really behind horror movies. You do not keep track of your own rhetoric do you?

Hey, you didn't answer "any" of my God questions. (Sup with that?)

You've been stripped of your God apologist, Albert Einstein title--for now.

I never claimed to be a God Apologist in the first place. Nor should I have to answer for a stance I never made. YOU came HERE to tell us about what your faith decrees. Don't be surprised when people find such activities... less than welcome.

JesusLovesYou
And now you act pretentious and of somehow higher understanding, even though you explained absolutely nothing. Quaint, but wrong.

I never drew battle lines in the sand. YOU did that when you challenged a joke, and then questioned my knowledge about who is really behind horror movies. You do not keep track of your own rhetoric do you?

I never claimed to be a God Apologist in the first place. Nor should I have to answer for a stance I never made. YOU came HERE to tell us about what your faith decrees. Don't be surprised when people find such activities... less than welcome.

You know...*sniffle*...you're absolutely---------------------wrong.

My bad, I thought this was the "Religion Fowum".

Maybe I should just keep all my preaching to ma-self.

Darkstorm Zero
You know...*sniffle*...you're absolutely---------------------wrong.

Wow, explanation not forthcoming. Excellent. I love how you illuminate my ignorance with your vast amounts of knowledge of hot air.

My bad, I thought this was the "religion fowum".

It's a forum IE: we discuss religion, IE: we discuss it's merits and it's faults. We arn't here to be preached to and have sermons and prayers. There is a place for that kind of thing. For Catholics and Christians it is called Church.

Maybe I should just keep all my preaching to maself.

Maybe you should. Maybe you should go to the place made for that kind of thing and do it there?

I'm not saying don't have your faith. I'm not saying don't talk about it. All I'm saying is that there are times and places for that, and on a discussion forum where people are clearly not looking for faith is not such a place.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I used to be Catholic, before I woke up to the inconsistencies of scriptures. But that is my path. Others here have gained, lost, or never had religious faiths for various different reasons. And for many, those things are more a source of tension and frustration more than they help.

JesusLovesYou
Wow, explanation not forthcoming. Excellent. I love how you illuminate my ignorance with your vast amounts of knowledge of hot air.

It's a forum IE: we discuss religion, IE: we discuss it's merits and it's faults. We arn't here to be preached to and have sermons and prayers. There is a place for that kind of thing. For Catholics and Christians it is called Church.

Maybe you should. Maybe you should go to the place made for that kind of thing and do it there?

I'm not saying don't have your faith. I'm not saying don't talk about it. All I'm saying is that there are times and places for that, and on a discussion forum where people are clearly not looking for faith is not such a place.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I used to be Catholic, before I woke up to the inconsistencies of scriptures. But that is my path. Others here have gained, lost, or never had religious faiths for various different reasons. And for many, those things are more a source of tension and frustration more than they help.

Your back!

The God apologist, Albert Einstein guy is back!

So erudite and scholarly you are.

You really must stop "needlessly" holding back on your God apology talent.

I mean...you...you...you could be the next...big--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------you.

With such articulate, churchified diction, and elocution.

You see, there's a preacher inside you Hoss, and Imma gonna bring hem out.

Darkstorm Zero
Ugh.....

Nope... I'm way too tired and ill to deal with this...

JesusLovesYou
Ugh.....

Nope... I'm way too tired and ill to deal with this...

I would pray for your healing, but you said this forum is not a place for that so, take it easy.

ArtificialGlory
Your example about president Truman dropping nukes on Japan is a flawed one:

1) It was a horrible necessity of war, not a punishment.
2) It was done by flawed human beings. Unlike the Adam and Eve debacle, God wasn't involved. The people of the United States didn't have a realistic way to stop it(the vast majority didn't even know about the existence of nuclear weapons) nor did they have a particularly good reason to do so.
3) Even though it was done by flawed humans, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was still more just. It was limited to only two cities, instead of the entirety of humanity and the lingering effects of radiation were limited to only 2 or 3 generations, instead of hundreds of generations over thousands of years. So it would seem that mere humans did a better job than God when it came to being fair.
4) Now let's look at the severity of the crimes committed by Japan and Adam. Japan waged a war of aggression while Adam was merely curious. Which is worse: waging a war of aggression or curiosity(a faculty which God himself granted to humans) and desire for knowledge?

JesusLovesYou
Your example about president Truman dropping nukes on Japan is a flawed one:

1) It was a horrible necessity of war, not a punishment.
2) It was done by flawed human beings. Unlike the Adam and Eve debacle, God wasn't involved. The people of the United States didn't have a realistic way to stop it(the vast majority didn't even know about the existence of nuclear weapons) nor did they have a particularly good reason to do so.
3) Even though it was done by flawed humans, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was still more just. It was limited to only two cities, instead of the entirety of humanity and the lingering effects of radiation were limited to only 2 or 3 generations, instead of hundreds of generations over thousands of years. So it would seem that mere humans did a better job than God when it came to being fair.
4) Now let's look at the severity of the crimes committed by Japan and Adam. Japan waged a war of aggression while Adam was merely curious. Which is worse: waging a war of aggression or curiosity(a faculty which God himself granted to humans) and desire for knowledge?

Did innocent children suffer and die though?

Then there's no difference.

I rest my case.

This must be said though, what you're saying about the dropping of nuclear weapons on innocent children is very disturbing because you are trying to "trivialize", "mitigate", and "justify" it.

ArtificialGlory
Did innocent children suffer and die though?

Then there's no difference.

I rest my case.

This must be said though, what you're saying about the dropping of nuclear weapons on innocent children is very disturbing because you are trying to "trivialize", "mitigate", and "justify" it.
Yes.

No difference? Are you saying there's no difference between God and humans?

I'm doing no such thing. Though it is relatively trivial compared to what God allowed to happen.

JesusLovesYou
Yes.

No difference? Are you saying there's no difference between God and humans?

I'm doing no such thing. Though it is relatively trivial compared to what God allowed to happen.

What did God do?

ArtificialGlory
What did God do?
Stood by and allowed billions to suffer across millennia because of the actions of one man. Actions that weren't even ill-intentioned.

JesusLovesYou
Stood by and allowed billions to suffer across millennia because of the actions of one man. Actions that weren't even ill-intentioned.

Sounds just like what the United States did with President Harry S. Truman nuking innocent children.

They could have been anyone's little brothers and sisters. And "you" tried to "justify" his heinous actions.

Shame on you.

ArtificialGlory
Sounds just like what the United States did with President Harry S. Truman nuking innocent children
There's a big difference because the nuking of Japan was a necessity of war that prevented even greater suffering and loss of life down the line. What would have happened if God had either prevented or simply limited the consequences of Adam's sin to only Adam, which was definitely within God's divine power? Humans would live blissful lives free of sin, suffering, and death. How terrible!

JesusLovesYou
There's a big difference because the nuking of Japan was a necessity of war that prevented even greater suffering and loss of life down the line. What would have happened if God had either prevented or simply limited the consequences of Adam's sin to only Adam, which was definitely within God's divine power? Humans would live blissful lives free of sin, suffering, and death. How terrible!

Why are trying to "justify" nuking innocent children?

All that talk from about "innocents", and it turns out that you "don't" even "mean" it.

You still have not answered my "original" question.

Have "you" ever sinned?

ArtificialGlory
Why are trying to "justify" nuking innocent children?

All that talk from about "innocents", and it turns out that you "don't" even "mean" it.

You still have not answered my "original" question.

Have "you" ever sinned?
At least there is some sort of a justification for what happened during WW2. There is no justification for what happened in the Garden of Eden.

If I have sinned, then my sins pale in comparison to God's sins.

JesusLovesYou
At least there is some sort of a justification for what happened during WW2. There is no justification for what happened in the Garden of Eden.

If I have sinned, then my sins pale in comparison to God's sins.

"If" you have sinned?

I think you know that you have--many times.

Nevertheless, now we can get somewhere.

"All" that talk about Adam, and you are just as "guilty" as he is. All it took was "one" sin from Adam to let sin into the world, and death (i.e. the curse) through sin.

You would have done the "same" thing since you "admit" that you have sins.

ArtificialGlory
"If" you have sinned?

I think you know that you have--many of times.

Nevertheless, now we can get somewhere.

"All" that talk about Adam, and you are just as "guilty" as he is. All it took was "one" sin from Adam to let sin into the world, and death (i.e. the curse) through sin.

You would have done the "same" thing since you "admit" that you have sins.

Of course I have sinned. Everyone, including God, has sinned.

The problem is that the punishment does not fit the crime, nor should everyone else suffer for the crimes/sins of one man. In fact, Adam's curiosity wasn't a crime to begin with.

JesusLovesYou
Of course I have sinned. Everyone, including God, has sinned.

The problem is that the punishment does not fit the crime, nor should everyone else suffer for the crimes/sins of one man. In fact, Adam's curiosity wasn't a crime to begin with.

Question: who's to blame when a drunk driver's car kills an innocent person, the United States of America, or the drunk driver?

NewGuy01
thumb up The drunk driver. Which is precisely why the entirety of humanity has no business being held accountable for the actions of one person. Unfortunately though, according to your silly creation story, that's apparently not how the world works.

ArtificialGlory
Question: who's to blame when a drunk driver's car kills an innocent person, the United States of America, or the drunk driver?
The drunk driver. Adam was the proverbial drunk driver in the story of the Garden of Eden.

JesusLovesYou
The drunk driver. Adam was the proverbial drunk driver in the story of the Garden of Eden.

Thank you.

You "finally" see the light.

You blamed "Adam" and not God.

ArtificialGlory
Thank you.

You "finally" see the light.

You blamed "Adam" and not God.
What? God is at fault for allowing Adam's sin to become everyone's sin. That would be like the US government throwing every single one of its citizens in jail because one guy drove drunk.

JesusLovesYou
What? God is at fault for allowing Adam's sin to become everyone's sin. That would be like the US government throwing every single one of its citizens in jail because one guy drove drunk.

Why would God be at fault for "your" sins?

You just "admitted" to being a sinner three posts back.

Surtur
I made errors in my last reply to you.

I meant to write,

I make sense to "a lot" of people.

But because "you" didn't understand what I wrote, it doesn't make sense?

*Reads explanation for quotes being used*

pjnZO5ZgWE8

Why is "you" in quotes? Is this not meant to refer to me?

ArtificialGlory
Why would God be at fault for "your" sins?

You just "admitted" to being a sinner three posts back.
God is responsible for the disproportionate punishment for sins. And in the case of young children, who couldn't possibly have sinned, God is responsible for the suffering of complete innocents.

I am a sinner, yes, but my sins are minor and born out of humanity's flawed nature(which God is ultimately responsible for). See, the funny thing is that despite my sins, I'm not suffering. In fact, I have a better life than most. Couldn't say the same thing about the sin-free 3 year-old dying from leukemia.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>