Kingdom Hearts series is garbage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Take the Disney/Square characters and the weeobo keyblade crap out of it, and it's objectively a crap game series.

Jmanghan
Obvious troll is obvious.

Arachnid1
You're garbage

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You're garbage thumb up

Delta1938
So, why is it garbage? I've never played any games in the series. Due to reviews, particularly the second one, I'm moderately anticipating the third since the combat was supposed to be pretty good in the second.

cdtm
Originally posted by Delta1938
So, why is it garbage? I've never played any games in the series. Due to reviews, particularly the second one, I'm moderately anticipating the third since the combat was supposed to be pretty good in the second.

Mostly gameplay. It's a poor man's Zelda hybrid, just very clunky to play. Random encounters are awful too, very repetitive and lacking variety. If anyone calls the second "good", it's only by comparison of the first which was downright awful. But the second is in no way GOOD.. It's obviously no action hack and slash ninja gaiden/bayonetta/dmc awesomeness (Not that anyone expects that in this type of game), but it's also nowhere comparable to a Zelda OOT/Windwaker experience, either.

About the closest I ever got in KH1 and KH2 to having "fun" was some of the optional bosses, but half the time you're fighting the camera and controls as much as the enemy.

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
Mostly gameplay. It's a poor man's Zelda hybrid, just very clunky to play. Random encounters are awful too, very repetitive and lacking variety. If anyone calls the second "good", it's only by comparison of the first which was downright awful. But the second is in no way GOOD.. It's obviously no action hack and slash ninja gaiden/bayonetta/dmc awesomeness (Not that anyone expects that in this type of game), but it's also nowhere comparable to a Zelda OOT/Windwaker experience, either.

About the closest I ever got in KH1 and KH2 to having "fun" was some of the optional bosses, but half the time you're fighting the camera and controls as much as the enemy.

I read the combat, at least for 2, compared to GOD OF WAR. Never heard the game compared to ZELDA before. If they have a demo I'll give it a try. And if you hated the first so much, why did you play the second?

Kazenji
Maybe he was hoping the second game was to improve on first game?

NemeBro
Mostly gameplay. It's a poor man's Zelda hybrid The combat was much better than any Zelda released at the time, consider suicide. thumb up

Zack Fair
kh sucks.

lol comparing this shit to Zelda.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
The combat was much better than any Zelda released at the time, consider suicide. thumb up

Nah, i'll just stick with good games.. stick out tongue

And tbth, Zelda's gameplay isn't anything to write home abour either, but at least you can usually do what you mean to do when you want to do it.

Jmanghan
Nah, i'll just stick with good games.. stick out tongue

And tbth, Zelda's gameplay isn't anything to write home abour either, but at least you can usually do what you mean to do when you want to do it. What the **** are you on about?

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What the **** are you on about?

What I said I'm on about. stick out tongue

You can, say, platform jump just fine in a Zelda game, instead of missing horribly like in KH1's Wonderland area..

You can time counters in Windwaker, instead of getting hit constantly by Sephiroth and so relying on cheap tactics because the jump mechanics are terrible..

NemeBro
I'm bad at the game git gud

Kazenji
So he's terrible at a game, So therefore the game is shit

great logic.

NemeBro
This should be cdtm right now:

https://previews.123rf.com/images/elnur/elnur1110/elnur111000277/10819091-Businessman-with-thoughts-of-suicide-Stock-Photo-noose-depression-man.jpg

cdtm
Take away with Disney and Square nonsense, and they're objectively mediocre.

Keep the characters in, and they just suck like 4chan weeaboo's. stick out tongue

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by NemeBro
This should be cdtm right now:

https://previews.123rf.com/images/elnur/elnur1110/elnur111000277/10819091-Businessman-with-thoughts-of-suicide-Stock-Photo-noose-depression-man.jpg But that guy isn't a neckbeard

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Delta1938

Well if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts I and II...and Chain of Memories, Coded, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance...and maybe X...then you'll probably be completely lost in Kingdom Hearts III.

Sacred Fire
Take away the* Disney and Square nonsense,

Then you're left with literally nothing.

Basis for "objectivity"? This happens too often for me not to ask.

Seriously, though, this is about as basic and meaningless a statement as could be said on the subject (as in something I would expect of said 4chan users). Surely, you can do better. mmm

Khazra Reborn
I'm not super into KH either, but if your just playing it now it's obviously not going to be very impressive, it's old as shit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I'm not super into KH either, but if your just playing it now it's obviously not going to be very impressive, it's old as shit. It has a better combat system then FFXV, especially in II.

cdtm
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Well if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts I and II...and Chain of Memories, Coded, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance...and maybe X...then you'll probably be completely lost in Kingdom Hearts III.

There's always wiki's.

And to be fair, the story is pretty convoluted. Just like you can play Metal Gear games out of order and enjoy then fine, you could start wherever and just enjoy the disney/square mash up's, and piece together the story later..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.