Mordhau

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Mordhau is an upcoming multiplayer medieval fighting game with a strong emphasis on skill-based competitive play and customization. It features a deep and fluid combat system that allows those that master it to turn into an unstoppable force on the battlefield.

The indie game was partially financed with a successful Kickstarter campaign.

It is being developed by Triternion, and will use the Unreal Engine 4.

It will feature 64-player combat and will release in March 2018 for PC.

Trailer:

THKTfTFVfOY

Gameplay:

PNYXAKqOtjo

Dev Vlogs:

0EVwamZgzeM

p-B4AwgArwA

wC0F_I5zyOg

Trailer Reactions:

xlLbcubmfhk

JEL6T9Yy3Uk

-PNCJmVTHXs

It's basically a WAY better and more realistic Chivalry.

Jmanghan
bump, anyone tried the alpha for this game?

cdtm
I dunno. Sounds like they're setting themselves up to fail, with the emphesis on catering to skilled players. That usually translates to a core community of super players driving away anyone unwilling, or unable, to put in the time to pass the learning curve.

That's an automatic pass for players just looking for a good time, and don't want a second job.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
I dunno. Sounds like they're setting themselves up to fail, with the emphesis on catering to skilled players. That usually translates to a core community of super players driving away anyone unwilling, or unable, to put in the time to pass the learning curve.

That's an automatic pass for players just looking for a good time, and don't want a second job. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare was a massive success and became one of the most popular multiplayer games on the market. Now people are looking at Mordhau and clamoring for the game to come out so they can ditch Chiv.

cdtm
Chiv has a stagnant player base, though.

If Mordhou want to siphon them over, then it's a smart move. In general though, games with a heavy skill gap generally have very narrow appeal. Just look at fighting games or certain competitive fps's... Every single one has a "newbie" phase, create a bunch of pro's, and the 99% that spend all day getting pwned move on to the next thing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Chiv has a stagnant player base, though.

If Mordhou want to siphon them over, then it's a smart move. In general though, games with a heavy skill gap generally have very narrow appeal. Just look at fighting games or certain competitive fps's... Every single one has a "newbie" phase, create a bunch of pro's, and the 99% that spend all day getting pwned move on to the next thing. For Honor has tons of players.

Jmanghan
Add to your wishlist now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

smile Really excited to be getting this game, they gave it plenty of time to cook in the oven.

Over 1 year of cooking in the oven, to be exact, lol.

This game is gonna be really fun to play.

Getting released in Q2 of 2019.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Add to your wishlist now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

Ummmmm that was for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ummmmm that was for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Sorry, should've refreshed.

Right link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/629760

Jmanghan
Mordhau is getting released on steam on the 29th!

WOOO!

nFpoDlH6Sxs

Jmanghan
Friend bought it and said there's server issues.

$30 is a great price as well.

sAzG-Kfi2pM

Jmanghan
Anyone played this? Despite the hype I played it once because it was laggy.

Tzeentch
I put about 10 hours or so into it, it was okay. It definitely felt like a more polished chivalry, but I couldn't really get into it. The character creation is nice but the maps are very bland and the skill ceiling in the game is so high that I was getting slaughtered constantly by people who had put like thousands of hours into the game. I'm not willing to invest that much time into getting gud these days so I got bored and moved on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.