What I've learned about the Star Wars galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I used to think that the Star Wars galaxy wasn't advanced enough in technology yet I realized that I can't look at it that way. Star Wars is not the future. It's alternate civilization that evolved differently than ours. They have bacta. We have nanomedicine etc. What does everyone think?

ares834
"A long time ago" not a big enough clue for you?

Zenwolf
It wasn't advanced enough? Wha? Hyperspace travel isn't enough for you? Miniature sun reactors? Full sentient droids, miracle fluid AKA: Bacta. Cybernetic augmentation, gene augmentation etc.

Darth Abonis
Their digital data storage is very primitive if you see Rogue One

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Their digital data storage is very primitive if you see Rogue One

Yeah because it's not like intercepting transmissions and hacking would be a thing, so having a physical copy of sensitive information would be good(even then information can be sent via Holonet)and even then that's one thing out of the other high tech. But ew you're speaking Canon, nevermind then. Still the SWU is advanced.

The hyperdrive alone shows that, among other things.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah because it's not like intercepting transmissions and hacking would be a thing, so having a physical copy of sensitive information would be good(even then information can be sent via Holonet)and even then that's one thing out of the other high tech. But ew you're speaking Canon, nevermind then. Still the SWU is advanced.

The hyperdrive alone shows that, among other things.

I used to think that about the hyperdrive, but after seeing the Purrgills so it, I feel like its something "natural" in the Star Wars galaxy.

Zentrex
I personally have always thought that the Star Wars galaxy really wasn't all that advanced compared to the human race.

The only difference is that they have FTL technology. That allows them to travel to far off worlds and collect the kind of resource base they'd need to advance as far as they have. If humans possessed hyperdrive technology, then we'd be far more advanced than the star wars galaxy. Hell, we already have 90% of all they use as experimental technology in the real world, it's just not mass produced.

Kurk
SW universe hasn't:

Figured out how to make iron-proof clothing (seen during TLJ with a droid ironing a pilot uniform lol)

Figured out how to easily fix far-sightedness (some characters still wear glasses)

Figured out how to grow limbs from stem-cells

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
SW universe hasn't:

Figured out how to make iron-proof clothing (seen during TLJ with a droid ironing a pilot uniform lol)

Figured out how to easily fix far-sightedness (some characters still wear glasses)

Figured out how to grow limbs from stem-cells

Yeah TLJ just screwed some stuff over...

That said for the last 2, at least in Legends, they were clearly capable of doing so.

If they can grow an entire clone, they can regrow a limb.

There's also various eye replacements to increase/improve one's vision. Why a character wouldn't though, well maybe they just don't wanna go through the hassle and find glasses easier. It's not like this isn't anything new in our world, some people just find it easier to wear glasses than get surgery.

However, the cost to a cloned arm vs a prosthetic more than likely would be too much compared to just getting a prosthetic replacement. Cloning is expensive after all.

Or it's just against the rule of cool take your pick, so writers would rather have their character have an awesome robot limb, than a regular fleshy human/alien one.

One Big Mob
Over 30000 years ago they used to have teleporters to different planets until they were destroyed to spite the Rakata.

The tech hasn't really advanced from the Rakata rule, but it has advanced from say 5000 years ago. Nothing too major from 4000 ago though. You'd think they's set up some real cool shit, but it's just gotten slightly better.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah TLJ just screwed some stuff over...

That said for the last 2, at least in Legends, they were clearly capable of doing so.

If they can grow an entire clone, they can regrow a limb.

There's also various eye replacements to increase/improve one's vision. Why a character wouldn't though, well maybe they just don't wanna go through the hassle and find glasses easier. It's not like this isn't anything new in our world, some people just find it easier to wear glasses than get surgery.

However, the cost to a cloned arm vs a prosthetic more than likely would be too much compared to just getting a prosthetic replacement. Cloning is expensive after all.

Or it's just against the rule of cool take your pick, so writers would rather have their character have an awesome robot limb, than a regular fleshy human/alien one.

Correction, Canon has shown this too with Cloning(duh Clone Troopers), so still they can regrow limbs, but it's the cost which is probably higher than a replacement limb.

I just got more material for Legends. /Shrug

There's also replacements for heart, lungs, hips, ears too.

So just put it under the rule of cool, instead of them not being able to, because they clearly can if they can clone an entire human body.

Among bio-engineering and all other sorts of medical stuff.

Freedon Nadd
That it's not okay to be gay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.