Depowered Thor vs. Depowered Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
This is Diana just before she discovered her powers. Right at that fight scene where she was sparring with her aunt, before she discovered her bracelet shockwave thing (which still doesn't make sense to me by the way)

She takes on depowered Thor in a UFC cage match, both dressed in spandex wrestling unitards.

Standard UFC rules apply, except they're allowed to hit behind the head and kick a downed opponent. Also both not wearing gloves.

Who wins?

Sable
She was never actually depowered, She always had her powers, even before she fully discovered them. She is the daughter is Zeus.

Khazra Reborn
Assuming they're both completely de powered, you've got a skilled 230 lb male vs. a skilled 140 lb female. The male will unquestionably win every time.

Robtard
If the premise is a 225lbs fit man vs 130lbs fit woman and both have combat training and UFC rules are in place, I'm going to go with the much larger man winning 10 out of 10.

edit: Or what Khazra just said, ninja'd

h1a8
In a UFC style fight Thor wins. In a normal movie like h2h fight it might be a split

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
In a UFC style fight Thor wins. In a normal movie like h2h fight it might be a split

Could you elaborate why you'd think it'd be a split in a movie h2h fight?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
If the premise is a 225lbs fit man vs 130lbs fit woman and both have combat training and UFC rules are in place, I'm going to go with the much larger man winning 10 out of 10.

edit: Or what Khazra just said, ninja'd

I was hoping that considering how easily Diana took out her other Amazon sparring partners, as well as the agility and skill she displayed, it would make the match a bit more equal.

FrothByte
What happens if we gave both a steel pipe as a weapon and got them to fight in the street instead?

Robtard
Then Diana has the 'puncher's chance', cos a steel pipe to the head could/will drop a 225lbs pound. I'd still give the edge to Thor due to reach and strength advantages.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
What happens if we gave both a steel pipe as a weapon and got them to fight in the street instead?

How about if Diana mocks him for no longer having lustrous blonde locks?

Robtard
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
How about if Diana mocks him for no longer having lustrous blonde locks?

Hasn't happened yet. Lustrous blonde locks are still a film feat for Thor.

TheVaultDweller
Then Diana has the 'puncher's chance', cos a steel pipe to the head could/will drop a 225lbs pound. I'd still give the edge to Thor due to reach and strength advantages.

Well, even "depowered", he wasn't your average person. He got hit by a van two separate times without sustaining any visible injuries.

TheVaultDweller
Hasn't happened yet. Lustrous blonde locks are still a film feat for Thor.

Fine, I will revisit this in November. sneer

Silent Master
Let's put it this way, depowered Thor steamrolled multiple agents whereas regular WW had a small fight scene with a random general that was granted superstrength.

KingD19
Well Diana steamrolled multiple Amazons, who were slightly above humans.

Silent Master
WW >>>>>>>> Amazons in physical stats. In WW's place, normal Thor could solo the whole Island in hth

Sable
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Diana steamrolled multiple Amazons, who were slightly above humans.

Yes, Gods>Amazons>Humans, as stated in the movie.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Sable
Yes, Gods>Amazons>Humans, as stated in the movie.

Amazons are humans...

Sable
Watch the movie again. They are above humans.

A few dozen (not bullet proof) women took down an entire ship of German Soldiers with automatic weapons.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
WW >>>>>>>> Amazons in physical stats. In WW's place, normal Thor could solo the whole Island in hth

She only started to grow beyond them once she fought her aunt and sent out that shockwave. Before that everyone but Hippolyta and Antiope thought she was normal.

Silent Master
That is just when the differences started to become blindingly obvious, there is no proof that before that she only had average stats.

KingD19
She herself didnt notice the changes until after. As she didnt atart getting stronger until after. Her mother and her aunt didnt even act like she was different until she sent out the blast. She just seemed slightly better tham the others possibly due to 3x harsher training.

Silent Master
Not noticing it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Robtard
Find it hard to see how someone could possess the strength to lift tanks and go through their entire adult lives without realizing it.

Silent Master
That isn't what is being said.

Robtard
Yes, it is.

Silent Master
No it isn't.

h1a8
That is just when the differences started to become blindingly obvious, there is no proof that before that she only had average stats.
It depends on if the amazons were above human or not. Zeus created them to fight against Ares. It makes sense that they should be above human in stats.

If you believe that they had human stats then WW definitely started at human level. This is because she didn't kill them with her blows and the fact that they were able to affect her, even knock her down.

NemeBro
That is just when the differences started to become blindingly obvious, there is no proof that before that she only had average stats. What exactly are you arguing?

This is Diana before she discovered her powers, per the OP. Diana before she discovered her powers, according to you, might indeed have had superhuman power that she just didn't realize which let her perform her feats.

That being true isn't a point against Diana, since that unknowingly superhuman Diana is the Diana Thor has to fight.

Silent Master
Edit: my bad, just reread the Op, you're right.

TheVaultDweller
A few dozen (not bullet proof) women took down an entire ship of German Soldiers with automatic weapons.

What? It was not the entire ship's worth. It was like 5 landing boats, and looked to be maybe 40 - 50 soldiers in total. And the Amazons deployed similar numbers, between the ones who came off the cliff and the cavalry that came from the side. And the Germans did not have automatic weapons. They were packing rifles.

Silent Master
Watch the movie again. They are above humans.

Perhaps you should watch the movie for the first time, because they didn't face a ship full of German soldiers with automatic weapons.

TheVaultDweller
Perhaps you should watch the movie for the first time, because they didn't face a ship full of German soldiers with automatic weapons.

Seems he is making the assumption that because the ship was shown sinking, it automatically means that every single crew member managed to escape and make it to the beach (of which there is no onscreen proof). And even if we indulge that notion, we visibly see how many Germans made it off the ship, and it certainly did not provide them with any notable numerical advantage. Not to mention that the Amazons had the strategically superior position, and were able to kill a number of the Germans before they even reached the beach, because they had the higher ground on top of the cliff and could shoot them while they were still in the boats. Their position also allowed them to attack the Germans from two different directions once they landed on the beach. The Germans had the advantage in firepower, but the Amazons had factors that were in their favour as well.

No idea where he is coming up with the automatic weapons thing though, as the soldiers were clearly using rifles.

Sable
You are right, they had riflies. The scene with fully automatic weapons was later in Germany. In any case, they had semi-automatic weapons. Which are still considered automatic by current ATF classifications.

TheVaultDweller
Well, apparently the rifle type used for the beach battle scene was the 1903 Turkish Mauser (at least according to the people at IMFDB, and identifying what kinds of guns are used in various movies/scenes is their whole thing). Those are bolt-action rifles if I am not mistaken.

Silent Master
Besides, The ATF doesn't consider semi-automatic rifles to be automatic. that argument is just silly.

Sable
Besides, The ATF doesn't consider semi-automatic rifles to be automatic. that argument is just silly.

The ATF considered semi automatic weapons a semi-automatic weapon., not fully automatic, if they were not automatic weapons, they would not be called, semi-automatic, not understanding what words means is sillier.

Sable
Well, apparently the rifle type used for the beach battle scene was the 1903 Turkish Mauser (at least according to the people at IMFDB, and identifying what kinds of guns are used in various movies/scenes is their whole thing). Those are bolt-action rifles if I am not mistaken.

Fait enough.

Silent Master
The ATF considered semi automatic weapons a semi-automatic weapon., not fully automatic, if they were not automatic weapons, they would not be called, semi-automatic, not understanding what words means is sillier.

You said

You are right, they had riflies. The scene with fully automatic weapons was later in Germany. In any case, they had semi-automatic weapons. Which are still considered automatic by current ATF classifications.

Semi-automatics are not considered automatic. Semi-automatic and automatic are two completely different classifications.

Sable
I guess you don't know the difference between fully automatic, and semi automatic, Both are still automatic weapons.

Here is a semi-automatic weapon firing at a automatic rate with a simple and legal modification not involving any machining or filing of the sear.

t643366.html

TheVaultDweller
Fait enough.

Well, at the end of the day, even bolt-action rifles > bows and arrows, so the Amazons still did really well with what they had. They are clearly a very skilled and strategically sound fighting force, but their weapons and technology is where they fall short.

And that database is pretty damn useful actually. It's kind of insane how many films/tv shows they cover, and how quickly they add new stuff.

Sable
Well, at the end of the day, even bolt-action rifles > bows and arrows, so the Amazons still did really well with what they had. They are clearly a very skilled and strategically sound fighting force, but their weapons and technology is where they fall short.

And that database is pretty damn useful actually. It's kind of insane how many films/tv shows they cover, and how quickly they add new stuff.

Which DB were you using?

Silent Master
I guess you don't know the difference between fully automatic, and semi automatic, Both are still automatic weapons.

Here is a semi-automatic weapon firing at a automatic rate with a simple and legal modification not involving any machining or filing of the sear.

t643366.html

Why don't you just post a link to where the ATF says they classify semi-automatic as automatic?

TheVaultDweller
Which DB were you using?

Internet Movie Firearm Database. The main page seems to be spazzing out right now though, or I would link it. But all the other pages work.

Here is the WW page though, for example:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2017)

They list the types of guns used, as well as showing in which scenes and by which characters they are used.

Sable
You know you Jeff Bezos owns iMDB? And now about the rest of the world.

FrothByte
Ok bottom line, German soldiers weren't using automatic arms during their fight with the amazons.

TheVaultDweller
You know you Jeff Bezos owns iMDB? And now about the rest of the world.

I just googled his net worth. Jeezus Christ.

Sable
Ok bottom line, German soldiers weren't using automatic arms during their fight with the amazons.

We already went over that, a bit late to the party.

Silent Master
By "we already went over that" you mean, several people already corrected you.

Sable
Are you going to dock my pay?

Sable
I just googled his net worth. Jeezus Christ.

He just bought Whole Foods for 13 billion.

Silent Master
Are you going to dock my pay?

I don't think welfare counts as pay.

Sable
How much do you charge?

Sable
I don't think welfare counts as pay.

I thought you cared about the less fortunate?

Silent Master
I don't call charity paying people, I call it helping them.

Sable
Pay me

FrothByte
We already went over that, a bit late to the party.

So then stop discussing it and move on.

Sable
I thought you blocked me?

TheVaultDweller
He just bought Whole Foods for 13 billion.

Yeah, he has a net worth of $84 billion odd. More than Buffet or Zuckerberg, and not that far off Gates. I would have no idea what to do with that much money. I think this is veering a bit off topic though. Anyway, that database I linked can be pretty useful for things like calculations or comparisons. Because, from the information you get there, you can go on to find the types of ammunition used, muzzle velocities etc. Which can factor into quantifying bullet-related speed/reaction- and durability feats.

Sable
After 1b, it's a point system for them.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Assuming they're both completely de powered, you've got a skilled 230 lb male vs. a skilled 140 lb female. The male will unquestionably win every time.

Yup, Rhonda couldn't take a girl punching her, a male would have killed her.

Same with these 2.

wallman77
Originally posted by KingD19
She only started to grow beyond them once she fought her aunt and sent out that shockwave. Before that everyone but Hippolyta and Antiope thought she was normal.

Lol what? They always knew what she was and that ares would come for her. This was stated. Hip simply refused to tell her.

Psychotron
Chris Hemsworth was never 230, he was 205 for Thor by his own words. Similarly, Gadot has never been over 120. Not that it really matters, but my autism kicked in.

Thor wins.

FrothByte
There's no way a 6'3 man with that much muscle is only 205 lbs.. He should at least be over 210. And last time I checked Gadot was stated to be 120 lbs.

TheVaultDweller
In an interview he did for the movie Rush he said that he was 215 when playing Thor. He mentioned it because he had to drop to 185 for the role of James Hunt.

FrothByte
Yeah, 215 sounds more reasonable. I don't think he's 230, since Dwayne Johnson is 230. I figured he was close to 220, or at least in AoU which seemed to be his biggest physique yet.

Psychotron
Camera tricks and all these modern actors have chicken legs, since they only do shirtless scenes.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Camera tricks and all these modern actors have chicken legs, since they only do shirtless scenes.

Not a lot of camera tricks here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9XfmbXOZQ

Psychotron
Not a lot of camera tricks here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9XfmbXOZQ

Bro...

http://imgur.com/a/AE1Wk

FrothByte
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.