Yondu vs Deadshot...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Yondu takes on Deadshot in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Yondu has his high powered arrow and Deadshot has a fully loaded M16 Assault rifle...

The fight conditions are as follows: 100 yard starting distance, featureless environment, no Prep for either side...

Yondu's arrow starts on the ground right next to him, while Deadshot is holding his assault rifle, but its pointed down at the ground...

Who wins?

carthage
That arrow was ridiculously fast IMO it kills Floyd before he can fire a shot

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carthage
That arrow was ridiculously fast IMO it kills Floyd before he can fire a shot

Doesn't Yondu have to whistle for a few secs before the arrow gets into striking position?

Deadshot can draw and fire faster than Yondu whistles...

KingD19
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Doesn't Yondu have to whistle for a few secs before the arrow gets into striking position?

Deadshot can draw and fire faster than Yondu whistles...

Yondu just likes to intimidate people. He can launch it instantly.

Adam Grimes
Yondu wins. Headshot.

Henry_Pym
Lol, Deadshot kills him instantly and he can probably shoot the arrow out of the air.

Silent Master
You think a bullet is going to damage or even slow the arrow down?

KingD19
It's far faster to whistle and the arrow is already flying than it is to reach down, pull your gun, aim, and fire.

ANd if he tried to shoot the arrow, it'd get him killed as his one chance just got sliced in half.

Henry_Pym
How does Yondu kill him if he shoots the arrow?

KingD19
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

The arrow was durable enough to fly through starships and explosions. The only thing that broke it was a God. A bullet won't do anything.But the arrow also defies physics, so hitting it won't be easy even for Floyd.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by KingD19
The arrow was durable enough to fly through starships and explosions. The only thing that broke it was a God. A bullet won't do anything.But the arrow also defies physics, so hitting it won't be easy even for Floyd. Deadshot fired at full auto and somehow mitigated recoil and physics. Bad physics really aren't feats.

You can punch a nail through armor but you can also blunt it if you strike the head with a hammer. There is a solid argument that it is using heat to puncture not durability.

KingD19
So basically you're saying a regular bullet >>> magical space arrow?

Okay, answer me this. If a bullet is more durable, why does a bullet get destroyed on impact? None of Deadshot's arsenal would even dent a Kree warship, or Yondu's ship. His highest caliber weapon was an assault rifle.

Yondu's arrow on the other hand pierced through everything he shot it at without a loss of speed or power. So why wouldn't the bullet get destroyed like everything else?

Silent Master

Seeing as the arrow wouldn't even be slowed down, I don't see what good shooting it will do. could you explain?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seeing as the arrow wouldn't even be slowed down, I don't see what good shooting it will do. could you explain? once broken it didn't seem to work for the rest of the battle. Originally posted by KingD19
So basically you're saying a regular bullet >>> magical space arrow?

Okay, answer me this. If a bullet is more durable, why does a bullet get destroyed on impact? None of Deadshot's arsenal would even dent a Kree warship, or Yondu's ship. His highest caliber weapon was an assault rifle.

Yondu's arrow on the other hand pierced through everything he shot it at without a loss of speed or power. So why wouldn't the bullet get destroyed like everything else? again you are assuming it's shaft has the same durability as the tip, and by the lighting used it seems to be heat based. It's like asking for the durability showings for a plasma torch. You could cut through most tank armor with it but it has no real durability feats.

KingD19
The lighting? Because it glows red? No that's not how it works. The arrow flies because it tunes into a sonic frequency Yondu's people create by whistling which lets them control the arrow. The red glow is the visiual cue that the arrow is active.

This "plasma torch" has far more durability than a simple bullet though, as it punched through multiple materials without being damaged or slowed at all. And was only broken by a being wielding god-like power.

So when Deadshot gets a gun that can shoot one of those, let me know.

Until then, Yondu whistles and puts his arrow through Deadshot while he's reaching for his gun.

And since we want to add so many potentials and maybes. Yondu would probably survive at least a couple of bullets with no problem. He survived multiple explosions point blank and was never actually injured in the movies. Only his fin got damaged until Ego killed him.

Silent Master
once broken it didn't seem to work for the rest of the battle.

So you're claiming a bullet is enough to break it, in that case.

Provide proof.

Henry_Pym
The lighting? Because it glows red? No that's not how it works. The arrow flies because it tunes into a sonic frequency Yondu's people create by whistling which lets them control the arrow. The red glow is the visiual cue that the arrow is active.

This "plasma torch" has far more durability than a simple bullet though, as it punched through multiple materials without being damaged or slowed at all. And was only broken by a being wielding god-like power.

So when Deadshot gets a gun that can shoot one of those, let me know.

Until then, Yondu whistles and puts his arrow through Deadshot while he's reaching for his gun.

And since we want to add so many potentials and maybes. Yondu would probably survive at least a couple of bullets with no problem. He survived multiple explosions point blank and was never actually injured in the movies. Only his fin got damaged until Ego killed him. are you emotionally involved with this? Please find a fainting couch before you strike your head. Originally posted by Silent Master
So you're claiming a bullet is enough to break it, in that case.

Provide proof. that is a no limits fallacy, Deadshot shot through steel targets and the arrow was crushed when it was struck on the shaft.

tkitna
Yondu wins. This Guardians 2 feat was just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONxmOTLV7U&t=55s

Silent Master
that is a no limits fallacy, Deadshot shot through steel targets and the arrow was crushed when it was struck on the shaft.

If you want to claim that the steel Deadshot shot through was equal or greater than Starship armor and bulkheads, you have to provide proof. You also have to prove his bullets can match the force that was used to break the arrow.

KingD19
He also has to prove Deadshot can even hit something as small, fast, and maneuverable as that arrow.

Silent Master
He also has to prove Deadshot can even hit something as small, fast, and maneuverable as that arrow.

I don't think he understands what a No Limits fallacy is, which is funny considering he employs multiple ones in his post.

BruceSkywalker
Yondu whistles.. Floyd dies.. the end

Henry_Pym
I don't think he understands what a No Limits fallacy is, which is funny considering he employs multiple ones in his post. You mean like assuming armor is somehow incredibly strong despite no real feats and still not addressing he fact it cuts with heat not hardness or Sonic's or whatever bullshit he was talking about. It literally leaves burning holes in the things it goes through...

F*cking children

Silent Master
Prove bullets can damage it.

Henry_Pym
Prove bullets can damage it. Prove it is bulletproof or we have to assume everyone and everything is bulletproof until shot... How do you not see this major logic gap?

I'm perfectly fine with a "I think Yondu is faster argument" I disagree but whatever.

Silent Master
You're claiming that a bullet can damage it, that means the burden is on you.w

Henry_Pym
So everyone is bulletproof until shot, good to know.

Silent Master
IOW, you can't back up your claim.

BruceSkywalker
So everyone is bulletproof until shot, good to know.

the way it works here and i will assume the same with CB v is that when someone makes a claim then that person MUST said claim.. when a person dodges and hemhaws around then that perosn looks really foolish and idiotic... you made the claim so you have to prove.. so stop dodging and please prove

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the way it works here and i will assume the same with CB v is that when someone makes a claim then that person MUST said claim.. when a person dodges and hemhaws around then that perosn looks really foolish and idiotic... you made the claim so you have to prove.. so stop dodging and please prove I get it, but you are setting a retarded precedent.

It's like Elmo vs Punisher

Punisher shoots him

Prove being shot hurts Elmo

Guess we are quagmired....

BruceSkywalker
I get it, but you are setting a retarded precedent.

It's like Elmo vs Punisher

Punisher shoots him

Prove being shot hurts Elmo

Guess we are quagmired....

lol

KingD19
There's not a quagmire. Yondu's arrow has feats of piercing through things that would turn a bullet into bits.

The only thing that damaged it was a God.

You said a bullet can break it. You have to prove that. You also have to prove Deadshot can hit a target the size of an arrow that can zip around at Yondu's commands like that.

Henry_Pym
It cuts with heat, for like the fifth time in two pages...

Nevan
It cuts with heat, for like the fifth time in two pages... It clearly doesn't just cut with heat, we clearly see it shatter boulders in the Ego fight, don't be dishonest.

Adam Grimes
He hasn't seen it

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Nevan
It clearly doesn't just cut with heat, we clearly see it shatter boulders in the Ego fight, don't be dishonest. it leaves burning holes in everything but that is probably not important/s

I mean it's not like it literally caught fire to create the explosion... Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He hasn't seen it lol, leave the butthurt in the political threads don't stalk me around because you're triggered.

Adam Grimes
Tf are you talking about? Lol

Why don't you try and actually respond to his point? Have you watched the movie?

Henry_Pym
laughing out loud don't be dishonest

Adam Grimes
Ok. If I'm being honest your attemps at baiting me in the GDF are very poor and weird. Lol

And it's curious that you accuse me of 'stalking' you when I posted first in this thread, with you posting an opposing view right after about a movie(s) you haven't seen. Sorry if I didn't realize you were looking for attention. thumb down

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ok. If I'm being honest your attemps at baiting me in the GDF are very poor and weird. Lol

And it's curious that you accuse me of 'stalking' you when I posted first in this thread, with you posting an opposing view right after about a movie(s) you haven't seen. Sorry if I didn't realize you were looking for attention. thumb down it's ok let it out I get it, and your "you haven't seen it" ploy fails when you don't even know that the arrow caught fire to create the explosion on the ship...

Darth Thor
Yondu stomps.

This isn't even a contest.

Adam Grimes
it's ok let it out I get it, and your "you haven't seen it" ploy fails when you don't even know that the arrow caught fire to create the explosion on the ship... How does that prove that it can be shot down?

playa1258
Deadshot via quickdraw.

KingD19
Originally posted by playa1258
Deadshot via quickdraw.

Because it's quicker to reach down, raise your gun, aim and fire, than it is to whistle?

Khazra Reborn
Yondu would be able to fire first, and Deadshot has no impressive feats outside of being an accurate shot, definitely nothing that would lead me to believe he can dodge Yondu's arrow.

playa1258
Because it's quicker to reach down, raise your gun, aim and fire, than it is to whistle? Because **** the Marvel wank.

playa1258
Anyway Yondu does win just trying to stir the pot.

John Murdoch
Yondu with whistling to his arrow with a pop song playing in the background sequence drowns out Deadshot's rifle firing with a pop song playing in the background sequence.

Thus, Yondu takes this one.

Khazra Reborn
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.