Rebels Vader and Rebels Maul vs Rebels Ahsoka and Ben Kenobi (Read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Round 1: Standard Fight
Round 2: Samurai Fight- who wins? how many moves?

Does Vader-ken lead his team to victory? Or can Ahsoka-san and Kenochi prevail?

Note: Combatants have prior knowledge of each other

Azronger
Vader needs a better teammate

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Azronger
Vader needs a better teammate
Yea, aside from Ahsoka and Ben, the only dude I can think off to be between maul and vader would be dooku.

Maul's likely the best teammate Vader can have in order for an even match

Rockydonovang
Also, people need to stop using ben three-shotting maul, which was possible through knowledge I've forbid either combatant to have, as an indication of a massive gap between ben and maul. Ben's better, but given that Maul's performance vs Ahsoka wasn't that for off Vader's, the gaps prolly marginal

|King Joker|
Team 2 pretty solidly.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Team 2 pretty solidly.
reasons?
and how bout round 2?

|King Joker|
Maul has shown he can't really compete with Kenobi anymore, so he'd be relevant for only about three seconds. After Maul is disposed of, Kenobi and Ahsoka take down Vader in a very one-sided fight.

And I don't really know what you mean by 'samurai fight', so I can't say.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maul has shown he can't really compete with Kenobi anymore, so he'd be relevant for only about three seconds. After Maul is disposed of, Kenobi and Ahsoka take down Vader in a very one-sided fight.

And I don't really know what you mean by 'samurai fight', so I can't say.
I'm talking about this:

And yea, in a normal sw fight he can contend with Kenobi fine, lol. Unless you want to argue ben holds some significant superiority to vader who maul performed relatively similarly to against Ahsoka.

Maul being three-shotted by Kenobi had nothing to do with Kenobi being massively above maul. Kenobi's better per authority and by virtue of beating him, but his fight against maul being short was because both a storytelling choice and I'm and maul having fought each other multiple times and having in depth knowledge of how the other fights(which I've removed in the op)

I love making fun of maul as much as the next guy, but the notion that Kenobi can three-shot someone in vader's general range is kinda laughable. Especially when we're given an indepth explantion for why the fight was so short.

|King Joker|
In-universe there's no proof that Kenobi and Maul actively tried to fight in a different manner (samurai vs. 'normal' fighting), so I'd love for you to explain how Maul fighting 'normally' (how was he fighting abnormally in the episode?) in this thread would magically make him capable of fighting on par with Kenobi. The producers of the show chose to make the fight samurai-esque in order to illustrate the disparity between the two because of a lot of different in-universe factors, (with the primary being the two characters' growth, or lack-thereof) such as: Maul's underestimation of Kenobi, Kenobi's evolved mental state and freed state of mind versus Maul's stagnant personal growth and fixation on revenge, and the byproduct of the latter being Maul using the exact same move set he used in TPM. Literally all of those factors are still present in whatever you think a 'normal' fight is, so Maul is still getting his shit pushed in by Kenobi in both scenarios, sorry.

Rockydonovang
nobody's arguing maul is on par with Kenobi, but yea, fighting evenly with ahsoka in the same place where she contended with vader(ben's superior) is sufficient to dismiss the notion that ben can three-shot him.

And yes Kenobi surpassed maul, just like Vader surpassed Kenobi, that doesn't mean maul can't hold his own.compete with him, which is obvious given his contention with Ahsoka who herself challenged and contended with Ben's superior.

|King Joker|
Dude, Kenobi's dismantling of Maul is literally only because of the very specific circumstances and factors surrounding their dynamic with each other. It's just how they stack up against each other in Rebels. I don't think that Kenobi is gargantuously above Maul's range -- it obviously isn't true because, like you said, the fights of Maul vs. Ahsoka, Ahsoka vs. Vader and Kenobi vs. Vader, etc. But we saw the fight first-hand -- Maul cannot compete with Kenobi during Rebels, but that's just indicitive of the complexities of fights and how certain fighters stack up against one another. It's like saying Ventress can actually compete with Dooku 1 on 1 because of her fights with Anakin, but that just isn't how fights work.

Rockydonovang
Okay, then lets say that maul is paired off vs Ahsoka, and Ben vs Vader

who wins?

UCanShootMyNova
Vader.

Dispray
Vader and Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.