Doc Samson Vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/90/19/4790194390b2b3f844bf0e9249678694.jpg

Classic versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/eb/e9/b9/ebe9b9e7029bd619367bb4f86aadabd8.jpg

emu
Logan wins

deathslash
Pretty much any brick vs wolverine results in a fairly simple victory for Logan.

Nuke Nixon
If Logan can survive Hulk then Samson shouldn't be too much of a problem.

StiltmanFTW
Logan's faster, can take Samson's punches if he needs to... they already fought in comics, with Wolverine looking superior.

Btw, not a fan of what Marvel's been doing with the character in the recent years... imo, Samson's works best when he's one of the good guys and collected, not some cheap psycho villain - we have plenty of those running around.

leonidas
logan kills him without much trouble at all.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Logan's faster, can take Samson's punches if he needs to... they already fought in comics, with Wolverine looking superior.

Btw, not a fan of what Marvel's been doing with the character in the recent years... imo, Samson's works best when he's one of the good guys and collected, not some cheap psycho villain - we have plenty of those running around.
Yes we do.
We really dont need a green haired Sentry.

Sin I AM
Never understood y a brick didnt just grab a tree a knock logan to the next state

leonidas
in the forum ring-type scenario that isn't an option. it has happened to him several times where he's he punched for a bfr. just doesn't apply here.

DarkSaint85
Gorgon DID kick Wolvey to Georgia...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tAI0rMmCCTo/Vf2yUATg-EI/AAAAAAAAtS0/rxgL0OxK1Ss/s1600/xmenfc2_a.jpg

But yeah, someone as smart as Doc SHOULD be able to figure it out. Whether he is fast enough, though, is another matter.

Sin I AM
Lol they speak english there? And which gorgon the inhuman?

Originally posted by leonidas
in the forum ring-type scenario that isn't an option. it has happened to him several times where he's he punched for a bfr. just doesn't apply here.

Wonder how hard it be to grab a wrist or a leg. True logan may get a lucky swipe in

leonidas
yep, that's the problem. and even grabbing and throwing him isn't gonna do too much given his healing factor. but trying to get in close is the real trick. samson would literally have to go wwh and just grab him and beat him against the ground a dozen times until logan is ko'd. possible? maybe, but logan is faster and far more skilled. odds are samson gets gutted in the attempt. this is a hard one for the brick who isn't especially strong, fast or durable. /shrug

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Never understood y a brick didnt just grab a tree a knock logan to the next state
Same.
I mean, some bricks have been shown to do it...
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11957/765237-wonderman_vs_logan_ic5.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/87/37/17873726ac533c96c06f20ef705c33b6.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2vlmx35.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gAJHaCR.jpg
...to one degree or another.
I really dont wanna argue the results (personally, though i was hoping for less one sided) though, just curious as to what they'd be.

deathslash
Never understood y a brick didnt just grab a tree a knock logan to the next state because Logan is fast enough to cut the portion of the tree that's going to hit him in order to mitigate the hit that he would take.

zopzop
I like Doc Samson but even I realize he dies horribly here.

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
because Logan is fast enough to cut the portion of the tree that's going to hit him in order to mitigate the hit that he would take.
Eh, maybe. Not every single tine.

carver9
Every single. Wolverine is extremely hard to hit. Also, those scans you posted have context.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by zopzop
I like Doc Samson but even I realize he dies horribly here.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/6f69408bcfc487eecb35650a852b4a0a/tumblr_o2lrnfJUJC1v84l7jo1_500.gif

darthgoober
Doc's screwed here. OP bars BFR and that's the only "safe" way for him to win.

Sin I AM
because Logan is fast enough to cut the portion of the tree that's going to hit him in order to mitigate the hit that he would take.

Lol no

Originally posted by riv6672

Exactly

Originally posted by carver9
Every single. Wolverine is extremely hard to hit. Also, those scans you posted have context.

Lol no

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tAI0rMmCCTo/Vf2yUATg-EI/AAAAAAAAtS0/rxgL0OxK1Ss/s1600/xmenfc2_a.jpg

But yeah, someone as smart as Doc SHOULD be able to figure it out. Whether he is fast enough, though, is another matter.

Just rip up the ground with Logan on it.

The environment still has a surface, doesnt it? Or are they floating in space?

StiltmanFTW

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/1078132-wolverine___vol._3__22_page_14.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Also, those scans you posted have context.

He's aware of it.

1 - blindsided with a nasty combo, yet HF still kept him conscious (even if just barely - Simon sure seemed to be on a good way to score a KO).

2 - made his way back to the battlefield (under his own power and in reasonable time, as KMC requires him to), just bruised. Thing was in a world of pain after a single slash.

3 - the scan is pretty self-explanatory. Rogue fastball special'd Logan into the Thing the page before it.

4 - before his healing factor. With HF:

http://i.imgur.com/iPULgYa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HmaFc4p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7Oc3l0O.jpg

Mr Master
Damn, I remember "classic" Doc being very fast,
fast enough to catch up to a speeding mini-truck while he was borrowing under/through the ground,
and strong/durable enough to stalemate a raging Banner-less Hulk for 6 hours until interrupted. (he never loss)

Well, that's Byrne's Samson at-least, which imo, was portrayed at his best.

Doc's fighting skill is sub-par, but he's tough enough to take and dish significant punishment.

Again, "classic" as in Byrne's depictions.

wuleecat
What about if 'the brick' (whoever it might be) just hits Wolverine hard enough that it drives him straight into the ground , like some sort of human tent peg? His skeleton would survive the 'process' even if it ripped all his flesh off, and he'd still (hideous thought) be alive. But would that count as 'Battlefield Removal'? I mean, if we could see his head popping out the top like a weird carrot top, technically he's still in the battle, even if his arms are pinned and he can't do f-all about it.

cdtm
That should do it.

deathslash
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/1078132-wolverine___vol._3__22_page_14.jpg thumb up Originally posted by wuleecat
What about if 'the brick' (whoever it might be) just hits Wolverine hard enough that it drives him straight into the ground , like some sort of human tent peg? His skeleton would survive the 'process' even if it ripped all his flesh off, and he'd still (hideous thought) be alive. But would that count as 'Battlefield Removal'? I mean, if we could see his head popping out the top like a weird carrot top, technically he's still in the battle, even if his arms are pinned and he can't do f-all about it. that could work, but the problem is whether or not the brick can do that before Logan turns them into chunky salsa.

DeadpoolXXX
yeah, wolverine should take this pretty soundly.

darthgoober
Originally posted by wuleecat
What about if 'the brick' (whoever it might be) just hits Wolverine hard enough that it drives him straight into the ground , like some sort of human tent peg? His skeleton would survive the 'process' even if it ripped all his flesh off, and he'd still (hideous thought) be alive. But would that count as 'Battlefield Removal'? I mean, if we could see his head popping out the top like a weird carrot top, technically he's still in the battle, even if his arms are pinned and he can't do f-all about it.
Here's the thing. Most of the time someone's driven into the ground like a peg, they're the "tough on the outside with super strength" type. Because in reality, anyone without a degree of invulnerability/super strength just crumples into a heap when they're hit from above with massive force. I suspect it'd be no different with Wolverine. He's much more likely to fold, then jump back up than he is to be turned into a railroad spike. Knocking through the floor in a multi story building is one thing, but driving him into solid dirt... I just don't see it.

h1a8
In reality Logan would be a splatter of blood and skeleton from strikes against Doc and above. He's not bulletproof. Bullets pierce his flesh as easy as a normal human. That means he will get a significant portion of his flesh knocked off from hits from class 50 and above characters. His brain would be mush from the concussion he would receive from hits to the head.

-K-M-

4 - before his healing factor. With HF:

http://i.imgur.com/iPULgYa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HmaFc4p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7Oc3l0O.jpg

Before healing factor? He had it in uncanny. Also the scans you posted were a mind controlled Walter. Hardly true representation and can post hundreds of scans of him being affected by far far less . So logical conclusion mind control affected Walter or more then likely bad writing. I will scan dump you *shakes fist*

riv6672
I call bullshit.
Wolverine gets hit ALL THE TIME.
Thats what lets his HF get all the uber feats it has.

In other words:
Lol no

Exactly

Lol no

cdtm
^^^ Exactly. He's like that character Immortal Man who gets killed two times an issue. Saying Logan doesn't get hit is a lol statement to anyone who reads any fives of his comics.

Spidey, he ain't.

Horrificus
Would Logan survive being driven into the earth, hard and far enough, that he finds himself plunking into a sea of magma?

Ize19
Originally posted by -K-M-
Before healing factor? He had it in uncanny. Also the scans you posted were a mind controlled Walter. Hardly true representation and can post hundreds of scans of him being affected by far far less . So logical conclusion mind control affected Walter or more then likely bad writing. I will scan dump you *shakes fist*

He didn't officially have a healing factor until almost two years after that issue, the scene Stilt posted was clearly depicted to contrast with their first confrontation, and there are more examples of Wolverine withstanding tremendous amounts of punishment than there are of him being knocked out by it, a lot more.

Wolverine wins, Samson's the kind of character he was built to destroy.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Horrificus
Would Logan survive being driven into the earth, hard and far enough, that he finds himself plunking into a sea of magma?

I don't think he can, tbh. His joints still fold. He's not a solid tent peg.

Horrificus
I don't think he can, tbh. His joints still fold. He's not a solid tent peg. agreed.
Well, I think a "pulverized Logan", jammed in bedrock, or eternally burned to a crisp in a sea of lava, even while his body tries to heal itself, could or should b counted as a "win". And that's just off the top of my head. There are plenty if scenarios that a smart character like Samson could come up with. And he has the strength to do it.

If u guys want to say Samson wiuld get sliced if he got too close, ir that Logan could avoid a tree being used as a baseball bat, I would have to go ahead and say that Logan cant avoid a fire engine beibg used as a club.

The point is, Samson is still in the game. Or should b.

emu
agreed.
Well, I think a "pulverized Logan", jammed in bedrock, or eternally burned to a crisp in a sea of lava, even while his body tries to heal itself, could or should b counted as a "win". And that's just off the top of my head. There are plenty if scenarios that a smart character like Samson could come up with. And he has the strength to do it.

If u guys want to say Samson wiuld get sliced if he got too close, ir that Logan could avoid a tree being used as a baseball bat, I would have to go ahead and say that Logan cant avoid a fire engine beibg used as a club.

The point is, Samson is still in the game. Or should b. Samson would do shit to Logan doing what you're describing.
To get a ko he's got to get in close and compound damage the hell out of Logan.

Try doing that and Logan will sheathe his claws and simply kick Samson's guts in.

And when Logan gets smeared into the ground, most times its hard enough to create a crater. No one's jamming him in bedrock lol.

riv6672
lol fan-ism.

emu
lol fan-ism. Telling me Samson can hang with Logan h2h?

riv6672
No, that was me loling at what you said, which was pretty funny.

emu
No, that was me loling at what you said, which was pretty funny. lol, so I broke my phone for nothing.

Horrificus
Originally posted by emu
Samson would do shit to Logan doing what you're describing.
To get a ko he's got to get in close and compound damage the hell out of Logan.

Try doing that and Logan will sheathe his claws and simply kick Samson's guts in.

And when Logan gets smeared into the ground, most times its hard enough to create a crater. No one's jamming him in bedrock lol. um... wow.
NOW I'm SURE.

There r about a thousand ways to beat Logan. And since it has been shown that Samson is capable of being the "evil genius" type, on top of his Hulkesque powers, It makes me think he will b more likely to try them.

Samson for the win.

h1a8
In reality Logan would be a splatter of blood and skeleton from strikes against Doc and above. He's not bulletproof. Bullets pierce his flesh as easy as a normal human. That means he will get a significant portion of his flesh knocked off from hits from class 50 and above characters. His brain would be mush from the concussion he would receive from hits to the head.

DarkSaint85
A bop to the head should make his hip/shin bones burst through his soft mutie flesh.

emu
Originally posted by h1a8
In reality Logan would be a splatter of blood and skeleton from strikes against Doc and above. He's not bulletproof. Bullets pierce his flesh as easy as a normal human. That means he will get a significant portion of his flesh knocked off from hits from class 50 and above characters. His brain would be mush from the concussion he would receive from hits to the head. In reality you should read up on Logans history against bricks.

emu
um... wow.
NOW I'm SURE.

There r about a thousand ways to beat Logan. And since it has been shown that Samson is capable of being the "evil genius" type, on top of his Hulkesque powers, It makes me think he will b more likely to try them.

Samson for the win. You can name a thousand ways to kill Logan?

Name the number of times Wolverine has genuinely died.

Give me 3 examples of how he died, and then explain how Samson can use that against Logan.

A bonk on the head or Sam being a type of evil genius isn't going to do it lol.

h1a8
Originally posted by emu
In reality you should read up on Logans history against bricks.

I Have. They are mostly stupid and inconsistent with the fact that Logan's flesh is on par with human flesh. He can be cut just as easily as a human. Bullets go through him just as easily as humans.

Steel is at least tens of times more durable than Logan's flesh. Yet steel is like tissue paper to a brick. One hit from a brick would do so crazy shit to Logan's body.

Finally, most lightweight bricks are significantly faster than a human in punching speed. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to generate the tons of force with human level mass and slow speed.

emu
I Have. They are mostly stupid and inconsistent with the fact that Logan's flesh is on par with human flesh. He can be cut just as easily as a human. Bullets go through him just as easily as humans.

Steel is at least tens of times more durable than Logan's flesh. Yet steel is like tissue paper to a brick. One hit from a brick would do so crazy shit to Logan's body.

Finally, most lightweight bricks are significantly faster than a human in punching speed. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to generate the tons of force with human level mass and slow speed. Deny feats because a work of fiction ignores our worlds physics lol.

I would love to know what screams through your mind when you read a comic.

deathslash

Finally, most lightweight bricks are significantly faster than a human in punching speed. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to generate the tons of force with human level mass and slow speed. almost as rediculous as Superman stopping a plane from falling out of the sky when his incredibly small (in comparison to the plane) hands would puncture it. Not nearly as rediculous as the flash travelling hundreds of times faster than the speed of light with there being no negative affect on the earth. Oh wait, you don't discount those do you?

riv6672
Originally posted by emu
You can name a thousand ways to kill Logan?

Name the number of times Wolverine has genuinely died.

Give me 3 examples of how he died, and then explain how Samson can use that against Logan.

A bonk on the head or Sam being a type of evil genius isn't going to do it lol.
He said 'beat' not 'kill'.
But i get that didnt fit your narrative, so you ignored it for your rant.

'lol'

-K-M-
Actually as noted by wolverine he has died HUNDREDS of times. Every time he died he fought Lazaer and if Wolverine defeated him, he got to come back to life. He eventually lost this immortality and wolverine commented his healing factor was diminished. Drowning could always kill him as he noted but don't see Sampson using that here

Now on that note. I do think wolverine can win this

StiltmanFTW
Munginaq could probably get a KO win in 8 hours or more...

krisblaze
Samson kills him.

h1a8 has a really good point btw

When someone with class 100 strength punches Wolverine the skin should fly off him and every organ should implode.

StiltmanFTW
It was stated that his organs and muscles get turned into jelly with such hits, yet he regenerates in time to gut those freaks.

Samson couldn't win a fight if his life depended on it, being just a supporting character like Robbie Robertson.

krisblaze
I remember it being mentioned in the Namor mini.

I guess it's one of those things that would be too gritty to keep.

StiltmanFTW
Vs. Hulk, vs. Morlock outcasts too.

Eternal Idol
Wolverine has downed the Thing a few times with some good slashes and stabs. Samson isn't as strong, nor as durable, nor as skilled as the Thing. He is Thing-lite, and would get carved up by Wolverine more often than not.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=404434&pagenumber=1

StiltmanFTW
With one slash.

With one stab.

Yes, Samson is going down.

leonidas
yeah i don't really find this thread to be even debatable tbh. logan has also downed the abomination iirc. samson has essentially no shot, not if we go by comics and accumulated feats. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Let's assume Samshot can indeed one-shot Logan... in a non-bfr scenario --- okay, then he needs some SERIOUS speed. He doesn't have it.

Wolverine does. And the claws that went right through Terminus and penetrated Gladiator's shoulder and Hulk's skull can surely one-shot Samson.

riv6672
Originally posted by -K-M-
Actually as noted by wolverine he has died HUNDREDS of times. Every time he died he fought Lazaer and if Wolverine defeated him, he got to come back to life. He eventually lost this immortality and wolverine commented his healing factor was diminished. Drowning could always kill him as he noted but don't see Sampson using that here

Now on that note. I do think wolverine can win this
I think he can, too.

I'm (personally) just commenting on some of the outrageous claims being made, like he never gets hit, or just going to beat Samson down in a fist fight, sans claws.

Horrificus
Ok. Logan ftw.

riv6672
yeah i don't really find this thread to be even debatable tbh. logan has also downed the abomination iirc. samson has essentially no shot, not if we go by comics and accumulated feats. /shrug
If you're going there, Samson has KOd the hilk (with context). Wolverine has been KOd by much less power than that.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/443/82985-2498-doc-samson.jpg

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0da74a941d99950e32d492c29d15bff3

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83001/3592355-hulk+knockout.jpg

deathslash
yeah i don't really find this thread to be even debatable tbh. logan has also downed the abomination iirc. samson has essentially no shot, not if we go by comics and accumulated feats. /shrug the only reason it's still being debated is because any time a wolverine vs thread comes out, at least one poster says "No. Logan getting hit by a 100 tonner would kill him!" in spite of all of the showings to the contrary. Several posters then proceed to jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah, one punch will leave him without his skin!" and they proceed to back this up by providing scans without the context, low showings, and generally bringing real world logic into a comic book debate.

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just letting you know what the pattern is.

leonidas
If you're going there, Samson has KOd the hilk (with context). Wolverine has been KOd by much less power than that.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/443/82985-2498-doc-samson.jpg

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0da74a941d99950e32d492c29d15bff3

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83001/3592355-hulk+knockout.jpg

and he's easily tanked more than that too--too many times to ignore.

sure samson has a couple decent showings. no one is saying he doesn't. but if you go the route you just did he REALLY has no shot because you're choosing to look at his best feats. if we go by best feats samson gets utterly and completely buried. if we look at their respect averages, logan kills him without all that much trouble. his showings against bricks is simply too telling, as are his feats. for samson to have any chance here we literally have to ignore....dozens upon dozens of logan's feats. and i'm not talking about his best ones. samson has no great healing feats even to try and keep him in this. like i said, he really doesn't stand almost any chance here, barring flat out ignoring logan's history. /shrug

emu
He said 'beat' not 'kill'.
But i get that didnt fit your narrative, so you ignored it for your rant.

'lol' This is Doc Samson we're talking about here. He punches moderately hard.

So when I read ' a thousand ways to beat' yeah, I went a little hysterical and ranted a bit.

But until I bring reality and math into the discussion thumb up

emu
At Deathslash thumb up

h1a8
Let's assume Samshot can indeed one-shot Logan... in a non-bfr scenario --- okay, then he needs some SERIOUS speed. He doesn't have it.

Wolverine does. And the claws that went right through Terminus and penetrated Gladiator's shoulder and Hulk's skull can surely one-shot Samson. Good argument. The problem is he does have speed. He can generate faster than bullet speed punches. Barring PIS, Logan is not dodging that type of speed.

emu
Good argument. The problem is he does have speed. He can generate faster than bullet speed punches. Barring PIS, Logan is not dodging that type of speed. laughing

Even if you are right, Logan doesn't have to dodge. He takes it and retaliates.
If his claws are out Doc dies.

For KMC's sake, read Wolverine #1 onwards.

Delta1938

Lol they speak english there?

I've encountered many people from all over Europe who speak perfectly competent English as a second language, so it's certainly plausible. I'd be scratching my head more that Wolverine didn't notice the accent than the farmer happens to speak English.

riv6672
Originally posted by emu
This is Doc Samson we're talking about here. He punches moderately hard.

So when I read ' a thousand ways to beat' yeah, I went a little hysterical and ranted a bit.

But until I bring reality and math into the discussion thumb up
Yeah, you were wrong. I got that part.

riv6672
and he's easily tanked more than that too--too many times to ignore.

sure samson has a couple decent showings. no one is saying he doesn't.
Actually the implication has been, he doesnt.
Of course ppl are also claiming Wolverine doesnt get hit, and could beat Samson up with just his fists.

The scans i posted were just in response to leonidas' huge low balls.
Just to show outrageous claims work both ways.

emu
Yeah, you were wrong. I got that part. Thanks for schooling me.
Let me know when you know anything about anything else.

riv6672
thumb up

emu
Christ lol

emu
Just realised riv has a thing for Leo's balls.

Horrificus
How many bricks has Logan killed?

More specifically, how many bricks of the 70 ton level and above?
Anyone? Anyone?

Or, simply defeated? Im just curious.

Funny thing... I had conceded and decided that Logan takes this match. But, the more emu contributes, the more Im thinking I was correct in backing Samson.

riv6672
He has that effect. Might be the almost constant use of 'lol'. Hard to take someone seriously who's perpetually giggling to and at himself.
Ever see that in RL? Creepy.

emu
Lulz.

C'mon guys, don't be like that. Just read a Wolverine comic or two.

riv6672
lol

Delta1938
Originally posted by emu
Lulz.

C'mon guys, don't be like that. Just read a Wolverine comic or two.

I have to agree with Riv on your overuse of lol.

leonidas
Actually the implication has been, he doesnt.
Of course ppl are also claiming Wolverine doesnt get hit, and could beat Samson up with just his fists.

The scans i posted were just in response to leonidas' huge low balls.
Just to show outrageous claims work both ways.

lol

low ball? feel free to go ahead and post all these awesome feats from samson, i can't wait to see them. and once you have found the odd couple of them, then we can post a few logan scans and then let the evidence be the final judge. most don't need to see the evidence because logan's history is so well established, but i'm good to go if that's what you need to see the mismatch this essentially is. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I note you didn't dispute the size sneer

riv6672
^^^laughing out loud

Nah, i'm good no matter who wins the match up.
I've just been touching on some of the claims being made.

cdtm

Wolverine does. And the claws that went right through Terminus and penetrated Gladiator's shoulder and Hulk's skull can surely one-shot Samson.

Samson can keep up with "super speedster" (apparently) Hulk. thumb up

riv6672
^^^he's pretty agile, too.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/2806444-samson_feat_training.png

Old school scan! stick out tongue laughing

Horrificus
Hard to take someone seriously who's perpetually giggling to and at himself. yes, most disturbing. But, that describes most of us in here!

Got me thinking...

Honestly, everybody in this forum would have to admit, that they have found themselves alone, reading a comic book, giggling at some inside joke in the story, that only another comic book nerd would get. Ya look around the room, realize there is nobody around to share it with and go back to reading, with a goofy smile on yer face!

Sad, but hilarious.

Horrificus
Originally posted by emu
Lulz.

C'mon guys, don't be like that. Just read a Wolverine comic or two. dont worry, we understand. U got yer first comic book recently, with Logan on the cover. Reading it over and over. Its easy to get carried away. big grin

Just messin with u man.

h1a8
Originally posted by emu
laughing

Even if you are right, Logan doesn't have to dodge. He takes it and retaliates.
If his claws are out Doc dies.

For KMC's sake, read Wolverine #1 onwards.

Chunks of his flesh would be knocked off. Or his brain would become smush. He will be instantly koed. Remember Logan's flesh is approximately human level.

StiltmanFTW
Gee, if only he had some healing superpower or something...

deathslash
Chunks of his flesh would be knocked off. Or his brain would become smush. He will be instantly koed. Remember Logan's flesh is approximately human level. if only we had showings that directly flies in the face of what your saying.

leonidas
years ago i had a rather....intense logan discussion with none other than jinzen and srank! lol if you thought going against abhi and phil in a superman discussion can be tough, try taking those 2 on against logan. lol anyway, we covered a lot of ground and one area that kept coming up was the illogical nature of logan's powers. real world logic fails almost entirely when dealing with him, hence why he can be so frustrating to debate against in many cases. we take logan as we see him in comics, and that's where things with him really need to end. moreso even than with many characters. what "should happen" with logan, just....usually doesn't. and arguing it should is pointless.
/shrug

DarkSaint85
Chunks of his flesh would be knocked off. Or his brain would become smush. He will be instantly koed. Remember Logan's flesh is approximately human level.

Got scans of his flesh being knocked off? Or of his brain turning into mush?

WWH, who was the strongest Hulk to date at the time, couldn't do it in a single punch, despite trying his hardest to be as efficient and as quick as possible.

And Samson is a poor man's Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
He does get turned into jelly after Class 100 hits - as stated on panel numerous times - he just recovers really fast, as that's his main power...

riv6672
^^^agreed. Which is why he's shown getting hit. All the time. stick out tongue

Damborgson
years ago i had a rather....intense logan discussion with none other than jinzen and srank! lol if you thought going against abhi and phil in a superman discussion can be tough, try taking those 2 on against logan. lol anyway, we covered a lot of ground and one area that kept coming up was the illogical nature of logan's powers. real world logic fails almost entirely when dealing with him, hence why he can be so frustrating to debate against in many cases. we take logan as we see him in comics, and that's where things with him really need to end. moreso even than with many characters. what "should happen" with logan, just....usually doesn't. and arguing it should is pointless.
/shrug

I had a similar discussion. But its true. Wolverine doesnt seem like such a threat on paper, but hitting him isn't usually enough to put him down.

Samson loses 10/10 to be honest. He's not the Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
^^^agreed. Which is why he's shown getting hit. All the time. stick out tongue

Sure.

http://i.imgur.com/K1xfh2F.png

But he can dodge fine if he wants to:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3652995-midget.png

riv6672
I never said he couldnt.

Sin said:
I said:

Same.
I mean, some bricks have been shown to do it...
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11957/765237-wonderman_vs_logan_ic5.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/87/37/17873726ac533c96c06f20ef705c33b6.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2vlmx35.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gAJHaCR.jpg
...to one degree or another.
I really dont wanna argue the results (personally, though i was hoping for less one sided) though, just curious as to what they'd be.
deathslash said:
I said:
Carver said...

And i called bullshit.

Thats not even mentioning the Wolvie will just beat Samson using only his fists claims.
This thread's been full of win!

EDIT:
Totally sharing that days of the week pic, thanks!

cdtm
I can only think of one example where Logan beat up an class 100er with his fists.. Deaths Head II/Minion, in that British battle arena series (Forget it's name, but it was pretty popular.. "Battletide", maybe?)

Wasn't alone though, he was working with Creed. Both mind controlled, too.

h1a8
Got scans of his flesh being knocked off? Or of his brain turning into mush?

WWH, who was the strongest Hulk to date at the time, couldn't do it in a single punch, despite trying his hardest to be as efficient and as quick as possible.

And Samson is a poor man's Hulk. Yes, by bullets and swords.

My argument is that IT SHOULD HAPPEN since Logan is not bulletproof or cut proof. I'm thinking of opening a thread, "Logan's flesh vs.".

Battle 1: A 6sq in slab of Logan's flesh is lying around. Captain America picks it up and tries to tear it in half. Who wins?

Battle 2: Logan's Brain is lying around. Captain America pounds it with his fist in order to splatter it. Who wins?

psycho gundam
Yeah..those scans weren't going to be posted even at gunpoint

riv6672
You know, there's been a lot of claims made in this thread, many of them pretty out there.
I'm bored, so i'm going to make a claim, too; sonething i thought about while i was offline.

A basic forum fight, which this is, starts at roughly a quarter mile apart, in a featureless environment.
A character with any kind of decent ranged attack, which Doc Samson has...

http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/sixteen2/world-war-hulk-001-wham.jpg

...goes into that fight with a significant advantage over a character that has to cover that quarter mile before getting into a position to do anything.

And thunderclaps are effective against Wolverine by his own admission.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117571/3977852-greyhulkthunderclap.jpg

The above wasnt a firum fight, so the fight got physical.
Doc Samson can simply spam thinderclaps in this fight for a 10/10 win ratio, really.

Quick Freeze
/shrug

When was this??

lft4ded
You know, there's been a lot of claims made in this thread, many of them pretty out there.
I'm bored, so i'm going to make a claim, too; sonething i thought about while i was offline.

A basic forum fight, which this is, starts at roughly a quarter mile apart, in a featureless environment.
A character with any kind of decent ranged attack, which Doc Samson has...

http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/sixteen2/world-war-hulk-001-wham.jpg

...goes into that fight with a significant advantage over a character that has to cover that quarter mile before getting into a position to do anything.

And thunderclaps are effective against Wolverine by his own admission.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117571/3977852-greyhulkthunderclap.jpg

The above wasnt a firum fight, so the fight got physical.
Doc Samson can simply spam thinderclaps in this fight for a 10/10 win ratio, really.

In forum fights do the participants have knowledge of the previous rounds? Doc can be cocky and the look of pain after the first thunderclap may stroke his ego enough so he'd want to rush in and finish it up close and personal...and lose his guts in the process.

With retention of the previous bouts he may resort to spamming the t-clap as he closes the distance...though if he does it enough to deafen Wolverine, reducing the aural advantage though not the concussive force, before his healing factor can repair his hearing he may lose that one too.

StiltmanFTW
Fixit almost lost his life after pissing Logan off with a thunderclap, lol.

Doc doesn't have Joe's hf.

cdtm
Any brick can beat Wolverine.

Just put a rock on him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Any brick can beat Wolverine.

Just put a rock on him.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/17a17ae6b93faf667b39af6d8fe34d68/tenor.gif

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wVcM1yx6VcA/maxresdefault.jpg

Quick Freeze
Is Wolverine the Bugs Bunny of Marvel? Super popular. Usually wins or overcomes insurmountable odds. Named after a rodent...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Is Wolverine the Bugs Bunny of Marvel? Super popular. Usually wins or overcomes insurmountable odds. Named after a rodent...

He was always written as an underdog overcoming impossible odds and raping cd's and quick's anuses, that's nothing new.

Parker is more like Bugs, though.

Quick Freeze

cdtm

StiltmanFTW
X did that to Wolverine who went through his whole personal army while intoxicated and then beat his best Assassins Squad.

When writers want him beat, they have him running through gauntlets of enemies, so his hf can be overloaded.

It's not rocket science.

cdtm
What army did he run through when Castle and Matt took him down? smile

StiltmanFTW
Castle --- mafia army.

Matt --- he literally just beat Spider-Man and Matt got lucky.

cdtm
Castle --- mafia army.

Matt --- he literally just beat Spider-Man and Matt got lucky.

Kind of a stretch calling that a fight, considering Peter never really did anything. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Well, he webbed Logan's arms up and tried to restrain him. Failed both times, though, true that.

Wolverine didn't need his claws or hf when it was Matt who provoked the fight.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
I can only think of one example where Logan beat up an class 100er with his fists.. Deaths Head II/Minion, in that British battle arena series (Forget it's name, but it was pretty popular.. "Battletide", maybe?)

Wasn't alone though, he was working with Creed. Both mind controlled, too.

Creed was busy fighting Killpower.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.