Worst Characters to Feature in Versus Threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
I only joined KMC Forums at the end of last year, but I've looked over the past few years of forums with the most views and/or replies, plus I'm sure we've all noticed some recent trends with the current plethora of "Bane vs >insert character here<" threads.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss what characters are the worst to put in a vs thread. I don't mean the character that would be beaten the easiest, I mean what characters are too abstract, don't have enough feats, get hyped too much, etc.

For example, an h1a8 backed Bane vs a Quan backed Khan could potentially crash the server for our fair forum here at KMC.

Any other candidates?

Everyone have a nice day, including h1 and Quan cool

Surtur
Well it's like you said, abstracts, people who don't have enough feats, etc.

For example I don't think all of the "Endless" have feats, though they are all said to be immensely powerful.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Surtur
Well it's like you said, abstracts, people who don't have enough feats, etc.

For example I don't think all of the "Endless" have feats, though they are all said to be immensely powerful.

Ya the obvious ones like Odin, Thanos from MCU. Origins in another form of media, but haven't really shown too much (Odin) or anything yet (Thanos).

For example, I was thinking more like a Harry Potter kinda character: no experience of combat outside of their universe's specialty (dueling/multiple opponent magic).

TheVaultDweller
Well, three characters that I think are problem characters in debates are Hancock, Dr Manhattan and Dormammu. And the issue is that we have no real idea of what their limits are, especially with regards to what it would actually take to hurt/defeat them.

For example, Hancock was portrayed as virtually invulnerable unless he had prolonged exposure to Mary. But we don't know if he genuinely is invulnerable, or if it is simply a case of needing someone on a higher power level to do the job.

Similar with Dr Manhattan. He was pretty much god-like in his universe, but he was also the only legitimate full-blown superhuman in his universe, so no one else really posed a threat.

And Dormammu had to get trolled by Strange into leaving, so we don't actually know of he can be defeated through sheer raw power.

Inhuman
Bane is a bad character for the VS. forums because people want to seem to defend Bane based on what he 'Should" be capable of more than what is "shown" in the actual movie.

So it becomes an argument based on the Bane's lore or implied/assumed skills and specs.
What is actually shown is that Bane is a slow not so skilled brawler that was bested by an over-the-hill, slow and not so skilled Batman.

So its hard to give Bane a win vs anyone that is highly skilled because of Bane's movie feats.

Same goes for Baleman.

Solid47
Baleman, Miyagi, McClane and any character backed by Dexx.

FrothByte
Fox QS, Adam West Batman and Reeve Superman are all also too OP for vs. matches. I've also found Dr. Strange with time stone very hard to debate on.

I've also had such a headache when debating against characters who have both live action and cartoon counterparts. For example, Star Wars characters. Because the cartoon counterparts are almost always a lot more powerful than their live movie versions, and it makes it very hard to gauge what they can and can't do.

jaden101
It's almost pointless to argue for characters that use intelligence rather than power to defeat their enemies. Lex Luthor in his various incarnations, Zemo etc even though they've arguably done better against their opponents than many super powered adversaries.

John Murdoch
Thanks for all the responses guys. All are great examples so far, IMO.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Fox QS, Adam West Batman and Reeve Superman are all also too OP for vs. matches. I've also found Dr. Strange with time stone very hard to debate on.

I've also had such a headache when debating against characters who have both live action and cartoon counterparts. For example, Star Wars characters. Because the cartoon counterparts are almost always a lot more powerful than their live movie versions, and it makes it very hard to gauge what they can and can't do.

Yep I was going to mention Star Wars Sith and Jedi specifically as well, Froth. The cartoon vs movie feats issue, plus the ability to TK means that they should insta-kill/KO about any foe barring someone that is just really uber (e.g., Superman) or has anti-TK abilities (e.g., another Force user).

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Inhuman
Bane is a bad character for the VS. forums because people want to seem to defend Bane based on what he 'Should" be capable of more than what is "shown" in the actual movie.

So it becomes an argument based on the Bane's lore or implied/assumed skills and specs.
What is actually shown is that Bane is a slow not so skilled brawler that was bested by an over-the-hill, slow and not so skilled Batman.

So its hard to give Bane a win vs anyone that is highly skilled because of Bane's movie feats.

Same goes for Baleman.

Ya Bane and Baleman come to mind. Really great trilogy with really great characters, but not good for vs fights unless

A) everyone properly debates according to the MvF screen feats only rule, and
B) the stipulations are set up in a very specific manner. Making a thread that simply asks, "Baleman vs >insert character here< who wins?" = Baleman losing a lot of matches.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Thanks for all the responses guys. All are great examples so far, IMO.

Yep I was going to mention Star Wars Sith and Jedi specifically as well, Froth. The cartoon vs movie feats issue, plus the ability to TK means that they should insta-kill/KO about any foe barring someone that is just really uber (e.g., Superman) or has anti-TK abilities (e.g., another Force user).

Yeah, it's a pain to debate with Jedi or Sith simply because it's assumed that:

1. Lightsaber will cut through anything
2. Force TK means insta-choke/neck snap
3. Force precog means force user never gets hit
4. Force TK means anyone without flight is levitated and held in the air while said force user proceeds to carve them up with lightsabers

And it's hard to debate like this because these force users have never been shown to always fight like this, yet they do have feats suggesting they can.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, three characters that I think are problem characters in debates are Hancock, Dr Manhattan and Dormammu. And the issue is that we have no real idea of what their limits are, especially with regards to what it would actually take to hurt/defeat them.

Agreed here with Hancock and Dormammu, but Jon Osterman might indeed be the character who is the WORST for a vs fight because of the reasons you listed Vault.

Silent Master
Bane and Baleman are fine for vs threads, as they have plenty of feats. they're just not good for winning vs fights, as their feats suck.

FrothByte
On a different note, at least no movie character I know of is as frustrating to debate against as trying to debate with batman fans regarding comicbook Batman. I've had comicbook fans tell me that Batman can defeat living Tribunal as long as he has prep time.

John Murdoch
On a different note, at least no movie character I know of is as frustrating to debate against as trying to debate with batman fans regarding comicbook Batman. I've had comicbook fans tell me that Batman can defeat living Tribunal as long as he has prep time.

Hahahahahahaha, don't know what to say to that.

Dreampanther
I've had comicbook fans tell me that Batman can defeat living Tribunal as long as he has prep time.

http://pre05.deviantart.net/ce74/th/pre/f/2013/352/f/f/because_batman__duuh__by_nebezial-d6ydrqi.jpg

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman

Same goes for Baleman. It's rather easy to defend Bane using just his feats, as long as you don't try to do it against people like Captain America.

For example, he'd beat Ivan Drago and Batman in BvS in a fight without much trouble. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Solid47
Baleman, Miyagi, McClane and any character backed by Dexx.

Then why do you keep making threads featuring those characters?

Seriously, you are essentially feeding the troll and then complaining when it comes back for more.

Silent Master
They're working together.

Henry_Pym
You guys are thinking to intelligently, we have tards who post versus battles with characters who are in movies that haven't even come out yet.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Dreampanther
http://pre05.deviantart.net/ce74/th/pre/f/2013/352/f/f/because_batman__duuh__by_nebezial-d6ydrqi.jpg

lol!!!!

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Most of the CW DC universe, because plot can often affect performance where various characters are concerned, and that makes it difficult to pinpoint a consistent level to judge them on for debates. For example, CW Flash can defeat a 100 metahumans in the space of a few seconds, without breaking a sweat. But, in the very same episode, will have trouble with a single metahuman, just because they happen to be the villain of the week.

StealthRanger
I fail to see the issue with discussing SW force users in threads, where cartoon feats are concerned. Then again, unlike some, I care little for the concept of "consistency" and merely tend to think "if it happened and sounds ridiculous, so be it"

Btw, why is Star Wars one of the few verses that get treated that way yet almost nothing else does?

FrothByte
Well I dislike debating on characters that have inconsistent superspeed feats. Flash, Superman, Supergirl, Twivamps.... because normally how they perform is quite different from what they're supposed to be capable of.

It's a lot easier when their speed feats are consistent like The One or the vamps from True Blood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.