Bane vs. TFA Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Rodgers doesn't have his shield

Who wins

Silent Master
Captain America 10/10

FrothByte
Bane has no business fighting enhanced humans. Give him a non-enhanced opponent like Punisher or human Thor.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Captain America 10/10 Originally posted by FrothByte
Bane has no business fighting enhanced humans. Give him a non-enhanced opponent like Punisher or human Thor.

John Murdoch
Rogers still ran down a car, swam down that HYDRA agent's submarine, punched through said submarine's cockpit glass, through said HYDRA agent onto the dock above from the water that was several feet below the dock, fought and eventually beat Red Skull (who took an early version of the SSS, moved the heavy casket lid in the opening of TFA, and dented Cap's original metal shield with a hit), and kicked that HYDRA dude into the air backwards.

I'd say he's more than enough.

Not enough time for me now, but Bane vs street clothes Batfleck and the other new Bane thread are much closer fights.

BruceSkywalker
WHERE IS H1??
we need his insight

hahahaha

KingD19
I guess we can look at the multiple people Cap sent flying. Remember that one guy he threw over the tank and he just didn't come down?

NemeBro
Cap would punch Bane's mask out the back of his head.

h1a8
Split. Bane is strong enough to hurt Cap a lot and far more skilled.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8

More like Cap 10/10.

Dreampanther
Cap can quite literally beat Bane with one hand tied behind his back.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Cap can quite literally beat Bane with one hand tied behind his back.

He's not very skilled in h2h in TFA. He relies solely on his physical stats. Bane is vastly more skilled and strong enough to really hurt Steve.

Silent Master

Inhuman
He's not very skilled in h2h in TFA. He relies solely on his physical stats. Bane is vastly more skilled and strong enough to really hurt Steve.

Can you specifically tell me or show me what scene in the movie displays Bane's "vast skill"? I want to see it with my own eyes.

You keep speaking of Bane's skill but I dont recall ever witnessing said skill in the movie. Show me because I have actually posted Bane scenes from the actual movie that show he is a slow basic type brawler.

He also has peak human strength. Nothing more.
Like i have said before real world martial artists break concrete blocks all the time. And real world strong men in the competitions regularly lift boulders and huge logs , sometimes with not too much effort.
Bane is not above real world strong men.

BruceSkywalker

there you are ,,, hahaha

Cap stomps 10/10

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman
Can you specifically tell me or show me what scene in the movie displays Bane's "vast skill"? I want to see it with my own eyes.

You keep speaking of Bane's skill but I dont recall ever witnessing said skill in the movie. Show me because I have actually posted Bane scenes from the actual movie that show he is a slow basic type brawler.

Like i have said before real world martial artists break concrete blocks all the time. And real world strong men in the competitions regularly lift boulders and huge logs , sometimes with not too much effort.
Bane is not above real world strong men. No, you're completely wrong here my friend. No human being alive could replicate Bane's feat of neck lifting Batman with one hand.

Only the absolute strongest men in the world can lift the Thomas Inch Dumbell, and Batman's neck would be much more awkward to grip and Batman himself would be quite a bit heavier.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
No, you're completely wrong here my friend. No human being alive could replicate Bane's feat of neck lifting Batman with one hand.

Only the absolute strongest men in the world can lift the Thomas Inch Dumbell, and Batman's neck would be much more awkward to grip and Batman himself would be quite a bit heavier.

Okay. Bane is really strong.

Can he replicate Cap holding up 3 women on a motorcycle?

Not even the strongest man in the world can casually throw men over tanks, or chase down cars, or punch through submarine glass, etc, etc...

So Cap is >>>>>to Bane what Bane is to really strong, but regular people?

How does any of that change the outcome of the fight?

FrothByte
No, you're completely wrong here my friend. No human being alive could replicate Bane's feat of neck lifting Batman with one hand.

No human alive maybe, but quite a number of movie humans can.

John Murdoch

Bane is obviously strong compared to your average Nolan-gothamite. Problem is, Cap won't be getting into any neck-lifting monologue challenges with Mr. Bane in this fight. He'll have Bane down in no time.

h1a8

Bane is not above real world strong men.

Visual speed is irrelevant to determine real fighting speed, otherwise Cap and WS would be vastly slower than real professional fighters. Batman can't possibly ko many many thugs in a matter of seconds moving slow as hell in real life.

No real human can bust through a solid stone column (that's over 4ft thick) with their fist. Concrete blocks are fluffy pillows compared to that. I use to bust multiple ones when I was in martial art class. If I punched that column then not only I wouldn't put a blemish on it (except my skin and blood) but I would break my hand.

Batman is a master from the league of shadows. So is Bane. That along proves skill.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19

Not even the strongest man in the world can casually throw men over tanks, or chase down cars, or punch through submarine glass, etc, etc...

How does any of that change the outcome of the fight? So are you retarded? Serious question. Reread this entire thread before answering it, then come back to me.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
No human alive maybe, but quite a number of movie humans can. go on

FrothByte
Visual speed is irrelevant to determine real fighting speed, otherwise Cap and WS would be vastly slower than real professional fighters. Batman can't possibly ko many many thugs in a matter of seconds moving slow as hell in real life.

No real human can bust through a solid stone column (that's over 4ft thick) with their fist. Concrete blocks are fluffy pillows compared to that. I use to bust multiple ones when I was in martial art class. If I punched that column then not only I wouldn't put a blemish on it (except my skin and blood) but I would break my hand.

Batman is a master from the league of shadows. So is Bane. That along proves skill.

Loki is fast enough to catch an arrow... blindly. Cap was still faster than him. Baleman or Bane have no feats to equate to catching an arrow.

KingD19
So are you retarded? Serious question. Reread this entire thread before answering it, then come back to me.

Nope. Not retarded like you seem to be.

Bane smashing a chunk of concrete if he did doesn't matter. Cap's feats still piss all over his, yes?

You're defending a potential feat when it doesn't change the outcome of the fight in any way.

NemeBro

Bane smashing a chunk of concrete if he did doesn't matter. Cap's feats still piss all over his, yes?

You're defending a potential feat when it doesn't change the outcome of the fight in any way. So you are, in fact, a complete retard.

You attacked points I never made, like that Bane was stronger than Cap, and the idea that Bane's strength feats would give him the win over Cap, despite the fact that I never said this is the case, and earlier in the thread indicated that Cap wouldn't just win, but would literally kill Bane, likely with a single punch.

Of course, you probably don't know that. You probably just had your panties in a twist because I insulted you and proceeded to respond without rereading the thread, because you're emotionally fragile.

Let me share some of my wisdom with you my incredibly dumb friend: you can agree with someone's overall viewpoint while still criticizing and arguing against specific points of theirs, like I did with Inhuman. Are you intelligent enough to comprehend this concept my son?

h1a8
Loki is fast enough to catch an arrow... blindly. Cap was still faster than him. Baleman or Bane have no feats to equate to catching an arrow.
Catching an arrow from a far distance doesn't require speed.
The arrow was flying through the air for seconds.

h1a8

You're defending a potential feat when it doesn't change the outcome of the fight in any way. Nothing Cap did shits on that feat.

Silent Master
Nothing Cap did shits on that feat.

Punching through reinforced submarine glass while underwater completely destroys that feet.

KingD19
Nothing Cap did shits on that feat.

Casually held up a motorcycle with 3 women on it.
Tossed grown, armored men through the air like rag dolls.
Hit those same men and sent them flying.
Ripped a WW2 era car door off it's hinges to use as a bullet shield.
Tossed a man from the water onto the dry dock.
Punched through the submarine.

cdtm

How does any of that change the outcome of the fight?

I was going to argue Cap punch's Bane's mask out the back of his head,. But you know what, NameBro convinced me!

If someone as sharp as him thinks Banes overpowers Cap, who am I to argue? And who are you to question his declaration of victory by Bane! mad

cdtm
Seriously, King, try reading NB"s first post..

Inhuman

This proves nothing. What are the League of shadows feats besides being nameless fodder?
Word of mouth and reputation is not an answer.

The same applies for saying that "Baleman defeating 10 thugs or whatever is impressive"
Thugs in the Nolanverse get KO'ed by tripping over their own shoelaces. They are comically incompetent. Like slipping on banana peels bad. Defeating a number of them isn't anything special.

I have posted clips and proof of this of coarse.

FrothByte
Bane was a kick-out from the league of shadows, not a master. But even if he was, that doesn't say much since we don't really have any feats from regular LOS members to base off from.

h1a8
Punching through reinforced submarine glass while underwater completely destroys that feet. No it doesn't. That was a toy submarine. A mini water vehicle.

h1a8
Casually held up a motorcycle with 3 women on it.
Tossed grown, armored men through the air like rag dolls.
Hit those same men and sent them flying.
Ripped a WW2 era car door off it's hinges to use as a bullet shield.
Tossed a man from the water onto the dry dock.
Punched through the submarine.

Yawn!
He didn't toss anyone like a rag doll. But they were tossed though.
Yawn!
Yawn!
Yawn!
This is a decent feat but it doesn't shit on Bane's.

FrothByte
Catching an arrow from a far distance doesn't require speed.
The arrow was flying through the air for seconds.

And was still flying in a straight line. That means it's still going very fast, otherwise it would already have dropped. Baleman and Bane still have no feats to compare to that.

h1a8
Bane was a kick-out from the league of shadows, not a master. But even if he was, that doesn't say much since we don't really have any feats from regular LOS members to base off from. We have feats from Batman, Raz, etc.

h1a8
And was still flying in a straight line. That means it's still going very fast, otherwise it would already have dropped. Baleman and Bane still have no feats to compare to that. Speed is all about doing something in a small amount of time. Loki had plenty of time to catch the arrow. The arrow flew for seconds. This is not a speed feat, it's an awareness feat.

FrothByte
We have feats from Batman, Raz, etc.

Batman and Ras who are both supposedly the best out of LOS... and yet Batman still moves like a brick.

FrothByte
Speed is all about doing something in a small amount of time. Loki had plenty of time to catch the arrow. The arrow flew for seconds. This is not a speed feat, it's an awareness feat.

really? Did you see him prepare for the catch way in advance?

Psychotron
Rogers' feat of stopping the chopper from flying away in Civil War pisses all over Bane's strength feats. I know it's not TFA, but his powers didn't change in the sequels.

Bane dies.

h1a8
Originally posted by Psychotron
Rogers' feat of stopping the chopper from flying away in Civil War pisses all over Bane's strength feats. I know it's not TFA, but his powers didn't change in the sequels.

Bane dies.

The makers of the movie said that Cap had a power creep. Thus he wasn't the same later on.

Also, the helicopter feat is his weakest strength feat. Apparently, it doesn't take much force to stop that helicopter.

Inhuman
Also, the helicopter feat is his weakest strength feat. Apparently, it doesn't take much force to stop that helicopter.

laughing out loud

http://nerdist.com/how-much-strength-does-it-take-to-bicep-curl-a-helicopter/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Strong-Captain-America-Has-Curl-Helicopter-130497.html

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/how-strong-curl-helicopter-captain-america-2016-5

https://www.quora.com/How-much-strength-is-required-in-a-human-being-in-order-to-hold-a-helicopter-down-with-one-arm-like-Captain-America-does-in-Civil-War

Psychotron
The makers of the movie said that Cap had a power creep. Thus he wasn't the same later on.

Can you provide a quote?

And lol at the second comment.

h1a8
laughing out loud

http://nerdist.com/how-much-strength-does-it-take-to-bicep-curl-a-helicopter/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Strong-Captain-America-Has-Curl-Helicopter-130497.html

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/how-strong-curl-helicopter-captain-america-2016-5

https://www.quora.com/How-much-strength-is-required-in-a-human-being-in-order-to-hold-a-helicopter-down-with-one-arm-like-Captain-America-does-in-Civil-War

3000lb isn't a great feat. 1.5 tons? Cap used both hands which helped. Bane used one hand.

h1a8
Can you provide a quote?

And lol at the second comment.

Someone here posted it awhile ago. I think it was in the commentary to the movie. I think Froth or Vaulty has the source.

Psychotron
3000lb isn't a great feat. 1.5 tons? Cap used both hands which helped. Bane used one hand.

Yeah ok, h1a8. Try curling 3000lbs, see what happens.

Inhuman

Guess you didn't read the articles.

"Captain America is at least 10 times stronger than the average private or lieutenant"

Anyhow Bane is peak human at most based on screen feats. Cap would literally ragdoll Bane around if he wanted to. Thats how lob-sided their strength compared to each other is

Inhuman
Another good link for Cap feats

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/15829/does-captain-america-possess-superhuman-strength-in-the-mcu

Psychotron
He overpowered Spider-man in Civil War. So, that kinda shits all over Bane.

Inhuman
Baleman overpowered Bane in their last fight. I have posted this as well. Baleman blocks on of Banes punches and they both are pushing each others arms for a bit and Baleman overpowers Banes arm and then elbows Bane in the face.

Psychotron
Yeah, Bane's only good feat is beating a retired, broken Batman. When Batman got his motivation back he pushed his shit in.

Silent Master
No it doesn't. That was a toy submarine. A mini water vehicle.

Prove it, show proof that it's easier to bust through reinforced submarine glass underwater than it is to break a column.

Silent Master
Guess you didn't read the articles.

"Captain America is at least 10 times stronger than the average private or lieutenant"

Anyhow Bane is peak human at most based on screen feats. Cap would literally ragdoll Bane around if he wanted to. Thats how lob-sided their strength compared to each other is

Actually I believe the world record bicep curl is around 315lb. which makes Cap around 10x the world record holder.

TheVaultDweller
Prove it, show proof that it's easier to bust through reinforced submarine glass underwater than it is to break a column.

For what it's worth, Howard Stark, upon studying the recovered submarine, openly stated that it was far more advanced than anything the US had at the time. And, in fact, that the technology was beyond his own understanding.

tkitna
H1 understands it though.

Cap would smack Bane around even worse than he did Batroc. Hell, Batroc would smack Bane around.

Cap 1000/1000

psycho gundam

Also, the helicopter feat is his weakest strength feat. Apparently, it doesn't take much force to stop that helicopter. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
To add to the helicopter feat: Cap fights a bit and gets knocked down an elevator shaft, climbs up a few floors using the cables, holds the full takeoff of the helicopter which starts signalling that it can't get lift at full rotor speed, gets choked by an arm 4 x longer than Black widow who almost died from getting choked for a second, while being choked he falls like 50 feet into the water under a helicopter then he swims completely under water carrying the 230lbs +/- dead weight of the Winter soldier 50 meters to safety.

This guy's a tank.

He also fights Iron man hand to hand with the latter's computer admitting Tony couldn't beat him in close combat.

Psychotron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
He also fights Iron man hand to hand with the latter's computer admitting Tony couldn't beat him in close combat.

To be fair, that was completely retarded.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, earlier when they fought 1-on-1, Iron Man had Cap in a mounted position and was laying into him until Bucky intervened. Yet 2 minutes later Tony seemingly can't even block a single punch. That fight was all over the place.

Psychotron
It's ridiculous how Iron Man could go 1v1 with Thor in Avengers and hold his own for a bit, but then he gets molested by Steve in Civil War.

Dreampanther
It's ridiculous how Iron Man could go 1v1 with Thor in Avengers and hold his own for a bit, but then he gets molested by Steve in Civil War.

Different fights, imo. When Thor grappled with Iron Man he crushed his armour with little to no effort, but when he blasted him with lightning he actually charged up his armour. Thor didn't seem to take any damage, however. Steve got up close and personal, giving Tony no room to manoeuvre. Also, angry as Tony was, I don't think he really wanted to kill Steve, so he couldn't use his more lethal weapons, like those mini missiles.

Psychotron
Come on, he eats artillery shells and has enough strength to toss around SUVs. Steve had no business going H2H with Iron Man and lasting more than 5 seconds.

Dreampanther
Come on, he eats artillery shells and has enough strength to toss around SUVs. Steve had no business going H2H with Iron Man and lasting more than 5 seconds.

Remember, a lot of IM's feats are boosted by his rockets and his energy beams. Steve casually rips apart a solid tree stump, punches through a submarine window underwater and holds back a helicopter trying to take off. At a conservative estimate, he's at least 10 stronger than normal. He's not peak human, he's quite clearly superhuman. Also, as I already stated, he nullified Tony's biggest advantage - his manoeuvrability.

Tony is used to fighting from a distance, flying around at high speed and shooting lasers and missiles. When Steve cornered him and forced him into H2H he took Tony far out of his comfort zone and into the kind of combat Captain America excels in.

Psychotron
You don't get it. Iron Man has withstood .50 cal machine gun fire and a shot from a tank. Steve shouldn't be able to scratch the paint on his armor.

Dreampanther
You don't get it. Iron Man has withstood .50 cal machine gun fire and a shot from a tank. Steve shouldn't be able to scratch the paint on his armor.

Did Tony stand right in front of the tank and get shot dozens of times in a few seconds?

Psychotron
I hope that was a joke post. Equating Cap's punch with a tank shell is ridiculous.

juggerman
To be fair that tank shell did knock him for a loop. And in a deleted or extended scene it showed Tony did have bruises and stuff after the scuffle in the Middle East.

But yeah Cap should not have been able to do anything to him with just fisty cuffs. Maybe this was one of his inferior Iron Man 3 suits??????????

Dreampanther

TheVaultDweller
Except that, based on his flying feats throughout the films, such as his dogfight with the jets in IM1, his suit actually allows him to withstand 100s of Gs without any ill effects (according to Kyle Hill from Nerdist, who does the Because Science episodes, at least,). Like when he goes from supersonic to a dead stop in an instant. That kind of move would kill a normal person several times over.

Anyway, this is all largely irrelevant to the current fight. Even if we completely ignore any feats from the later films, Steve still has this.

Psychotron
Dreampanther, you're forgetting things like surface area. Steve's punch has a much larger one than a bullet. And those didn't even hurt Tony, anyway. Plus none of that is anywhere near equal the impact of a tank shell, which Tony walked off.

Also, what VaultDweller said.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by juggerman
To be fair that tank shell did knock him for a loop. And in a deleted or extended scene it showed Tony did have bruises and stuff after the scuffle in the Middle East.

Deleted scenes aren't really considered canon. And in anyways, he took much more punishment in that battle than just the jet fire and the tank shell. He also had a missile blow up like a few feet away from him, crash landed from at least several hundred meters up, and even got hit by one of the jets with enough force to take half a wing off.

Dreampanther
I'm not forgetting anything wink I'm simply trying to help you make sense of a scene you're having difficulty with.

Here are the facts: Steve DID beat the crap out of Tony. It IS a comic book movie. Therefore, I DO use a mix of real-life physics and speculation to explain the feats that take place on screen.

If you want to come up with another explanation that makes more sense, I'll be happy to listen. Until then, I'm going to stick with the explanation that makes the most sense to me. stick out tongue

TheVaultDweller
Now I just have to post this:

1EB0tPUitMU

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Now I just have to post this:

laughing laughing laughing

Psychotron
If you want to come up with another explanation that makes more sense, I'll be happy to listen

Shit writing and plot armor because it was Captain America's movie.

HulkIsHulk
Not to mention the beating he took at the end of Iron Man is far beyond anything Cap has done. And Vanko's original whips at the racetrack was slicing up everything but the armor remained in one piece, and the climax fight had him wielding even more powerful whips yet Iron Man still tanked them. If Cap's shield, even with all the things its cut up, can cut into his armor, then Vanko should have sliced him in half.
On a side note, I think the VFX team screwed it up and the end of Civil War. His reactor light should have died down when it has something cut into it so bad its inoperable, and it did so in the previous movies. No just flickering and burning bright.

Dreampanther
Shit writing and plot armor because it was Captain America's movie.

Now, don't pout, Sulky McSulkerson. Even though he got spanked like a red-headed stepchild, he's still a genius billionaire playboy - which isn't bad! evil face

TheVaultDweller
Even if you ignore all the inconsistencies and such with previous films (or even other moments in that film), Tony only lost because he decided to pause in his assault to give Cap a "final warning" to stand down. He had no real interest in fighting Steve, hence why he tried to use things like cuffs on him, or lasered the one arch to try and stop Steve from following him and Bucky. And then Cap still needed Bucky to distract Tony so he could attack him from behind. In a neutral setting, with both fighting at their hardest, I would back Iron Man 10/10.

Dreampanther
In a neutral setting, with both fighting at their hardest, I would back Iron Man 10/10.

In a neutral setting, with both fighting at their hardest, I would have backed Spider-Man as well. big grin

TheVaultDweller
In a neutral setting, with both fighting at their hardest, I would have backed Spider-Man as well. big grin

Well, remember, beyond being a noob, Spiderman's instructions were to just web Cap's team up. So, it seemed pretty clear that he wasn't meant to go HAM either.

Dreampanther
Well, remember, beyond being a noob, Spiderman's instructions were to just web Cap's team up. So, it seemed pretty clear that he wasn't meant to go HAM either.

Which is exactly what I said earlier about the Cap Vs IM fight: Tony was angry, but he didn't really want to kill Steve, which limited his arsenal and allowed Steve to take the advantage.

TheVaultDweller
Well, that in itself is obvious. There was actually an interview with IM's fight choreographer for CA:CW, a good 4-5 months before the film even came out, that said Tony would be using "minimum force" if fighting Steve.

But the point I was making was that, even then, he needed a distraction at the end to get out of trouble and eek out a win.

Dreampanther
It's worth noting that Steve wasn't fighting to hurt Tony either. If he really considered Tony an enemy that fight could have gone a lot worse - Steve is a soldier, while Tony is an engineer. If Steve wanted to kill Tony the way Tony wanted to kill Bucky he wouldn't have fought defensively from the beginning, simply trying to delay him while Bucky escaped.

Inhuman
Dont know why we still have threads were Bane is pitted against opponents that severely outclass him in every way shape or form. erm

FrothByte
Dont know why we still have threads were Bane is pitted against opponents that severely outclass him in every way shape or form. erm

He should stick to fighting guys like Kickass

TheVaultDweller
It's worth noting that Steve wasn't fighting to hurt Tony either. If he really considered Tony an enemy that fight could have gone a lot worse - Steve is a soldier, while Tony is an engineer. If Steve wanted to kill Tony the way Tony wanted to kill Bucky he wouldn't have fought defensively from the beginning, simply trying to delay him while Bucky escaped.

Not sure why Tony being an engineer matters. He'd been Iron Man for 8 years at that point, and fought everything from terrorists to Hydra soldiers to aliens to killer robots (just like Steve had), as well as Extremis soldiers and other Iron Man suits.

And Tony going all out is far more dangerous than Steve going all out. Even if Steve fought defensively initially, he still used his full arsenal. Tony never used anything stronger than his repulsors against Steve. He literally used none of his more powerful weapons against him. Like his fight choreographer said he would, he was using "minimum force" against Steve. And Winter Soldier was also fighting Iron Man. He wasn't simply running away the whole time. Hell, he pretty much saved Steve's ass three separate times during that fight. First time after Tony initially backhanded Cap after learning the truth (which floored Steve for a good ten seconds), then later when IM had Steve in a mounted position and was punching him in the face, and right at the end during the "stand down, final warning" moment. Any way you cut it, even though Steve "won", it was made abundantly clear that Iron Man is above Captain America.

Dreampanther
Steve "won"

That's all I'm saying. Thanks for agreeing big grin

TheVaultDweller
That's all I'm saying. Thanks for agreeing big grin

Not much of a win, considering he needed his opponent to actively stop kicking his ass + a distraction to pull it off. stick out tongue

Anyway, this has veered way off topic. Bane is NOT Iron Man.

TheVaultDweller
Iron Man vs Bane would probably go something like the beginning of this

http://pa1.narvii.com/6109/a7e4cbb6a88f25cd152530a818ed2bd9cb2a2da0_hq.gif

stick out tongue

Inhuman

But Bane slowly punched a small hole in a hallowed out pillar and basically did an Undertaker choke-slam walk on Baleman. I think Bane could beat Iron-Man.

TheVaultDweller
But Bane slowly punched a small hole in a hallowed out pillar and basically did an Undertaker choke-slam walk on Baleman. I think Bane could beat Iron-Man.

You forgot to mention his LoS training. I am disappointed.

Inhuman
You forgot to mention his LoS training. I am disappointed.

My bad duuuh

How can I forget LOS with their countless of feats to back up their reputation as being the best of the best fighters.

psycho gundam
Yeah, earlier when they fought 1-on-1, Iron Man had Cap in a mounted position and was laying into him until Bucky intervened. Yet 2 minutes later Tony seemingly can't even block a single punch. That fight was all over the place. If you look at the fight that mount wasn't really going to determine the end of the fight considering how much damage Cap can take, for example when War machine got injured Tony shot Falcon with a seemingly regular repulsar blast that took him out, yet Cap took a beating plus took 2 unshielded blasts to the same torso like Falcon and still got up ready for more. If Cap is standing in front of Iron man pre-skill download he can't beat him. Tony flew down and got the mount but that's something Bane can't do under any conditions

psycho gundam

http://pa1.narvii.com/6109/a7e4cbb6a88f25cd152530a818ed2bd9cb2a2da0_hq.gif

stick out tongue Cap can replicate that scene. Just replace the beams for shield tosses. He's just as physically powerful as Iron man is (if you remove his flight assist)

TheVaultDweller
If you look at the fight that mount wasn't really going to determine the end of the fight considering how much damage Cap can take, for example when War machine got injured Tony shot Falcon with a seemingly regular repulsar blast that took him out, yet Cap took a beating plus took 2 unshielded blasts to the same torso like Falcon and still got up ready for more. If Cap is standing in front of Iron man pre-skill download he can't beat him. Tony flew down and got the mount but that's something Bane can't do under any conditions

You're completely missing the point I was making. Tony was able to hang with Steve and get the upper hand without too much trouble. He was also going H2H with Winter Soldier and landing multiple clean hits. Yet 2 minutes later and he suddenly can't land a hit without help.

Cap can replicate that scene. Just replace the beams for shield tosses. He's just as physically powerful as Iron man is (if you remove his flight assist)

In that same fight, Iron Man casually punched through a several inch thick wall and bodily yanked a guy through it with minimal effort. Hit another guy with a repulsor blast so hard that he actually cratered another wall on impact (it's actually the first repulsor in that gif, but the impact got cut off). Used his smart guns to drop multiple terrorists at once while leaving the captives completely unharmed. And later got shot by a tank and then destroyed it. So, I strongly disagree. But I actually meant just the punch at the beginning. As in Tony would punch Bane once and he'd die.

psycho gundam
He flew at him and got the mount, then missed his first of 3 punches from that position. If they are standing face to face Cap is superior to THAT suit (which is the Bleeding edge btw). Cap's fighting ability is what Iron man couldn't overcome meaning their physical stats are very similar, and once his patterns were downloaded the a.i. could counter him. It didn't make him stronger or more durable. Tony needs something extra to get an advantage, be it flight or copying Cap's moves

Watch the beginning of Civil war. Cap kicked a heavy vehicle and that knocked a guy flying. He also took repeated punches to the face from Winter soldier's left arm in the self titled film after the latter shot him several times. That arm can go through concrete as well.

TheVaultDweller
He flew at him and got the mount, then missed his first of 3 punches from that position. If they are standing face to face Cap is superior to THAT suit (which is the Bleeding edge btw). Cap's fighting ability is what Iron man couldn't overcome meaning their physical stats are very similar, and once his patterns were downloaded the a.i. could counter him. It didn't make him stronger or more durable. Tony needs something extra to get an advantage, be it flight or copying Cap's moves

He literally used his one gauntlet to do an aerial flip. That's hardly flying at him. And no, his CW suit is simply called the Mark XLVI armour. It might have copied that look from the comics, but that's it. It is not even remotely comparable to his actual Bleeding Edge armour from the comics. And, again, you are missing the point. I have an issue with how he suddenly became completely incapable of doing anything without assistance. Not with Steve being better at H2H.

And I fail to see how Cap's H2H being better suddenly means their physical stats are comparable. The fact that, once the AI could track Cap's moves, Tony could easily catch a shield strike from Cap and bring it to a dead halt (similar to what Spiderman did to WS' metal arm, and Tony also actually did to the metal arm earlier in the fight as well), suggests Iron Man is stronger. And we know he is more durable as well. Unless you think Cap can take one of Hawkeye's exploding arrows to the chest with only superficial damage (which happened during the airport fight).

Iron Man is stronger and more durable, but Cap had enough skill to counter in pure H2H (and, based on multiple discussions and posts, is the opinion of several other posters here as well). And, again, I don't have a problem with that. Like I have said more than once by now, I have a problem with how he was at least able to tussle with them earlier and get some licks in, but suddenly became near helpless without assistance from FRIDAY.

Watch the beginning of Civil war. Cap kicked a heavy vehicle and that knocked a guy flying. He also took repeated punches to the face from Winter soldier's left arm in the self titled film after the latter shot him several times. That arm can go through concrete as well.

And Tony's suitcase armour (a lower-end, on-the-fly armour) sent a town car skidding like 20 feet with little more than a shove from his foot. Bucky's arm can knock chunks out of concrete. Iron Man casually put his arm through a concrete wall, and pulled someone back through it. And even if we assume the metal arm is comparable to Iron Man's, Bucky's metal arm > Steve's arms (their fight in Civil War perfectly highlights this), so, if anything, that hurts your argument that they have comparable strength.

h1a8
To add to the helicopter feat: Cap fights a bit and gets knocked down an elevator shaft, climbs up a few floors using the cables, holds the full takeoff of the helicopter which starts signalling that it can't get lift at full rotor speed, gets choked by an arm 4 x longer than Black widow who almost died from getting choked for a second, while being choked he falls like 50 feet into the water under a helicopter then he swims completely under water carrying the 230lbs +/- dead weight of the Winter soldier 50 meters to safety.

This guy's a tank.

PIS free IM would kill or ko Cap in one punch. That fight has 0 weight in a forum.

The helicopter feat isn't that great. Two arms, each contributes to 1500 lbs.

Prove it, show proof that it's easier to bust through reinforced submarine glass underwater than it is to break a column. I don't have to. The status quo remains true until proven otherwise. You must prove that the toy submarine glass has the same durability as a full size submarine.

He overpowered Spider-man in Civil War. So, that kinda shits all over Bane. He didn't.

Silent Master

LOL!!!! and you claim to be smart.

I don't have to.

IOW, you can't back up your claim.

h1a8
LOL!!!! and you claim to be smart. Cap used both arm muscles and joints to achieve the feat.

Silent Master
Cap used both arm muscles and joints to achieve the feat.

Keep proving my point.

h1a8
Keep proving my point. thumb up

Silent Master
You're not very smart are you?

KingD19
You're not very smart are you?

Not smart + Suuuper stubborn

h1a8
If you guys think so.

Silent Master
If you guys think so.

Prove us wrong.

KingD19
Prove us wrong.

Proving us wrong means he'd have to prove himself right. Hahahahah.

Silent Master

This is the guy that claims to teach math and physics.

h1a8

You are going over the line now.
Either stop flaming or get reported.

If there is something wrong with my argument then kindly rebut it or just ignore it.

Silent Master
You are going over the line now.
Either stop flaming or get reported.

If there is something wrong with my argument then kindly rebut it or just ignore it.

You claim to be a smart guy, so why don't you prove it by telling me what is wrong with your argument.

h1a8
You claim to be a smart guy, so why don't you prove it by telling me what is wrong with your argument.

Fact1: Cap used the muscles of both his arms and hands to restrain the helicopter.
Fact2: The feat is calculated to take roughly 3000lbs of force to do.

If you believe Fact 1 is false (not a fact) then you must prove that Cap didn't use the muscles in one of his arms.

Silent Master
Fact1: Cap used the muscles of both his arms and hands to restrain the helicopter.
Fact2: The feat is calculated to take roughly 3000lbs of force to do.

If you believe Fact 1 is false (not a fact) then you must prove that Cap didn't use the muscles in one of his arms.

Now that you've restated your argument, point out where you made your mistake.

That is, assuming you're smart enough to find it.

h1a8
Now that you've restated your argument, point out where you made your mistake.

That is, assuming you're smart enough to find it.

I see. So you are nitpicking stuff that doesn't change my point.
Ok, the mistake is assuming that each arm was exerting 1500lbs.
In actuality both arms were exerting ALMOST the same force (within 15% of each other). The chest muscles also help.

My point was that Cap supplied less than 1 ton of force on either arm. This puts the feat well in the vicinity of Bane's feat.

StiltmanFTW

Silent Master
I see. So you are nitpicking stuff that doesn't change my point.
Ok, the mistake is assuming that each arm was exerting 1500lbs.
In actuality both arms were exerting ALMOST the same force (within 15% of each other). The chest muscles also help.

My point was that Cap supplied less than 1 ton of force on either arm. This puts the feat well in the vicinity of Bane's feat.

You still don't see the mistake you made, I thought you were supposed to be smart.

Silent Master
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

How long do you think it'll take for H1 to realize the mistake he's making?

HulkIsHulk
for example when War machine got injured Tony shot Falcon with a seemingly regular repulsar blast that took him out, yet Cap took a beating plus took 2 unshielded blasts to the same torso like Falcon and still got up ready for more.
Have you forgotten Iron Man dropping Cap (and Bucky too later) with a single repulsor blast, while being beat on no less:
http://i.imgur.com/O5B1pa5.gifv

In that same fight, Iron Man casually punched through a several inch thick wall and bodily yanked a guy through it with minimal effort. Hit another guy with a repulsor blast so hard that he actually cratered another wall on impact (it's actually the first repulsor in that gif, but the impact got cut off).
Actually, the guy hit by the first repulsor blast got blown straight through a wall. The wall cratering one was an uppercut

And Tony's suitcase armour (a lower-end, on-the-fly armour) sent a town car skidding like 20 feet with little more than a shove from his foot. Bucky's arm can knock chunks out of concrete. Iron Man casually put his arm through a concrete wall, and pulled someone back through it.
TBF, Bucky did punch through a wall while fighting the SWAT/CIA guys in his apartment

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
TBF, Bucky did punch through a wall while fighting the SWAT/CIA guys in his apartment

Well, point still stands. Even if the metal arm is equal in strength to one of IM's, the metal arm > Cap's arm strength.

HulkIsHulk
Well yeah, Bucky's metal arm is always portrayed as superior to Cap, but it gets confusing when BP does better against the arm than Cap but then Cap seems even with him.
As for the armor strength feats, there is also the cave suit hitting that locked metal door, causing it to dent and with a few more hits breaking the lock and knocking it off the hinges. While fighting Stane he caught a falling Audi Q7 (those things weigh around 2.3 tons) while at 20% power.

And I fail to see how Cap's H2H being better suddenly means their physical stats are comparable. The fact that, once the AI could track Cap's moves, Tony could easily catch a shield strike from Cap and bring it to a dead halt (similar to what Spiderman did to WS' metal arm, and Tony also actually did to the metal arm earlier in the fight as well), suggests Iron Man is stronger.

You're right,but the inconsistency of the fight hurts your argument as well.
Fight opens with as you said, Tony stunned Cap with a (thruster powered) backhand, then catching WS's punch
When Cap tackled him with the shield, Tony returned the favor with a booster powered shoulder tackle which sent Cap flying despite Cap blocking it with the shield. Red Skull, Bucky, Panther, Ultron, heck even Thor has yet to knock back Cap that far by hitting his shield. (lasers and bombs are another issue, but that's another argument)
Cap stopped a flying Iron Man cold by grabbing his leg in the opening of the fight, suggesting he might be stronger than Iron Man even with the boosters.
Tony was not even able to counteract the force of Cap falling while using his thrusters, then again fell down when Cap jumped on to him carrying Bucky even with the extra boost of his chest thrusters.
Iron Man barely rattled a metal paneling by knocking Bucky into it by a thruster powered kick, while the combined weight of him, Bucky and Cap was enough to knock a similar one clean off
Bucky was able to pry Cap's arm off his neck while Cap had him in the sleeper hold while only using the metal arm in TWS, while he failed to do that to Iron Man with both arms
Then Cap gets Iron Man in a sleeper then Iron Man seems to have trouble breaking that hold
Then Bucky overpowers Iron Man with his normal arm
Iron Man then even unable to even budge either of the arms even by pushing them at the elbow
He then catches the shield hit as you said
But unlike before several blows fail to keep him down
Then the beat up Cap lifts him up and tony is unable to escape even with the thrusters
In short, a clusterf*ck

Also, Bucky hit Tony with the shield edge twice in the fight. If the beat up Cap can cut that deep into the armor with the shield, the fight should have ended the first time Bucky got a hit in with the shield
http://i.imgur.com/3PL7kGa.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/rwN8NwL.gifv

If you look at the fight that mount wasn't really going to determine the end of the fight considering how much damage Cap can take
Cap was pinned and unable to move. It was a matter of how much it was going to take to down Cap after that. You could argue Cap would have got out that position by himself, but saying IM can't take down Cap in that position is a bit of reaching.

He also took repeated punches to the face from Winter soldier's left arm in the self titled film after the latter shot him several times. That arm can go through concrete as well.
You do realize Cap passed out at the end and had to be hospitalized right? And he was shot only a couple of times, one in the arm and one in the abdomen. Not that its bad, but he wasn't laughing them off either.

https://s9.postimg.org/mngejmtzv/ezgif-2-553212dca3.gif

https://s9.postimg.org/b9tv8fjh7/ezgif-2-cf2bf2572d.gif

https://s9.postimg.org/yqqbkxufv/ezgif-2-e06ec15a02.gif

And in Civil War Bucky oneshotted him with the metal arm when he was escaping.(I consider that PIS though, like many instances in the climax fight and elsewhere in the movie)

HulkIsHulk
Then there is this
http://i.imgur.com/BqOJc09.gifv

TheVaultDweller
Well, that's why I said in a much earlier post that the fight was all over the place. Either way, it's largely irrelevant. Bane is not even remotely comparable to Iron Man.

And Cap stopping a flying Iron Man actually makes no sense from a physics point of view. Cap wasn't holding onto or bracing against anything. So, his strength level should have been irrelevant, and he should simply have been pulled along.

h1a8
See movies are just as inconsistent as comics. Power levels fluctuate greatly from scene to scene and from movie to movie. We can't use feats to equate other showings when there is a gross contradiction.

I'm convinced that IM in the first movie was superior than IM in civil war or the avengers movies (at least in offense). Hell Thor is superior in his first movie than Thor from any avenger movie.

HulkIsHulk
Well, that's why I said in a much earlier post that the fight was all over the place. Either way, it's largely irrelevant. Bane is not even remotely comparable to Iron Man.

And Cap stopping a flying Iron Man actually makes no sense from a physics point of view. Cap wasn't holding onto or bracing against anything. So, his strength level should have been irrelevant, and he should simply have been pulled along.
Same as the helicopter? Heck the opening fight has him dropkicking a mook so hard that he flies away. According to Newton's third law Cap should have flown back quite a distance himself due to the recoil
And I don't know if you noticed but the gifv I posted Iron Man blocks a punch from Bucky's metal arm, right hooks him and pulls back that arm in time to block a shield strike from Cap. If he can do that to both of them together, he shouldn't be having trouble with just one.

I know you agree with that, just wanted to post it.

HulkIsHulk
Bane is not even remotely comparable to Iron Man.

To beat Bane, all Cap has to do is
http://i.imgur.com/LN3CVAT.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/LN3CVAT.gif

Adam Grimes
Cap stomps

Silent Master
See movies are just as inconsistent as comics. Power levels fluctuate greatly from scene to scene and from movie to movie. We can't use feats to equate other showings when there is a gross contradiction.

I'm convinced that IM in the first movie was superior than IM in civil war or the avengers movies (at least in offense). Hell Thor is superior in his first movie than Thor from any avenger movie.

Cap wins 10/10.

Badabing
This is Impediment's forum, so I will hold off nodding. But when I have to sort through several posts to delete personal links which shouldn't have been posted I am very tempted to hit the temp ban. Silent Master, debate the top and stop the nonsense. Everybody has been here long enough to know how most other people will post.

Silent Master
h1a8 has told us before that he's a teacher, so I wasn't posting anything he hasn't already told us. However I won't post anymore off board links like that.

That means you didn't understand. I'm used to it as I teach math. To shoot a bullet into the same bullet hole without increasing the hole size requires mm or better accuracy. For example, being slightly off from pure center would make the hole larger (hitting off center of the hole). DS shot many bullets in the same hole without making the hole larger.

I'm a teacher, I teach. It's my purpose.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12566629&highlight=teach+userid%3A61228#post12566629

I'm a math and science teacher. I can calculate with a good estimate of all the quantifiable feats you named. None of them come even to a trillionth of the power that Hulk display. If you disagree then please choose a feat by Thor. I promise to give you accurate estimation of the feat along with Hulk's feat. We can have fellow math/science members here review the findings. That way you will be convinced that if WBH sneezes Thor will die. Lol just kidding.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15277339&highlight=teacher+userid%3A61228#post15277339

LOL Im a math and science teacher. I can't help it.

h1a8
You should have just posted those quotes, not a link to a site I was involved in. It exposes my other hobby (which is information I didn't want revealed here).

Anyway, Bane is super smart. He goes into the fight knowing what Steve is capable of. He knows that he has to rely on skill and avoid, at all costs, being hit.
Steve will most likely pull his punches, unless you think that he was hitting those humans (who survived) with all his power.

Silent Master
Lol, that's your excuse for crying like a little baby. That I exposed a hobby? You could have just asked me to take it down.

KingD19
iz9AYF7eQEs
If this is what we call pulling punches, it doesn't matter. Bane still goes flying.

h1a8
Lol, that's your excuse for crying like a little baby. That I exposed a hobby? You could have just asked me to take it down. You flamed me. You seem to always flame. You rarely actually debate the topic. You throw insults, flame, troll, ignore evidence, etc.

If you disagree with someone's argument then you explicitly say why or offer a rebuttal. Why always flame and troll?

Silent Master
You flamed me. You seem to always flame. You rarely actually debate the topic. You throw insults, flame, troll, ignore evidence, etc.

If you disagree with someone's argument then you explicitly say why or offer a rebuttal. Why always flame and troll?

You flame and troll all the time, yet you don't see any of us reporting you.

h1a8
You flame and troll all the time, yet you don't see any of us reporting you. I never troll. Ever. Trolling is intentional. I always address the argument. I actually debate. I don't ignore someone's argument and flame them. You do this over 60% of the time.

Silent Master
I never troll. Ever. Trolling is intentional. I always address the argument. I actually debate. I don't ignore someone's argument and flame them. You do this over 60% of the time.

Not only do you flame and troll, you also lie and the above post is proof of it.

h1a8
Not only do you flame and troll, you also lie and the above post is proof of it. Prove that I troll. You know trolling is intentional right. I actually believe everything I argue. I will never intentionally troll. If I have good readon for something then I'm going to argue it.

I have flamed on occasion, but usually after I was flamed (call someone dumb). But this is extremely rare. I have probably said something flame worthy less than 5 times since I became a member on KMC(2005). You flame in more than 50% of your posts. I let so many go. But it gets abusive after a while.

Silent Master
You're already making excuses, you've basically said that no matter what information I provide you'll just claim it wasn't intentional and therefore not technically trolling.

This little semantics game you're trying to play right now, is all the proof I need that you're a troll.

h1a8
You're already making excuses, you've basically said that no matter what information I provide you'll just claim it wasn't intentional and therefore not technically trolling.

This little semantics game you're trying to play right now, is all the proof I need that you're a troll. Why would I lie? I swear that everything I argue I actually believe. I never once argued for a result in a fight I didn't believe.

If I said dumb things or was wrong then clearly it wasn't intentional.

If you can quote an argument I made that you believe I was intentionally trolling then we can have a judge of honest members decide if they think I was trolling. If they don't think I was trolling then that's evidence to support that I wasn't.

Silent Master
Why would I lie? I swear that everything I argue I actually believe. I never once argued for a result in a fight I didn't believe.

If I said dumb things or was wrong then clearly it wasn't intentional.

If you can quote an argument I made that you believe I was intentionally trolling then we can have a judge of honest members decide if they think I was trolling. If they don't think I was trolling then that's evidence to support that I wasn't.

Even if we believe you, the forum rules clearly state that on screen feats rule all and you argue that we should ignore screen feats and instead base everything on what you believe are the writer's intention. thus almost every one of your posts is trolling as you're knowingly and intentionally breaking the forum rules.

h1a8
Even if we believe you, the forum rules clearly state that on screen feats rule all and you argue that we should ignore screen feats and instead base everything on what you believe are the writer's intention. thus almost every one of your posts is trolling as you're knowingly and intentionally breaking the forum rules.

Now you are twisting things.
Writer's intentions is what creates on screen feats.
Writer's intentions are usually CLEAR.

Name or quote something of an example of what you are talking about.

Silent Master
Now you are twisting things.
Writer's intentions is what creates on screen feats.
Writer's intentions are usually CLEAR.

Name or quote something of an example of what you are talking about.

I'm not twisting anything, you choose what you believe are the writer's intentions over what the movies show. thus you are knowingly breaking the rules almost every time you post.

Six examples would be how you claim that Baleman, Bane and Miyagi are faster and more skilled than the movies show them to be.

KingD19
Another example is saying because Bane potentially busted a chunk of a column, he can do massive damage to Bucky who was just fine taking hits from Panther, Cap, and Iron-Man on a constant basis. While Bane can tank hits from Bucky's robo-arm with ease.

Silent Master
Another example is saying because Bane potentially busted a chunk of a column, he can do massive damage to Bucky who was just fine taking hits from Panther, Cap, and Iron-Man on a constant basis. While Bane can tank hits from Bucky's robo-arm with ease.

Have you noticed that he's never posted a durability feat to justify his claim in regards to Bane being able tank hits from Bucky?

KingD19
Have you noticed that he's never posted a durability feat to justify his claim in regards to Bane being able tank hits from Bucky?

I guess being injured by random prisoners to the point he needs a built-in Morphine drip and beaten by Post-Prison Batman with the robo-brace makes you a tank of epic proportions.

Inhuman
You must prove that the toy submarine glass has the same durability as a full size submarine.

Post proof that the submarine was a "TOY" submarine.

h1a8
Post proof that the submarine was a "TOY" submarine. lol. You honestly thought that I literally meant "toy" as in a kid's plaything?

It was just an expression to mean lesser than the real thing. Like the term, "toy cop".

h1a8
Have you noticed that he's never posted a durability feat to justify his claim in regards to Bane being able tank hits from Bucky? No selling Batman's haymakers.
Bane can easily avoid getting hit by Bucky for the vast majority of the time.

Inhuman
lol. You honestly thought that I literally meant "toy" as in a kid's plaything?

It was just an expression to mean lesser than the real thing. Like the term, "toy cop".

In the film it is clearly stated that the sub was a highly advanced Hydra submarine. Much more than a common submarine.

Your low balling attempt failed again.

Silent Master
No selling Batman's haymakers.
Bane can easily avoid getting hit by Bucky for the vast majority of the time.

That is like saying no selling a nerf bat is proof that you can withstand getting hit by a real baseball bat.

How about posting actual proof?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>