Dragon Ball Fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
This one will be more 2.5D fighting

coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

developed by Arc System Works and due out worldwide in early 2018.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

BruceSkywalker
looks interesting

Demonic Phoenix
lVkZX4yhzU0

cdtm
So what, is this Budokai 3 with Super elements?

Sounds like a downgrade to me. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
More like it's closer to an actual fighter when made by the people behind Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. DBS content doesn't affect the quality of a game for me and others as it might for you. =p I just take it the same way I have GT content in games; something from an inferior successor series, but nice to have as fanservice for extra game content.

GT's had less and less presence in games now though of course. Worst case I saw of it was when a dev or someone behind Xenoverse 2 was asked about why they didn't have SSJ4 as a form for created saiyan characters, and they responded with "it would've been too difficult to have all that different body fur for different saiyans" or something along those lines, so they just later had SSJ4 as an aesthetic costume instead. Sooo hard, and Namco has even less excuse not to have Blue or God form for created saiyans when they had the golden form for Frieza race characters, but what do they give created saiyans as a new thing for Xenoverse 2? Oh, SSJ3.

Anyway, not sure what to really expect for this game here, aside from being a breath of fresh air.

Demonic Phoenix
It's made by Arc System Works,, so that alone is worth considering.

Kazenji
Also the older games for the Snes were 2D

Hyper Dimension was the best one out of the lot

go check it out on a emulator, Only way to for those games.

Ridley_Prime
The SNES ones weren't released outside of Japan (it was before Dragon Ball or anime in general became huge in the West), so I had to play those on emulator at the time. Don't remember Hyper Dimension by this point but as far as 2D's, I was partial to Supersonic Warriors (at least the first one) on GBA which can also be emulated elsewhere...

But yeah, compared to all of Namco's 3D Dragon Ball game series, the 2D's are a rarity by this point which is why this new Fighters game is already cherished by some.

BruceSkywalker
Goku better go Super Saiyan God

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The SNES ones weren't released outside of Japan (it was before Dragon Ball or anime in general became huge in the West), so I had to play those on emulator at the time. Don't remember Hyper Dimension by this point but as far as 2D's, I was partial to Supersonic Warriors (at least the first one) on GBA which can also be emulated elsewhere...

But yeah, compared to all of Namco's 3D Dragon Ball game series, the 2D's are a rarity by this point which is why this new Fighters game is already cherished by some.

G6mDlM8UXCE

Demonic Phoenix
jA-LYA2o3EY

Estacado
Looks sexay graphics are better then in any DB game so far. Supers look awesome.
Add God Broly, Janemba, Super 13, Hit, Rose and Im in...

Ridley_Prime
This'll have a closed beta during the summer apparently.

Bro SMASH
Forget about MvCI. THIS is the game I'm getting!

ares834

Demonic Phoenix
1HE7a2jOjcE

Looking like it's going to be a really good game

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Forget about MvCI. THIS is the game I'm getting!
It's uncanny how DBF utterly destroyed MvCI.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ball-fighterz-is-beating-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-to-a-pulp-as-far-as-twitter-is-concerned/

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things.

Ridley_Prime
I retweeted this, because Dragon Ball Fighters needs to be on the Switch!

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/877713309641748482

Switch already has Xenoverse 2, so why not?

Adam Grimes

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ball-fighterz-is-beating-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-to-a-pulp-as-far-as-twitter-is-concerned/

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things. To be fair MvsC3 is still better than both lol

Ridley_Prime
Eh, I like MvC3 too, having gotten a current gen port of it recently, but it's hard to really compare to like a real Dragon Ball fighter which is a different beast. Infinite just deserved the ridicule and backlash it got for being the rushed mess and arguably unfinished game that it was (as it currently is at least).

Nemesis X
T0PjEo0OfSA

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

Ridley_Prime
_8bvAx3gm0s

Bro SMASH

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things.

Yeah, no doubt Capcom should be kicking themselves when they look at this game and then their own.

For a DBZ fan like me, this has been a dream come true. I'm really happy that at least one of these fighting game companies made a Dragon Ball Z game with this kind of gameplay. I remember when I first saw X-Men vs. Street Fighter at the arcades and one of the first things that came to mind was Dragon Ball Z. Long energy blasts? Super jumps? Air combos? Close ups before supers? Background changing (in MvC, that is)? I always thought that that kind of gameplay would be perfect for a DBZ game and now we're FINALLY getting it.

Nemesis X
LyVYFo3HxPg

EPIC!!!

Estacado
Hit and Rose confirmed?

JTTQTiE3uC4

Ridley_Prime
Hit and Goku Black might be a bit of a reach. I don't know, it's anyone's guess right now, but still wondering about Beerus... and whether Goku having SSJB Kaioken there was really necessary.

Estacado
Hit and Rose gotta make it if Blue is in. Also its nice to see Vegeta beatdown move in the game (the one he did on Black) and Goku's ultimate is what he did againt Hit when they battled for the 1st time. Kinda sad how Goku's ultra looks much cooler then Vegeta's. Btw cant recall what scene is Vegeta's ultra is from?

cdtm
They really need a Create a Wrestler function, so I can make Superman and beat down the entire cast.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Yeah, no doubt Capcom should be kicking themselves when they look at this game and then their own.

For a DBZ fan like me, this has been a dream come true. I'm really happy that at least one of these fighting game companies made a Dragon Ball Z game with this kind of gameplay. I remember when I first saw X-Men vs. Street Fighter at the arcades and one of the first things that came to mind was Dragon Ball Z. Long energy blasts? Super jumps? Air combos? Close ups before supers? Background changing (in MvC, that is)? I always thought that that kind of gameplay would be perfect for a DBZ game and now we're FINALLY getting it.

Watch the worst characters in the series become the Sentinel/Magneto/Cable/Storm... (Someone like adult Gohan or Yamcha..)

Ridley_Prime
https://i.imgur.com/LeRoqT3.jpg

The internet instantly fell in love with the newly introduced Android 21... 18's gonna have some serious competition.

Estacado
Well..... I didnt. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
The internet and DB fanbase at large in general loves her, was the point. Not sure why an Android would need glasses though but interesting design nonetheless.

And Yamcha definitely looks fun to play as here, but Tien... was more underwhelmed by. May as well be bottom tier to coincide with his treatment in Super, the only U7 fighter who didn't get a Toriyama handjob.

LordofBrooklyn
One word.

BROLY!!!

Ridley_Prime
Imagining the shitstorm reactions if we got Kale instead of him...

cdtm
Imagining the shitstorm reactions if we got Kale instead of him...

LMAO!

I hope not. This game, unlike the unholy abomination bearing the DB name, actually looks like a worthy addition to the franchise.

Ridley_Prime

cdtm
Fusion was pretty awful in Budokai 3. You either had dance lasting long enough for one combo, or potera failing every attempt.

Best fusion character I've seen is from a freeware beat 'em up Little Fighter 2, where a fire and ice character run into each other and form Firzen, with about the same level as the op boss character but with a hidden time limit of some minutes (And hardly invincible, he can still be swamped.)

Actually, found a video:

fgYJqxtJgfM

That game was fun. smile

Estacado
We need Hit.
He is the coolest mofo in DB history...hell I almost like him more then Broly.

Estacado
BOOM!

AqpTyzt2t3Y

LordofBrooklyn
I DEMAND BROLY!!!!

Estacado
Hit looks sexay!!
-gcYZOvkLIQ

Estacado
Originally posted by Estacado
Beerus hakai!

C5JPigzYwgI

Ridley_Prime

Estacado
I really hope Broly makes it.

Jiren, Ssb Vegetto, Super 13, UI Goku would be nice to have.

All the Super characters seem really solid.

I like that Hit and Beerus have unique playstyle.

They say Hit will be the hardest to master cause of his parrying.

cdtm
They should add Superman.

Nemesis X
Bulma, Roshi, Kefla, Magetta, Hercule, and Videl Pre-Super would be nice also.

Estacado
These guys can eat a d1ck they already have 35 dollar fighter pass with 8 dlc characters....game industry.

Ridley_Prime
What did you expect? It's par the course with fighting games now, no matter who it's from. Long as the DLC characters are sold individually too, I'm good.

Since we already got the big guns like Beerus and Hit, I wonder what the pass will contain that'll make it worth getting.

Estacado
I know its the standard shit now still it makes me sad.

The official trailer shows all the mentioned characters so far, guess that's the full roster we get now, could be wrong.

Guess 23 isnt a bad starter.

Confirmed playable characters (23)
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan)
Frieza (Final Form)
Cell (Perfect Form)
Majin Buu
Future Trunks (Cell Saga, Super Saiyan)
Krillin
Piccolo
Android 16
Android 18
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
Yamcha
Tien
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Adult Gohan
Gotenks
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

Estacado
I think my main team will be:
Hit
Black
Ssjb Vegeta

Nemesis X
I'm concerned about the retail version if I can't find one match in the beta. Almost two days in a row now I haven't found one. Not one! I'm losing my mind here.

LordofBrooklyn
Broly BETTER enter this game!!!

Nemesis X
Only wuld u kno da wae can you get into game. Does Broly kno da wae?

Quincy
Apparently post data-mine, it's looking like Broly will make it in. Same with Janemba and Bardock.

Just downloaded this last night, and I'm really digging it. I'm on Ps4 if anyone is down.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Quincy
Apparently post data-mine, it's looking like Broly will make it in. Same with Janemba and Bardock.

I think that was debunked a few days ago. Hope so. Those same leaks also mentioned Base Goku and Vegeta and we already got two Gokus and Vegetas in the roster and that's enough. Unless it's Kid Goku with the Power Pole, Flying Nimbus, and Bansho Fan. Only then would I allow one more Goku.

Kazenji
Got the game today myself

seen footage online for Captain Ginyu, He has the rest of the Ginyu force with some of his specials.

Estacado
He is coming!!

oV8arnU7KDQ

Ridley_Prime
https://i.imgur.com/1VagFXd.jpg

Hyped for Bardock, but I care little for the Doomsday of Dragon Ball who will no doubt be one of the most overused online.

The connectivity bonuses with Supreme Kai of Time as a lobby avatar for DBFZ and Android 21 skin accessories for Xenoverse 2 are a nice touch I suppose, even if I still don't care much for the rehash that is XV2 after having my fill of the first one...

ares834
SSJ Bardock? So ****ing dumb. I like the character but the whole idea of him going SSJ was terrible. And it almost goes without saying that Broly is even worse.

Kazenji
Agreed, Broly is overrated

got 3 movies for him and only one of them was actually good.

Ridley_Prime
At least Bardock is only SSJ during one attack, and then reverts back to normal after. I can live with that honestly. As for Broly, that does go without saying at this point.

Estacado
All you Broly hatorz.....uhuh

Ridley_Prime
I just hope he doesn't have some armor attribute here like in other games, making him an overpowered phaggot that's used by everyone online. Otherwise I can probably live with him being in FighterZ.

I don't care much for Jiren but I would've taken even him over Broly.

Ridley_Prime
So I guess Broly does have super armor with some of his moves, in addition to the long reach for attacks that his large hotbox typically provides. Hopefully he's not the MvC Sentinel of the game, lest I start calling this game pay2win with the DLC. Hope he's not too OP though, in all seriousness. I honestly can't think of one game Broly was in where he was reasonably balanced amongst the cast, all the way back to when I first experienced him in Budokai 3 and such... That's kind of the problem I have with him at least in games, and if he upsets the balance that exists so far with FighterZ I'll be livid.

Anywho, main reason posting again for now was to point out that apparently the original leaker who seemed have predicted the DLC characters of FighterZ has said there'd be a season 2, with Tapion, Gogeta, Roshi, Videl with Great Saiyaman as assist, Raditz, Zarbon, and finally Cabba and Kale, with Caulifla as assist character for the latter.

Take it with a grain of salt though of course, especially since Toppo and Jiren aren't listed. I'd think at least the latter would be included... If it's true about the girls though, hope the level 3 ultimate involves combining their red and green energy waves like in the show, without going Kefla.

Kazenji
All you Broly hatorz.....uhuh

His back story is ****en stupid

"i hate Goku because of his crying" ....... erm

yeah fantastic.

Quincy

Quincy

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed, Broly is overrated

got 3 movies for him and only one of them was actually good. Just what Broly represents is awesome enough, he ****s shit up in the best way, then gets killed off.

Thats all he was ever meant to be, and I think its better that way.

I guess Hulk is a shit character too because he has the vocabulary and brain of an angry toddler.

Ridley_Prime
That comparison's an insult to Hulk.

Even if the first Broly movie was fun (which I could at least give a pass unlike the later two), he still got beat by one of the most retarded PIS plot devices. Broly pretty much is the Doomsday of Dragon Ball, just with a worse storyline/reason for being bad guy, but their debut being their only good entry is undeniable.

Bardock will be a good rushdown character apparently. Hopefully Broly's little more than a tank that can become supreme combo food...

edit: As for 17 playable with roles reversed, I dunno... With all he did in the Tournament of Power though, you'd think he would get a little more treatment than just an assist role.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Just what Broly represents is awesome enough, he ****s shit up in the best way, then gets killed off.

Thats all he was ever meant to be, and I think its better that way.

I guess Hulk is a shit character too because he has the vocabulary and brain of an angry toddler.

The Hulk isn't as stupid as you're making him out to be.

Yamcha
I guess Broly will be fairly low tier, which sucks cause he looks so cool in this game.

aPuC26aQ5vU

At least Bardock is apparently sounding solid :/.

cdtm
Jesus, what a horrible game. All flash, no substance. Just like Super.

Kazenji
It's actually a good game once you play it

online is also good too, As long as you don't get a person that spams some of the attacks.

cdtm
It's actually a good game once you play it

online is also good too, As long as you don't get a person that spams some of the attacks.

Damn you and your immunity to trolling! mad

Honestly, it was allright. Test drove it at a Gamercon. I can't figure out how to sync player 2 for the life of me, but I'll get it for my laptop if I buy it..

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yamcha
I guess Broly will be fairly low tier, which sucks cause he looks so cool in this game.

aPuC26aQ5vU

At least Bardock is apparently sounding solid :/.
On one hand, Broly not being overpowered in-game for once is terrific news where balance is concerned, but having pretty low damage and needing assists to really combo? lolwut? He'll still make money as DLC regardless due to his diehard fanbase, but didn't see that coming honestly. Have no problem with his inclusion at all now, needless to say.

Yamcha
Haha yeah of all the characters I never expected Broly to be the one with damage issues but like you said at least he won't be crazy overpowered like in some of the other games, being OP with Super Armor would have been no good lol. I'm sure some folks will be able to make him work, but once the new character hype wears off I don't think we'll end up seeing him used on teams nearly as often as say someone like Black.

I'm biased cause I love rushdown characters but man Bardock is looking fun to play.

dtcRQ3JbFTY

Kazenji
How nice of them to give everyone 300,000 Zeni and they also unlocked SSGB Goku & Vegeta if you haven't unlocked them already.

Ridley_Prime

Nemesis X
Zamasu and 17. What was the point of them being part of Goku Black and Android 18's movesets if they're gonna get their own slots later down the road? That's totally not gonna look annoying on the screen...

Nemesis X
OZWlh2K5pAo

*sigh*

Yep. Great. Just great. While Namco's at it, why not make each member of the Ginyu Force a standalone also. You're putting characters who wouldn't had gotten a slot in the roster in with other's movesets and what do ya do? Give them a slot anyway! It just annoys me so much.

Ridley_Prime
erm He looks awesome in-game, and I'm not really even a Zamasu fan. If 17's included, hope he plays more like his ToP self, but there's plenty I'd rather have over him.

Ridley_Prime
zDsGl2yMagU

Looks cool enough I suppose. Digging the purple phoenix thing which I assume is the level 3 super.

Estacado
The idea of saiyan saga Vegeta and Goku is much worse than fused Zamasu imo...

Jmanghan
I started playing and its painfully obvious I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

Nemesis X
wGwitlKc49Q

And after Vegito, Saiyan Saga Goku and Vegeta. Next we'll get Ultra Instinct Goku, Saiyan Blue 2 Vegeta, Farmer Goku and Android Arc Vegeta (with pink shirt) as separate characters. Throw in a Pirate Goku complete with talking parrot if things aren't crazy enough. Kamehamebwaaak!

Jmanghan
Seriously though, Bardock and Broly are DLC?

Characters who've been staples for years, made DLC?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Seriously though, Bardock and Broly are DLC?

Characters who've been staples for years, made DLC?

It's not like they can literally put everyone on the roster before meeting the deadline awesome as that would be.

Speaking of Broly, I might just get him as we both dislike Goku. There is going to be four of them too many and for all we know, more might be coming in the future. It's like the devs think there aren't that many Dragon Ball characters so they just keep using this dude and Vegeta. It needs to stop.

Estacado
Vegetto looks really good though...

Ridley_Prime

Estacado
And since the leaked list is right so far we can expect saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta which is pretty meh..

Ridley_Prime
Realized I forgot to post it before, but the Trunks dramatic finisher on Zamasu is pretty sweet.

yJ9cITECXE4

Also glad this game got ported to Switch, though it was expected eventually.

cdtm
Looks like this stupid game is on sale.

40% off is still 35.95 expensive. Think I'll wait until a price drop to 5 dollars.

Kazenji
Seems like the community is dead in regards to the Australia region, When selecting what region

last i was on it only had 13 people in the lobby.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It's not like they can literally put everyone on the roster before meeting the deadline awesome as that would be.

Speaking of Broly, I might just get him as we both dislike Goku. There is going to be four of them too many and for all we know, more might be coming in the future. It's like the devs think there aren't that many Dragon Ball characters so they just keep using this dude and Vegeta. It needs to stop. True, but they could've focused on the roster and the fighting game mechanics.

I mean, think about the last time we had a DBZ fighting game roster this small, with this many recognizable characters missing or just straight up thrown out.

We're buying DBZ games because of 1. the characters 2. the fighting game mechanics.

cdtm

Speaking of Broly, I might just get him as we both dislike Goku. There is going to be four of them too many and for all we know, more might be coming in the future. It's like the devs think there aren't that many Dragon Ball characters so they just keep using this dude and Vegeta. It needs to stop.

Broly dlc? No imperfect Cell, no Cooler? Is there even Hercule Satan?

Hard pass. I'll just stick with Budokai 3 for dream match's.

Ridley_Prime

Kazenji
Pretty sure that they went with Quality over quantity for this game and besides with Budokai 3 and the other games alot of the fighter's felt very samey when it came to the fighting moves.

Jmanghan
We haven't seen anything on King Vegeta in a very long time.

He'd be a cool character to bring back.

cdtm
Pretty sure that they went with Quality over quantity for this game and besides with Budokai 3 and the other games alot of the fighter's felt very samey when it came to the fighting moves.

Probably, but still.. Even on sale, 90+ for the season pass.

For someone who plays against the computer, I'm not sure it's worth the money for a few days story moding, and then shelving.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm

For someone who plays against the computer, I'm not sure it's worth the money for a few days story moding, and then shelving. Exactly, I mostly buy fighting games for the characters to the point I'll deal with shitty fighting mechanics just for the characters. (Tekken 6)

cdtm
https://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/dragon-ball-fighterz/

Cell top tier.

Adult Gohan way too high.. Who the hell even picks him?

Kazenji

For someone who plays against the computer, I'm not sure it's worth the money for a few days story moding, and then shelving.

The don't buy the Season pass if its that much of a problem for ya

just buy the extra fighter's when they're on a discount.

cdtm
Ehh. Budokai is good enough...

Totally regret buying Injustice. And Fghters are just a waste.

Now, if there was a Platinum brawler ala Transformers Devastation, I'd be all over that.

cdtm
Nothing but Cellls and Gohans, Hits and Goku's, and a Vegeta anchor.

Just like MvsC, the some combination of a handful of characters everywhere.

cdtm
Android 21 has to be the laziest design ever.

Buu made by science instead of magic. And a Beerus tail. AND A GIRL??? eek!

Nemesis X
Is that Tattered Masculinity I'm hearing from you cdTM?

cdtm
You. stick out tongue

I do like how the game itself kept calling attention to that fact.

"She turns people to candy."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she gets stronger from absorbing people."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she regenerates reeeeallly fast, and can come back from a speck."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she's pink."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And her good half pulled away from her evil half, who kept most of the powers."

"LIKE BUU!"

Ok, they didn't point out the last one, but they totally could have.

Kazenji
Thanks for pointing out those things Captain Obvious.

cdtm
That's Admiral Obvious to you.

It is totally obvious Toriyama was phoning it in. Just like he did with the shitty Super, and pretty much everything the hack has done since Dr. Slump and pre Z Dragon Ball.

Kazenji
Cut back on the salt, Its not good for you.

cdtm
I like my sardines and pickled herring.

Because I have good taste, unlike anyone who likes Dragon Ball Super. thumb up

Nemesis X
Do you need a hug? Is that the problem here?

cdtm
I do.

I need a hug, to console me that an abomination like Dragon Ball Super was ever made.

Nemesis X
You. stick out tongue

I do like how the game itself kept calling attention to that fact.

"She turns people to candy."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she gets stronger from absorbing people."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she regenerates reeeeallly fast, and can come back from a speck."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And she's pink."

"LIKE BUU!"

"And her good half pulled away from her evil half, who kept most of the powers."

"LIKE BUU!"

Ok, they didn't point out the last one, but they totally could have.

I can't let this slide especially when you continue this in the anime forum.

It has been established throughout these Dragon Ball games from DB Online, Xenoverse, to Fusion that Majin are a race. You make 21 out as some copycat but everything mentioned are the common traits all Majins have. Just because other Namekians can grow a new arm, that doesn't make them Piccolo copies.

cdtm
I can't let this slide especially when you continue this in the anime forum.

It has been established throughout these Dragon Ball games from DB Online, Xenoverse, to Fusion that Majin are a race. You make 21 out as some copycat but everything mentioned are the common traits all Majins have. Just because other Namekians can grow a new arm, that doesn't make them Piccolo copies.

Uh huh.

Gtfo with that expanded universe shit. I bet Toriyama doesn't even follow any of that, or care. That doesn't excuse what is clearly a lazily designed character.

Nemesis X
Uh huh.

Gtfo with that expanded universe shit. I bet Toriyama doesn't even follow any of that, or care. That doesn't excuse what is clearly a lazily designed character.

Yes, why bring up the non-canon DB EU for a non-canon DB game. Why don't you gtfo?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/47c6e9c63c8174350535c9de5727f238/tumblr_o3dyaeqah91sgixyoo4_250.gif https://78.media.tumblr.com/72cf7d6085a0a06e9583a7718f6bde3f/tumblr_o3dyaeqah91sgixyoo6_250.gif https://78.media.tumblr.com/5df1d8a5c8078f1c168e5a7f3d2fcdd5/tumblr_o3dyaeqah91sgixyoo5_250.gif

cdtm
I'm bringing up Toriyama's hack job on Android 21. Pointing out there's a race of Buu's, or whatever expanded universe stuff you want to point out is irrelevent.

Toriyama phoned it in, period. Just like he did with the abysmally bad Dragon Ball Super (Which I REALLY hope you're not defending. Anyone not named Carver actually tolerating that steaming pile of aborted fetus dung, let alone enjoying it, would destroy whatever little hope for humanity I have left..)

Nemesis X
I'm bringing up Toriyama's hack job on Android 21. Pointing out there's a race of Buu's, or whatever expanded universe stuff you want to point out is irrelevent.

Ummm

It's pretty relevant when you're making the accusations 21 is copying Buu 'cause "omg they're both pink".

If he just phoned it in, 21 wouldn't have the character development to make her the sympathetic villain she's made as if you bothered to unlock the Soul Link events with her in the single player.

cdtm
Oh, jesus... you actually LIKE Dragon Ball Super!

Say it ain't so! eek!

Ridley_Prime
iWkcFxQAj0U

thumb up
Wonder whose next now though after ToP 17.

Ridley_Prime
Shame that this game is nigh impossible to host at tournaments now due to Toei being such greedy scum. Now I wont feel bad if I happen to boycott/not get Shonen Jump Force.

cdtm
Can't see the vid at work.

Why is it hard to host tourney's? That's sort of the entire point of any competitive fighter.

cdtm
So they cut a deal for exclusive rights, and are going after everyone else. Even Evo Japan.

That's insane. Why would Bamco even want exclusive rights? Do they put on major tournaments? Or is this just to spite others from using it?

BackFire
Yeah that's really shitty.

cdtm
Does Fz have the Ginyu? Or Nappa and Radditz?

Kid Goku?

Looks to me like it's all Cell saga and up, mostly.

Kazenji
Only Captain Ginyu, The rest of the team are part of his move set.

Ridley_Prime
And Nappa's in the game too, yeah. Pretty tank-ish character as you would expect.

Ridley_Prime
Jiren recently teased for season 2 of the DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-teases-jiren-as-a-new-fighter-new-dragon-ball-project-is-an-action-rpg/

victreebelvictr
Is Master Rossi playable?

Ridley_Prime
No, which is kinda surprising given all the Toriyama handjobs he got in the tournament of power, while Tien became a laughing stock but is still playable.

cdtm
I don't think he was even playable in Budokai 3.

Tenkaichi, maybe?

Jmanghan
I don't think he was even playable in Budokai 3.

Tenkaichi, maybe? Tenkaichi had almost everyone.

Ridley_Prime
So most of the season 2 DLC has been revealed...

Jiren looks solid, but have to say I'm kinda disappointed with Videl's addition, who feels out of left field out of all the females they could add now. Even Chi-Chi I would take over her, or let alone one of the fun joke characters like Hercule or someone.

Canon Broly and Gogeta Blue (out of what's been supposedly leaked) is quite redundant after getting the old Broly and Blue Vegito in the season 1 DLC, but it was expected with how they're trending now and the Broly movie hitting it at the box office.

I like to think the last two unknown spots for the season 2 DLC will be Kefla and Toppo, but will have to see.

Overall the DLC of this game (both seasons) has been pretty hit and miss for my liking.

cdtm
A chibi chi-chi as part of a classic mix would be grand.

Along with Piccolo Sr., Tao-Pie-Pie, Ox King, Lunch, and for the hell of it, Arale.

Kazenji
I'd be up for the original Piccolo when he was evil.

Nemesis X
If Namco wants to promote the Broly movie in the game, that's fine but can they not keep spamming the hell out of Goku & Vegeta and add an actual new character in their stead like Paragus, Cheelai, King Vegeta, or Gine (Goku's mom)?

Kazenji
Pikkon would be another good one to add.

Estacado
Jiren, Videl, Broly(Ikari), Blue Gogeta are officially confirmed.

Kazenji
Watched some of Videl in action, Has the Great Saiyaman with one of her specials.

Estacado
So most of the season 2 DLC has been revealed...

Jiren looks solid, but have to say I'm kinda disappointed with Videl's addition, who feels out of left field out of all the females they could add now. Even Chi-Chi I would take over her, or let alone one of the fun joke characters like Hercule or someone.

Canon Broly and Gogeta Blue (out of what's been supposedly leaked) is quite redundant after getting the old Broly and Blue Vegito in the season 1 DLC, but it was expected with how they're trending now and the Broly movie hitting it at the box office.

I like to think the last two unknown spots for the season 2 DLC will be Kefla and Toppo, but will have to see.

Overall the DLC of this game (both seasons) has been pretty hit and miss for my liking.

Who did you like and who did you hate from the dlc roster?

Bentley
The DLC is hit or miss.

Just like the source material.

Best adaptation ever thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Who did you like and who did you hate from the dlc roster?
Like: Bardock, Cooler, Merged Zamasu, Jiren

Indifferent towards on don't particularly care for: ToP/park ranger 17, non-canon Broly (at least he turned out to be reasonably balanced unlike previous games), Vegito Blue

Don't like: Saiyan saga Goku & Vegeta, Videl

The new Broly I can at least give the benefit of a doubt for having a somewhat fresher moveset, but getting Gogeta when we already had Vegito? Such padding, as if all the Goku's and Vegeta's we already had in the roster wasn't enough redundancy.

I mean even if Gogeta has a bit of a different moveset than Vegito, they're practically the same character at this point, both in Blue form.

Estacado
Videl, Base Goku and Vegeta are a waste of slot.

New Broly and Gogeta were way too obvious since the fans are loving the movie.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
The DLC is hit or miss.

Just like the source material.

Best adaptation ever thumb up

laughing out loud

We're probably not going to get Hercule Satan, which is a real shame. Because this is a "serious" fighter.

At least I have Dragon Arena in Budokai 3, and Satan's campaign in 1.

Ridley_Prime
The Japanese VA for Hercule passed away a few months ago which might be an excuse against having him, but this game is in serious need of a fun joke character for variety sake. Roshi, Hercule, Arale, or even ****ing Ribbrianne. Roster for this game is too same-y as it is.

cdtm
Hercule, Gohan, and Pan was one of the best slice of life episodes from Dragon Ball.

Nemesis X
Sure I would've liked Chi Chi, Kefla or even something random as Bulma with a belt full of capsules spawning weapons of mass destruction but Videl is who we got for now and it's a decent enough choice. Plus this is her original version before her character butchering in Super so I support her inclusion.

Ridley_Prime
I guess whoever the last couple characters are will finalize my thoughts on some like Videl being here. If we still get Kefla and someone else who was more expected, then I wont be as critical on her as I am now, but the thought of getting Videl over any other remaining female they couldve added is pretty bad.

I would definitely welcome Chi-Chi if she can do crazy combos like this.

https://twitter.com/kabe_3/status/1089516082287730690?s=20

The only move Videl has that I remember liking is Eagle Kick but even then, she was usually a boring fighter in past games.

Kazenji
1hfXKcBPMkY

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>