Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Jmanghan
Really?... NO Threads for this yet?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an upcoming role-playing video game in development by Warhorse Studios and to be co-published by Deep Silver. It is set in the medieval Kingdom of Bohemia, an Imperial State of the Holy Roman Empire, with a focus on historically accurate and realistic content. The game is scheduled for release in February 2018 for Microsoft Windows. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have been confirmed as well.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be a single-player experience with branching quest lines and a highly interactive world encouraging emergent gameplay. Kingdom Come will feature period-accurate armor and clothing, combat techniques, and real-world castles recreated with the assistance of architects and historians. The game will also contain period music recorded by Czech masters, taken note for note from medieval song books.

Trailer:

ZOkd-Lmmcb4

SVqWnFUN3Ks

Gameplay:

zX9iMAzGUbY

tafARqQtCek

LB4nc1oxQHk

EGPFOrc-x48

-VE4v4v3o7w

First Impressions/Beta Reviews:

W6Bp9fkplNo

6wb9gu5Sft0

Jmanghan
If anyone wants to try/get this game as is, you can do so here: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/get-the-game

Jmanghan
But anyway, everyone should be interested in this game, because its going to better then Skyrim from what I've seen, it looks amazing.

Smasandian
I was very interested in this game a couple of years ago. I thought it's neat to have a realistic take on a medieval setting.

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I was very interested in this game a couple of years ago. I thought it's neat to have a realistic take on a medieval setting.

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh. Thats not how armor works, to give it in, you'd need to use half-swording, and even then it wouldn't work all that well in terms of caving it in.

The stuff you see in movies is mostly garbage, it is literally impossible to cave in something like a breastplate unless you're using something blunt, like a VERY big and heavy warhammer.

You go for the joints or tire your opponent out.

Also, the combat looks funner to me then something like Chivalry or Dark Souls.

Your average longsword would have no effect at all on breastplate, even if you're using the biggest sword ever used in combat.

The reason Bushido Blade used 1 or 2 hits was because everyone was wearing robe, and not steel plate or iron plate.

You have to know how realistic combat would work to get the most out of the game, people content with a quick battle won't have fun using this combat.

Smasandian
Please don't pretend you know anything regarding medieval combat.

I'm not talking on hitting a breastplate, I'm talking about hitting the guy directly in the face. As well, other enemy encounters had the player hitting non-armoured players in exposed areas with a sword and nothing was happening.

The combat should be visceral and not "bullet" spongy. Yes, if you are fighting a character in full metal armour then it should take a few hits at exposed areas like the joints. However, when you are fighting somebody without any armour and you jab him in the face, it should 1 hit the guy. You should be able cleave somebodies arm off, or leg if you want the game to be realistic.

But it doesn't. The game does not look fun at all.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Please don't pretend you know anything regarding medieval combat.

I'm not talking on hitting a breastplate, I'm talking about hitting the guy directly in the face. As well, other enemy encounters had the player hitting non-armoured players in exposed areas with a sword and nothing was happening.

The combat should be visceral and not "bullet" spongy. Yes, if you are fighting a character in full metal armour then it should take a few hits at exposed areas like the joints. However, when you are fighting somebody without any armour and you jab him in the face, it should 1 hit the guy. You should be able cleave somebodies arm off, or leg if you want the game to be realistic.

But it doesn't. The game does not look fun at all. I don't practice HEMA, but I for sure know a thing or two about realism in games when it comes to swordplay.

You're right, the lack of being able to slash someone across the face is kinda weird.

But, we have to remember the game is almost a full year from release, 8 months away, they may change or add certain things.

Smasandian
I don't know, 8 months is not that far away.

I believe this game will be pushed back again because it's still rough.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't know, 8 months is not that far away.

I believe this game will be pushed back again because it's still rough.

I do like the combat system a LOT as is atm, though the sound design should change, and I think the combat system could be spiffed up JUST a bit.

Also they would do well to add a third-person view.

There should also be jousting, as there's already horseback-riding.

Also, fighting or jousting in tournaments for Knights would be awesome.

Idk, big things can be changed in 8 months, I'll take it at any time as long I can get it.

I just prefer a long drawn-out fight personally, and what they were going for as well, and you can kill your opponent fairly quickly if their armor isn't the best or if they aren't wearing that much armor to begin with.

Jmanghan
Check it out guys, the game is out now!

What do ya think.

Kazenji
I only found out about the game last week After alot of people in PS FB group that i'm in were going nuts about it, So much for them promoting the game.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
I only found out about the game last week After alot of people in PS FB group that i'm in were going nuts about it, So much for them promoting the game. The combat looks cool.

cdtm
Originally posted by Smasandian
I was very interested in this game a couple of years ago. I thought it's neat to have a realistic take on a medieval setting.

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh.

We need a Bushido Blade rpg.

emporerpants
I'm excited for this. I feel it isn't going to do well sales wise though, as they haven't really done any marketing at all.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
We need a Bushido Blade rpg. We have several.

All of the Way of the Samurai games.

Jmanghan
Also, the story was very engaging and interesting to me, at least so far.

The map sucks, and they could do with a far better swordplay tutorial.

Combat seems to be slightly easier if you're fighting anything but a Knight in full plate.

BackFire
Game seems interesting. Seems to be a bit buggy/janky right now. I may pick this up in several months after some patches and once the price is lower. Awesome premise, though, hope it does well.

Kazenji
Heard the game has a 20gb day 1 patch, Oh well i guess that's the nature of the beast these days.

Smasandian
It's worst, there is a new patch that's 16 GB's big. Devs chalk it up to how the game handles its archives which is a terrible excuse.....

I'll wait until they fix all the issues with bugs and replace the terrible save system. There is an auto-save for major moments in quests but the rest of the saves require you to pay for a drink that you consume in order to save progress.

It's a terrible system and it's worst due to the game breaking bugs.

Jmanghan
This clip catches my attention: 3g3JZgk1Q24

Jmanghan
So, I have the game, haven't touched it since I bought it.

Is it any good now that it's been out, what issues have been addressed?

Am I just better off getting it on PC and then modding it to fix most of the issues, or is it fine on my PS4?

Jmanghan
9eKAEQxeIHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.