Elijah Snow Vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/760/82555-180608-elijah-snow.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/237968-100696-black-panther.jpg

h1a8
quickdraw. I would say Elijah

leonidas
random encounter panther dies quickly via having his blood instantly frozen. or the rest of him. /shrug

riv6672
Dang. eek2

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
random encounter panther dies quickly via having his blood instantly frozen. or the rest of him. /shrug thumb up

Just flash-cooling(or freezing) the water in Panther's brain would do the trick, me thinks:
http://i.imgur.com/Zc77e65.jpg

riv6672
^^^Srsly thought BP could be the guy to take it to Snow.

wuleecat
I just finished reading a huge Omnibus edition of the entire Ellis/ Cassaday run of Planetary, and I can confidently state - and gleefully too, since Black Panther ranks high up on my least-favourite characters list - that Snow would deal with him quickly and quite contemptuously. They aren't even in the same league.

Sort of hope to see something like this happening...

riv6672
Yeah, i totally hate BP, but in most fights, he has a ton of advantages.
I mean the whole freeze the brain thing...isnt his outfit climate controlled or something?

DarkSaint85
The attack is internal.

The suit won't help - Snow wins this handily

riv6672
Thats what climate control does, not have your body temp. change, but, since it seems BP doesnt have it, in the Swiss Army knife he calls a suit, nothing to do but celebrate.

leonidas
Originally posted by wuleecat
I just finished reading a huge Omnibus edition of the entire Ellis/ Cassaday run of Planetary, and I can confidently state - and gleefully too, since Black Panther ranks high up on my least-favourite characters list - that Snow would deal with him quickly and quite contemptuously. They aren't even in the same league.

Sort of hope to see something like this happening...

planetary's one of the best books to come up in the last bunch of decades imo. thumb up

riv6672
And this thread inspired Galan's newest sig/avy combo, so win win!

Vanguard
You're pretty much a loser if you don't like Black Panther. Especially if it's for no good reason.

Fact cool

leonidas
Originally posted by Vanguard
You're pretty much a loser if you like Black Panther. Especially if it's for no good reason.

Fact cool

thumb up

psycho gundam
Leo'd BP hate is almost legendary

abhilegend
You're pretty much a loser if you don't like Black Panther. Especially if it's for no good reason.

Fact cool
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
^ Blame KMC and its Panther Clan...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^ Blame KMC and its Panther Clan... Doesn't exist.

If there was a way to gauge the amount of discussion combined with the amount of wins/losses per character on kmc, Bp might be still on the low end with maybe the amount of wins being his highest stat. Doctor Doom is discussed more so than BP is and you barely see Doom threads

leonidas
lol i do hate the character, no doubt about it. didn't used to. it's a combo of a few different things. really though, i've come to hate a lot of marvel characters--primarily they are the ones who all got ridiculous bumps for seemingly no reasons. iron fist--used to love him, can't stand him anymore. cage? used to think he was cool, now i can't stand him. thanos was the first REAL character i went from loving to hating. all were perfectly good characters who were given unnecessary pushes by marvel. i'm more of an 'if it's not broken don't fix it' kinda guy than an 'if it's not broken let's go ahead and give them crazy bumps in power and prestige' kinda guy. /shrug

fanboys of course don't make it easier to like them in forum settings.

psycho gundam
I want to hear your DC list with all honesty in your assessment

leonidas
are you asking which characters i hate in dc?

Galan007
lol i do hate the character, no doubt about it. Never pegged you for a racist. This is a sad, sad day indeed.

herbcry

deathslash
are you asking which characters i hate in dc? he almost certainly is and DC gives it's characters far more "pushes" than marvel does. I do agree with you on characters not needing to receive a steady amount of amps to be interesting. Receiving amps regularly is one of the reasons behind why I went from loving Batman and Superman to disliking them.

Vanguard
Originally posted by deathslash
he almost certainly is and DC gives it's characters far more "pushes" than marvel does. I do agree with you on characters not needing to receive a steady amount of amps to be interesting. Receiving amps regularly is one of the reasons behind why I went from loving Batman and Superman to disliking them.

Amen on not liking Superman. Batman I can deal with.

TheHulkster
Exactly what push did Thanos get beyond the one he got in 1990?

riv6672

Fact cool
I pretty much dont care if some guy sitting on his ass at a computer calls me a loser over which fictional character i like or not.

Fact cool

riv6672
Originally posted by Galan007
Never pegged you for a racist. This is a sad, sad day indeed.

herbcry
Its more racist to play the race card.

leonidas
yeah galan. sneer

leonidas
Originally posted by deathslash
he almost certainly is and DC gives it's characters far more "pushes" than marvel does. I do agree with you on characters not needing to receive a steady amount of amps to be interesting. Receiving amps regularly is one of the reasons behind why I went from loving Batman and Superman to disliking them.

really? you think? i dunno. most of dc's streets have kinda stayed pretty much the same imo. who do you see as having really received a bp/cage/IF-esque push? maybe current deathstroke? how did bats or superman get pushes iyo? both have traditionally been at the top of the food chain in dc, so not really seeing the pushes. i'll admit to not loving hal and most gl's in the last few years. i do feel they have been given some pretty crazy treatment (but they've had some pretty interesting stories as well....) but bats and superman they have crazy feats dating back decades.... so does hal for that matter. and flash.... i guess i've always seen dc's characters as more stable--quite a bit more stable--than marvel's. at least more recently. /shrug

deathslash
really? you think? i dunno. most of dc's streets have kinda stayed pretty much the same imo. who do you see as having really received a bp/cage/IF-esque push? maybe current deathstroke? how did bats or superman get pushes iyo? both have traditionally been at the top of the food chain in dc, so not really seeing the pushes. i'll admit to not loving hal and most gl's in the last few years. i do feel they have been given some pretty crazy treatment (but they've had some pretty interesting stories as well....) but bats and superman they have crazy feats dating back decades.... so does hal for that matter. and flash.... i guess i've always seen dc's characters as more stable--quite a bit more stable--than marvel's. at least more recently. /shrug Batman constantly disappearing in front of Superman/Gotham/full rooms of characters (not even gonna mention him getting a face full of concrete from wonder woman)? Bane getting taken from high street to potentially mid meta? Deathstroke getting more and more broken and over the top weapons? Midnighter beating up hell lords? There are more examples, all you have to do is wait for Golgo to make a new thread and you can literally smell the cheese. Seriously, every third word out of that guy's mouth is "X character that used to be street level just blew up a planet by blinking".

leonidas
hulk's another one for marvel. idiocy. for how many decades did we debate who was stronger ultimately, thor or hulk. and now you have hulk capable of what--collaterally destroying worlds?? vaporizing supposed enemies who were at one time able to battle him and yet, even at "10000x" their normal power they are less than nothing?? lol ridiculous. but that seems to be the thing at marvel. monica rambeau is next in line, easy to see that already. i really do hate the trend but even more, i don't understand it. if they were good characters to begin with, this approach should not be necessary.

deathslash
hulk's another one for marvel. idiocy. for how many decades did we debate who was stronger ultimately, thor or hulk. and now you have hulk capable of what--collaterally destroying worlds?? vaporizing supposed enemies who were at one time able to battle him and yet, even at "10000x" their normal power they are less than nothing?? lol ridiculous. but that seems to be the thing at marvel. monica rambeau is next in line, easy to see that already. i really do hate the trend but even more, i don't understand it. if they were good characters to begin with, this approach should not be necessary. hulk is one of Marvel's top teirs though. You do realize that Superman just punked two enemies that gave him serious trouble in the past right? Also, there was an actual reason behind why hulk suddenly became so powerful, Superman just started singing people out of existence and lifting infinity for no reason.

psycho gundam
What matters most is if the story/character suffers in favour of a power boost or whatever the case may be.

cdtm
Head says Snow.

Heart remembers T'challa random encounter meeting red suitted Danny Rand, and just happening to have tech on him that cleans corrupted chi, and fix a dragon's corrupted dna..

But yeah, Snow.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
Never pegged you for a racist. This is a sad, sad day indeed.

herbcry
to me, panther is something else entirely though. he was such a cool character at one point but he's more robot nowadays, doing whatever the hell he wants and he's seemingly been given this marvel grace to solve any problem or beat whoever is in front of him. it's rather maddening tbh. ms america is a really cool character, but she is likely the most arrogant female character in marvel imo. now i think of it, i really dislike the ultimates in general... touted as this awesome team, when any competent version of the avengers could easily match them. /shrug
All persons of color on the foreground with the token white girl in the back.
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/10/567ac421b37b5/background.jpg

stick out tongue

TheHulkster
http://paralelevrencr.com/ultimates-6523-9048-65-B.jpg

deathslash
Originally posted by TheHulkster
http://paralelevrencr.com/ultimates-6523-9048-65-B.jpg Terry Dodson needs to learn how to draw men. Panther and Adam both look way to feminine.

riv6672
Originally posted by psycho gundam
What matters most is if the story/character suffers in favour of a power boost or whatever the case may be.
Agreed.
The suffering may be a matter of opinion, though.
As an example, a lot of ppl love John Constantine as some sort of universal power.
To me he was always meant to be a hedge wizard who got by on his wits while in way over his head.

leonidas
constantine is a great choice for a dc character i can no longer stand to even look at...

@slash: i get what you're saying about superman (though i've not followed him for a few months now) but it seems the degree of his amp (not counting the one he seems to have received just recently) was never that great. adding some new powers never really seemed to stick with him (singing, t-vo, that sunburst thing he did once....) at heart he seems the same.

and there is a difference between beating some guys and vaporizing them as collateral damage, at "1000x" normal power.... i mean, hell, even jim frickin hammond seems like a herald at marvel these days...

in general i just think dc has stayed more true. mostly because so many of their guys were overpowered already maybe? /shrug

Sin I AM
Most power upgrades are writer/arc specific. Theres really no take away from characters getting a bump. U can be op af as long as your stories are good. Not that deep

riv6672
Possibly, yeah.
DC characters have always been more powerful on average.

staxamillion
the whole thanos bump wasn't really an amp or anything just more facetime than what was necessary. they brought his stock down by oversaturation

riv6672
^^^Oh god yes.
Starlin's Marty Sue.

TheHulkster
I didn't see Panther as very cool back in his days as the Avengers token screw up:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f0/95/63/f0956313c61b3c2d39ba28ded12c94f7.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ec/0b/53/ec0b53997e00bac5c2bd4ae03ba3636d.jpg

Black Panther today is more like his first appearance:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1174110-48di.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by staxamillion
the whole thanos bump wasn't really an amp or anything just more facetime than what was necessary. they brought his stock down by oversaturation

he went from getting knocked around by thing and thor to being unable to be ko'd by odin and easily knocking galactus on his a$$. any fan of thanos will tell you he's had multiple power ups since his 'return' and the oversaturation of the character, (thank god it's ebbed) was ridiculous.

riv6672
My dislike doesnt completely come from Panther's rampant overpowering, it comes from his personality shifting from that of a basically nice guy to a raging douche nozzle.

leonidas
thumb up it's the combo for me.

krisblaze
planetary's one of the best books to come up in the last bunch of decades imo. thumb up

Yup thumb up

Planetary is well thought out, easy to enjoy and has more than enough depth and references.

basilisk
Snow FTW

lol i do hate the character, no doubt about it. didn't used to. it's a combo of a few different things. really though, i've come to hate a lot of marvel characters--primarily they are the ones who all got ridiculous bumps for seemingly no reasons. iron fist--used to love him, can't stand him anymore. cage? used to think he was cool, now i can't stand him. thanos was the first REAL character i went from loving to hating. all were perfectly good characters who were given unnecessary pushes by marvel. i'm more of an 'if it's not broken don't fix it' kinda guy than an 'if it's not broken let's go ahead and give them crazy bumps in power and prestige' kinda guy. /shru

hulk's another one for marvel. idiocy. for how many decades did we debate who was stronger ultimately, thor or hulk. and now you have hulk capable of what--collaterally destroying worlds?? vaporizing supposed enemies who were at one time able to battle him and yet, even at "10000x" their normal power they are less than nothing?? lol ridiculous. but that seems to be the thing at marvel. monica rambeau is next in line, easy to see that already. i really do hate the trend but even more, i don't understand it. if they were good characters to begin with, this approach should not be necessary.

So very true. BP, IF, Cage, Thanos, Hulk, Wolverine were all ones I used to like early on but came to find annoying or outright dislike for the same reasons. Too many unnecessary pushes and over the top bulls*** with them. X-characters, Monica, all of them. BP is just a douche. I still sometimes like (and want to like) IF and Wolverine (the real one) but tone it down a little Marvel I also hate Prestige because... Prestige.

staxamillion
he went from getting knocked around by thing and thor to being unable to be ko'd by odin and easily knocking galactus on his a$$. any fan of thanos will tell you he's had multiple power ups since his 'return' and the oversaturation of the character, (thank god it's ebbed) was ridiculous.

I wasn't talking about thanos story overall just his last few years with over saturation. I always thought of thanos I guess how you see DC characters as meant to be OP or already OP so shrug

TheHulkster
Originally posted by staxamillion
I wasn't talking about thanos story overall just his last few years with over saturation. I always thought of thanos I guess how you see DC characters as meant to be OP or already OP so shrug

The last few years results from the movie appearances and upcoming movie. That's only to be expected. Aside from that, any other push came about 27 years ago. That's an old push.

leonidas
hence why i said he was the first i started to dislike. thumb up

TheHulkster
Now what is the issue with Cage and Monica? Heck, what is the issue with Iron Fist?

Anyone have a problem with Storm, Blue Marvel, Miss America or Falcon? There are a couple of posters who seem negative toward Blue Marvel and some who don't like The Ultimates.

leonidas
monica is still cool in my book and deserved to have her powers explored a little more closely. cosmic awareness now though? casual mention of her being able to destroy a planet? why? she was very cool already. does everyone need to be able to destroy a planet? i don't mind bm either but the ultimates in general i do not like at all-- i still read the book though, but often as not i'm rooting for them to get their a$$es kicked. very pretentious as a group and ms america doesn't help. seriously--THEY solve the problem of galactus?? reed and tony have faced him how many times? and galactus himself, with his knowledge, his equipment, his cosmic awareness, yet a group of humans evolve him? wtf? galactus is among the smartest beings in the universe but he couldn't figure out a way to solve his own issue, the ultimates had to? yeah, not buying it. even the ease with which they took thanos out twice didn't sit well with me. some interesting situations though, and a way to keep abreast of cosmic shenanigans in marvel, hence why i read it still. /shrug

riv6672
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Now what is the issue with Cage and Monica? Heck, what is the issue with Iron Fist?

Anyone have a problem with Storm, Blue Marvel, Miss America or Falcon? There are a couple of posters who seem negative toward Blue Marvel and some who don't like The Ultimates.
All those characters are great, great, great, okay, great, good, good, respectively.
Its BP that sucks. thumb up

Vanguard
Seems like people just hate the way Black Panther has been handled. Can't really hate Black Panther. It's like hating Chadwick Boseman for portraying the character. Boseman hasn't done anything wrong.

riv6672
Nope, dont hate Boseman, just BP.
It'll be the first MCU movie i wont watch.

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672

No, what I'm saying is there's nothing wrong with TChalla. Just that writers have taken him in a direction you disagree with.

And if you decide not to see the Black Panther flick that's fine. It's your loss.

riv6672
It was my loss when they changed BPs entire personality years ago.
Its all good.

leonidas
yep. and if they change him back, or some writer does something cool with him, i'll probably like him again. thumb up

TheHulkster
How is he different now?

https://adeptpress.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/pantherface2.jpg

https://marswillsendnomore.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/black-panther-jack-kirby-scans021.jpg

riv6672
Not sure what you're point is with those scans, but, BP used to have a nice fro, yeah!

panthergod
Of course. Its you.

panthergod
My dislike doesnt completely come from Panther's rampant overpowering, it comes from his personality shifting from that of a basically nice guy to a raging douche nozzle.
You aren't alone in preferring black men being submissive and polite while being portrayed as an incompetent instead of confident effective and aggressive in pursuing their interests.

wuleecat
Hmmm...it's just that when I read a comic with T'Charlie being "confident, effective and aggressive in pursuing (his) interests", I don't really warm to the character very much. This has nothing to do with his colour, despite what you are insinuating. Not everyone who dislikes BP has some sort of racist agenda. In my case, I just think that the way the character has been written in the last few years have made him seem like an overconfident, preening, egotistical ****.

Just my opinion.

Sin I AM
What exactly is a well written BP?

Hmmm...it's just that when I read a comic with T'Charlie being "confident, effective and aggressive in pursuing (his) interests", I don't really warm to the character very much. This has nothing to do with his colour, despite what you are insinuating. Not everyone who dislikes BP has some sort of racist agenda. In my case, I just think that the way the character has been written in the last few years have made him seem like an overconfident, preening, egotistical ****.

Just my opinion.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What exactly is a well written BP?
That in itself is an Oxymoron.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
That in itself is an Oxymoron.

Priest run was well written imo. Panther isnt a bad character actually..i just find it odd thar people hate him for the same reasons they love batman or wank doom or bladam or namor. And then when u ask y? U get some lame ass non answer.

riv6672

Just my opinion.
Huh.
I have the person you're respnding to on ignore, but grain of salt to whatever he posted, because he cant stand that i refuse to see the world in 'black & white', and that i dont identify as 'african' American, since, you know, i'm not african, nor would i want to be, and feel that sharing my skin color doesnt automatically entitle you to my undying loyalty, just as not sharing it doesn't mean i'm going to blame you for things that happened before we were all born.
Shit like that. stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Priest run was well written imo. Panther isnt a bad character actually..i just find it odd thar people hate him for the same reasons they love batman or wank doom or bladam or namor. And then when u ask y? U get some lame ass non answer.

i actually didn't mind priest's run, but i really liked the government guy in that series best (can't recall his name--he just ousted maria hill in cap...)

bp seems to have simply become a bad version of batman and doom. why bad? because both of the others do it better. much better. marvel even seems to have lost some sense of his identity. king? not a king? vaguely defined king of the dead?? idiotic. someone said it right earlier--he's a preening egotistical **** who seems to have been given this grace to solve any problem and beat anyone of late. terrible character for a lot of reasons atm.

riv6672
Thats not a non answer, more like, an answer some ppl refuse to acknowledge.

leonidas
it's not really intended to be...any answer. just i statement of my opinion. i don't care if anyone else likes him--i don't. i just don't like people trying to dictate who i should like and i shouldn't really need to justify the reason. sometimes you just don't like something because...you don't like it. no more complex than that. in this case, there are some very good reasons to dislike the character--but i don't NEED good reasons. and the irony--most fanboys do more to hurt their character and the way people feel about them, than help. a lot more. /shrug

riv6672
it's not really intended to be...any answer. just i statement of my opinion. i don't care if anyone else likes him--i don't. i just don't like people trying to dictate who i should like and i shouldn't really need to justify the reason. sometimes you just don't like something because...you don't like it. no more complex than that. in this case, there are some very good reasons to dislike the character--but i don't NEED good reasons. and the irony--most fanboys do more to hurt their character and the way people feel about them, than help. a lot more. /shrug
Nicely put.
Personally, if i wasnt active on MBs, i wouldnt give BP a second thought. Or care who was/wasnt buying his book. More power to them.

leonidas
mb's?

riv6672
Message boards.

leonidas
thumb up message boards have advantages and disadvantages.

DarkSaint85
Leo, you should like BP thumb up

leonidas
sneer

riv6672
laughing out loud

cdtm

And then there's Iron Fist, the fanboyism that put Danny on the map. thumb up

TheHulkster
Not sure what you're point is with those scans, but, BP used to have a nice fro, yeah!

He shows arrogance in those scans. Those are from his earliest days.

riv6672
If you say so.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
And then there's Iron Fist, the fanboyism that put Danny on the map. thumb up

that...literally may have happened. read some of the most recent danny stuff. gotta say, i don't mind it. sort of corny in a good way. a departure from even just a few years back, no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.