What happened to the Empire after the Galactic Concordance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
There is something I don't have clear, after Galactic Concordance was signed in 5 ABY, we know the Empire's territory was restricted to some Core Or Inner Rim worlds, while some imperial officers fleed to the unknown Regions, creating the First Order. But, what's happened to the what was left of the empire? Does it still exist by Episode VII? Or maybe I got it all wrong and the empire was completely suppressed in 5 ABY?

DarthAnt66
The existing Imperial government was completely dissolved, so my impression is that the Imperial territories in the Core and Inner Rim created new pro-Imperial government, but they're still not the same faction as the Galactic Empire, nor can they sponsor any military of similiar fashion. I guess it sort of would be similiar to if after the Soviet Union dissolved, some countries that were formed out of it still decided to remain communist. By Episode VII, I imagine some of these worlds eventually embraced and joined with the New Republic, while others may have aligned themselves or helped funding with the First Order.

Total Warrior
Ann, ok thanks smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.