Dass Jennir vs Kanan Jarrus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathslash
Dass vs current Kanan

1.force
2.sabers
3.all out

Total Warrior
Kanan in all

Zenwolf
1. Wanna say Kanan, but Dass is pretty good here too(though not as big in offense)and even more so with scaling. But I can say Kanan without.

2. Dass

3. Dass

Rockydonovang
Feats for Kanan on par with pushing thugs and one-shotting non sensitive fodder?

DarthDuelist9
Moving 50m asteriods around season 1. Honestly this isn't really a good matchup, Kanan takes him with mid-difficulty.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Moving 50m asteriods around season 1. Honestly this isn't really a good matchup, Kanan takes him with mid-difficulty.

Was with help and the matchup is fine, if you wanna go with that alright but martial wise I find it more in Dass' favor.

Rockydonovang
Sure Zen, Beating a very skilled thug is better with stalemating and even beating on a likely nexus inquisitors. folks specifically trained to kill Jedi strong enough to survive order 66.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Sure Zen, Beating a very skilled thug is better with stalemating and even beating on a likely nexus inquisitors. folks specifically trained to kill Jedi strong enough to survive order 66.

It's more than that. But anyway gotta get some sleep now.

Rockydonovang
as do I

deathslash
Sure Zen, Beating a very skilled thug is better with stalemating and even beating on a likely nexus inquisitors. folks specifically trained to kill Jedi strong enough to survive order 66. other than the first Inquisitor, none of them seemed to be particularly impressive. Dass also managed to beat a Jedi Master that was skilled enough to fight him and another Jedi Master.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Was with help and the matchup is fine, if you wanna go with that alright but martial wise I find it more in Dass' favor.

Ezra was in the very early stages of his training so his influence was extremely limited and Kanan has grown massively since then. Martial wise Kanan was outdueling Inquisitors while for example tje Fifth Brother lasted over 1min30 against Ahsokan on a Dark Side nexus, certainly more impressive than defeating a Jedi Master or beating up a thug.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by deathslash
other than the first Inquisitor, none of them seemed to be particularly impressive. Dass also managed to beat a Jedi Master that was skilled enough to fight him and another Jedi Master.
When did dass beat a jedi master? And what has said jedi master done that makes this worth noting?

Zenwolf
When did dass beat a jedi master? And what has said jedi master done that makes this worth noting?

In the Dark Times series, Master Sahdett who held a reputation in his blade skill and he waded through 2 squads of Clones with ease, one of which right as Order 66 was given and then another later on. He then proceeded to duel both Masters Jennir and Hudorra, all the while killing other guards.

Jedi Masters(which all 3 were) being the top of the Jedi Order, which if scaling goes then that is pretty impressive considering what Jedi Knights and even Jedi Padawans are capable of in Legends.

So martial wise, don't really see anything Kanan has and Dass has also shown more than just blade skill too. He's shown some great H2H combat also he could incorporate and some pretty great strength.

deathslash
In the Dark Times series, Master Sahdett who held a reputation in his blade skill and he waded through 2 squads of Clones with ease, one of which right as Order 66 was given and then another later on. He then proceeded to duel both Masters Jennir and Hudorra, all the while killing other guards.

Jedi Masters(which all 3 were) being the top of the Jedi Order, which if scaling goes then that is pretty impressive considering what Jedi Knights and even Jedi Padawans are capable of in Legends.

So martial wise, don't really see anything Kanan has and Dass has also shown more than just blade skill too. He's shown some great H2H combat also he could incorporate and some pretty great strength. thumb up even when Sahdett was weakened, he killed another Jedi Master to save his own life and in the fight with Jennir and Hudorra, he killed multiple guards armed for close combat, a blood carver, injured a torgorian that was trying to help, and was only brought down by a combination of Bomo Greenbark blinding him and releasing a full barrage of blaster fire (which was largely ineffective), Jennir cutting off his escape route and pushing the advantage, and Hudorra taking him down with the force.

Rockydonovang
laughing Jennir being outclassed by Sadhett doesn't make him Jennir impressive

Zenwolf
laughing Jennir being outclassed by Sadhett doesn't make him Jennir impressive

K and Kanan was outclassed by the GI and even later he couldn't even beat the other 2 Inquisitors which they don't have much themselves other than fighting Kanan/Ezra, so...what's your point?

DarthDuelist9
Lol season 1 Kanan isn't remotely close to his season 2 or 3 incarnation. Kanan was outdueling Inquisitors on a Dark Side nexus and has shown his superiority to the Fifth Brother in Shroud of Darkness, while the latter is capable of defending for a long duration of time against Rebels Ahsoka on Malachor (and she shits on those Jedi). Besides Kanan is solidly more powerful which could on its own present him an big advantage.

Zenwolf
Lol season 1 Kanan isn't remotely close to his season 2 or 3 incarnation. Kanan was outdueling Inquisitors on a Dark Side nexus and has shown his superiority to the Fifth Brother in Shroud of Darkness, while the latter is capable of defending for a long duration of time against Rebels Ahsoka on Malachor (and she shits on those Jedi). Besides Kanan is solidly more powerful which could on its own present him an big advantage.

Never said he was and even then, as per S2 he wasn't on the GI's level if that vision quest thing was anything to go by.

I'm not seeing where Kanan was outdueling any of the Inquisitors on Malachor.

He didn't really outduel anyone in Shroud of Darkness either.

deathslash
laughing Jennir being outclassed by Sadhett doesn't make him Jennir impressive Sahdett had already killed one Jedi Master in a duel and easily beat on Hudorra. The very same Hudorra that managed to briefly hold his own against Darth Vader. Meanwhile, Jennir actually managed to make for a tough fight against Sahdett. He also beat the crap out of an assassin that managed to briefly force Darth Vader back and casually deflected a shot from a sniper back at his attacker without looking. I think you're forgetting that Dass was also an excellent marksman (which will factor into the third fight).

DarthDuelist9
Never said he was and even then, as per S2 he wasn't on the GI's level if that vision quest thing was anything to go by.

I'm not seeing where Kanan was outdueling any of the Inquisitors on Malachor.

He didn't really outduel anyone in Shroud of Darkness either.

The vision was caused by Yoda so it isn't really a good representation of the GI's fighting skill.

The Eight Brother was defeated by Kanan when he destroyed his lightsaber, the former chose to run but his saber malfunctioned shortly after.

He was gaining the edge over the Fifth Brother as far as to completely throw him back with one blow before switching with Ezra to fight the Seventh Sister.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan.

Zenwolf
The vision was caused by Yoda so it isn't really a good representation of the GI's fighting skill.

The Eight Brother was defeated by Kanan when he destroyed his lightsaber, the former chose to run but his saber malfunctioned shortly after.

He was gaining the edge over the Fifth Brother as far as to completely throw him back with one blow before switching with Ezra to fight the Seventh Sister.

Eh I wouldn't really count that as outdueling since it was more the weapon getting hit and put out of commission and then the Eight being outnumbered. It would be more out dueling, if he actually did out duel the Eight Bro but he didn't really seem to do so imo.

So 1 attack means he was out dueling the Fifth Brother?....I mean before that, they seemed to be dueling pretty well against one another.

More to that, exactly why can't Dass do this? You're acting as if this is something special, the Inquisitors only go off of Kanan and Ezra and sure they improved over time but even with this improvement, they weren't exactly rolling over the Inquisitors, they were just doing a little better each time.

I mean the 8th Brother was a legit nobody one-shot Inquisitor and yet he was still dueling Kanan at length up until his weapon was disabled.

So what exactly is out of realm for Dass here martial wise?

Rockydonovang
yea kanan was sending the 5th brother back while he was juggling ezra off a cliff

and his fight against the 8th brother was a pretty decisive win on a place implied to boost darksiders

this kanan never beat inqusitors bs i keep hearing is well, bs.

Zenwolf
yea kanan was sending the 5th brother back while he was juggling ezra off a cliff

and his fight against the 8th brother was a pretty decisive win on a place implied to boost darksiders

this kanan never beat inqusitors bs i keep hearing is well, bs.

Two blows fair enough. Wouldn't really call it out dueling, just strength powered blows which is nice, but then after we see them dueling before they left.

Didn't really seem like it with the 8th from what I saw. But I mean who is the 8th? He was just there and dueled pretty well regardless, even landing a kick.

Again I'm not really seeing why Dass can't do this given his own standing and showings.

Rockydonovang
Eh I wouldn't really count that as outdueling since it was more the weapon getting hit and put out of commission and then the Eight being outnumbered. It would be more out dueling, if he actually did out duel the Eight Bro but he didn't really seem to do so imo.

So 1 attack means he was out dueling the Fifth Brother?....I mean before that, they seemed to be dueling pretty well against one another.

More to that, exactly why can't Dass do this? You're acting as if this is something special, the Inquisitors only go off of Kanan and Ezra and sure they improved over time but even with this improvement, they weren't exactly rolling over the Inquisitors, they were just doing a little better each time.

I mean the 8th Brother was a legit nobody one-shot Inquisitor and yet he was still dueling Kanan at length up until his weapon was disabled.

So what exactly is out of realm for Dass here martial wise?
And who landed that hit?
Disabling someone's weapon's a pretty solid indication you're better tbh.

Zenwolf
And who landed that hit?
Disabling someone's weapon's a pretty solid indication you're better tbh.

Kenobi cut Maul's saber in half as a Palawan, he wasn't better than him. Even if that the two still had a fight, so the better would just be slightly if you really wanna go there.

Rockydonovang
1. Literally the only opponent potentially worth anything who Daas faced outclassed him despite a strike team of folks being assembled to take them down.

And said opponent has nothing suggesting he's>inqusitors.

Rockydonovang
Kenobi cut Maul's saber in half as a Palawan, he wasn't better than him. Even if that the two still had a fight, so the better would just be slightly if you really wanna go there.

TPM Maul did stuff in that fight that shows Kenobi cutting his saber in half was the exception not the rule and proceeded to beat him.

Eighth brother simply got driven back and then had his saber disabled.

Bunk comparison

And yes landing physical hits requires bypassing someone's saber guard which indicates martial superiority. Said indication can be rendered moot if your opponent is also landing hits. And when you're landing hits while you have one arm off a cliff tossing a boy between parries, you're prolly better.

But that's not what happened, 5th brother failed to land anything in return despite favorable circumstances

Zenwolf
1. Literally the only opponent potentially worth anything who Daas faced outclassed him despite a strike team of folks being assembled to take them down.

And said opponent has nothing suggesting he's>inqusitors.

An opponent who was noted with a reputation with a blade, an opponent who was a full fledged Jedi Master, those being at the top of their craft within the Order, outclassing Jedi Knights and Padawans who are also impressive in Legends.

Also how has he done nothing to suggest he is? He fought two Jedi Masters at a time said Masters would be far more knowledgeable than the Canon Inquisitors and more skilled, while also fighting against others who were also trying to get him, he survived Order 66 taking down his Clones when other Jedi who were taken by surprise couldn't, he then also took down another squad later.

Zenwolf
TPM Maul did stuff in that fight that shows Kenobi cutting his saber in half was the exception not the rule and proceeded to beat him.

Eighth brother simply got driven back and then had his saber disabled.

Bunk comparison

And yes landing physical hits requires bypassing someone's saber guard which indicates martial superiority. Said indication can be rendered moot if your opponent is also landing hits. And when you're landing hits while you have one arm off a cliff tossing a boy between parries, you're prolly better.

But that's not what happened, 5th brother failed to land anything in return despite favorable circumstances

Ok and Dass can't do this because...why? Cause he certainly has shown great physical prowess, even incorporating the Force into his attacks and that spinny saber shit is the dumbest thing ever.

In fact as I recall reading, the Inquisitors used them to make up for their lack of skill. This might not apply for the GI, but the others certainly.

Rockydonovang
An opponent who was noted with a reputation with a blade, an opponent who was a full fledged Jedi Master, those being at the top of their craft within the Order, outclassing Jedi Knights and Padawans who are also impressive in Legends.

Also how has he done nothing to suggest he is? He fought two Jedi Masters at a time said Masters would be far more knowledgeable than the Canon Inquisitors and more skilled, while also fighting against others who were also trying to get him, he survived Order 66 taking down his Clones when other Jedi who were taken by surprise couldn't, he then also took down another squad later.
Yea your assertion that simply being a jedi master places you above dudes who can lift and pull freighters in the vaccum of space and close blast doors, who have avoided being instastomped by Ahsoka, someone who gets multiple levels of direct scaling over one of the most skilled sith lords in history is laughable.

Being a master in of itself is utterly meaningless. If anything, being an inquisitor, who's specially trained to hunt down force sensitives survivors of order 66 is prolly more impressive anyhow

Zenwolf
Yea your assertion that simply being a jedi master places you above dudes who can lift and pull freighters in the vaccum of space and close blast doors, who have avoided being instastomped by Ahsoka, someone who gets multiple levels of direct scaling over one of the most skilled sith lords in history is laughable.

Being a master in of itself is utterly meaningless. If anything, being an inquisitor, who's specially trained to hunt down force sensitives survivors of order 66 is prolly more impressive anyhow

Except I didn't say that. I was responding to your thing about Dass' opponent being meaningless, when he wasn't.

How is it meaningless exactly? What does a Canon Inquisitor have compared to a Legends Jedi Master in terms of accolades and scaling without resorting to actual fights?

What...they hunt down Jedi and Force sensitive babies? They were trained in the ways of the Dark Side?

Because that's all they really have as far as personal goes.

But it appears neither of us is gonna budge on this, so I'm willing to agree to disagree about this whole thing.

Rockydonovang
Except I didn't say that. I was responding to your thing about Dass' opponent being meaningless, when he wasn't.

How is it meaningless exactly? What does a Canon Inquisitor have compared to a Legends Jedi Master in terms of accolades and scaling without resorting to actual fights?

What...they hunt down Jedi and Force sensitive babies? They were trained in the ways of the Dark Side?

Because that's all they really have as far as personal goes.
Jedi master accolades don't relate to or have anything to do with inquisitors and therefore are moot.

On the other hand inqusitors have vastly better feats and demonstrated power than your run of the mill jedi master

Zenwolf
Jedi master accolades don't relate to or have anything to do with inquisitors and therefore are moot.

On the other hand inqusitors have vastly better feats and demonstrated power than your run of the mill jedi master

Believe what you will, lets just agree to disagree yeah? Cause we clearly aren't gonna convince one another here and going round and round like a merry go round is gonna get boring fast.

Rockydonovang
works for me

DarthDuelist9
Agree to disagree...so pointless

Dispray
Kanan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.